Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,453 members, 7,808,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

Nigerian Kids Born In The U.s Going Back To Nigeria - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerian Kids Born In The U.s Going Back To Nigeria (7181 Views)

ARE CERTAIN KIDS BORN WITH DREADLOCKS? / FG Recovers 45 Stolen Artefacts From The U.S. / Osu(out Cast) And Real Born In Igbo Land Discrimination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Kids Born In The U.s Going Back To Nigeria by ikeyman00(m): 11:18am On Oct 18, 2008
this thread is an embarassment!!!

tell ur mum to take u to good private school if she can afford it!!

its funi when yall from of oversea get down to nigeria try so hard to front like u from heaven

imagine someone from harlesden,pekham,briston etc saying i dnt want to stay in nigeria, blah balh, i look american haaaaaaaaaaahha

go to abuja, i swear u wouldnt want them to know u from america, my younger sista nko ajibota, face, relatives, then i bet u see people that look like americans bred and brought up in nigeria

as a matter of fact nigerians gals and ladies look damn so much beautiful than these overseas one that look so much ulgy.

so fake hmm stop polluting the place, keep ur thougth in your head

u have princess diana  when she was alive flooding africa jungle like a bird, tonybair had his hand dirty

hey wake up
Re: Nigerian Kids Born In The U.s Going Back To Nigeria by ezeagu(m): 5:29pm On Oct 18, 2008
ikeyman00:

this thread is an embarassment!!!

tell ur mum to take u to good private school if she can afford it!!

its funi when yall from of oversea get down to nigeria try so hard to front like u from heaven

imagine someone from harlesden,pekham,briston etc saying i dnt want to stay in nigeria, blah balh, i look american haaaaaaaaaaahha

go to abuja, i swear u wouldnt want them to know u from america, my younger sista nko ajibota, face, relatives, then i bet u see people that look like americans bred and brought up in nigeria

as a matter of fact nigerians gals and ladies look damn so much beautiful than these overseas one that look so much ulgy.

so fake hmm stop polluting the place, keep ur thougth in your head

u have princess diana  when she was alive flooding africa jungle like a bird, tonybair had his hand dirty

hey wake up

Everyone seems to be talking about Abuja, soon Nigerians will full up that place and make it another cesspool.
Re: Nigerian Kids Born In The U.s Going Back To Nigeria by lucabrasi(m): 5:33pm On Oct 18, 2008
first time i went to nigeria everybody started starring at me because they v not seen a black person from abroad before.
in fact when i opened my mouthto say hello ,they started worshiping me and carried me on their head
oh my GOD,when they saw my low cut and beard they thought i was indianand started following me
in fact that whole of lagos state and ait,nta e.t.c all did a life commentary on me because im from abroad
when i asked for water melon everybody in nigeria who v not heard the word before started crying
when i said hello how r you,they didint know the meaning of the word so they put an advert in daily times for a professor that can translate
#
ABEGGI JARE!!!!nigerians and forming onop absolutely nothing,they thought you were oyinbo untill you opened yur mouth because you r from abroad as if they v not seen a jand or yankee returnee before abi?story
they dont know what watermelon is because theres no educated person in the whole of nigeria??cmmon
they regularly see the latest hollywood movies in silverbird,yet they dont understand what you r saying ?hmmn
some people will even say the first time they got to nigeria omo the whole of nigeria was worshipping them
as if there are no expats in nigeria,go to porthacourt and you will see enough half caste who looks frsher than you!!!
nigerians and forming,wonder when we will start to appreciate our own country over united tates or united kingdom
thank GOD we have been to these places or some ppl will come here and start telling us cars fly in america or they all have a private jet
@ikeyman
omo iagree with you 10000%
i thot i was the only one o,thats why foreigners prefer going to south africa with all the crime because nigerians will rather big up america and uk than their own country,imagine someone saying that he/she said watermelon and nigerians didnt understand,or that untill they opened their mouth they though she/he was, what?ophrah winfrey?or denzel?nonsence
bono of u2 came to nigeria and he mixed with almajiris in the north and the ghetto and everything,you dont see him doing fake ass fronting
wyclef came to lagos and he ixedwith area boys in oshodi and old the bodyguards to leave them be
same thing with akon who told the guards to remove the barriers for people to come near him
talib kweli rode on okadas,went to femi shrine,ghettos
stevie wonder often visits fela shrine as far back as the 1970s
same as the great paul macartney
yet some people here will have us believe they are the firstset to step on the shores of naija, sorri o AFRICAN OYINBOS
Re: Nigerian Kids Born In The U.s Going Back To Nigeria by JJYOU: 5:40pm On Oct 18, 2008
stay put where you are
Re: Nigerian Kids Born In The U.s Going Back To Nigeria by TOYOSI20(f): 8:41pm On Oct 18, 2008
plus_Queen:

Well when we run out of options we have to resort to threats. grin
Tell them you'll send them to Somalia cool
Threaten them with strangulation sef. wink
These kids can get on one's last nerve grin tongue

Lol. . . . . . very true. . . . .
Re: Nigerian Kids Born In The U.s Going Back To Nigeria by qymekkam(m): 7:36pm On Jun 29, 2009
im a nigerian kid going back to nigeria in 2 months cry . one thing that is still new to nigeria is braces the last time i went everyone kept asking me what was in my mouth. people kept thinking i was trying to act like a gangster. lots of older people told me to take it off because it was rude. i tried to tell them what it was for but they didnt understand how braces would strighten out teeth. after i got got tired of pople asking i simply said it was surgery for my teeth it keeps my teeth from falling out. they gladly excepted that story and most of them felt sorry for me.
Re: Nigerian Kids Born In The U.s Going Back To Nigeria by qymekkam(m): 7:46pm On Jun 29, 2009
i have a American accent but im able to do a nigerian one to. in nigeria i always try to use my nigerian accent to avoid people asking me what did i say. heres a story that hapenen to me many times in nigeria in many different versions. someone would start talking to me and i would use my amrican accent. than most of the time they ask me a question that takes a essay long answer. by the time im done talking. in igbo they say to there nearby friend "what did he say". and his friend would say "a ma rum" i would get so mad. i said i understand igbo i just dont speak it i know you didnt know what i was saying. if you didnt know why didnt you stop me from talking nonstop for 5 minutes. i just wasted 5 minutes talking to someone who couldnt even say i dont undertand you .
Re: Nigerian Kids Born In The U.s Going Back To Nigeria by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 29, 2009
American accent vs Nigerian accent undecided, Some  Nigerians are way to screwed up-----------> Speak English and stop deceiving yourself!

qymekkam:

im a nigerian kid going back to nigeria in 2 months  cry . one thing that is still new to nigeria is braces the last time i went everyone kept asking me what was in my mouth. people kept thinking i was trying to act like a gangster. lots of older people told me to take it off because it was rude. i tried to tell them what it was for but they didnt understand how braces would strighten out teeth. after i got got tired of pople asking i simply said it was surgery for my teeth it keeps my teeth from falling out. they gladly excepted that story and most of them felt sorry for me.

Braces aren't common in Naija, but unless ur going to your village, people do know what they are and there function. Don't let those who are ignorant make you feel uncomfortable because most Nigerians don't have/need/ see a reason to straighten their teeth.
Re: Nigerian Kids Born In The U.s Going Back To Nigeria by Outstrip(f): 8:09pm On Jun 29, 2009
Braces are new to Nigeria ?? Are you serious. My friends wore braces even in primary school so we are talking late 80's.
Re: Nigerian Kids Born In The U.s Going Back To Nigeria by qymekkam(m): 9:19pm On Jun 29, 2009
ok if not new definetly not common, even in the major cities. and yes i was in the village when this was being asked. i also went to Jos Abuja and lagos. i didnt really hav a problem there. there were more people asking in onitsha and awka. but it wasnt to bad
Re: Nigerian Kids Born In The U.s Going Back To Nigeria by Litmus: 1:03am On Jul 01, 2009
Nigerians tend to regard Nigerian kids from abroad as foolish looking and behaving. They, back home, have all sorts of names for them, ranging from Junky, Deported to Ajebutter.
Re: Nigerian Kids Born In The U.s Going Back To Nigeria by qymekkam(m): 2:59am On Jul 01, 2009
American accent vs Nigerian accent , Some Nigerians are way to screwed up-----------> Speak English and stop deceiving yourself!

since when were nigerian accents and american accents no longer english
Re: Nigerian Kids Born In The U.s Going Back To Nigeria by Liedetect: 10:50am On Jul 01, 2009
Truth to be told, the reason why Nigerians cannot understand them it’s because the children from Britain and America do not speak proper English.

It’s a shame having to listen to most black children born in Britain many of them speak as if they are choking on chemicalise Kentucky fried chicken, tend not to pronounce words properly and buy into speaking with a cockney accent (Britain lower class dialect) The ones from America all speak with Ghetto slang.
Re: Nigerian Kids Born In The U.s Going Back To Nigeria by Liedetect: 11:13am On Jul 01, 2009
Truth to be told, the reason why Nigerians cannot understand them it’s because the children from Britain and America do not speak proper English.

It’s a shame having to listen to most black children born in Britain many of them speak as if they are choking on chemicalise Kentucky fried chicken, tend not to pronounce words properly and buy into speaking with a cockney accent (Britain lower class dialect) The ones from America all speak with Ghetto slang.

These are the children of people who are pushed into high rise buildings when they arrive in the west. They don’t realise that they are being duped by the council and think they are living the life of luxury trapped in such buildings indigenes reject.

Primitive people.
Re: Nigerian Kids Born In The U.s Going Back To Nigeria by origina9ja(f): 11:30am On Jul 01, 2009
Liedetect:

These are the children of people who are pushed into high rise buildings when they arrive in the west. They don’t realise that they are being duped by the council and think they are living the life of luxury trapped in such buildings indigenes reject.

Primitive people.

so what do they speak then
i dont seems to get your point woman
Re: Nigerian Kids Born In The U.s Going Back To Nigeria by Liedetect: 12:54pm On Jul 01, 2009
What don’t you understand woman? From my observation most overseas born Nigerians seem to think it is the height of Britishness to speak in colloquial. So when they go to Nigeria and say things like this: “waaaaa”, “init”, “gaaain” and “sainc” it’s no wonder Nigerians don’t understand.

Translation

Waaaaa = Water
Init = isn’t it
Gaaaain= going
Saaainc = something

If they learn to use Standard English Nigerians back home will have no problem understanding what they say.
Re: Nigerian Kids Born In The U.s Going Back To Nigeria by Outstrip(f): 4:18pm On Jul 01, 2009
And how many of them have you spoken to that you came to this conclusion
Re: Nigerian Kids Born In The U.s Going Back To Nigeria by qymekkam(m): 9:07pm On Jul 01, 2009
i was born in america and have never said waaaa, or sainc, or init. i didnt even understand what you said at first. i use the word gain but not in your defintion.
Re: Nigerian Kids Born In The U.s Going Back To Nigeria by Outstrip(f): 2:43pm On Jul 02, 2009
Tell him abeg. I have not heard any Nigerians talk that way unless of course the clowns in nigerian movies but then again there is always an exception to the rule and maybe all those exceptions tend to run into liedetect
Re: Nigerian Kids Born In The U.s Going Back To Nigeria by LamidiObi: 10:18pm On Jul 02, 2009
nigerian from america are the brokest pple i ever see. lack of manner and poor english go follow them come and they are too fat. we no want u here.
Re: Nigerian Kids Born In The U.s Going Back To Nigeria by Outstrip(f): 10:27pm On Jul 02, 2009
And you cannot even spell. Please stop. You sound so bitter.
Re: Nigerian Kids Born In The U.s Going Back To Nigeria by LamidiObi: 11:33pm On Jul 02, 2009
you fit spell. you sound like you want some man to hammer you 3 rounds. Call my secretary and book appintment for one nghyt stand.are you fat ass like your fellow american
Re: Nigerian Kids Born In The U.s Going Back To Nigeria by LamidiObi: 11:35pm On Jul 02, 2009
i see your picture and your boobs be like something we water water full. stop showing the public that substandard boob or go for plastic surgery. i like juisy ones.
Re: Nigerian Kids Born In The U.s Going Back To Nigeria by oyinda3(f): 11:45pm On Jul 02, 2009
some relatives came to visit us frok uk when we were in naija. lol it was very funny their accents, manner etc u shld see them at night when we heard armed robber's gunshots. hahah u wld think they were abt to pee in their pants
Re: Nigerian Kids Born In The U.s Going Back To Nigeria by Outstrip(f): 12:22am On Jul 03, 2009
LamidiObi:

i see your picture and your boobs be like something we water water full. stop showing the public that substandard boob or go for plastic surgery. i like juisy ones.

Who really cares what you like. Look at this laborer sounding goat. As long as my husband is not complaining get your mother fucking eyes off my boobs. Asswipe.
Re: Nigerian Kids Born In The U.s Going Back To Nigeria by Uche2nna(m): 12:23am On Jul 03, 2009
Outstrip:

Who really cares what you like. Look at this laborer sounding goat. As long as my husband is not complaining get your mother fucking eyes off my boobs. Asswipe.

LOL grin
Re: Nigerian Kids Born In The U.s Going Back To Nigeria by oyinda3(f): 12:26am On Jul 03, 2009
outstrip, why u sef put ur chest out there for us to see? considering ur married
everything about u look conservative except for the cleavage. it seems soo awkward and out of place in the pic. pls change it sad
Re: Nigerian Kids Born In The U.s Going Back To Nigeria by Uche2nna(m): 12:28am On Jul 03, 2009
Oh , is there a pic ,,,,,,,, running to go see pic
Re: Nigerian Kids Born In The U.s Going Back To Nigeria by Outstrip(f): 12:32am On Jul 03, 2009
You do not have to look at it. I happen to like the picture. I see nothing wrong with the pic. My suggestion to those of you it bothers is that you look else where. I am very happy with it.
Re: Nigerian Kids Born In The U.s Going Back To Nigeria by Uche2nna(m): 12:34am On Jul 03, 2009
Nice pic cheesy
Re: Nigerian Kids Born In The U.s Going Back To Nigeria by oyinda3(f): 12:35am On Jul 03, 2009
yes ma, if that's how u like it/want it   tongue tongue cheesy
Re: Nigerian Kids Born In The U.s Going Back To Nigeria by chiogo(f): 12:46am On Jul 03, 2009
Hmmm

@topic, yes the accent of Nigerian-Americans are different from that of Nigerians living in Nigeria. But claiming that Nigerian-Americans are dumb, speak incorrect english bla bla bla is totally false. The whole innit/waaa thingy is definitely a british thing. I started seeing people use "innit" since I registered on this site, Americans don't even know what those are. Of course Americans have their own slangs and not all of them use these slangs on a daily basis or during formal situations just like many educated naija people speak pidgin also but wouldn't speak it during a job interview.

I've never had an experience whereby a Nigerian doesn't understand me. Well, I'll have to go back to naija to find out. They probably will understand me - I know how to switch the accents, I'm that good! wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Interesting Facts You May Not Know About Abeokuta and egba / Fashola Unveils The Logo Of Lagos Carnival 2010. / Hierarchy Of Needs And Values - Cultural Perspective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.