Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,410 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Way To End Boko Haram Insurgence - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Way To End Boko Haram Insurgence (7004 Views)

World To End 2012? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Way To End Boko Haram Insurgence by olawalebabs(m): 6:55am On Jun 17, 2011
The scourge of Boko haram in recent days has come to remind one of the deadliest era of the Niger Delta militant, some even saying they are the new replacement for them. A group that started barely a decade ago and which activities was only intensify about 2 years ago has now grown to be a clog in the wheel of our security. The target of this deadly group is mostly security formation and political associate of a top politician in the North east of the country, this is contrary to the "acclaimed" believe of the group that they are against the "western education", since there activites started no any institution of learning has been attack, this call for sober reflection.
Many suggestions have been propounded on ways the government can stop the boko haram insurgence. Though many people have suggested amnesty as was done for the Niger Delta militant as being suggested by the Borno state governor, i have no objection to that. So also people have come to realize to realize that illiteracy is also another factor. Very correct and i think government is looking into this direction as it has propose the building of over hundred schools in the north. That's also okay. But before they proceed with all these let them know that the biggest and strongest set of people to fight is a person that have an ideology to defend. That is why thousand of Bush with all his weapons and technology is not able to defeat the al qaeda. Therefore, in building this schools, govt should look for way of merging the western education and islamic education that way a change of ideology will be reach. After all Islam is a religion that preaches peace, which some people are just trying to give a bad name.
Re: Way To End Boko Haram Insurgence by namfav(m): 8:55pm On Jun 18, 2011
instead of the government going in full force to 'fight' 'boko haram' they were supposed to create a dialogue, even if it was with yusuf (if they hadn't killed him), all parties have to be held responsible of any action including the government, if 'boko haram' is a terrorist organization then the government is terrorist for acting the way it has acted, nigeria cannot aford to take a stance like it is fighting a organized group, ideologies are not tackled through sending troops and starting to shoot, you fight an ideology with an ideology, if the government or the authorities thought yusuf was preaching something which is harmful why not take him to a debate there are scholars that would be willing to put him to place if they thought he was wrong, why kill him unless they had something to hide, now how will more than 500 kids grow up knowing their fathers were killed by the government, we are breeding a new generation of angry youth and that is a fai lure of society and we are heading for disaster
Re: Way To End Boko Haram Insurgence by olawalebabs(m): 9:14pm On Jun 18, 2011
May Allah bless you and continue to increase you in knowledge.
Re: Way To End Boko Haram Insurgence by thehomer: 9:25am On Jun 26, 2011
olawalebab:

Many suggestions have been propounded on ways the government can stop the boko haram insurgence. Though many people have suggested amnesty as was done for the Niger Delta militant as being suggested by the Borno state governor, i have no objection to that. So also people have come to realize to realize that illiteracy is also another factor. Very correct and i think government is looking into this direction as it has propose the building of over hundred schools in the north. That's also okay. But before they proceed with all these let them know that the biggest and strongest set of people to fight is a person that have an ideology to defend. That is why thousand of Bush with all his weapons and technology is not able to defeat the al qaeda. Therefore, in building this schools, govt should look for way of merging the western education and islamic education that way a change of ideology will be reach. After all Islam is a religion that preaches peace, which some people are just trying to give a bad name.

What do you mean by "Western education" and "Islamic education"? Do you think that there is Western mathematics or Western chemistry?
The fact that Islam preaches peace doesn't mean that her adherents would hesitate to inflict violence as we have seen in several parts of the world. Saying you're peaceful doesn't make you peaceful.
I'll also like to know what would come of those states if when they build the schools they decide to maim females who wish to learn or kill teachers who are willing to teach them as we see happening.
Re: Way To End Boko Haram Insurgence by olawalebabs(m): 9:54am On Jun 26, 2011
Islamic education as refers to in the above write up is islamic teaching which include the teaching which uses the quran and hadith as the guide.
Re: Way To End Boko Haram Insurgence by ommo(m): 6:51pm On Jun 26, 2011
I have heard and read the suggestions on the way(s) to tackle the boko haram problem. I see nothing wrong with all the suggest made so far, my only problem is that, government seem not to have diagnosted the root cause of the problem. The problem is more of idealogical one. These people seem to see something wrong with the impact of western education on their society. Government needs to setup a committee including islamic scholars or clerics of different idealogical stand. To brainstorm and come out with
http://www.nairaland.com/
Re: Way To End Boko Haram Insurgence by thehomer: 6:56pm On Jun 26, 2011
olawalebab:

Islamic education as refers to in the above write up is islamic teaching which include the teaching which uses the quran and hadith as the guide.

Why should that form part of their curriculum? Do they not have mosques for that?
Re: Way To End Boko Haram Insurgence by olawalebabs(m): 7:17pm On Jun 26, 2011
Get something clear we are talking of an ideological believe which we need to change, so you look out for ways to change it. Thank God, we study BK in school and nobody is complaining
Re: Way To End Boko Haram Insurgence by ommo(m): 7:19pm On Jun 26, 2011
To brainstorm and come with solutions that will make western education acceptable to all nigerians and its products also accepable to all.
One such solution is allowing muslim girls wear a matching hijab on their uniforms in all government schools.
Another is, i perdonaly dont see why muslim nurses and all uniform personnels are not allowed to wear uniform hijabs. The ethics and mode of dressing in these professions were dictated and writtern by our colonial masters and our leaders also implement them.
Re: Way To End Boko Haram Insurgence by olawalebabs(m): 7:40pm On Jun 26, 2011
Some nurses do wear a small matching hijab. I know of many
Re: Way To End Boko Haram Insurgence by olapluto(m): 11:03am On Jun 27, 2011
Boko haram spells another unique problem with Nigeria. We cannot do it like others are doing it. Nigeria is a country on a 50-50 muslim-christian divide. Hence we really need to learn to be very sensitive in all we do. As a muslim, I abhore the killing of anyone, so I condemn boko haram in totalty.
However, we need to try and understand them before we crush them if need be. I personally think so force needs to be applied to serve as deterent to others. I think the solution to boko haram is JUSTICE.
Justice for every Nigerian. Justice for everyone killed or brutallised. We practice selective justice in this country and that has strengthened boko haram alot more.
I believe the day we start metting out justice to people, that day, we will start moving towards one Nigeria. As it is now, it is easy to get away with a crime by affiliating with one ethnic agenda or one religious group. Unfortunately this is everywhere in Nigeria. In the South, you can buy justice, in the North, you get away with a crime by fronting your religion. Lets bring justice back to Nigeria and see if things dont start working our way. I am waiting for the day an individual will be sentenced to death for killing another individual. Perhaps we show the case on national TV, this will stop the killing of other ethnic groups as we witnessed during post election violence. Let the christian face death penalty for killing any human be it muslim or christian. Do thesame to a muslim that kills. After that, we can talk of one Nigeria.
Re: Way To End Boko Haram Insurgence by olawalebabs(m): 11:34am On Jun 27, 2011
i can agree less with you a society that fail to punish offender and also fail to reward hardworking will end up like ours. may God help us.
Re: Way To End Boko Haram Insurgence by thehomer: 9:11pm On Jun 28, 2011
olawalebab:

Get something clear we are talking of an ideological believe which we need to change, so you look out for ways to change it. Thank God, we study BK in school and nobody is complaining

The fact that no one complained doesn't make it appropriate. Mosques and churches are supposed to do that for the interested parties not the government forcing all comers.
Re: Way To End Boko Haram Insurgence by olawalebabs(m): 9:26pm On Jun 28, 2011
It seems you are not ready to hear the truth.
Re: Way To End Boko Haram Insurgence by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:26pm On Jun 28, 2011
leave islam & cristianity n ths foreign stuffs. return to African traditional religions. no mor boko harams in the future. problem soved. cool
Re: Way To End Boko Haram Insurgence by thehomer: 11:39pm On Jun 29, 2011
olawalebab:

It seems you are not ready to hear the truth.

What truth?
Re: Way To End Boko Haram Insurgence by jumobi1(m): 1:41pm On Jun 30, 2011
Dialogue sounds good.
Police should also be like the NYSC. Muslim Noerherners can NoT arrest Boko Haram. Religion is too strong. If it were Yoruba and Igbo police in Bauchi, it wont be this bad because they would have little reason to turn a blind eye
Re: Way To End Boko Haram Insurgence by olawalebabs(m): 5:32pm On Jul 05, 2011
لقد حان ويلات بوكو حرام في الأيام الأخيرة أن أذكر واحدة من أعنف حقبة متشددة دلتا النيجر ، ويقول البعض انهم حتى استبدال جديدة لهم. نمت مجموعة التي بدأت بالكاد قبل عقد من الزمن وتكثيف الأنشطة التي كان فقط حوالي 2 سنة مضت الآن أن يكون تسد في عجلة من أمننا. الهدف من هذه المجموعة القاتلة هي في معظمها تشكيل الأمن والمنتسبين السياسي لسياسي بارز في الشمال الشرقي من البلاد ، وهذا يتنافى مع "المشهود" نعتقد المجموعة التي كانت ضد "التعليم الغربي" ، حيث أن هناك أنشطة بدأت يوجد أي مؤسسة تعليمية تم الهجوم ، هذه الدعوة للتفكير الرصين.
وقد طرحت العديد من الاقتراحات حول سبل يمكن للحكومة وقف التمرد بوكو حرام. وإن كثيرا من الناس قد اقترح العفو كما حدث لدلتا النيجر المسلحة بأنها اقترحه حاكم ولاية بورنو ، وليس لدي اعتراض على ذلك. ذلك أيضا إلا أن شعب أن ندرك أن ندرك أن الأمية هي أيضا عامل آخر. صحيح جدا ، واعتقد ان الحكومة تبحث في هذا الاتجاه اذ لم يقترح بناء أكثر من مائة مدرسة في الشمال. هذا ايضا ما يرام. ولكن قبل المضي قدما في كل هذه فليعلموا أن مجموعة أكبر وأقوى من الناس للقتال هو الشخص الذي لديها للدفاع عن العقيدة. هذا هو السبب في ألف لبوش مع كل ما قدمه من الأسلحة والتكنولوجيا ليست قادرة على هزيمة تنظيم القاعدة. لذلك ، في بناء هذه المدارس ، ويجب أن نبحث عن طريقة تمثيل دمج التعليم الغربي والتربية الإسلامية على هذا النحو الى تغيير فكر وسيتم الوصول إليها. بعد كل الإسلام هو الدين الذي يدعو إلى السلام ، والتي يقول بعض الناس مجرد محاولة لإعطاء سمعة سيئة
Re: Way To End Boko Haram Insurgence by onyekabe(m): 2:43pm On Jul 09, 2011
In my opinion true federalism will solve the problem Boko haram this means that each state will operate the kind of law that suit them with state police resource control e.t.c.in that case each federating unit will pay tax to the federal for instance a yoruba or igbo police do not know the north very well compare to hatsa
Re: Way To End Boko Haram Insurgence by onyekabe(m): 2:48pm On Jul 09, 2011
Let be peace

(1) (Reply)

Is Islam Imperialist? / Maryam (mary) Sister Of Aaron (harun) : The Truth Unveil / Hajj: Meaning Of Labbayk Allahumma Labbayk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.