Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:43 PM

If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. - Culture (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. (116528 Views)

Cross Cultural Marriage:interesting Tweets From White Lady Married To A Nigerian / Historical Sites In The Bende And Cross River Regions (photos) / Meeting! Topic: Is Our Culture A Curse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by jamace(m): 7:23am On Jun 17, 2012
E tie do o.
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by jamace(m): 7:25am On Jun 29, 2012
Ufan, mbufo edu ke mmong?
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by jamace(m): 2:38am On Jul 16, 2012
sad sad
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by jamace(m): 5:23pm On Jul 24, 2012
Where are my people, mbok? cheesy
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by odumchi: 6:16am On Aug 01, 2012
Abasi mbok!

How now?
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by jamace(m): 9:56am On Aug 07, 2012
Odumchi, eme di o. Idemfo o? cheesy
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by mojounited(m): 11:17pm On Aug 09, 2012
Ekom do
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by jamace(m): 10:09am On Aug 11, 2012
Mbok, e bong akam eno mbon Bakassi.
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by jamace(m): 6:22pm On Sep 09, 2012
Ekom doooo, mbon nyin. kiss
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by achi4u(m): 11:55am On Sep 10, 2012
Akan:

very true, i used to school in Abakaliki, the amount of times i had to run for dear life because of cannibals, nna men nah God wey save me.

@idummy
The only thing that puts a smile on the faces of the people of Bakassi is the knowledge that they dont have to say they come from the same country as the moronic igbos. The rest of us have to suffer that misfortune
@Akan

what do you mean by you schooled at Abakaliki and you use to run for your dear life bla bla bla,did abakaliki ppl eat human as you're trying to assert....
just explain urself before egbeeligwe enie gi na ndu?
anuofia
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by achi4u(m): 12:08pm On Sep 10, 2012
I think this thread were aimed at bringing those minorities,those that their voice were unheared,people that were forgoten in nigeria language equation but some lowlifers started by poking their leprosy finger on other tribes.

Is this how Igbos manages their own thread?
Am not against you guyz from copying what is good from others,
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by adiahaobong: 5:35pm On Sep 19, 2012
Please do not tell, enem mmi imam eti eti..
snazzydawn: not telling
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by adiahaobong: 5:49pm On Sep 19, 2012
Obong owo kpong ikom mbakara kanga, mo dung ke obio owo isua itiaita, nkwe ebiet eke nwetde iko obio mmi, ekpedi ame nnyene ima ono uneghe ye nte mmo ewetde mkpo ke efak mmo, mbok ete ka do... Esit enem mmi eti eti, okposukedi idighe kpukpuru owo mmi ewet eti nkpo, imebuana nkpo kiet, oro edi usem, owo ama ewet nkpo, afo umagha, nnam enye odiongo ke iko obio nnyin, kpong ikom mbakara yak, mmenim nte kpukpuru owo mmi efiok ikom mbakara, ku udi udi kpep nnyin usem. Sosongo, Oyo bab obio, uwe, kongkongkong ukpabio! iyayo,! Akwa Ibom Isongo, Iya!, Eket Idiodiongooo, Anang Mma!, Akpakib Oro, Kpukpuru owo eke esemde usem emi, mmokom mbufooo! Etie ke Ima..
achi4u: I think this thread were aimed at bringing those minorities,those that their voice were unheared,people that were forgoten in nigeria language equation but some lowlifers started by poking their leprosy finger on other tribes.

Is this how Igbos manages their own thread?
Am not against you guyz from copying what is good from others,

1 Like

Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by odumchi: 1:33am On Sep 20, 2012
There's an Efik song that my grandmother taught me that is about kids defecating on plantain leaves lol. Although I can't remember the entire song, I recall that the ending goes like this (excuse my butchered Efik):

Tọ ri nwai tọ nkpọ

I was wondering if anyone knew the full song.
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by achi4u(m): 10:48am On Sep 20, 2012
adiahaobong: Obong owo kpong ikom mbakara kanga, mo dung ke obio owo isua itiaita, nkwe ebiet eke nwetde iko obio mmi, ekpedi ame nnyene ima ono uneghe ye nte mmo ewetde mkpo ke efak mmo, mbok ete ka do... Esit enem mmi eti eti, okposukedi idighe kpukpuru owo mmi ewet eti nkpo, imebuana nkpo kiet, oro edi usem, owo ama ewet nkpo, afo umagha, nnam enye odiongo ke iko obio nnyin, kpong ikom mbakara yak, mmenim nte kpukpuru owo mmi efiok ikom mbakara, ku udi udi kpep nnyin usem. Sosongo, Oyo bab obio, uwe, kongkongkong ukpabio! iyayo,! Akwa Ibom Isongo, Iya!, Eket Idiodiongooo, Anang Mma!, Akpakib Oro, Kpukpuru owo eke esemde usem emi, mmokom mbufooo! Etie ke Ima..
speaking in tonguegringrin
aka abrakatabra.kpom
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by AXG: 5:17pm On Sep 21, 2012
check this out - "INSTANT IBIBIO", an English - Ibibio dictionary, with over 9000 entries. Election, condom and new world words included with tone marks and sample sentences.

Example: persuading and emphatic word that proceeds a verb - kap. & GO - kaa USED AS - go..(persuading the addressed) - kap kaa.

To view ,go google.com and search - "instant ibibio". Purchase online or contact 08023197303 , 08038531027 ,axgltd@yahoo.com

Ibibio isongo !
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by jamace(m): 8:29pm On Sep 23, 2012
Mbok eyak nyin inam uyom. Akwa Ibom state anam isua 25! cheesy grin cool

https://www.nairaland.com/1055840/akwa-ibom-25-happy-silver
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by stephybabe(f): 5:43pm On Sep 25, 2012
Efik isongo
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by castrokins(m): 9:32pm On Oct 03, 2012
follow @speakibibio of twitter. they're doing a super job helping Akwa Ibomites with the language
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by jamace(m): 7:13am On Oct 11, 2012
^^Follow us here too. grin
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by jamace(m): 3:56pm On Oct 27, 2012
cool
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by EzePromoe: 6:28am On Oct 28, 2012
ikonmi erierie ntoo! cool
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by ifyalways(f): 11:51am On Oct 30, 2012
Me'siere my people.

I watched the movie "uya" last night and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thumbs up to. Nse. Please can anyone recommend more lovely Ibibio/Efik movies for me.
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by jamace(m): 7:10am On Nov 01, 2012
^^^Ekom odu ye afo nte ke afo amade nyin. Mbok ka iso. cool

For movies request, unfortunately, I'm very poor at that. I will be glad to see somebody else satisfy your desire. Cheers.
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by jamace(m): 12:02am On Nov 03, 2012
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by ifyalways(f): 11:59am On Nov 03, 2012
jamace: ^^^Ekom odu ye afo nte ke afo amade nyin. Mbok ka iso. cool

For movies request, unfortunately, I'm very poor at that. I will be glad to see somebody else satisfy your desire. Cheers.
amenam oboho.
Sosongo!

The Uyai movie was really nice.
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by EzePromoe: 12:51pm On Nov 03, 2012
ifyalways: amenam oboho.
Sosongo!

shocked So you can speak too, ok, i'm just watching. Efik/Ibibio ayaya
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by jamace(m): 3:19pm On Nov 10, 2012
ifyalways: amenam oboho.
Sosongo!

Akamba mma, emem odu ye afo. cool
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by Raxxye(m): 11:36pm On Nov 13, 2012
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by jamace(m): 8:52pm On Nov 16, 2012
Uwem abadidie, ndito ete?
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by ifyalways(f): 2:08pm On Nov 18, 2012
jamace:

Akamba mma, emem odu ye afo. cool
yak emem Abasi odu ye afo nko.

Amin.
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by jamace(m): 11:48am On Nov 21, 2012
ifyalways: yak emem Abasi odu ye afo nko.

Amin.
Ye afo nde, akamba mma. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Simple Yoruba Words / Phrases And Sentences? / Yoruba Mythology / Ogoja, Cross River Where Cameroonian Mothers Iron Their Daughter's Breast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.