Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:54 AM

Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! (10440 Views)

Can You Pray That Your Life Should Be Run The Way Pmb Is Running Nigeria? / Ambode & Tinubu Commission Mile 12-Ikorodu BRT Extention & New BRT Buses / N15bn Loan Approved For Locally-made Buses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by ektbear: 1:58pm On Jun 17, 2011
*shrug*

If you don't like, there are many options available to you to soothe your pain.
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by adejoro75: 2:04pm On Jun 17, 2011
vicenzo:

looks like i am not the only one who knew what was going on behind the scene.

Not only you. We all know what the MO-RON is driving at. It is Igbo-made, not Yoruba, stu-pid.
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by ektbear: 2:11pm On Jun 17, 2011
Hehe.

A m.oron I may be. But at least smart enough not to spend 3+ years (2008 was when you said you graduated, right?) post-doccing without being able to land a tenure-track job  grin grin grin

I also am smart enough not to fraudulently pass off mass emails as evidence of me being a professor.

Not many are as intelligent as you, o thou master of crop science and hydroponics.

BTW, if 1974 or 75 is truly when you were born. . . aren't you getting a little long in the tooth? Must be painful (unsuccessfully) competing for jobs against people a decade younger than you with better credentials.

Or did you modify your documents and lie about your age?  grin
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by adejoro75: 2:18pm On Jun 17, 2011
Igbo-made vehicles:
Its sweet to be an Igbo man, no?

Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by adejoro75: 2:23pm On Jun 17, 2011

Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by ak47mann(m): 4:27pm On Jun 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

Hehe.

A m.oron I may be. But at least smart enough not to spend 3+ years (2008 was when you said you graduated, right?) post-doccing without being able to land a tenure-track job  grin grin grin

I also am smart enough not to fraudulently pass off mass emails as evidence of me being a professor.

Not many are as intelligent as you, o thou master of crop science and hydroponics.

BTW, if 1974 or 75 is truly when you were born. . . aren't you getting a little long in the tooth? Must be painful (unsuccessfully) competing for jobs against people a decade younger than you with better credentials.

Or did you modify your documents and lie about your age?  grin
i will advise you to stop making foool out of yourself mate cool
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by ektbear: 4:29pm On Jun 17, 2011
^-- Advice rejected, "mate." Thanks for the offer, though.

As if I need or want advice from you. "Mate."
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by ak47mann(m): 4:34pm On Jun 17, 2011
^^^^
grin grin you think you are too clever mate cheesy di-ck head tongue
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by ektbear: 4:43pm On Jun 17, 2011
But a few posts above, I admitted to the possibility of me being a m.oron. Anyway, m.oron or not, too clever or not, it is what it is.
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by manny4life(m): 7:55pm On Jun 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

Assembled in location X is different from manufactured in location X, is all I am saying. There is a distinction between the two. I think we can all agree on that.

Obviously there is a clear difference between assembly and manufacture. If we assembled cars, it's pretty much out-of-the-box kit, everything has been prefabricated, the shape of the car mouled, electronic/electric pre-wiring and all the company is doing is just adding "minor"included refit to it. Assembly of a car take a few hrs as opposed to manufacture of one that takes 3x more. My point is the components of a finished products does not determine if it was manufactured or assembled, but what determines between the both is the process involved.

This company buys its sheet metal or steel or whatever is it they use, fabricate/mould it to the shape you see it, engines arrive (though or not if its imported), the engines involve a lot of wiring, then the moulded shape of the car goes through it's wiring, electronic/electric mechanical sensors/components such as brakes, pedals et.al   are installed though some of them are locally manufactured. I mean if you go through all this process, you are not assembling a car but manufactured one from the scratch. Obviously we cannot manufacture some of the components, remember economies of scale? However, I do agree that the start of the scratch begins at home and that's with the fabrication of the sheet metal.
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by ektbear: 8:52pm On Jun 17, 2011
manny4life:

Obviously there is a clear difference between assembly and manufacture. If we assembled cars, it's pretty much out-of-the-box kit, everything has been prefabricated, the shape of the car mouled, electronic/electric pre-wiring and all the company is doing is just adding "minor"included refit to it. Assembly of a car take a few hrs as opposed to manufacture of one that takes 3x more. My point is the components of a finished products does not determine if it was manufactured or assembled, but what determines between the both is the process involved.
Agree with most of this, I think.

This company buys its sheet metal or steel or whatever is it they use, fabricate/mould it to the shape you see it, engines arrive (though or not if its imported), the engines involve a lot of wiring, then the moulded shape of the car goes through it's wiring, electronic/electric mechanical sensors/components such as brakes, pedals et.al   are installed though some of them are locally manufactured. I mean if you go through all this process, you are not assembling a car but manufactured one from the scratch. Obviously we cannot manufacture some of the components, remember economies of scale? However, I do agree that the start of the scratch begins at home and that's with the fabrication of the sheet metal.
Fair enough. Perhaps I'm nitpicking. Perhaps it is too far off to call it manufacturing. Though the primary difference between what they are doing and just CKD assembly is moulding the body locally. . . so not clear to me that this is truly manufacturing.

Anyway, as I've said repeatedly, it is still a great step and a good thing to do. I'm not trying to hate on anyone or denigrate anyone's work.
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by ak47mann(m): 10:39pm On Jun 17, 2011
ekt bear even try some people bad belle no go let them comment grin grin grin but dont blame them that's why Africa is still like these embarassed BACKWARD IT suck really BLACK PEOPLE  for me this kind of advancement  is less expected coming from a useless country like Nigeria. Outside world have kind of giving up already feel sorry for them sometimes is not even funny anymore dont get it undecided
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by billante(m): 11:42pm On Jun 17, 2011
Igbo-made vehicles:
Its sweet to be an Igbo man, no?

Yes it is good to be an igbo man, very industrious and don't just accept poverty in his life, will always make a way and stand out, sometimes negatively
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by Sagamite(m): 12:46pm On Jun 18, 2011
Eziachi:

You are wasting your time trying to squeezed blood out of stone with some who think anything connected with Ndigbo must be bashed and spit at. If made in Nigeria is their problem, I would prefer "IGBO MADE"that will make their blood pressure more secure.

vicenzo:

looks like i am not the only one who knew what was going on behind the scene.

billante:

Yes it is good to be an igbo man, very industrious and don't just accept poverty in his life, will always make a way and stand out, sometimes negatively

This pathetic, complex "victim" mentality.  undecided

tom28:

Abeg shut up there tongue
Secondary school drop out like u wey dey think say im get level because he dey lick the yansh of one old oyibo woman in the UK for 50 pounds.
Mumu !! grin grin

Mooron, shut up!

Just don't try and get involved in discussions above your head. Stick to your area-boy, uneducated and razz geriatric fantasies.
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by Afam4eva(m): 1:04pm On Jun 18, 2011
Positive development coming from enugu for quite some time. Kudos Enugu.
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by billante(m): 11:03pm On Jun 18, 2011
This pathetic, complex "victim" mentality.

pathetic complex!! are u sure u are not d one that has it?
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by Sagamite(m): 12:17am On Jun 19, 2011
billante:

pathetic complex!! are u sure u are not d one that has it?

Am I the one that sees myself as a "victim"?

Am I the one that sees any criticism/reservation through the prism of "attack on my tribe"?

Nah. I am not the one with pathetic complex.
Re: Enugu Brt To Be Run By Nigeria Made Buses! by redsun(m): 12:27am On Jun 19, 2011
Knowing how is the way out,it is not about ogbongbo english or french.Just do it,make mistakes and learn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Successful Igbo Made Products And Brands Inc.and Emerging And Growing In Africa / Video Of President Buhari Visit To Benue Over The Recent Killings In The State / "No More Amnesty For Cultists" - Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.