Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,671 members, 7,801,934 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

The Success Of "udeme" Guinness Advert - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Success Of "udeme" Guinness Advert (5987 Views)

SPECTRE Breaks Guinness World Records For The Largest Film Stunt Explosion! / Guiness Advert: “My Friend Udeme” Vs “My Brother Femi” / Guinness 'Friend Or Foe' Game Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Success Of "udeme" Guinness Advert by Gamine(f): 6:36pm On Jul 30, 2007
That Advert was soo succesful

pple hav now transformed guiness to 'udeme'

many pple i know hate it but they still talk about it.

To all those Named Udeme, una dooooo oh, grin
Re: The Success Of "udeme" Guinness Advert by Saddam: 3:58am On Jul 31, 2007
Gamine:

That Advert was soo succesful

people hav now transformed guiness to 'udeme'

many people i know hate it but they still talk about it.

To all those Named Udeme, una dooooo oh, grin

U must be a drunkard,
Re: The Success Of "udeme" Guinness Advert by sammy6(m): 6:00am On Jul 31, 2007
Guys now even refer to themselves as Udeme
Re: The Success Of "udeme" Guinness Advert by Gamine(f): 1:11pm On Jul 31, 2007
Its really amazing tho

who knoes the outfit that ran that advert

1 Like

Re: The Success Of "udeme" Guinness Advert by gbadex1(m): 4:56pm On Jul 31, 2007
Sepe Incoporated Ltd in conjunction with Paraga Services Ltd. . . .cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Success Of "udeme" Guinness Advert by osereka(m): 6:13pm On Jul 31, 2007
see person de pose bcous him de shark beer
ol boy na your liver you de play with so
Re: The Success Of "udeme" Guinness Advert by Gamine(f): 7:09pm On Jul 31, 2007
Cant u guys be serious!

Whol knows, pray tell
Re: The Success Of "udeme" Guinness Advert by drchic(f): 12:20pm On Aug 03, 2007
i agree with u o! I dont drink, neither do i support excessive consumption of alchoholic beverages, but a good ad is a good ad!, my friend Udeme is a wise man,
Its just too catchy!
Re: The Success Of "udeme" Guinness Advert by naijagal(f): 3:58pm On Aug 03, 2007
gbade. x:

Sepe Incoporated Ltd in conjunction with Paraga Services Ltd. . . .cheesy

@gbade. x haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
dis is too funny grin

1 Like

Re: The Success Of "udeme" Guinness Advert by nedujizzy(m): 4:11pm On Aug 03, 2007
@ saddam
its amazing how people go out of their way to insult others unnecesarily in NAIRALAND, i wonder
Re: The Success Of "udeme" Guinness Advert by Gamine(f): 6:01pm On Aug 04, 2007
@nedujizzy

dont mind em bad belle people,

i just asked a simple question they no wan answer
Re: The Success Of "udeme" Guinness Advert by DisGuy: 10:58pm On Aug 05, 2007
can you post the ad for us to see? undecided
Re: The Success Of "udeme" Guinness Advert by jemit(m): 4:33pm On Aug 06, 2007
dat advert was crazy. though i strongly oppose alcoholism, i commend them for the advert. another nice advert is that of star which just started showing on channels tv.

i would like to know what firms were involved in the advert productions.
Re: The Success Of "udeme" Guinness Advert by gbadex1(m): 5:58pm On Aug 06, 2007
I thought i gave the names of the reponsible. By the way Ponrale Boys and Area dem a.k.a NUTRW handled logistics. . .with a lot of shandi of course cheesy cheesy
Re: The Success Of "udeme" Guinness Advert by Gamine(f): 4:57pm On Aug 07, 2007
dis guy,
the ad is on tv not print

Gbade.X

just lipsrsealed

ok!
Re: The Success Of "udeme" Guinness Advert by gbadex1(m): 11:37pm On Aug 07, 2007
Of i course i know it's on tv!!

Did i forget to make note that some kpoli was involved as per refreshment for them menboys? A lot of obe, if you know what i mean? cheesy
Re: The Success Of "udeme" Guinness Advert by moondust(m): 2:05pm On Aug 08, 2007
jemit:

that advert was crazy. though i strongly oppose alcoholism, i commend them for the advert. another nice advert is that of star which just started showing on channels tv.

i would like to know what firms were involved in the advert productions.

Udeme- S.O & You Saatchi & Saatchi (used 2 work there. Also the name of the MD is Udeme,  wink

Star- LOWE LINTAS

Thanks a lot seun because one can no longer abbreviate the leter u without gettin a "you"
Re: The Success Of "udeme" Guinness Advert by Gamine(f): 3:34pm On Aug 08, 2007
wunderful.
Re: The Success Of "udeme" Guinness Advert by moondust(m): 4:57pm On Aug 08, 2007
wats wonderful? undecided
Re: The Success Of "udeme" Guinness Advert by DisGuy: 5:12pm On Aug 08, 2007
if it's on TV then it should be online or 'uploadable' cheesy

can anyone please upload it on youtube or something? cheers
Re: The Success Of "udeme" Guinness Advert by uchetobi(f): 10:32am On Aug 09, 2007
Yea I agree the ad was successful, but I don’t like it sha, I think its too long but then all Guinness ads are long but then iv never liked any Guinness ad
Re: The Success Of "udeme" Guinness Advert by denex: 11:54am On Aug 09, 2007
The advert did not make much sense in relation to what it was portraying and it was ever so present. That's what made it so popular. It's a technique that MTV has been using for years and it works.

As long as the advert does not make sense to you, yet you see it all the time, you'll keep thinking about it, trying to make sense of it. And that's how it maintains it's presence in your mind.

I don't believe that advert was shot for Nigeria or in Nigeria. They must have only just done the voice over. That's what those multinational companies operating in Africa usually do. They just shoot an advert in Kenya and translate various other languages and names to fit other countries.

CELTEL
UNILEVER
COCA COLA
GUINNESS
NOKIA.

So my friend Udeme, might well be

my friend Mponsah in Ghana.
my friend Mbela in South Africa or
mon ami Djemba.
Re: The Success Of "udeme" Guinness Advert by otuwe(f): 12:23pm On Aug 09, 2007
dr chic:

my friend Udeme is a wise man,
Its just too catchy!

do u know wat u just said.

pppuuuuuuuuuuuulllllllease
dat ad is so annoyingly frustrating.

piece of lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The Success Of "udeme" Guinness Advert by Gamine(f): 7:27pm On Aug 09, 2007
whether u hate it or not

u still talk about

Successful ad fo so! smiley
Re: The Success Of "udeme" Guinness Advert by cammax7(m): 11:50pm On Aug 09, 2007
Yes oh. The ad has been very successful. I just finished watching it and it surprised me how i knew all the words. I like the heineken ad too. Smart guy. We just dont know his name.
Re: The Success Of "udeme" Guinness Advert by uchetobi(f): 8:25am On Aug 10, 2007
Yes its amazing I know all the wordings but I hate the advert
Re: The Success Of "udeme" Guinness Advert by denex: 8:42am On Aug 10, 2007
I really detest that advert very much but I know everything about it and it's just stock in my mind.
Re: The Success Of "udeme" Guinness Advert by uchetobi(f): 8:55am On Aug 10, 2007
That’s the definition of a successful advert. LOL
Re: The Success Of "udeme" Guinness Advert by kevin96(m): 1:04pm On Aug 10, 2007
i dont see any thing good about this so called udeme advert.
i dont even think i can like it,just too dull for me
Re: The Success Of "udeme" Guinness Advert by dukforever(m): 2:02pm On Aug 10, 2007
Successful! cheesy
cos u still know it.
Re: The Success Of "udeme" Guinness Advert by Gamine(f): 2:19pm On Aug 10, 2007
True.
Re: The Success Of "udeme" Guinness Advert by otuwe(f): 3:37pm On Aug 10, 2007
my friend udeme is a great man.

wen he was in school his teacher asked where he'd like to be wen he grows up

there he said and he was true to his words

bla bla bla bla blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

my friend udeme is a great man but then there is a touch of greatness in everyman.

so wat exactly is successsful about the rambling of an old man.

infact wat do u call successful.

did it accomplish its aim as an advert.

did it make people start buying guiness instead of gulder.

i doubt it. . .

but one thing i know, interms of entertainment the sucess rate is

[size=18pt]z
e
r
o[/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Just How Much Do Movie Scripts Cost In Ghana And Nigeria? / [ASK]Ask Me For Url To Watch And Download Any Movie Now, / Name A Movie You Watched Five Times But Still Didn't Get Bored

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.