Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,392 members, 7,808,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

Is Islam A Religion Of Violence? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Islam A Religion Of Violence? (3006 Views)

South Africa's Xenophobic Violence | Photos Of People Burnt Alive / Why Do We Have A Religion Complaints Thread That Deletes Complaints Suicidally? / History Of Violence In Nigeria Since 1960 (green White Green, Where Is The Red) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Islam A Religion Of Violence? by Lanrefemi: 1:10am On Jun 18, 2011
With the recent spate of bombing in Nigeria and around the world always linked with Islamic movements, can we then say that its just an affirmation that Islam is a violent and blood thirsty religion.

NIGERIANS PLEASE SPEAK UP, WHAT ARE YOUR OPINIONS ON THIS?!
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Violence? by obowunmi(m): 3:21am On Jun 18, 2011
Having dementia has nothing to do with the religion of Islam. Its very inappropriate to make such correlation.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Violence? by Lanrefemi: 4:23am On Jun 18, 2011
I'm not making any correlation, I'm only posing a serious and genuine question.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Violence? by Oluschenco(m): 6:14am On Jun 18, 2011
Logical questions requires reasoning. Wit the way things are, -burning churches, one can easily deduce that 85% of islam followers are rebels.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Violence? by hakunajay(m): 6:54am On Jun 18, 2011
Yes!
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Violence? by tyoseni(m): 7:02am On Jun 18, 2011
NO!!!! Islam means peace. U can be born from a good parent and become notorious, people engaging in bumping and using islam as a cover up are not tru follower of islam because the religion preaches peace and peace alone. They are all exhibiting their personal traits.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Violence? by skydeexie(m): 7:14pm On Jun 18, 2011
Islam is everything but Peaceful - It's a Primitive Death Cult

"The gates of Paradise are under the shadows of the swords."
Muhammad taught that the gates of Heaven were under the shadow of the swords, meaning that death for Allah’s sake assures entry into Paradise. The revulsion of the bloody sword of death is in juxtaposition to the blessedness of the gates of eternal joy. So, if a Muslim were to approach directly Paradise’s gate of eternal delight, then he must know that it is found under the shadows of the sharp, glistening swords of a martyr’s death in Allah’s Jihad against unbelievers. (Sahih Muslim Book 020, Number 4681)

As with many primitive peoples it is the shedding of blood that gets them excited. The blood is seen as a libation to Allah. To quote the eminent Islamic theologian Abu Hamza al-Masri:

"There is no liquid loved by Allah more than the liquid of blood"
"Whether you do it by the lamb, or you do it by a Serb, you do it by a Jew, you do it by any enemies of Allah,"
he said. That drop of blood "is very dear."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4616968.stm

So whereas Christians give offerings of fruit at harvest festivals and lights at Christmas and Candlemass, and Buddhists give offerings of lights, flowers, fruits and water to the enlightened beings, the jihadists give offerings of human blood and shattered body parts to their stone age tribal totem.

"The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy.
I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep."
(John 10:10-11 NKJV)

Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Violence? by akings100: 10:23pm On Jun 18, 2011
Islam being a religion of peace is complete false nd fallacy. Christians ar very liberal peaceful nd acomodatin but muslims nd islam bliv in violence nd dey ar VIOLENT PPLE, just like dia leader muhamed.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Violence? by EMOKAI98(m): 9:05am On Jun 19, 2011
From the way things are goin on, it apears that islam is a religion of violence.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Violence? by EMOKAI98(m): 9:18am On Jun 19, 2011
I strongly recommend this book written by G.J:O Moshay, the title is 'Who is this Allah'
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Violence? by harakiri(m): 12:46pm On Jun 19, 2011
Religion and it's hypocrisy never fails to amaze me. The posters here are demonizing islam and quoting verses of violence from the koran. These hypocrites seem to forget that their so called "holy bible" is filled to the brim with numerous instances where the christian god ordered "his people" to attack other nations AND KILL EVERY MAN,WOMAN AND CHILD and on top of that, PLUNDER THEIR LIFESTOCK,BURN THE CROPS AND CITIES TO THE GROUND! This is the god they claim to be "loving and peaceful". These deluded brainwashed zombies probably don't know that the reason christianity spread far and wide is because of the anglo-saxon wars, knight templars and blood thirsty roman catholic crusaders who spared no one that didn't convert to christianity. Millions of innocent men where beheaded,pregnant women were disembowled,widows were burnt alive,young lads were tied to horse carts and dragged through the cities until their bodies were torn to shreds,children were deep fried in huge cauldrons of searing hot oil. Isn't funny that the same people who brought christianity as a "religion of peace" are the same people who enslaved us? The first man (yoruba man) to translate the bible WAS A SLAVE! The first world war was approved by the pope. Religion of peace my foot. Who is decieving who? If we go by the bloody history of islam and christianity, christianity would take the "winning" prize. Hundreds of innocent middle easterners lost their all because a predominantly christian nation claimed non existent weapons of mass destruction was in their country. Today, people are waking to see it's all about oil. I am neither religious nor a supporter of islam. I detest hypocrisy. Christians accusing moslems of violence is like an armed robber calling a pick pocket a thief. Bloody hypocrites! ! !
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Violence? by Lanrefemi: 3:28am On Jun 20, 2011
@Harakiri:
The crusades you mentioned happened from 1095 to 1291, that is about 720 years ago. I don't see how that justifies suicide bombing, car bombs, Islamic terrorism in our country or around the world in 2011?!

One thing about christian is that they are not afraid to criticize each other or even their pastor if they thinks the pastor is doing something wrong, but one of the things I observe about muslims including the so-called moderate muslim is that they don't see anything wrong in what these islamic terrorists are doing! may be they are scared themselves only God knows.

So I don't think justifying Islamic terrorism in 2011 with crusades that happened over 700 years ago makes much sense.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Violence? by hunter121: 3:47am On Jun 20, 2011
Logical questions requires reasoning.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/147/buddyicons/62288409@N00.jpg[/img]
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Violence? by 1stborn: 8:34am On Jun 20, 2011
Islam minus Jihad equals to nofin, where other religions comes wif missionaries and help Islam comes with war against the gentiles, how can it be peaceful, if u don't believe in d holy war JIHAD ur not a true Muslim, so ma broda get the rest of the answers urself
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Violence? by manmustwac(m): 8:51am On Jun 20, 2011
If you judge Islam by what you see Muslims doing instead of what it says in the Koran then Islam is obviously a Religion of violence
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Violence? by ajoguegbe(m): 9:12am On Jun 20, 2011
Action speaks louder than words.If anyone ever killed in the name of Christ, he is not a true follower of Christ for Jesus never fought a war nor encouraged killing,rather He discouraged it.But Islam?Muhammed killed thousands of people while claiming to be fighting for God.The religion is under a curse.God said of Ishmael that he would be a violent man. Inshort if you are interested in understanding why Islam is Violent and have terrorist tendencies read this blog: http://judewatchman..com/2010/01/suicide-bombing-according-to-bible-by.html?spref=fb
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Violence? by Excelboi(m): 11:11am On Jun 20, 2011
Very stu.pid set of pipz! Get a life and leave islam alone, nonsense
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Violence? by dankol: 1:09pm On Jun 20, 2011
Islam is nt islam witout bloodshed. Yes islamic scholars wil refute it jst lik d lst post. Bt deep down inside of dem dey knw. Why didnt osama lead dose who did d 11/09/01 attack? He did a torough brainwashìn 4 dose lads. Nd dats wat islam is all abt. Some1 mentnd d crusades nd biblical wars. Israel ws smal compard 2 odas nd it ws mst time survival battles. Nd as 4 d crusades, dey are nt xtian wars as u cnt fight 4 God dats why d pope failed.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Violence? by Lanrefemi: 7:53pm On Jun 20, 2011
Most importantly, Nigerians needs to act fast and nip this whole islamic terrorism in the bud before it's get out of hand. Look at parkistan, yemen, afganistan, somalia, hardly will a day go by without tens of people dying because of suicide bombing and jihadist, it's going to be very sad if we let our country gets to that stage.

Jonathan should act fast and decisively now before these jihadist turns Nigeria to nigerianistan!

I expect that by now the so-called moderate muslims would have stood up against these extremist (in form of rallying) if they truly don't support them.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Violence? by Oluschenco(m): 8:48pm On Jun 20, 2011
Anyone can publicly humiliate christ, but if one does so wt muhammed's name, d whole community wl xperience bloodshed. One of d 10 comandment is dat xtians shouldnt kill.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Violence? by gbigbega: 10:16pm On Jun 20, 2011
Pls don't critisize them instead pray for them. They are under a curse. If u have a muslim friend, and u love him, pray for him/her. Their quran actually says every muslim will first go to hell before God will select those he wants from the fire. Their quran already condemns them to hell. If you love your muslim friend/relative/neighbour etc pleaaaase pray that they may see the light.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Violence? by Latty88(f): 10:33pm On Jun 20, 2011
What amazes me is dat d muslim scholars, imams,sultan e.t.c ll neva come out n rebuke all these violence,it shows dey r in support of all these violence dey r unleashing. Someone here was talking abt what happened 700 years ago when we r talkin of 2011 Truly,dey always defend deir wrong doings, dat religion does nt encourage pple who would luv 2 convert.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Violence? by sabiq(m): 10:14am On Jun 21, 2011
No. Islam is not religion but some terrorist are hiding under the umbrella of islam to carry out thier act.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Violence? by Excelboi(m): 11:17am On Jun 21, 2011
gbigbega:

Pls don't critisize them instead pray for them. They are under a curse. If u have a muslim friend, and u love him, pray for him/her. Their quran actually says every muslim will first go to hell before God will select those he wants from the fire. Their quran already condemns them to hell. If you love your muslim friend/relative/neighbour etc pleaaaase pray that they may see the light.
you son of a gun, tell me wia itz stated in d quran that muslim will go to hell first! Everybody has is different way of serving his or her own God, shut da Bleep up dawg and get a thing to do with your life. Am out
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Violence? by aminu150(m): 11:35am On Jun 21, 2011
islam does not believe in violence. but no matter what your religion is either christianity, jew, etc. you cannot sit and be looking at some stupid people insulting you or killing you in the name of trying to bring peace. Look at what Israel is doing to muslims in palestine, look at what the US is doing in Iraq and Afghanistan.

so please stop saying islam is a religion of violence because you can provoke boko haram to start attacking religious areas.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Violence? by dankol: 3:00pm On Jun 21, 2011
Aminu u are out of context. U are mixing a political reasons to justify a terorist. U.S only help iraq out of boundage saddam kept. US fought 4 democrazy which dey enjoy now. And as 4 Israel,eni tolorun o pa. Palestine refused to acknowledge d existence of israel nd want to claim jerusalem, israel inheritance. Wht is boko haram cause? Western educatn is bad. D same western educatn dat produce bomb and oda gadgets dey use. Sheer hypocricy nd bad blood against xtianity.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Violence? by Nobody: 11:34am On Jun 22, 2011
Maybe this may help.

http://www.bibleprobe.com/muhammad.htm

If you contrary opinion, just state it.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Violence? by MzOutside(f): 2:14pm On Jun 22, 2011
I am not from Nigeria but to even suggest that islam is a religion of violence is just
outragous. Islam means 'peace' for those who dont know .

wink
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Violence? by begwong: 4:30pm On Jun 22, 2011
If its the type practiced in Nigeria?Its for Bloodshed/violence kawai!
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Violence? by wofaiba: 6:25pm On Jun 22, 2011
Let's be careful ☺f what we say or write †☺ avoid more violence, as we need peace in ‎​​*NG* please.
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Violence? by dankol: 9:39pm On Jun 22, 2011
Does dat mean d truth shld stop being said. As 4 d guy outside nig. Tel me, is d islam u beliv diferent 4rm d ones in nig bliv. Pls quote dat part of d quran dat mad claim 2 peace 4 enemies of allah . D truth remains dat d only dogmatic nd brutal religion is islam. Or muhamedaism
Re: Is Islam A Religion Of Violence? by Sike(m): 6:24pm On Jun 23, 2011
SMH. . I don't blame you!!!
If not for those Idi.ots that gave you the chance to talk like an Animal. Mtchew!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairaland Is Evil! What Do I Believe? / Oh My God! Why Do I Have This Strong Feeling That It's Gonna Be A Great Year? / EXPOSED! Where UNILAG Babes Sell Their Ovaries For N120k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.