Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,429 members, 7,808,530 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

What Is A Domiciliary Account? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is A Domiciliary Account? (91665 Views)

How To Get Dollar Into Your Domiciliary Account / Which Bank Has The Best Domiciliary Account Services? / How To Open A Domiciliary Account In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by sarmolie: 7:40pm On Dec 14, 2011
Nice infos here! but pls, what best ways can i transfer funds from my domiciliary account to a foreign account in dollars? i bank with GTB! also, how can i withdraw funds from my betonmarkets accounts into my domiciliary account? Many thanks! smiley
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by shexyvin(m): 5:07pm On Jan 30, 2012
please i need this answer urgently, can i also use my dom account to receive money from someone abroad? i operate with GTB.

MY second inquiry goes thus, can anyone in nairaland help me with a quick way to open any online account that i can use to receive cash from abroad for sales of product. any one who can help me, please do that quick cos i'm also ready to compensate such a person
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by DonADESIDA(m): 6:05pm On Jan 31, 2012
shexyvin:

please i need this answer urgently, can i also use my dom account to receive money from someone abroad? i operate with GTB.

MY second inquiry goes thus, can anyone in nairaland help me with a quick way to open any online account that i can use to receive cash from abroad for sales of product. any one who can help me, please do that quick cos i'm also ready to compensate such a person

You can use your account to receive cash from anywhere in the world.
Concerning your second question,I recommend this three(3) accounts viz 1.Liberty Reserve 2.AlertPay and 3.PayPal

You can open LR and AP by yourself as they support Nigeria Ip address
PayPal is the best and I can help you to a verified Usa one that cannot be limited with all you need to run it successful while in Nigeria.
Thanks and to your success.I'm Presegs Adesida
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by frankyj(m): 8:25am On Feb 01, 2012
Guys hv u heard of d access current account dat does not charge COT. The account is called access premier. The account earns interest and charges zero COT. Dis account saves u lots of moni as banks charge N5per mille for COT. To enjoy dis benefit u just nid a minimum of N100,000.
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by nileshnj: 10:23pm On May 04, 2012
HI,

I'm looking to opening of account in Nigeria for my salary which would be credited in dollars. There are two options, 1. I get my salary credited directly in my Indian account & withdraw the required Naira's from the ATM which would be very expensive and 2. Open a domiciliary account.

1. I wanted to know what is a domiciliary account?
2. If my salary is credited in $ account, what will be the transaction charges I would have to pay if I convert the dollars in naira's
3. which is the best method of converting the dollar salary into other currency like naira or indian rupees.
4. what would be the transaction charges if I convert dollars into naira &
5. what would be the transaction charges if I send money to India?
6. which is the cheapest and most secure way to transfer money to India.

Suggestions appreciated and thanking in advance for your inputs.

1 Like

Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by scoppe315: 6:34am On Oct 30, 2012
What does a friend of mine in Nigeria need to do to make a money transfer from her bank account to my bank account in the united states? Does she need a current or savings domiciliary account?
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by dejiswaggs(m): 8:22am On Oct 30, 2012
please tell me how to open a domiciliary account in Nigeria.
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by justi4jesu(f): 2:34pm On Feb 15, 2013
Please how long does it take to receive dollars that was wired into my FIRST BANK DOM A/C,d money was wired from a german bank since on wednesday and am yet to receive it? And some people said it can sometimes take a week to receive it. Please who can help with some explanations on first Bank and their Swift Code.
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by jascon1(m): 7:48pm On Feb 22, 2013
Can I make withdrawal abroad on my dormicilliary account?
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by kuzcobi: 5:39am On Apr 14, 2013
Hi, people. pls, I have a dollar dom account but can I cash my pounds check through this account or do I have to use another account in pounds? thanks.
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by justi4jesu(f): 9:46am On Apr 14, 2013
kuzcobi: Hi, people. pls, I have a dollar dom account but can I cash my pounds check through this account or do I have to use another account in pounds? thanks.
You need to open a pounds dom account,even if you have a dollar ac/c already. that was what I was told at First bank.
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by kuzcobi: 2:39pm On Apr 16, 2013
Ok. Thanks, dude. I'll try n find out from GTB.
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by Optimisticgondy(m): 12:26pm On Sep 07, 2013
Can one withdraw the 100 dollars after the account has been opened?
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by arbitrage: 1:18pm On Sep 07, 2013
dejiswaggs: please tell me how to open a domiciliary account in Nigeria.

By going into a bank to requst such account opening. They will give you forms to fill and reference forms to complete. Same KYC documents requirements like current account plus your minimum opening balance of usual $100 or in pounds or euro or thereabout.
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by arbitrage: 1:19pm On Sep 07, 2013
justi4jesu: Please how long does it take to receive dollars that was wired into my FIRST BANK DOM A/C,d money was wired from a german bank since on wednesday and am yet to receive it? And some people said it can sometimes take a week to receive it. Please who can help with some explanations on first Bank and their Swift Code.

Usually lasts from 3 to a week working days. I guess you must have received your fund since that time but holiday could extend your working days some times. You must have given your swift or sort code to the originating bank before they sent the wire transfer to you. Didn't you? Anyway you can get the swift code from First Bank itself and it's usually 9 digits alphabets like FBNINGLA or so just like GTBINGLA for GTBank.
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by arbitrage: 1:25pm On Sep 07, 2013
jascon1: Can I make withdrawal abroad on my dormicilliary account?

You cannot except your bank issues you a card that is linked to your dorm account, which you can then use over there to spend from your dorm account. Alternatively, you will need to initiate an online transfer (e.g GTBank internet FX transfer) over there to another account/recipient where you are and so you can have your dorm fund here wired to you over there for you to receive and spend.

1 Like

Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by arbitrage: 1:33pm On Sep 07, 2013
kuzcobi: Hi, people. pls, I have a dollar dom account but can I cash my pounds check through this account or do I have to use another account in pounds? thanks.

Ordinarily, you should be able to receive from a pound sterling wire transfer into your dorm account as your receiving bank here will automatically convert it at their own rate to dollar in your account but I am not too sure of the cheque option. I received wire transfer in pounds from the UK into my dollar dorm last year but the clearing of my issued dollar cheque was into another foreign currency handled by another bank outside Nigeria. I expect anyway that a bank should be able to clear the pounds sterling check and credit your dorm account with dollar at their own conversion rate. By the way, you can find out from your bank.
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by arbitrage: 1:41pm On Sep 07, 2013
Optimisticgondy: Can one withdraw the 100 dollars after the account has been opened?

Yes and no. I guess you are asking of possibility of withdrawing the initial minimum opening $100 dollar from dormiciliary account. Right? Yes, you can withdraw your money after fulfilling the minimum requirement to open as long as the bank did not tell you there is a minimum operating balance. No, you will not be able to withdraw the $100 minimum from your dorm account because most of the banks will charge 1% of any amount you are withdrawing over the counter from your dorm account. So, if you take the 1% of your minimum opening balance of $100, that will mean you can only withdraw around $99 from the account when withdrawing the cash over the counter. Though someone told me of recent that he was not charged by GTBank when he did a withdrawal over the counter. Alternatively, if you withdraw by requesting bank to bank fund transfer or wire transfer kind of withdrawal, the charges will be more especially with GTBank, which is higher than some others I have used.
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by Optimisticgondy(m): 2:26pm On Sep 13, 2013
@Arbitrage. Can you please give me a list of banks you can recommend for the account? I'm planning to open at Enterprise Bank. My surname was awrongfully written on the cheque as Ognudele instead of Ogundele; won't this affect the payment?
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by swaggzo(m): 6:31pm On Apr 02, 2015
Princesege:
Conditions for domiciliary account are:
You must have:
1. A current account with the bank;
2. operated the account for 6 months
3.at least $50 or more as minimum deposit(it depends on the bank, GTB is $50-$150) pls confirm from GTB
That is all. It is very simple.

Other banks have different rules, but I opened my domi account for £50 at GTB.
And make sure you tick all the major currency. ie £, $ etc when you open your account.
All the best.

Hello all. Is this thread still functioning?

I wanna know if it's possible to pay in foreign currency directly into a first bank account in any of the first bank branches near me, without converting it first.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 08, 2015
swaggzo:

Hello all. Is this thread still functioning?

I wanna know if it's possible to pay in foreign currency directly into a first bank account in any of the first bank branches near me, without converting it first.

Dorm acct is officially dead in Nigeria.
Re: What Is A Domiciliary Account? by harrison12(m): 2:21pm On Aug 03, 2016
Everbright:
You must not have a current account to be able to operate a dom account.
Just walk into any bank,obtain a dom account opening package,fill it with two passport photos,you international passport/drivers licence,two references from people that run current accounts either in that bank or in any other bank.If it's a dollar account you make an initial deposit of $100,also if it's a pound account you make an initial deposit of #100.
Try Fidelity bank,they are good in it,especially with BTA and PTA.
Cheers
Do u trust fidelity on that cuz i want to open dorm acct with them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shipping From China To Nigeria / How To Make Money Online Legitimately Here In Nigeria / Herbert Wigwe Surviving Children Show Strength At Funeral For Parents (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.