Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years (17058 Views)

Fashola, Tinubu And Oba Akiolu Observe Eid Prayer (Photo) / Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics / Agbaje’s Camp Tackles Fashola, Tinubu For Saying He's Too Old To Be Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by satani22: 4:51pm On Jun 17, 2011
Well im not for Tinubu or Awo nonsense stuff but a realist. I support ACN but when we see BS we must shout out for it to be corrected.

Lagos state Govt has failed in tackling the drainage problem in the state and this date back to the previous government as far back as the military era.

When ever the sky weeps it’s always hell in Lagos as almost the entire state will be flooded. Tinubu in 8 years did ‘so much’ with nothing to show for it. Fashola the action Gov for 4 years did ‘so much’ with little to show in terms of tackling the menace of drainage challenges.

One of the worst things Tinubu did in his quest for money from Lagos oil (i.e Lagos Land) was to allow Land reclamation at the Osborne phase 11 area of Ilubirin in Ikoyi, which have worsened the problems already on ground for we residents of Ikoyi.

The drainage is supposed to be channeled to the source which is now being reclaimed by the government making things worse off

We face hell when ever it rains. This includes Dolphin estate Victoria Island, Lekki, Ikoyi, Lagos Island, Ijora, Ikorodu, Lagos Badagry etc,

Todays rain is even the worst kind of experience. I’ll post pictures for u to see. Properties worth millions were being destroyed before the eyes of the owners that can do nothing. The Lagos state govt had told us that the 2011 rain is going to be much. Should we now move out of Lagos till the End of the raining season?

Honestly Fashola has tried and hes still trying but in area of drainage he has failed woefully. Most of us got to work around 12 pm cos of traffic caused by flooding. The whole obalende looks like an ocean or swimming pool. Its just too bad.

I hope the Authorities are listening. Some might want to argue that drainage proper flow is being blocked by refuse being poured by residents. Yes it is true but that only constitutes less than 20% of the problems as the government needs to do more. Or else Tsunami might wash us away in Lagos ooo
Action governor fashola please SOS.

The pics attached were taken in Dolphin estate and Lekki phase1 earlier today

Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by satani22: 4:55pm On Jun 17, 2011
more pixs

Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by DisGuy: 5:29pm On Jun 17, 2011
wow!!!
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by OAM4J: 5:37pm On Jun 17, 2011
My oh my! this is serious!
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by aljharem3: 5:40pm On Jun 17, 2011
Up ACN cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

tinubu has money to buy bellview but can not tell fashola to use some of the money to do proper drainage

rubbish
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by EkoIle1: 5:41pm On Jun 17, 2011
Get used to it, Lagos is below the sea level.
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by ezeagu(m): 5:41pm On Jun 17, 2011
Lagos is looking like Aba.
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by aljharem3: 5:42pm On Jun 17, 2011
Eko Ile:

[size=15pt]Get used to it, Lagos is below the sea level. [/size]
shocked cry cry cry cry cry

is this what tinubu or fashola would say ?
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by oderemo(m): 5:44pm On Jun 17, 2011
wait till your lagos atlantic city/lekki phase 7 is submerged below sea level.
na today.
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by aljharem3: 5:44pm On Jun 17, 2011
ezeagu:

Lagos is looking worse than Aba.

better
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by aljharem3: 5:45pm On Jun 17, 2011
ode remo:

wait till your lagos atlantic city/lekki phase 7 is submerged below sea level.
na today.

gbammmmmm
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by satani22: 5:45pm On Jun 17, 2011
Eko Ile:

Get used to it, Lagos is below the sea level.
this is shameful. is this how far ur fanaticism can prevent you from speaking the truth about the failures of over 12years?  SMH
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by EkoIle1: 5:45pm On Jun 17, 2011
alj_harem:

Up ACN cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

tinubu has money to buy bellview but can not tell fashola to use some of the money to do proper drainage

rubbish

Olodo, the pictures below are from the US. You mean Tinubu and the governors in the US states experiencing flood bought planes instead of building drainage?.

Your trolling and dumbness is way way ahead of your brains.

Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by ektbear: 5:47pm On Jun 17, 2011
Looks pretty bad, I must say
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by ezeagu(m): 5:49pm On Jun 17, 2011
I think I saw this type of thing near Port Harcourt a few years ago, there really isn't any excuse.
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by EkoIle1: 5:50pm On Jun 17, 2011
satani22:

this is shameful. is this how far your fanaticism can prevent you from speaking the truth about the failures of over 12years?  SMH

1. I was addressing your ignorance with that point. This is nature, Lagos is under the sea level so there's always going to be flood, just like all the communities under the sea level all over the world.

2. Can you prove to me that that Lagos state government is yet to build drainage system for 12 years?

Why do you people lie and display so much ignirance just to make your misguided points.
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by aljharem3: 5:50pm On Jun 17, 2011
Eko Ile:

Olodo, the pictures below are from the US. You mean Tinubu and the governors in the US states experiencing flood bought planes instead of building drainage?.

Your trolling and dumbness is way way ahead of your brains.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

chai!!!!! eko ile u are a bit slow undecided

so because USA is going through that , it means Lagos MUST go through that as well

more over USA flood is late notice unlike lagos which for years after years have been known to be flood prone

please my brother think

or is Lagos facing hurrican or tsunami like the USA and other countries

LOL
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by aljharem3: 5:51pm On Jun 17, 2011
ezeagu:

I think I saw this type of thing near Port Harcourt a few years ago, there really isn't any excuse.

gbammmm
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by satani22: 5:51pm On Jun 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

Looks pretty bad, I must say
Good one bro.U are an ACN supporter just like myself, but we need to speak the truth when we see something that's bad
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by ektbear: 5:51pm On Jun 17, 2011
I don't think simple rain alone should cause that unless the drainage is almost nonexistent. Yeah, reminds me of PHC when I visited. And that is not something you want your city to look like (with no offense intended to PHC).
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by oderemo(m): 5:51pm On Jun 17, 2011
@ eko ile , stop shading the facts man , does that  flood happ.every blessed yr in the u.s?
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by tpia5: 5:52pm On Jun 17, 2011
louisiana and missisippi were themselves flooded this year.
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by tpia5: 5:53pm On Jun 17, 2011
ode remo:

@ eko ile , stop shading the facts man , does that flood happ.every blessed yr in the u.s?

yes, depending on the location.

likewise, wildfires.
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by aljharem3: 5:55pm On Jun 17, 2011
Eko Ile:

1. I was addressing your ignorance with that point. This is nature, Lagos is under the sea level so there's always going to be flood, just like all the communities under the sea level all over the world.

2. Can you prove to me that that Lagos state government is yet to build drainage system for 12 years?

Why do you people lie and display so much ignirance just to make your misguided points.

dude use ur head for once and stop this ACN/TINUBU/FASHOLA a55 licking angry

lagos is below sea level, so is new york, boston, london etc but this places are not flooded because of rain unless there is a tsunami or huricane

lagos does not experience tsunami or huricane so what reason are you giving here

please if u have nothing better to say, please stop posting
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by Rhea(f): 5:57pm On Jun 17, 2011
Must everybody relocate to Lagos? Isn't that city overpopulated already?
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by ektbear: 5:58pm On Jun 17, 2011
Hrm. Is Lagos really below sea level? Looking around a bit online, it looks like most of it is not. I think it is a drainage issue primarily.

How much longer does the rainy season last for?
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by EkoIle1: 5:58pm On Jun 17, 2011
alj_harem:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

chai!!!!! eko ile u are a bit slow undecided

so because USA is going through that , it means Lagos MUST go through that as well

more over USA flood is late notice unlike lagos which for years after years have been known to be flood prone

please my brother think
[img]http://
or is Lagos facing hurrican or tsunami like the USA and other countrie[/img]s

LOL

The pictures are from the Midwest US.

This is common flood from rain/Thunderstorm, not Tsunami or hurricane.

Tsunami emanates from the Pacific, not the Atlantic or the Midwest or the US. Hurricanes doesn't affect the Midwest US, only states in the eastern coastal areas f the US experience hurricanes.  

lol @
more over USA flood is late notice unlike lagos which for years after years have been known to be flood prone. Olodo, are you talking about the same US where they have the most advanced weather monitoring and warning technology in the world?

Like I said, you are dum.b and ignorant. Pick up a book before running your mouth.
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by aljharem3: 6:00pm On Jun 17, 2011
tpia@:

louisiana and missisippi were themselves flooded this year.
tpia@:

yes, depending on the location.

likewise, wildfires.

Mississippi is a river that over flooded its banks

we do not experience wildfire in nigeria most ecspecially not the humid south

there is not excuss for lagos state government
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by EkoIle1: 6:03pm On Jun 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

Hrm. Is Lagos really below sea level? Looking around a bit online, it looks like most of it is not. I think it is a drainage issue primarily.

While reflecting on causes of damage to roads, the Executive Chairman said that due to the fact that most parts of Lagos are on the average of two metres below sea level, roads are constantly under pressure of topographical and environmental factors which is responsible for perennial damage usually witnessed in rainy season.

http://lspwc-ng.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=114:state-of-roads-lagosians-urged-to-be-more-patient&catid=47:press-release&Itemid=115
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by satani22: 6:06pm On Jun 17, 2011
Eko Ile:

Now i know ur reasoning level is below average and would stop at nothing in defense of killing ur family when it comes to any matter regarding ACN, Tinubu or Fashola.Why dont u ask urself is that the only cause that can be attributed to the drainage challenges being experienced in Lagos or that some pple have failed in doing the right thing? ignorance isn't an excuse

Eko Ile:

Why do you people lie and display so much[b] ignirance [/b]just to make your misguided points.
Now i know that u also have eye,reading and comprehension problem

Tinubu in 8 years did ‘so much’ with nothing to show for it. Fashola the action Gov for 4 years did ‘so much’ with little to show in terms of tackling the menace of drainage challenges.
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by EkoIle1: 6:06pm On Jun 17, 2011
ode remo:

@ eko ile , stop shading the facts man , does that  flood happ.every blessed yr in the u.s?

Yes, this is nature, not some man made stop and go occurrence.
Re: Lagos Flood. Fashola &tinubu Failed In Fixing Drainage Prbls In Lagos In 12years by aljharem3: 6:08pm On Jun 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

thank you

usa cities below sea level

Death Valley
Badwater, Death Valley, USA [−86 m (−282.2 ft)]
Furnace Creek Airport (L06), Death Valley, USA [−64 m (−210.0 ft)]
Salton Sink, USA [−66 m (−216.5 ft)]
Bombay Beach, California, USA [−69 m (−226.4 ft)]
Brawley, California, USA [−37 m (−121.4 ft)]
Calipatria, California, USA [−56 m (−183.7 ft)]
Coachella, California, USA [−22 m (−72.2 ft)]
Desert Shores, California, USA [−61 m (−200.1 ft)]
El Centro, California, USA [−12 m (−39.4 ft)]
Heber, California, USA [−5 m (−16.4 ft)]
Holtville, California, USA [−3 m (−9.8 ft)]
Imperial, California, USA [−18 m (−59.1 ft)]
Indio, California, USA [−6 m (−19.7 ft)]
Niland, California, USA [−43 m (−141.1 ft)]
Salton City, California, USA [−38 m (−124.7 ft)]
Salton Sea Beach, California, USA [−67 m (−219.8 ft)]
Seeley, California, USA [−13 m (−42.7 ft)]
Thermal, California, USA [−37 m (−121.4 ft)]
Westmorland, California, USA [−48 m (−157.5 ft)]
New Orleans, USA [−2 m (−6.6 ft)]
Laguna Salada, Mexico [−10 m (−32.8 ft)]
Lago Enriquillo, Dominican Republic [−46 m (−150.9 ft)]

for nigeria

While reflecting on causes of damage to roads, the Executive Chairman said that due to the fact that most parts of Lagos are on the average of two metres below sea level,

http://lspwc-ng.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=114:state-of-roads-lagosians-urged-to-be-more-patient&catid=47:press-release&Itemid=115

lagos is on the average 2 meter below sea level

now compare it to other cities posted above

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Most Wanted Kidnapper In Delta State Is A PhD Holder — Commissioner Of Police / Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily / Senator Shehu Sani Defects To SDP - Independent.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.