Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,732 members, 7,806,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Most Romanticized City In Nigeria - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Most Romanticized City In Nigeria (9973 Views)

PHOTOS: Why Lagos Is The Craziest City In World / A City In Nigeria With 24/7 Electricity Supply! / Best City In Nigeria To Live In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by Madamot: 5:22pm On Jun 19, 2011
Without a doubt, from foreigners, and I know many who have commented on this, and Nigerians too, the towns are in the following order:
Calabar
Jos, before the madness,
Port Harcourt
Enugu
Lagos
Sapele, in those days!
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by romeo(m): 5:55pm On Jun 19, 2011
Enugu is simply fantastic. Best place to be, It seems Calabar is a place to be too
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by hackney(m): 6:04pm On Jun 19, 2011
It has to calabar, by far.
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by snowdrops(m): 7:04pm On Jun 19, 2011
benin city. the brith place of romance. the paris of africa.
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by AjanleKoko: 7:24pm On Jun 19, 2011
Calabar and Jos.
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by MPEROR: 9:24pm On Jun 19, 2011
UYO
OK CALABAR
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by NaijaNile: 10:32pm On Jun 19, 2011
Calabar all the Wayyyyyyyyyyyyy, who wan contest am. Extremely neat city, I didnt believe a place like that existed in Nigeria. The people are an epitome of civility, armed robbery /theft is almost nil, i mean people still use low fences unlike Lagos where we all live in prisons, (how can anyone even mention Lagos?)

@ Klexy the Akure man, guy, haba, AKure romaticccccccccc? I went to sec sch there o, for 6 good yrs, abeg talk another thing.

Another nice place is Zaria, just love the serenity,
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by lagcity(m): 10:34pm On Jun 19, 2011
Lagos: a day at a serene beach with your lover, top notch hotels for weekend getaways.

lagos sucks in a lot of things but it is also a place where you can enjoy yourself to the fullest if you have money and you are not cheap.
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by 1Emmy: 11:58pm On Jun 19, 2011
Well if i should judge base on what others have pointed out
*Calabar
*Enugu
*Owerre
*Jos
*Abuja
*Lagos
*Portharcourt
I if i should judge base on the once i have visited
*Calabar
*Owerre
*Enugu
*Abuja
*PH
Then base on hear say and sentiments:
*Calabar
*Owerre
*Enugu
*Abuja
*Lagos

There is nothing romantic in states or cities prone to crises, jealousy, lost of human life and property destruction.
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by mkpologwu(m): 12:07am On Jun 20, 2011
Roma and tanzania
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by Madamot: 12:07am On Jun 20, 2011
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by pleep(m): 5:10am On Jun 20, 2011
Who would say owerri is beautiful
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by THEAMAKA(f): 7:15am On Jun 20, 2011
its funny how Ileke-Idi can talk about a city of which she has never been to, na wa for some people. to discuss the east, na by force?  cheesy grin

from pictures of scenery, i'd say Calabar (green, fresh, clearn), Enugu (those rolling hills are awesome), and of course a lot of less publicized cities in the middle belt.
those areas have the best scenery in the entire country, it's a shame they have been neglected though and are not functioning at their full potential.

I SEE A LOT OF PEOPLE LIKE MY CITY, OWERRI!  grin kiss

and why are people naming states instead of cities? na wa!
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:18am On Jun 20, 2011
pleep:

Who would say owerri is beautiful

This thread seriously goes to show that most Nigerians dont know what romantic means.

What is romantic about Enugu, Owerri, Lagos and Ibandan for gosh sake?
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by jayne110: 7:45am On Jun 20, 2011
Welll nt bin 2 so many states n d 1s iv bin to I d nt explore em enof 2 decide ow romantic d environment s bt frm wat I av eard I fink calabar s d closest love city in nija to paris grin
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by swezenberg(m): 10:27am On Jun 20, 2011
I give it to Calabar and Akure. I was surprised at what I saw in Akure, from it's greens to nice lovely areas of interest. the Governor has really done a lot to that state. The way the trees and the lawns are will tell you more about the comfort.
But from what I have heard about Calabar, I think it tops the list.

Ekiti is another state that I know
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by DeepSoul(f): 12:29pm On Jun 20, 2011
Definitely Abuja

Closely followed by Calabar

And maybe Lagos (with the right amount of money)
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by lagcity(m): 5:45pm On Jun 20, 2011
Deep Soul:

Definitely Abuja

Closely followed by Calabar

And maybe Lagos (with the right amount of money)

true talk.
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by fd4all234(m): 7:17pm On Jun 20, 2011
@lagcity was true talk, so u are saying abuja and calabar is more romantic than lagos,
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by femsco(m): 9:13am On Jun 21, 2011
Lagos
Osun
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by koyaabj: 12:39pm On Jun 21, 2011
Calabar should have been the city, but we have NRC (witch) everywhere, if u mistakingly romantized yourself into their hand your meat will be shared among the members.
so rather take lagos because the kidnappers in PH and Abia will not allow u to enjoy yr romance there like wise the north where suicide bombers and sharia reigns. In lagos nobody cares in as much as u have yr money life goes on and on chikena. cheesy cool undecided cry cheesy shocked
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by enomakos(m): 4:13pm On Jun 22, 2011
jos use to be the no 1 but for all the killing going on now

i will pick

calabar
enugu
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 4:25pm On Jul 04, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

This thread seriously goes to show that most Nigerians dont know what romantic means.

What is romantic about Enugu, Owerri, Lagos and Ibandan for gosh sake?

How many of these cities have you been to?
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 4:36pm On Jul 04, 2011
Here's my best pick.

1) Calabar: Never been there but from what i've heard and seen it's a place worth visiting.

2) Enugu: This is my home town and i can tell you that it's one of the most beautiful and serene places in Nigeria. The hills are breadthtaking.

3) Jos: Just like Calabar i've heard about pre-riot Jos and how beautiful it's terrain is.

4) Owerri: Owerri is another beautiful place to be. I think Owerri is one of the few lanned cities in Nigeria.

5) I can't do without adding Abuja. This place is also romantic except that it's become a boko-haram hub of recent.

Here's my worst pick:

1) Lagos: This city represents everything and anything Nigeria is. From chaos, criminality, Yahoo yahoo, 419 and serious traffic Jam.

2) Onitsha: I wonder how people survive in this place. The buildings are so close to each other that it becomes difficult to breath.

3) Aba: This Onitsha twin brother is leaving no stone unturned to make sure Onitsha and Lagos does not outtwit it as the dirtiest city in Nigeria.

4) Ibadan: Unlike Lagos, Onitsha and Aba, Ibadan is not a commercial city. But one cannot but open mouth at the level of dirtiness in this city. No uprade seems to be going on in this city.
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 04, 2011
Calabar. Obudu Ranch and surrounding areas.
Re: Most Romanticized City In Nigeria by jossyr(m): 5:23pm On Sep 21, 2014
Its jos!no doubt.tinz wil soon normalise in dat beautiful city

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LASG Gives Update On Reconstruction Of Adeniji Adele, Okepopo And Tapa Streets / British Airways Cancels All Short-Haul Flights From Heathrow Over Huge IT Error / Accra - Ghana At Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.