Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Pictures Of The Uk - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of The Uk (18918 Views)

How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk / Nigerians In The Uk: Stand Up Or Fall / Save The Stress: Apply For The Uk Visa Anywhere In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Uk by anusule(m): 7:50am On Aug 03, 2007
good roads. cool

Re: Pictures Of The Uk by simplyme3(f): 9:57am On Aug 03, 2007
and if these makes u proud of the UK, I have seen better places in the UK than these and indeed better places in Nigeria than what you have posted here, cant still get you.
Re: Pictures Of The Uk by anusule(m): 8:51pm On Aug 03, 2007
if uv seen as u said, fine. no probs.
if u aren't happy, fine. no probs
if u dont get me, fine. no probs.

i waz only posting picturez for people 2 see. never said leeds is d finest place in uk or wherever, and i never compared nigeria with uk.

so wats your problem gurl?
Re: Pictures Of The Uk by anusule(m): 9:15pm On Aug 03, 2007
harehills

Re: Pictures Of The Uk by anusule(m): 9:16pm On Aug 03, 2007
central library

Re: Pictures Of The Uk by omoge(f): 12:23am On Aug 04, 2007
anusule, the harehills picture are those houses homes or offices?
Re: Pictures Of The Uk by Jakumo(m): 6:28am On Aug 04, 2007
Good job Anisule. Typical street scenes like these are very educational, especially to those hoping to visit the UK sometime in the future. That "slice of life" aspect of the UK is often overlooked by travel brochure publishers. Keep 'em coming. Even those who are familiar with the UK would still appreciate your contributions here.
Re: Pictures Of The Uk by anusule(m): 6:40pm On Aug 04, 2007
sm people use their front for shops(off-license) or offices. harehills is residential bt you find shops. its kind of a black community
Re: Pictures Of The Uk by anusule(m): 6:41pm On Aug 04, 2007
where are your pictures ??
Re: Pictures Of The Uk by funkybaby(f): 7:18pm On Aug 04, 2007
anusule:

WHERE ARE YOUR PICTURES EVERYONE?

CANT EXPECT ME TO DO THIS ALONE!!!!

who wan join you u dey enjoy am,

ride on. i cannot see the aim of the pictures though. its not like you are posting pictures of historical attractions and all. undecided
posting pictures of road signs, people walking, houses, oh please!

and what do you mean by ''good roads''?? angry
all my years of going to the uk, i am still yet to see a pothole on any road.

there is nothing absolutely special about any of the pictures you have posted here.

i share the same thoughts with 'simply_me'.

you can as well go to Tesco, take pictures of the supermarket (especially the interior) grin and post them here.
Re: Pictures Of The Uk by anusule(m): 9:25pm On Aug 04, 2007
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cool cool cool cool cool cool
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Pictures Of The Uk by funkybaby(f): 9:50pm On Aug 04, 2007
anusule:

oh ma God!

some r naive.

after seventeen yrz in nigeria, without experiencing proper basic amenities, now i'm 'ere enjoying them and tryn to express my joy and showing people what its like over 'ere.

c'mmon .if your not intersted, yea, just leave. simple,

**hiss**
abajo. na now you dey confess. no wonder leeds dey ''shack'' you no be small. i sha the wonder  shocked why would any person come and start posting pictures of sign boards/buses/bus stations on a public forum,  shocked shocked but now, since you have explained, i now fully understand your predicament .

if you happen to go to france or spain or rome, wetin you go do you will take the sand from their streets and send it to your people in naija as a sign that you have seen europe. grin grin

what you are doing is plain childish,  simple !!!

posting pictures of street signs. ,  balant nonsense angry

**hiss**
Re: Pictures Of The Uk by simplyme3(f): 11:04pm On Aug 04, 2007
correct - childish - he probably lived in the village in Nigeria - or like he said - he never had access to basic facilities and he is now enjoying them in Leeds - enjoying sign posts, people walking, bus stops, residential areas, etc - I blame him not, you know when we were young in Nigeria and we travel to places like Lagos and we see roads and high rise buildings and stuff, we take the picture and go show to our folks back home - yeah - thats what he is doing - but hey common - there are better places than Leeds - common.
Re: Pictures Of The Uk by dinozzo(m): 12:04am On Aug 05, 2007
Arndale, Manchester.

Re: Pictures Of The Uk by dinozzo(m): 12:12am On Aug 05, 2007
city lofts tower, Sheffield.

Re: Pictures Of The Uk by dinozzo(m): 12:40am On Aug 05, 2007
trafford centre, manchester

Re: Pictures Of The Uk by dinozzo(m): 1:32am On Aug 05, 2007
view of Newcastle city centre

Re: Pictures Of The Uk by Kave(m): 3:25am On Aug 05, 2007
Please post more of the pics am enjoying the view , Its motivating,
Re: Pictures Of The Uk by Jakumo(m): 6:27am On Aug 05, 2007
To all those questioning the relevance of the random pictures posted here, remember that there are many viewers of this thread who have never set foot in the UK, and who would therefore be glad for a chance to see a sample of everyday scenes that one would find just walking down the street.

Folks who grew up in the relative squalor of Nigeria, for example, would be intrigued to see that there are NO open sewage gutters anywhere in sight in the UK, unlike the situation in Nigeria where pedestrians who don't look where they are going may break a leg falling into a 3 foot deep concrete drainage ditch filled with fetid green water. Nigerian born folks will also note that unlike typical Nigerian street scenes where piles of rotting trash are an accepted part of the landscape, UK streets are generally kept spotless, as can be seen in ALL the preceding pictures.

Similarly those who grew up in the tropics might be surprised to see a sunlight still shining in the summertime picture of Leeds that was taken at 9pm at "night". Even the difference in population density between Nigeria and the UK is very evident in all the shots published here. Typical Nigerian city streets are crammed shoulder to shoulder with people mixing it up with traffic since there are no sidewalks ( pavements) in Nigeria anywhere outside of Abuja.

All told, the photo montage we see here is VERY educational for those who are interested in seeing the contrasts between Africa and the West, but those who do not agree with this statement are free to ignore this thread, which would make a lot more sense than staying tuned here and feigning indignant boredom so as to appear worldly and well-travelled. That pomposity impresses no one.

More pictures please.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Uk by simplyme3(f): 12:58pm On Aug 05, 2007
Have you seen anyone post the picture of America or beautiful Dubai or magnificiently beautiful Paris or those grotesquely beautiful architecture of Notre Dam or the palatial opulence of Saudi Arabia or the kaleidoscopically intriguing sights of Malaysia? Only common Leeds, Manchester etc? Posting these pictures just means you have to go out, travel and see what more is there. Common -  common common. Grow up.
Re: Pictures Of The Uk by Roscodaddy(m): 1:14pm On Aug 05, 2007
I sure say na community effort this anusule take reach Leeds,you nor try you nor dey even live for correct city na village like leeds you dey stay shame on you,do you know where and where some people in this forum have been in this world,well make you nor use your own take make another person mad,thank God and be humble,only Dubai Airport fine pass all the pics wey you post so keep quiet.
Re: Pictures Of The Uk by mellow(m): 1:25pm On Aug 05, 2007
roflmfao
Re: Pictures Of The Uk by manwoman(m): 1:31pm On Aug 05, 2007
I am glad to be a member of this forum,please the webmaster do more work on how to join the forum on dicussion,you can do it the it is on yahoo and hotmail where they wrote new message or compose so that a new comer can easily start discussion immediately.

God Bless every body in the house.

Thanks,

Man_Woman
Re: Pictures Of The Uk by DisGuy: 2:18pm On Aug 05, 2007
i think man_woman is finding it difficult to post undecided

i don't know why people are complaining, after all this is the travel section of the site, this is what people should expect right? we have seen pictures of Nigeria- good and not so good, we have seen Obudu ranch,Tinapa, olumo/abeokuta rocks, Murtala Airport, Abuja and some other international airports/destinations; we don't have to discuss immigration and visa application rules only do we?
Re: Pictures Of The Uk by simplyme3(f): 3:08pm On Aug 05, 2007
sure.

Re: Pictures Of The Uk by simplyme3(f): 3:11pm On Aug 05, 2007
and,

Re: Pictures Of The Uk by olurotimi(m): 3:37pm On Aug 05, 2007
nobody is saying don't post pictures, but post pictures that make a meaning - not pictures of sign posts and people walking on the street or something - what do u aim to say with those pictures?

so wats else does one expect from an outdoor pics asides life, pple, signpost etc, Did u read d topic ?

Anasule Keep it Up pls and ignore dull critics, grin
Re: Pictures Of The Uk by simplyme3(f): 6:49pm On Aug 05, 2007
@Whoever

These pictures only thrill villagers.
Re: Pictures Of The Uk by Jakumo(m): 7:01pm On Aug 05, 2007
simply_me:

@Whoever

These pictures only thrill villagers.

As the uncultured savage that I'll hopefully always be, I am just thrilled to hear that passionate opinion from a stern city slicker like you.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Uk by simplyme3(f): 7:36pm On Aug 05, 2007
another meaningless nin compoop.
Re: Pictures Of The Uk by InCarNav: 7:37pm On Aug 05, 2007
I dont understand what the point is these pictures are out to acheive - there are indeed better places in the UK and in the whole wide world that makes these pictures meaningless.
Re: Pictures Of The Uk by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 05, 2007
@simply me

I 've been following this thread for awhile and I wondered why sum1 wuz posting pics of Leeds/England

read all the comments both for and against

but those pics of England flooded got me

LOL!!!!!!

that was the cream!!

it just knocks off the impression of developed countries being all 'heaven'

Abeg make person post London for night when clubbers don durtty tube stations and streets with rubbish

In fact show pics of North london and other slums make the 'never been tos' see say abroad no be paradise

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Much Is Transport From Lagos To Delta State? / Delta Air Launches Direct New York To Lagos Flight / Abuja Airport Closure: 10 Things You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.