Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,718 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

Abacha's Bad Telephone Habit Saved My Life – Diya - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abacha's Bad Telephone Habit Saved My Life – Diya (8262 Views)

Anybody Complaining About Buhari Is Wasting His Time – Diya Oladipo / Abacha Offers Oladipo Diya Handkerchief To Wipe Rivers Of Tears / Video of Gen. Diya Pleading For Abacha's Forgiveness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abacha's Bad Telephone Habit Saved My Life – Diya by billante(m): 2:11pm On Jun 16, 2011
Former Chief of General Staff, Oladipupo Diya, the second in command to the late dictator, Sani Abacha, disclosed on Wednesday that Abacha’s bad habit of not picking telephone calls saved him from being executed in 1998.

Diya made the disclosure in Ibadan at the launch of a book titled “City on the Hill,” a biography of Bishop Emmanuel Bolanle Gbonigi.

He said it was an irony that the bad habit of Abacha of not answering his telephone calls, which many people had complained about, actually saved him from the hangman’s noose.

He recalled that the prayers of Nigerians made Abacha to ignore several telephone calls made by a General Officer Commanding (GOC) who wanted to confirm the execution order.

After some junior officers had come with the execution order, Diya recounted, the GOC insisted that he would personally confirm it from Abacha before giving a “go ahead order.”

However, according to him, several telephone calls made to Aso Rock by the GOC for nearly six hours were not answered by either Abacha or his aides.

Then the GOC ordered that Diya and others to be executed should be returned to detention.

Speaking on the role played by Yoruba leaders during his ordeal at the hand of Abacha, Diya commended Gbonigi for being courageous to be the first person to tell Abacha not to execute him.

He said before the alleged coup plot, Abacha had hated hearing anything from Gbonigi as he regarded the clergyman as a “NADECO Bishop.”

http://www.independentngonline.com/DailyIndependent/Article.aspx?id=35623

See how this people are ordering and not ordering people execution as if they created those lives!! are they GOD?
Re: Abacha's Bad Telephone Habit Saved My Life – Diya by billante(m): 2:45pm On Jun 16, 2011
d irony is that na abacha come die first!!
Re: Abacha's Bad Telephone Habit Saved My Life – Diya by ypad: 11:11am On Jun 17, 2011
The ways of God is different from the ways of man.

1 Like

Re: Abacha's Bad Telephone Habit Saved My Life – Diya by rasputinn(m): 11:16am On Jun 17, 2011
Gbonigi
The one,the only

When he talks,y'all better listen

He's said his mind about the Tinubu ambition,only time will vindicate him;YET AGAIN
Re: Abacha's Bad Telephone Habit Saved My Life – Diya by T9ksy(m): 12:39pm On Jun 17, 2011
What a pity Abacha's bad telephone manner means we have to listen to this typical yoruba OMO ALE all over again. He's like a recurring nightmare that just refuses to go away.

This is one mofo i wish Abacha had snuffed the life out of so we won't have to be reminded of his atrocities whilst basking in the limelight with his oga dictator who was at the time pounding his fellow yorubas all over the country.

Re: Abacha's Bad Telephone Habit Saved My Life – Diya by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 17, 2011
Shutup there!
Shameless weeping general!
So u r still making public appearance??
You are truly shameless! useless man!
a total disgrace to the yoruba race!
You are one of the reasons why i generally avoid having anything to do with Yorubas!

When i finally discovered men like bakare who is truly a warrior and is gradually returning my respect for yorubas, you now came back to haunt me with your cowardly face!

Olosi oma ale! oloriburuku! Anu mpama! Anu ofia!
Re: Abacha's Bad Telephone Habit Saved My Life – Diya by billante(m): 11:22pm On Jun 17, 2011
Easy dude! u got so much venom there!!
Re: Abacha's Bad Telephone Habit Saved My Life – Diya by AndreUweh(m): 11:24pm On Jun 17, 2011
If Abacha had been alive today, surely Obasanjo would have jailed him forever.
Re: Abacha's Bad Telephone Habit Saved My Life – Diya by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jun 17, 2011
On the contrary if Abacha had been alive today OBJ would have been executed by now.
If Abacha had executed OBJ Nigeria would be much better off.

1 Like

Re: Abacha's Bad Telephone Habit Saved My Life – Diya by AndreUweh(m): 11:52pm On Jun 17, 2011
GenBuhari:

On the contrary if Abacha had been alive today OBJ would have executed by now.
Nna, do not talk like that.
Re: Abacha's Bad Telephone Habit Saved My Life – Diya by billante(m): 11:54pm On Jun 17, 2011
On the contrary if Abacha had been alive today OBJ would have executed by now.

TRUE TALK
Re: Abacha's Bad Telephone Habit Saved My Life – Diya by IykeD(m): 5:14am On Jun 18, 2011
GenBuhari:

On the contrary if Abacha had been alive today OBJ would have been executed by now.

Seconded!

lol @ the weeping General!
Re: Abacha's Bad Telephone Habit Saved My Life – Diya by Nobody: 6:23am On Jun 18, 2011
GenBuhari:

what should I expect from an almajiri like you when you chose coupists/terrorists like IBB,buhari and Abacha as your heroes ? How is Abacha better than Obj ?
Re: Abacha's Bad Telephone Habit Saved My Life – Diya by Blazing99: 6:54am On Jun 18, 2011
~Bluetooth:

what should I expect from an almajiri like you when you chose coupists/terrorists like IBB,buhari and Abacha as your heroes ? How is Abacha better than Obj ?

Despite international sanctions, the economic indicators during Abachas time was far better than Obj's rule. i am not an Abacha fan but Obj's poor government certainly made corruption thrive.

Diya was so lucky. Thank God for his life. I never wanted him to die.
Re: Abacha's Bad Telephone Habit Saved My Life – Diya by Nobody: 7:51am On Jun 18, 2011
Tales by moonlight. Are you guilty of the coup plot charge or not? That's all that matters.
Re: Abacha's Bad Telephone Habit Saved My Life – Diya by foward1212(m): 8:14am On Jun 18, 2011
THE ways of God is not that of men. It was Diya's time then.
Re: Abacha's Bad Telephone Habit Saved My Life – Diya by pereze: 9:06am On Jun 18, 2011
greateros:

Shutup there!
Shameless weeping general!
So u r still making public appearance??
You are truly shameless! useless man!
a total disgrace to the yoruba race!
You are one of the reasons why i generally avoid having anything to do with Yorubas!

When i finally discovered men like bakare who is truly a warrior and is gradually returning my respect for yorubas, you now came back to haunt me with your cowardly face!

Olosi oma ale! oloriburuku! Anu mpama! Anu ofia!
That Diya should shut up, reason being that YOU HAVE DISCOVERED A TRUE WARRIOR OF YORUBA,Bakare right?
Your attitude and your choice of a warrior is all too interesting!
Re: Abacha's Bad Telephone Habit Saved My Life – Diya by anishe(m): 9:54am On Jun 18, 2011
What is the contribution of Diya to the development of this great country?
We all seem to have forgotten the attrocities perpetrated by him so easily. I am sure posterity will catch up with all those that have contributed in putting our great country in this doldrum.
Re: Abacha's Bad Telephone Habit Saved My Life – Diya by MMM2(m): 10:48am On Jun 18, 2011
is abacha dead?[code][/code] angry
Re: Abacha's Bad Telephone Habit Saved My Life – Diya by Poj1(m): 11:02am On Jun 18, 2011
No, he's alive and kicking, shocked shocked shocked
Re: Abacha's Bad Telephone Habit Saved My Life – Diya by AndreUweh(m): 11:11am On Jun 18, 2011
M M M:

You may as well ask if Shagari is still the president.
Re: Abacha's Bad Telephone Habit Saved My Life – Diya by Segunoi: 11:17am On Jun 18, 2011
let's leave this man alone as probably it's time for him to contest for a political post.
Re: Abacha's Bad Telephone Habit Saved My Life – Diya by oladayo042: 11:52am On Jun 18, 2011
Bad telephone habits! Abacha must be drunk when the GOC is calling him, though God's will will never change.
Re: Abacha's Bad Telephone Habit Saved My Life – Diya by Pennywise(m): 12:31pm On Jun 18, 2011
An inaccessible C-in-C?!! Talk abt a nation on autopilot.

Abacha was truly the one and only cretin General.
Re: Abacha's Bad Telephone Habit Saved My Life – Diya by Poj1(m): 1:21pm On Jun 18, 2011
M M M:

No, he's alive and kicking,  shocked shocked shocked
Re: Abacha's Bad Telephone Habit Saved My Life – Diya by pereze: 1:36pm On Jun 18, 2011
M M M:

Na you kill am?
Re: Abacha's Bad Telephone Habit Saved My Life – Diya by rumomonga(m): 2:04pm On Jun 18, 2011
Whats the difference between when abacha was alive and when he is dead?

Is it the killings or the high level of corruption eating into the marrows of Nigeria as a system.

I believe a day/a generation will come that will dish out justice to everyone guilty of running Nigeria a-underground including those retired warlords (awon ika eniyan, mchew)
P.oj:

No, he's alive and kicking,  shocked shocked shocked
Re: Abacha's Bad Telephone Habit Saved My Life – Diya by ak47mann(m): 2:18pm On Jun 18, 2011
abacha EBE ano grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Abacha's Bad Telephone Habit Saved My Life – Diya by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 18, 2011
Is Diya still alive ? He was found guilty of coup plotting and is supposed to be executed. Simple!
Re: Abacha's Bad Telephone Habit Saved My Life – Diya by ronkebp(f): 2:29pm On Jun 18, 2011
anishe:

What is the contribution of Diya to the development of this great country?
We all seem to have forgotten the attrocities perpetrated by him so easily. I am sure posterity will catch up with all those that have contributed in putting our great country in this doldrum.

How will he contribute? will he contribute from the prison, ? shey bi, they don't want him to contribute anything that was why he was thrown in jail, so where is the contribution coming from? look for something else to say,
Re: Abacha's Bad Telephone Habit Saved My Life – Diya by kokorodudu(f): 3:07pm On Jun 18, 2011
Bastard Diya, he should have been executed. When you turn back on your kins for your own gain, whatever problem you find later is your personal cup of tea,
Re: Abacha's Bad Telephone Habit Saved My Life – Diya by Gbenge77(m): 3:29pm On Jun 18, 2011
What an escape he had!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Yoruba State Capitals Developed With Mud Houses In The 21st Century?pix / Buhari Acknowledged His Wife Before Osibanjo! / Congratulations To Godwin Obaseki, The Governor Elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.