Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,384 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! (15994 Views)

Inter-tribal Dating Good Or Bad?? / Fulani Chief Calls For Inter-tribal Marriages Among NYSC Members / Wow,such A Cute Yoruba And Igbo Inter-tribal Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by Mcleo007(m): 10:56am On Jun 16, 2011
This topic refers.

I'm a yoruba guy who grew up partly in d west and south-south. Had my university educ in the east. I must confess there's this seeming trend between the yoruba's and ïgbo's as regards inter-dating. Its very common dis days than it has ever been. Iv met quite a number of yorrba guys who are dating igbo chicks and seriously wnt to tie the knot with them. On the same hand is such a large no of igbo females who prefer dating yoruba men than their tribe's men.
This thread is not geared at rearing any tribal war of words nor attrition. The relationship as observed is a very good one. I, myself have  dated more igbo ladies than I have of the yoruba folks. For those who fall within this bracket, let's keep it up. Nothing compares to it. And for those who don't subscribe to it, pls dnt hate or condemn us. Its our choice, and its good not only for the unity of this nation, but to the edification of the human race.

Let's have your say on dis.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by BABE3: 11:10am On Jun 16, 2011
I know right!!!!! I so concur with you!! I've never had a Yoruba boyfriend (i'm Yoruba)--they've all been Igbo-- cheesy 

UGOs, UCHEs and OBINNAs all the way! Pretty boys with their big Ogos
grin
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by Mcleo007(m): 11:28am On Jun 16, 2011
Nice one sis, wink
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by chibaby5(f): 11:33am On Jun 16, 2011
Yes itz a beautiful thing. At the end of da day itz one country. I dnt even undastand the whole segregation.
If yoruba and hausa cnt date, what will then be sed of a yoruba dating anoda race completely different from his/herz undecided

Nwayz for me I'm more with yoruba guyz than igboz.  
Igbo guyz are too Poud in general= one thing i dnt lyk abwt em

1 Like

Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by Mcleo007(m): 11:42am On Jun 16, 2011
chi-baby:

Yes itz a beautiful thing. At the end of da day itz one country. I dnt even undastand the whole segregation.
If yoruba and hausa cnt date, what will then be sed of a yoruba dating anoda race completely different from his/herz undecided

Nwayz for me I'm more with yoruba guyz than igboz.  
Igbo guyz are too Poud in general= one thing i dnt lyk abwt em

Igbo guys are proud? Why u gurls always say that, I mean igbo ladies? Anyway, I think its common fact yoruba guys are more caring when it comes to making a woman feel so good about herself, which I suppose is the most important and not material things. wink
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by BABE3: 11:47am On Jun 16, 2011
Mcleo007:

Igbo guys are proud? Why u gurls always say that, I mean igbo ladies? Anyway, I think its common fact yoruba guys are more caring when it comes to making a woman feel so good about herself, which I suppose is the most important and not material things. wink

Is a lie! Who commonized that fact?! Prove it!! angry
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by chibaby5(f): 11:54am On Jun 16, 2011
Mcleo007:

They are just proud. They are so into this 'A man cnt do ds' and 'I'm a man tlk'.
They dnt lyk to adjust.
It doesnt me they not caring. They are just hard headed because of their proud nature
But yes I do agree yoruba guyz are caring. Well atleast da 1z I knw smiley
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by kpolli(m): 1:30pm On Jun 16, 2011
i wish yoruba mothers cud read this
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by emofine(f): 1:48pm On Jun 16, 2011
Mcleo007:
I, myself have  dated more igbo ladies than I have of the yoruba folks. For those who fall within this bracket, let's keep it up. Nothing compares to it.

@ OP clap for yourself. It's as if you're asking for an award for having dated women outside your ethnicity. Is it necessary to keep scores?

At the end of the day when any two people in Nigeria marry each other out of love and bear children that do not become groomed in ethnic bigotry or stereotypes that is "A Good Sign for Naija's Future".
The sole answer is not by having mongrels that have ingredients from various ethnic groups in the country but for people not to adhere to tribalism or stereotypes. It is possible to hail from a sole ethnic group without harboring malice for neighboring ethnics and that still brings "edification of the human race"
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by wieziana(m): 2:39pm On Jun 16, 2011
am also a very typical example of an inter-tribal relastionship. am igbo while she's yuroba, i have introd
uced her to my parents and my siblings and there all like her. i dont think there's anything wrong with having a relationship outside your tribe.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by Mcleo007(m): 4:46pm On Jun 16, 2011
emofine:

@ OP clap for yourself. It's as if you're asking for an award for having dated women outside your ethnicity. Is it necessary to keep scores?

At the end of the day when any two people in Nigeria marry each other out of love and bear children that do not become groomed in ethnic bigotry or stereotypes that is "A Good Sign for Naija's Future".
The sole answer is not by having mongrels that have ingredients from various ethnic groups in the country but for people not to adhere to tribalism or stereotypes. It is possible to hail from a sole ethnic group without harboring malice for neighboring ethnics and that still brings "edification of the human race"

Lol @award. That's not the reason I Started this thread. wink
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by MMM2(m): 4:47pm On Jun 16, 2011
op

but yoruba girls re alwayz stingy with dere Womanliness when it comes 2 igbo guyz

And

yoruba girls alwayz fear igbo guyz. angry
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by MrsChima(f): 5:13pm On Jun 16, 2011
M M M:

op

but Yoruba girls re always stingy with dere Womanliness when it comes 2 igbo guyz

And

Yoruba girls always fear igbo Guy. angry

Why would they be afraid of Igbo guys? undecided undecided undecided undecided
emofine:

Did you just say marrying outside his ethnicity? WTF? Yoruba and Igbo is AN ETHNICITY? When have a tribe every became an ethnicity?
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by Princek12(m): 5:16pm On Jun 16, 2011
M M M:

op

but yoruba girls re alwayz stingy with dere Womanliness when it comes 2 igbo guyz

And

yoruba girls alwayz fear igbo guyz. angry

Yoruba girls are always stingy with their punny not only to Ibo guys but also to Yoruba guys. In my opinion, I think there are more pretty Ibo girls than Yoruba girls. Yoruba girls are usually ugly with shapeless bodies. I prefer Ibo girls, although I will bang a Yoruba chick who is pretty and has a shapely, proportioned body, even though they are hard to come by.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by MrsChima(f): 5:17pm On Jun 16, 2011
BABE!:

I know right!!!!! I so concur with you!! I've never had a Yoruba boyfriend (i'm Yoruba)--they've all been Igbo-- cheesy 

UGOs, UCHEs and OBINNAs all the way! Pretty boys with their big Ogos
grin

Babe! Did you just say OGO? Fainted. So every IGBO guy you met has that uhmm lipsrsealed?
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by emofine(f): 5:26pm On Jun 16, 2011
Mcleo007:

Lol @award. That's not the reason I Started this thread. wink

cool carry go cool

Mrs.Chima:
Did you just say marrying outside his ethnicity?  WTF?  Yoruba and Igbo is AN ETHNICITY?  When have a tribe every became an ethnicity?  

I am a little careful with the words I use nowadays. Not too long ago in one of my conversations I inserted the word "tribe". It served to anger my recipient who berated me for using such language and then proceeded to give me a whole long lecture about how the UK (for example) which consists of English, Welsh, Irish etc are not referred to as mere "tribes". I resigned myself from that day on from employing that term hence I just use "ethnicity" in my attempt to be PC and so that I can avoid such a scenario from ever occurring again. However I did use to believe that "ethnicity" and "tribe" were both interchangeable - I guess I was wrong then.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by BABE3: 5:28pm On Jun 16, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Babe! Did you just say OGO? Fainted. So every IGBO guy you met has that uhmm lipsrsealed?

LOL--- Wake up abeg. Nah---not all--- a good number of them though---- smiley
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by MrsChima(f): 5:31pm On Jun 16, 2011
emofine:

I am a little careful with the words I use nowadays. Not too long ago in one of my conversations I inserted the word "tribe". It served to anger my recipient who berated me for using such language and then proceeded to give me a whole long lecture about how the UK (for example) which consists of English, Welsh, Irish etc are not referred to as mere "tribes". I resigned myself from that day on from employing that term hence I just use "ethnicity" in my attempt to be PC and so that I can avoid such a scenario from ever occurring again. However I did use to believe that "ethnicity" and "tribe" were both interchangeable - I guess I was wrong then.

There are only three anthropology classification that refers to ethnicity that are Caucasian, negroid, and Mongoloid.   I know several Yorubas and Igbos they are in the negroid classification so when you said marry outside of the ethnicity I was like when is marrying someone of the same classification is marrying outside of their ethnicity?  

Anyway, It either there or here.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by MrsChima(f): 5:33pm On Jun 16, 2011
BABE!:

LOL--- Wake up abeg. Nah---not all--- a good number of them though---- smiley

(looks at Mr. Chima and smiling while winking one eye at Babe) wink
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 16, 2011
Oh yesss we ROCK. We got C-Note Big One, got swag plus we always look fly baby. cheesy smiley Who wanna hate?
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by BABE3: 5:44pm On Jun 16, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

(looks at Mr. Chima and smiling while winking one eye at Babe) wink

See?! cheesy wink
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by MrCork17: 5:44pm On Jun 16, 2011
Well I like IBO women. They usually muscular, hairy and always  have mustache plus beard (no oofeinse) wink
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 16, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Well I like IBO women. They usually muscular, hairy and always  have mustache plus beard (no oofeinse) wink

Anuofia, this is how you pay them back after taking your brook ass outta the shelter abi?
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by MMM2(m): 6:03pm On Jun 16, 2011
mrs.chima ask dem or ask ur self, re u not a yoruba women again.

But dere major fear which dey told me is dat igbo guyz use dere follow human being 4 money ritual while yourba people use ants, fly, butterfly and mosquito etc 4 rituals. undecided
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by MrsChima(f): 6:14pm On Jun 16, 2011
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by MMM2(m): 6:27pm On Jun 16, 2011
princek12

yoruba babes re alwayz cheap when dey c dere follow yoruba brothers even when d yoruba guy is poor.

Maybe it is inferiority complex.

but 2 me dey re alwayz dirty,
dere soup is alwayz oil dey dont know how 2 cook.

And

finally when ever dey eat a guyz money once dey will run feel dey ate ur money or u will have sex with dem d next time (NO OFFENCE).

On like igbo babes dey re alwayz sexy and can cook very well.

And in terms of money igbo babe will eat ur money till she finish ur money and find anoda mugu.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by ektbear: 6:02am On Jun 17, 2011
Referring to Yoruba as a "tribe" sounds dumb. Probably 40 million of us in Nigeria. If we are a tribe, then so are the Irish, Scots, French, Germans, Italians etc.

Ethnic group is the correct term, I think.

1 Like

Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by Mcleo007(m): 6:55am On Jun 17, 2011
M M M:

princek12

yoruba babes re alwayz cheap when dey c dere follow yoruba brothers even when d yoruba guy is poor.

Maybe it is inferiority complex.

but 2 me dey re alwayz dirty,
dere soup is alwayz oil dey dont know how 2 cook.

And

finally when ever dey eat a guyz money once dey will run feel dey ate your money or u will have sex with dem d next time (NO OFFENCE).

On like igbo babes dey re alwayz sexy and can cook very well.

And in terms of money igbo babe will eat your money till she finish your money and find anoda mugu.

Your assertion is not right, bro.
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by MMM2(m): 8:20am On Jun 17, 2011
Mcleo007:

Your assertion is not right, bro.

ok angry
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by MrsChima(f): 1:52pm On Jun 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

Referring to Yoruba as a "tribe" sounds dumb. Probably 40 million of us in Nigeria. If we are a tribe, then so are the Irish, Scots, French, Germans, Italians etc.

Ethnic group is the correct term, I think.

Gotcha. (snickering)

"Hello, my ethnicity is German". grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by Dsense(m): 1:55pm On Jun 17, 2011
undecided undecided undecided undecided lipsrsealed

OP.

Ok we heard you!!! . . . . .Next~
Re: Inter-tribal Dating Between Yoruba And Igbo: A Good Sign for Naija's Future! by ektbear: 1:56pm On Jun 17, 2011
Eh, that would be fine. But for native English speakers, there is a more concise way to say the same thing:

"I'm German/Yoruba/Turkish/etc."

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Simphood Hall Of Shame. Update! / How To Make Forming Pretty Girls Crazily Fall In Love With You. / Meet The Ivorian Lady Whose Body Is Breaking Instagram(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.