Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,722 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Onuachu Becomes First Nigerian To Win Belgian Golden Shoe - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Onuachu Becomes First Nigerian To Win Belgian Golden Shoe (17297 Views)

Ime Udoka Becomes The First Nigerian To Coach A Team To The NBA Finals / Messi Set To Receive His Sixth European Golden Shoe On October 16 / Lionel Messi Receives 5th Golden Shoe Award For Europe's Top Scorer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onuachu Becomes First Nigerian To Win Belgian Golden Shoe by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 14, 2022
The 27-year-old has been rewarded for his outstanding goalscoring record in the Belgian top-flight last season

Genk striker Paul Onuachu has become the first Nigerian player to win the Belgian Golden Shoe.

Onuachu was crowned at a ceremony on Wednesday night as he beat off Club Brugge duo Noa Lang and Charles Des Ketelaere to the award.

The 2021 award recognises the Super Eagles star's performances for the 2020-21 season where he finished as the First Division A top scorer with 33 goals in 38 matches.

Onuachu becomes the fourth African star to be win the award after DR Congo's Dieumerci Mbokani, Ivory Coast's Aruna Dindane and Morocco's Mbark Boussoufa.

Article continues below
Last year, he finished third in the annual award ranking and Genk chairman Peter Croonen has described his latest success as a boost for the team and the player himself.

“Honestly, I'm surprised,” Croonen told the award organisers. “I would of course have been incredibly sorry if Paul had not won, but for some reason, I had the unexpected. Now I'm really happy because it's well deserved for Onuachu too.”

“Paul is someone who deserves and appreciates every prize. Paul is a collective thinker: he wants to be important for the whole team with his goals, but this individual award is also a recognition that will make him very happy.

“We haven't seen statistics like that of Paul at Genk for a long time. Paul is not only important for his offensive performance but also invaluable defensively.

“We now have a catching up race ahead of us after the winter break. I am convinced that this trophy will help with that. The Golden Boot will give Paul and the team a boost.”

Unfortunately, Onuachu could not join the Super Eagles for their trip to the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon owing to injury.

He is currently working his way back to full fitness with the Belgian league set to return from its winter break on Saturday.

Onuachu has scored 12 league goals this season for Genk who occupy the ninth spot in the table, 18 points behind leaders Union Saint-Gilloise.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.goal.com/en-us/amp/news/genk-striker-onuachu-becomes-first-nigerian-to-win-belgian/blt974b4579d6b8ca8c

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onuachu Becomes First Nigerian To Win Belgian Golden Shoe by Nobody: 8:00am On Jan 14, 2022
wow nice

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onuachu Becomes First Nigerian To Win Belgian Golden Shoe by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 14, 2022
Another AFCON miss, dis bobo just day score anyhow for DAT him league

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onuachu Becomes First Nigerian To Win Belgian Golden Shoe by Nobody: 8:02am On Jan 14, 2022
how on earth will we not win d world cup with our stars and a good performance like DAT of Egypt No B JuJu B Dat

13 Likes

Re: Onuachu Becomes First Nigerian To Win Belgian Golden Shoe by Nobody: 8:02am On Jan 14, 2022
how on earth will we not win d world cup with our stars and a good performance like DAT of Egypt No B JuJu B Dat

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onuachu Becomes First Nigerian To Win Belgian Golden Shoe by freshkpomo(m): 8:28am On Jan 14, 2022

If nor be the thought of Akpu and Eguisi when dey block our Brain, Africans are just Great.... Our thick skin says it all... God created us well prepared for life...

27 Likes

Re: Onuachu Becomes First Nigerian To Win Belgian Golden Shoe by Ekpekus(m): 8:28am On Jan 14, 2022
Congratulations "long" man
However na old news because this season don already pass half way mark.
How many goals he don score sef this season?
12 goals not a bad output this season sha

6 Likes

Re: Onuachu Becomes First Nigerian To Win Belgian Golden Shoe by MrImole: 8:28am On Jan 14, 2022
Wow
Re: Onuachu Becomes First Nigerian To Win Belgian Golden Shoe by Horbax360: 8:28am On Jan 14, 2022
star boy
Re: Onuachu Becomes First Nigerian To Win Belgian Golden Shoe by EternalBeing: 8:29am On Jan 14, 2022
Ok.

1 Like

Re: Onuachu Becomes First Nigerian To Win Belgian Golden Shoe by McOluOmo: 8:29am On Jan 14, 2022
Big ups
9ja to the world

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

1 Like

Re: Onuachu Becomes First Nigerian To Win Belgian Golden Shoe by Akwamkpuruamu: 8:29am On Jan 14, 2022
Congratulations guy! An honor we'll deserved my Dogo Yaro

1 Like

Re: Onuachu Becomes First Nigerian To Win Belgian Golden Shoe by Baawaa(m): 8:29am On Jan 14, 2022
Congratulations, more of it to come
Re: Onuachu Becomes First Nigerian To Win Belgian Golden Shoe by OakConsultNG: 8:29am On Jan 14, 2022
Good one...

Get the right partners to list your business among the successful ones this season. Talk to us at OakShire Consults to register your Business, Church, NGO and Incorporate your company with the CAC today & get a massive 20% DISCOUNT!

Change of Directors and Re-Allotment of shares?

Check our signature and page for more details
Re: Onuachu Becomes First Nigerian To Win Belgian Golden Shoe by luxastoriang(f): 8:29am On Jan 14, 2022
Congratulations. I love to see Nigerians winning.
Let me design your dream home just as I proposed a music studio for Davido's crew. I design for all no matter your financial capacity.
Call me or save a picture for future reference

Re: Onuachu Becomes First Nigerian To Win Belgian Golden Shoe by Nathphil(m): 8:29am On Jan 14, 2022
Congratulations
Re: Onuachu Becomes First Nigerian To Win Belgian Golden Shoe by Naijayouth(m): 8:30am On Jan 14, 2022
Congratulations
Super Eagle.
I'm so happy and proud of you.

Are you a business man/woman or influencer seeking to promote your business or brand on Instagram.

Introducing the fiverr platform where you can promote, design, and edit your Instagram with expert freelancers today.

The higher you boost and promote your brand the higher your business grows and the more you earn money.

Begin to promote your brand on Instagram here. https://go.fiverr.com/visit/?bta=327621&brand=fiverrcpa&landingPage=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fiverr.com%2Fstores%2Finstagram%3Futm_source%3Daffiliates_minisite%26utm_medium%3Dnav_bar%26utm_campaign%3Dtop_nav_bar%26_ga%3D2.259108042.1743993225.1642071508-1535686326.1639434107
Re: Onuachu Becomes First Nigerian To Win Belgian Golden Shoe by Ololanla: 8:30am On Jan 14, 2022
Congratulations
Re: Onuachu Becomes First Nigerian To Win Belgian Golden Shoe by merits(m): 8:30am On Jan 14, 2022
Congrats bro

Re: Onuachu Becomes First Nigerian To Win Belgian Golden Shoe by SmartPolician: 8:30am On Jan 14, 2022
Enoch3721:
Another AFCON miss, dis bobo just day score anyhow for DAT him league

Do Belgian clubs win champions league?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onuachu Becomes First Nigerian To Win Belgian Golden Shoe by DropsMic(m): 8:30am On Jan 14, 2022
Cool
Re: Onuachu Becomes First Nigerian To Win Belgian Golden Shoe by Pele10: 8:32am On Jan 14, 2022
Congratz bro keep flying the flag.
Re: Onuachu Becomes First Nigerian To Win Belgian Golden Shoe by everythinggirly(f): 8:34am On Jan 14, 2022
Congratulations to him.
Re: Onuachu Becomes First Nigerian To Win Belgian Golden Shoe by wishful088: 8:37am On Jan 14, 2022
Good news...

I hope and pray I get celebrated someday. I'm losing it. The level of hunger ,pain hardship and hopelessness in this country is mind blowing and personally I am fed up of everything. I haven't even had decent meal in 4 days. Someone should kindly help me with 1K just to survive or get by. I'm indeed perplexed and might not make it pass this phase.

Most grateful

Uba

1 Like

Re: Onuachu Becomes First Nigerian To Win Belgian Golden Shoe by Kaolaniyi(m): 8:38am On Jan 14, 2022
Congrat our own onachu
Re: Onuachu Becomes First Nigerian To Win Belgian Golden Shoe by Bdugod: 8:40am On Jan 14, 2022
Congratulations
Re: Onuachu Becomes First Nigerian To Win Belgian Golden Shoe by akanbiaa(m): 8:42am On Jan 14, 2022
Nice
Re: Onuachu Becomes First Nigerian To Win Belgian Golden Shoe by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 14, 2022
SmartPolician:

Do Belgian clubs win champions league?
its quite difficult for them but maybe just maybe one day they may win it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala Scores Bay FC's First Ever Goal As They Beat Angel City 1-0 / Super Eagles Striker, Taiwo Awoniyi Makes Bundesliga Team Of The Week / 'Ronaldo' Is The Third Most Searched Word On Google In Italy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.