Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,490 members, 7,808,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

Sexual Health: Is This Safe/normal? Help Out Please - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sexual Health: Is This Safe/normal? Help Out Please (1626 Views)

Male Or Female Sexual Health Issues? New Free 24/7 Live Chat Live With A Doctor! / Women's Sexual Health: Age Doesn't Matter / A Pregnant Woman Lifting Weights: Is This Safe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sexual Health: Is This Safe/normal? Help Out Please by alafialoju: 4:52pm On Jun 14, 2011
I got married few months ago, with our job type, we agreed not to raise children until a year after which we believe must be ripe for us to be financially independent and be on our own.
However, as married couples, i have good sexual activity with my husband and since we both agreed on raising children, i opted to use contraceptives. But he insisted saying contraceptives had a long residual effect which might affect our chances of giving birth. He preferred " natural methods" such as salt and water, andrew liversalts etc. I had been taking these for quite some time now and I see it working since i had not get pregnant.

The issue is: am scared if these things has nothing harmful to do with reproductive system and my chances of getting pregnant.

If yes, what other measures can i take apart from condom usage.
Is there any safe contraceptives that can be used which has less residual effect since i had not giving birth before
Re: Sexual Health: Is This Safe/normal? Help Out Please by eyesofgold(m): 2:21am On Jun 17, 2011
Dear poster,

most of these so called natural ways for pregnancy prevention like salt and water and andrews liver salt are not evidence based whereas the medically approved contraceptives are evidence based; they have been rigorously researched and found suitable for use with little or no residual effect. I will rather advice you to visit a good family planning clinic and ask for options of contraceptives other than condom and withdrawals that will be suitable for you. In the developed nations, they have this implant they use, i am not sure about Nigeria, so i suggest you visit a good family planning clinic, preferrably government owned for further advice.

(1) (Reply)

Our Doctor's Are Selfish-dr Adewale Owolabi M.B.B.S, MPH / Best Selling Skin Glow Kit, All You Need To Have A Flawless Skin-tone / What Might Be The Posible Cause Of Coughing Out Blood?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.