Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,974 members, 7,806,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

Intercontinental Bank: Happy Bank, Angry Customer - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Intercontinental Bank: Happy Bank, Angry Customer (3204 Views)

Access Bank To Pay N53.47 Billion For 75% Of Intercontinental Bank / Intercontinental Bank And Access Bank Merge? / Extortion By Intercontinental Bank PLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intercontinental Bank: Happy Bank, Angry Customer by Elmos: 10:45am On Jun 16, 2011
A few weeks ago I came back from United States, and as expected, I was at Intercontinental Bank to update my information as instructed by the Central Bank of Nigeria since I was away when the directive was issued.At the same time, I requested for a new ATM card and signing all the paper work as demanded by the bank official, I was told to wait for my card in about two weeks from the date I made the request. Three weeks after the paper work, I returned to the branch where the new card was made, to my amazement there was nothing on their record to show that I made such request, on treating that I was going to closed the account, the officers implored me to give them one week and the card would be available, and as promised, the card was ready for pick-up, and right within the vicinity of the bank I changed the pin number that came with the card.On Monday being June 13th 2011, I traveled to my home town, and there was an urgent need for me to remit some amount to someone who was taking up an assignment on my behalf in Lagos and the account that came to mind was that of Intercontinental Bank, I tried logging into the E-banking portal of intercontinental bank, but the response I got was that my account was locked, I contacted the live chat person on the bank website, who after getting all the information from me, directed me to sent an e-mail to an email address, an instruction which I did, and when response fail to come from the email address I sent to, I left for the bank Branch located in the city, I made inquires if I could conduct the transfer the fund I needed to transferred, I was told it would take more than twenty-four hours for the recipient to have the fund since his own account was domicile in another bank, I therefore opted to made some cash withdrawal making use of the ATM card earlier issued for me, but the response from the ATM was that my transaction was unauthorized, I quickly returned into the banking hall and layed my complain to the customer service officer who promptly asked for my bank account details and the card details of which I supplied, after a while, I was instructed to go and used the card that it had been corrected, I did as I was instructed but the response was the same, I repeated the same thing for about five times, and each time the result was the same, unauthorized transaction, meanwhile my agent was consistently calling me for the cash I ought to remitted to him, eventually I made-up my mind to closed my account with the bank, since all seem so bad to get money in ones account. I was told I could not closed the account since the branch I was then was not my branch, I then requested for a cashier teller to take out the money in the account and leave behind the minimum amount possible. I remitted a part of the money to a friend who maintain an account with the bank but in Lagos who could help hand over the cash to the agent in Lagos and the balance of Five Hundred and Seventy-Nine Thousand Naira was paid to me over the counter. A bundle of one Thousand Naira notes supposedly Five Hundred Thousand with strap tightly worn around it, and a packet of Five Hundred Notes amounting to Fifty Thousand Naira and another Fifty-Eight pieces of Five Hundred Naira notes were given to me by the teller. The Five Hundred Naira notes where counted by the Teller while the One Thousand Naira Notes where never counted nor removed from the tighten straps worn around it, the paying teller helped me packed the the One Thousand Naira bundle and the Five Hundred Packet in a plastic bag and the fifty-Eight pieces of Five Hundred Naira was handed over to me. I put the unbagged five hundred Naira notes in my trousers pocket while the bagged one where kept in my car, since there was no need for the withdraw, I kept it in the car without the knowledge of any one and today on my way to Ikare Akoko for an important business meeting, I stopped at GTBank Akure, filled a deposit slip for the sum of Five Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira, in my presence and witness by my brother and another bank teller, the GTBank staff cut of the strap on the bonded one thousand bundle and removed the wrapper on the first packet and placed them on the counting machine, the counting was short of ELEVEN PIECES and three others where equally short all amounting to TWENTY THOUSAND NAIRA, I quickly packed the whole stuff, including the wrapers, stripes, and even the plastic bag and turned back to Ondo town where the money was paid, after telling the officers my experience at the point of lodgement at the GB Bank in Akure, they insisted that there was nothing they would do about the case, I felt bad for I hate cheating, I will not do it and would not allowed my to be taking for any reason. After I had waited for over two hours and there was nothing they were ready to do to reinburse my shortage, I left the office with the whole Five Hundred and Thirty Thousand Niara left in on the BM table. I have given the best opportunity for the bank to correct their ineffectiveness and short comings, I am now ready to go the whole length and see that they pay for their misdoings. A word is enough for the wise, when I fight I fight with everything. INTERCONTINENTAL BANK BE READY FOR THE FIGHT OF A STRUGGLING CITIZEN WHO HAS NEVER SWINDLE ANYONE AND WOULD NOT ALLOWED ANYONE OR BODY TO ROBBED HIM OF HIS HARD EARN INCOME.
Re: Intercontinental Bank: Happy Bank, Angry Customer by Seun(m): 10:48am On Jun 16, 2011
Sorry about this experience. Can you please break your post into paragraphs? Thanks.
Re: Intercontinental Bank: Happy Bank, Angry Customer by hallmark77: 11:28am On Jun 16, 2011
Intercontinental Bank has some sluggish workers but if you live in abroad and you have online access to a domicilliary account then you can coordinate transfer easily but you will need to demand for a relatiosnhip manager that you can forward your enquiries to at all times.I am in Canada but I have made transfer from my Interconental Domicilliary account three occasions and the money was received in 5days.So far that bank is not perfect but its good for someone that is not living in Nigeria but write to the customer service again and explain your frustrations,they will forward it to your branch and the branch manager will contact you directly.Just from my own personal experience with them when my previous account office was slow in carrying out my instruction.
Re: Intercontinental Bank: Happy Bank, Angry Customer by suke50(m): 11:50am On Jun 19, 2011
Is it for real
Re: Intercontinental Bank: Happy Bank, Angry Customer by fm7070: 6:46pm On Jun 21, 2011
Your experience about money shortage is not perculiar to Intercontinental bank. It can happen in any bank in Nigeria.
Also, all the banks in Nigeria (Except GT Bank and Zenith Bank) have bad network infrastructure. Their network is not reliable. If you need REAL ONLINE BANKIN = GT BANK
Re: Intercontinental Bank: Happy Bank, Angry Customer by page9(m): 6:40pm On Jun 22, 2011
Sorry about this ugly experience.it is always to insist on counting every pack given to you over the counter. Secondly,if you are unable to resolve the issue with the bank you can file ur complaint to CBN.check their website for details
Re: Intercontinental Bank: Happy Bank, Angry Customer by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 30, 2011
I cant even read your story.
Re: Intercontinental Bank: Happy Bank, Angry Customer by jorghor(m): 3:28pm On Jun 30, 2011
Why do people always assume GTB has the best online service?
Where are they whenever banks are being rated for online services?
I use both GTB and Intercontinental, online yes, thumbs up.
When it comes to going into the banking hall or gettin customer service attention, u might need to sell ur soul to the devil for that privilege.
I found it difficult getting my debit card from GTB 3times. Got fed up and gave up. Intercontinental was 3weeks.ws told it took that long cos it originates from the head office.the queues in GTB nowadays reminds one of the 1st bank of the 90's.
All Nigerian banks have their lapses, most annoying is the branch employees.they make what would have been seamless transaction remind u of the days of tally no.
@poster, try and know ur account officer and breath down his neck! Kinda miss them Erastus Akingbola days, na text or mail to him office if the stafff mess up(especially ordinary card issue).
Re: Intercontinental Bank: Happy Bank, Angry Customer by Digriz(m): 10:41pm On Jul 03, 2011
@poster sorry 4 your problem bt as regards intercontinental bank,i wl try and close my accts wt them. I operate both GTB and Zenith and i prefer both to d former.
My problem wt them is that weneva i made a withdrawal wt them,i wl get a debit alert within 30mins bt wenever there is a deposit,they wl never send an alert.
I hav discuse that issue wt their customer care and i got a credit alert once and it never comes again.
Am more concern wt it coz i use it as my business transaction acct and u knw the inconvenience of going to d bank evryting a payment is made. The other two are my savings acct and i dnt wanna use them for biz transaction.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Atleast 3k Per Day / Bread Wrapper/nylon / Do You Need Loan For Your Business? Read Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.