Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 (8023 Views)

Poll: Who Wins The Men's Title?

Rafael Nadal: 41% (10 votes)
Novak Djokovic: 25% (6 votes)
Roger Federer: 25% (6 votes)
Andy Murray: 8% (2 votes)
Other: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon / Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match / Tennis: Wimbledon 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 25, 2011
dominique:

these women and their inconsistencies. rave of the moment Li Na gets knocked out, the Williams sisters are not up to their game this season. it won't  surprise me one bit if an unseeded baby clinch the trophy.

Watch the game instead of merely commenting. The winner on the women's side will come from V. Williams, S. Williams, Sharapova, Azarenka, Kvitova or Wozniacki. All are seeded.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by member67023: 7:54am On Jun 26, 2011
Interesting plays on Nadal Vs Muller and Djokovic Vs Baghdatis matches.
It looks like its not going to be easy for the top 4 seeds. Are they struggling to survive?
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by FOD(m): 8:12am On Jun 26, 2011
Fourth Round Fixtures:

Men

Rafael Nadal (ESP) vs. Juan Martín Del Potro (ARG)
Mardy Fish (USA) vs. Tomáš Berdych (CZE)
Andy Murray (SCO) vs. Richard Gasquet (FRA)
Lukasz Kubot (POL) vs. Feliciano López (ESP)
David Ferrer (ESP) vs. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA)
Mikhail Youzhny (RUS) vs. Roger Federer (SUI)
Bernard Tomic (AUS) vs. Xavier Malisse (BEL)
Michaël Llodra (FRA) vs. Novak Djokovic (SRB)

Women:

Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) vs. Dominika Cibulková (SVK)
Shuai Peng (CHN) vs. Maria Sharapova (RUS)
Sabine Lisicki (GER) vs. Petra Cetkovská (CZE)
Marion Bartoli (FRA) vs. Serena Williams (USA)
Tamira Paszek (AUT) vs. Ksenia Pervak (RUS)
Nadia Petrova (RUS) vs. Victoria Azarenka (BLR)
Petra Kvitova (CZE) vs. Yanina Wickmayer (BEL)
Venus Williams (USA) vs. Tsvetana Pironkova (BUL)
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 26, 2011
nakedwire:

Interesting plays on Nadal Vs Muller and Djokovic Vs Baghdatis matches.
It looks like its not going to be easy for the top 4 seeds. Are they struggling to survive?

It shows you how good these guys really are. Gilles Muller and Baghdatis probably played their best matches of the year and still lost (Muller lost 6-0 in the third set). Most other players have nothing to lose when they play the top 4 so they go all out swinging from the first serve. To many of them, merely recording a victory against a Federer, Djokovic or Nadal is as good as winning a grand slam these days.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by dominique(f): 5:25pm On Jun 26, 2011
davidylan:

Do people watch tennis only during the slams?

Serena in particular has not played any tennis in over 10 months! Coming back from a foot injury and surgery for an embolism. . . and you're claiming she is "not up to her game" this season? The same woman who just thrashed Maria Kirilenko 2 and 3 to reach the round of 16? lol *shaking my head*

the post was made before she won that match. anyone can see they were both a bit rusty in their first round matches cos they've not been active for a while now

singling out my posts again abi? SMH
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by makintade(m): 6:30pm On Jun 26, 2011
Sorry for going off your topic. FOD, I made a post on Startups under the Money/Business section and i was auto banned.

My username is: E_force

Thanks
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by sayso: 1:10pm On Jun 27, 2011
pls any link for wimbledon,cannot watch the match and this is my second favorite behind Messi
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by member67023: 2:47pm On Jun 27, 2011
sayso:

pls any link for wimbledon,cannot watch the match and this is my second favorite behind Messi
I dont know about watching but you can listen to the radio commentary live at

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/interactive/radio/index.html

Or follow IBM pointstream on the same website.

For selected matches only.

Enjoy.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by harmeenut: 2:52pm On Jun 27, 2011
It's looking like Serena comeback might be ended too soon. Bartoli is on fire and the long absence is taking its toll on Serena
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by sayso: 3:19pm On Jun 27, 2011
now you see what lack of practice can do to you.SERENA please take tennis serious and you will become my favorite SERENA SLAM.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by harmeenut: 3:46pm On Jun 27, 2011
^^^^ I dont want to believe she's not taking tennis seriously, It was an absence based on uncontrollable factors (various physical injuries) and when you come back from a long absence, you dont get to peak at once. Hope Venus can redeem the Williams' image against Pironka who seems to be in control now. I always have more confidence in the younger Willliams
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by A40(m): 4:09pm On Jun 27, 2011
Like say I know say Bartoli go change am for Serena. Smh
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by JeSoul(f): 4:25pm On Jun 27, 2011
Looks like Venus might also be on her way out the way this game is going sad
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by harmeenut: 4:29pm On Jun 27, 2011
Will Wozniacki ever win a grand slam?
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by harmeenut: 4:47pm On Jun 27, 2011
@ Jesoul,
I think she's gone already. I can't see a comeback at 5-2 down when you are not Nadal, Djoko or baba Ineji cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by JeSoul(f): 4:55pm On Jun 27, 2011
^ and she's gone angry Well, its their first tourney back, we can't blame them for running out of steam.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by A40(m): 6:31pm On Jun 27, 2011
sayso:

now you see what lack of practice can do to you.SERENA please take tennis serious and you will become my favorite SERENA SLAM.
Haba nau someone that suffered a life-threatening bloodclot. So 13 grandslams is not serious ni?

T
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by A40(m): 6:58pm On Jun 27, 2011
Del Potro is a problem oh. Thankfully Nadal picks set 1 after over an hour
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by OlaRay4(m): 7:38pm On Jun 27, 2011
Haba nau someone that suffered a life-threatening bloodclot. So 13 grandslams is not serious ni?

I honestly believe if she really took her career serious she would have surpass Chris Evert and Navarltilova on 18 but due to other commitments and the death of the sister,
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by dominique(f): 7:46pm On Jun 27, 2011
anyone wathcing the Nadal/Delportro match? Juan martin is really giving Rafa a run for his money title. but looks like he's losing his footing this third set. Nadal for the victory jor! smiley

@ola-ray

lets get real. no woman in today's tennis will ever surpass Narvatilova's record. maybe someone later in the future.

davidylan:

Watch the game instead of merely commenting. The winner on the women's side will come from V. Williams, S. Williams, Sharapova, Azarenka, Kvitova or Wozniacki. All are seeded.

wink
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 27, 2011
^^^ grin grin grin

I still have 3 in the running. Check back on saturday.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by Iysayah(m): 7:51pm On Jun 27, 2011
dominique:

anyone wathcing the Nadal/Delportro match? Juan martin is really giving Rafa a run for his money title. but looks like he's losing his footing this third set. Nadal for the victory jor! smiley

wink
yeah, really tough tennis. i realy dont like the way Nadal is playing today, kinda making lots of mistakes and staying on the line too often. Del is so good but now he is injured too. i wanna see how it ends, cant bear to see Nadal out so early!
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by harmeenut: 7:58pm On Jun 27, 2011
Fed should just finish this up in this 4th set against Youzhniy. The guy na big server & can hurt if he gets the chance to play the 5th deciding set. Not seeing that though
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by Iysayah(m): 8:00pm On Jun 27, 2011
why Rafa is playing this bad makes me wanna hit him with his bat angry
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 27, 2011
Iysayah:

why Rafa is playing this bad makes me wanna hit him with his bat angry

1. He is playing very good tennis but is up against:

a. foot injury
b. a top 5 grandslam winner.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by A40(m): 8:06pm On Jun 27, 2011
Del potro soldiers on and it seems we are in for a long night
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 27, 2011
Del Potro is solid on serve! It will be hard to break him today.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by Iysayah(m): 8:08pm On Jun 27, 2011
davidylan:

1. He is playing very good tennis but is up against:

a. foot injury
b. a top 5 grandslam winner.
his forehand has really being bad! i have never seen him this bad.He hardly holds del's serve! Del too is injured-with hip injury!
he should just finish this off! moroever, Del has been off tennis for a while until recently.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 27, 2011
Iysayah:

his forehand has really being bad! i have never seen him this bad.He hardly holds del's serve! Del too is injured-with hip injury!
he should just finish this off! moroever, Del has been off tennis for a while until recently.

then you havent been watching any tennis. He was downright diabolical in his first Rome masters match this year to Paolo Lorenzi.

His forehand is firing, he's only up against an equally good retriever.
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by Iysayah(m): 8:11pm On Jun 27, 2011
davidylan:

Del Potro is solid on serve! It will be hard to break him today.
that guy's serve is life threatening. i fear for my TV screen.  embarassed
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by OlaRay4(m): 8:11pm On Jun 27, 2011
lets get real. no woman in today's tennis will ever surpass Narvatilova's record. maybe someone later in the future.

Narvatilova is on 18, Steffi Graff is on 22, Serena is on 13, a full fit Serena could easily win both Australia and Wimbledon, French! well she could kiss that one good bye, the US Open well Kim normally stands in her way, She could easily surpass both Evert and Martina
Re: Tennis: Wimbledon 2011 by A40(m): 8:12pm On Jun 27, 2011
This is a battle of the serves men

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tips180.com / How To Win Bets Using The Over 1.5 Goals Soccer Trading Strategy / Things Keshi Should Learn From Kenya's Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.