Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,825 members, 7,802,634 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Ne-yo's Father Is From South East Nigeria? (Middle name: Chimire) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ne-yo's Father Is From South East Nigeria? (Middle name: Chimire) (55718 Views)

Actor Artus Frank's Father Is Dead (photos) / Nigerian Rapper Olamide's Father Is Dead / Ever Wondered What Would Happen If Ne-yo And Rihanna Had A Daughter Together? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ne-yo's Father Is From South East Nigeria? (Middle name: Chimire) by beeke(m): 5:46pm On Jun 14, 2011
My names are Shaffer Chimere Smith, better known by my stage name Ne-Yo am an American pop and R&B singer-songwriter, record producer, and actor i was born in Camden, Arkansas, and baptized as Shaffer Chimere Smith. "Chimere" is a name originating from the Igbo language in Nigeria meaning "God's Deed". my father is African American, and my mother is of mixed African American and Chinese.
--Ne-Yo

In 2005, Ne-Yo's girlfriend at the time gave birth to a boy, naming him Chimere after Ne-Yo's middle name. Though Ne-Yo believed he was the father, he later discovered the child was not his. He is now in litigation with the child's mother

1 Like

Re: Ne-yo's Father Is From South East Nigeria? (Middle name: Chimire) by beeke(m): 5:58pm On Jun 14, 2011
Now i believe the saying that anywhere you go and fail to see an Igbo man dont spend the night there. Ne-Yo an Igbo man doing the Igbo nation proud.

Remember One among the six finalist on "THE REAL HOUSE WIFE ATLANTA" has an Igbo father

And at one point in time Naomi Campbell was rumored to have a Nigeria father also from the South East

1 Like

Re: Ne-yo's Father Is From South East Nigeria? (Middle name: Chimire) by Blazay(m): 6:28pm On Jun 14, 2011
Would not surprise me at all.
All those peeps that come looking for their fathers in Africa after so many years are usually from the Eastern or Western parts of Nigeria.

Most AA children without fathers in the US are from Igbo or Yoruba origins.
You don't see that from Northern or Southern Nigeria as much, where men just phock and impregnate women all over the diaspora withour claiming their ECOMOG soldiers.

Awon Tu Face Idiabia wa!
Awon Femi Kuti wa!

cheesy

my father is African American, and my mother is of mixed African American and Chinese.

Mu he he he he he

. . .And so am I. BY NATURALIZATION. kiss

Will the true African American please stand up! grin

1 Like

Re: Ne-yo's Father Is From South East Nigeria? (Middle name: Chimire) by beeke(m): 7:29pm On Jun 14, 2011
Blazay:

Would not surprise me at all.
All those peeps that come looking for their fathers in Africa after so many years are usually from the Eastern or Western parts of Nigeria.

Most AA children without fathers in the US are from Igbo or Yoruba origins.
You don't see that from Northern or Southern Nigeria as much, where men just phock and impregnate women all over the diaspora withour claiming their ECOMOG soldiers.

Awon Tu Face Idiabia wa!
Awon Femi Kuti wa!

cheesy

Mu he he he he he

. . .And so am I. BY NATURALIZATION. kiss

Will the true African American please stand up! grin
So you mean the Igbos dont have self control or wot? becos to my understanding it show the Igbos can travel far and wide and you know the Igbos are republicans in nature so it is always easy for their host to welcome them and commingle with them and lastly an average Igbo man is intelligent and smart
Re: Ne-yo's Father Is From South East Nigeria? (Middle name: Chimire) by tpia5: 11:32pm On Jun 14, 2011
Is it a yoruba/igbo thing or a nigerian one.

The hausas i'm not sure about sha.

The ones down south dont father kids there so much. They still stick mainly to their own women i suppose.

The ones overseas also dont seem to be so much into this business of baby daddy though i could be wrong.

lord have mercy.
Re: Ne-yo's Father Is From South East Nigeria? (Middle name: Chimire) by Muslcar: 12:18am On Jun 15, 2011
Not surprised because the guy always had dat familia look to me but just couldn't put my fingers on wat exactly it was. Now i know for sure he is Igbo. grin
Re: Ne-yo's Father Is From South East Nigeria? (Middle name: Chimire) by tpia5: 12:52am On Jun 15, 2011
dont know much about him but i think he was in a video with kanye.
Re: Ne-yo's Father Is From South East Nigeria? (Middle name: Chimire) by footreja: 6:11pm On Jun 15, 2011
@ OP, na wa for you o. what is your source of that statement from Neyo. Dont fool yourself.
Re: Ne-yo's Father Is From South East Nigeria? (Middle name: Chimire) by Hardballer(m): 11:06pm On Jun 15, 2011
Muslcar:

Not surprised because the guy always had dat familia look to me but just couldn't put my fingers on wat exactly it was. Now i know for sure he is Igbo. grin

Bleep outta here
Re: Ne-yo's Father Is From South East Nigeria? (Middle name: Chimire) by beeke(m): 7:14pm On Jun 16, 2011
footreja:

@ OP, na wa for you o. what is your source of that statement from Neyo. Dont fool yourself.
Do you have issues with me or Ne-Yo, or is it because he is not from your tribe? grin grin grin
so every topic in NL most have a source before you Thomas believe it, the above was an interview he granted on tv. so why are you fighting man.
Re: Ne-yo's Father Is From South East Nigeria? (Middle name: Chimire) by sasimalia(f): 9:00pm On Jun 16, 2011
beeke:

My names are Shaffer Chimere Smith, better known by my stage name Ne-Yo am an American pop and R&B singer-songwriter, record producer, and actor i was born in Camden, Arkansas, and baptized as Shaffer Chimere Smith. "Chimere" is a name originating from the Igbo language in Nigeria meaning "God's Deed". my father is African American, and my mother is of mixed African American and Chinese.
--Ne-Yo

In 2005, Ne-Yo's girlfriend at the time gave birth to a boy, naming him Chimere after Ne-Yo's middle name. Though Ne-Yo believed he was the father, he later discovered the child was not his. He is now in litigation with the child's mother

Am I the one who can't read or what? I certainly don't have a problem with a nation/ethnic group claiming as its own someone who has accomplished great things, but since posters responding are saying that Ne-Yo is Igbo, should the chinese people say that he is chinese too? At least that part of his heritage was clearly stated,  undecided
Re: Ne-yo's Father Is From South East Nigeria? (Middle name: Chimire) by footreja: 11:39am On Jun 17, 2011
@beeke, aint fighting you. I am very sure he has no nigerian heritage. He had debunked it before, officially. So i dont know where you got your own info. When asked at the tail-end, he denied:
http://concreteloop.com/interviews-neyo
Re: Ne-yo's Father Is From South East Nigeria? (Middle name: Chimire) by MrCork17: 11:44am On Jun 17, 2011
but why do IBO people like to claim everythings? soooner or later, they will Jesus waz born in Enugu angry
Re: Ne-yo's Father Is From South East Nigeria? (Middle name: Chimire) by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 17, 2011
From my understanding, and from previous interviews Neyo's given, he has no links to Nigeria at all. A traditional name's not proof of ones racial identity. There are people with Spanish names, who have no link to Spain, I myself have an Italian first name, but I've no links to Italy, neither did my parents.

What is clear however, is Neyo's denial of having an Igbo father. People give their children names for different reasons, and not always due to heritage.
Re: Ne-yo's Father Is From South East Nigeria? (Middle name: Chimire) by oseo1(m): 10:49am On Jun 18, 2011
the name Chimere is NOT igbo, i know at least 4 people bearing the name and none of them has any nigerian blood, its pronounced Sha-mear not Chi-me-re as you would like to think. so please lets stop spreading rumors.

2 Likes

Re: Ne-yo's Father Is From South East Nigeria? (Middle name: Chimire) by beeke(m): 8:49pm On Jun 18, 2011
ose_o:

the name Chimere is NOT igbo, i know at least 4 people bearing the name and none of them has any nigerian blood, its pronounced Sha-mear not Chi-me-re as you would like to think. so please lets stop spreading rumors.
You should at least ask me the meaning of Chimere in Igbo before you jump to conclusion, anyway in case you still interested Chimere in Igbo is Gods deed.

sasi_malia:

Am I the one who can't read or what? I certainly don't have a problem with a nation/ethnic group claiming as its own someone who has accomplished great things, but since posters responding are saying that Ne-Yo is Igbo, should the chinese people say that he is chinese too? At least that part of his heritage was clearly stated,  undecided
His father is IGBO and the last time i checked if a Yoruba man fathered a child with an Hausa  woman the child is considered a Yoruba

footreja:

@beeke, aint fighting you. I am very sure he has no nigerian heritage. He had debunked it before, officially. So i dont know where you got your own info. When asked at the tail-end, he denied:
http://concreteloop.com/interviews-neyo

According to Ne-yo's profile his father a Nigeria from the SE separated with his mother when he was still little, read this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ne-Yo

Mr, Cork:

but why do IBO people like to claim everythings?  soooner or later, they will Jesus waz born in Enugu angry
Did you just said claim? no dude we aint claiming it is the fact and for your info my searchlight is firmly on Naomi Campbell very soon you will be hearing from me grin grin grin

Siena:

From my understanding, and from previous interviews Neyo's given, he has no links to Nigeria at all. A traditional name's not proof of ones racial identity. There are people with Spanish names, who have no link to Spain, I myself have an Italian first name, but I've no links to Italy, neither did my parents.

What is clear however, is Neyo's denial of having an Igbo father. People give their children names for different reasons, and not always due to heritage.

The reason for this was because his mother raised him alone after she separated from her husband, Ne-yo is yet to forgive his father for shying away from his fatherly responsibility
Re: Ne-yo's Father Is From South East Nigeria? (Middle name: Chimire) by cescky(m): 4:37pm On Jun 20, 2011
Mr, Cork:

but why do IBO people like to claim everythings? soooner or later, they will Jesus waz born in Enugu angry

crazy cork grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Regina Daniels And Husband, Ned Nwoko Flaunt Their Love (Photos) / Mr Eazi Reacts To Temi Otedola At The Gym (Photo) / Pictures From Adams Oshiomole's Wedding To His Ethiopian Bride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.