Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,548 members, 7,809,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram (13776 Views)

MASSOB To Buhari: End Fulani Herdsmen Attacks On S-east In 30days Or… / MASSOB To Jonathan: Free Rev. King, 35 Others Before May 29 / Boko Haram: Uwazuruike Urges Igbo To Return Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram by nduchucks: 8:18am On Jun 20, 2011
Wonders shall never end.

Uwazuruike, MASSOB leader threatens: I may join Boko Haram

The leader of the Movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB), Chief Ralph Uwazuruike has threatened that his group may abandon its non-violent approach and toe the line of the Boko Haram since the Federal Government understands the language of violence.

Uwazuruike, in an exclusive interview with Daily Sun in Owerri at the weekend said both groups were calling for the division of the country in different ways, saying while the Boko Haram adopted violence approach to press their demands, the latter (MASSOB) engaged in non-violent method to achieve the same objective.

According to him, it had taken MASSOB over 12 years preaching the gospel of Biafra sovereignty through non-violence, government had not deemed it necessary to invite the group for discussion but regretted that within a short space of time of the Islamic group’s bomb attack across the country, government had extended olive branch to it. “I congratulate them because it has taken me more than 12 years to preach the same language that they are saying today that Nigeria needs to be divided at least between Christians and Moslems, but the Federal Government has ignored me for 12 years.”

“Now, within a very short space of time the Boko Haram people have said the same thing I was saying through non-violence, the Federal Government has invited them and of which the group, (Boko Haram) has ignored the government and continue what they are doing.” The MASSOB leader made it clear that if he had his way, the group would join the Boko Haram and the entire nation would be in flames, since it was the only language the Federal Government understood.

“I am telling you that if I have my way now, I will join the Boko Haram and the entire country will turn into crisis, since it is what the Federal Government wants. I am saying it today that, I congratulate the Boko Haram people and I wish they will continue in their efforts and if I have my way, I will join them.” He regretted that, whenever the MASSOB embarked on a peaceful demonstration, government, through its security agencies would clamp down on them, even maiming and killing them in the process.

He, however, advised the Boko Haram not to bomb the rural areas, where common people reside, but, should focus attention on those who were clamouring for oneness of the country because of what they gained from the national treasury. He dismissed the insinuations that members of the Boko Haram group were invisible, alleging that some members of the nation’s security agencies belonged to the sect. Alleging further, the MASSOB leader said the Boko Haram were being sponsored by top politicians and business tycoons in Nigeria.

Uwazuruike, who dismissed those who claimed that members of the Islamic group were invisible, said the sect were human beings made up of flesh and blood but decided to make themselves invisible because they were committing crimes. He warned: “It is not only the Boko Haram that can throw bombs and they are not the only people that are courageous to be suicide bombers, any other person who believes in whatever he is doing can be a suicide bomber, but we are considering the fact that we can still achieve the same purpose by peaceful means without anybody dying.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/june/20/national-20-06-2011-001.html
Re: Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram by 195(f): 8:24am On Jun 20, 2011
Thank God angry angry
Re: Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram by maclatunji: 8:32am On Jun 20, 2011
Noted!
Re: Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 20, 2011
I dont think this is true, what a joke grin grin grin grin
Re: Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram by lafuria1(m): 8:35am On Jun 20, 2011
this boko haram bombs are carried out in north most especially d borno state, the northerners are really pissed off them. So when massob decides to start throwin bombs pls limit it 2 ur region and abj just like mend and boko haram.
Re: Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram by Mcleo007(m): 8:41am On Jun 20, 2011
Does anybody take anything that comes from Sun news paper seriously? Pls, i urge y'all to disregard this news or take it with a pinch of salt. kiss
Re: Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram by rolchi(m): 8:52am On Jun 20, 2011
If this is true, may God help this joker!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram by joeyfire(m): 8:54am On Jun 20, 2011
Just a comedic attempt at recognition if you ask me. Na only boko haram, why not IRA and PLO
Re: Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:55am On Jun 20, 2011
;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram by Okijajuju1(m): 8:56am On Jun 20, 2011
Uwazuike is just a retarded old fool who like Ojukwu has outlived his usefulness and is only seeking attention by promoting an old cause which many Nigerians have long since abandoned,

1 Like

Re: Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram by hakanai(m): 8:57am On Jun 20, 2011
okay o!
lets party  grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked!!!!
Can't wait to see the kinda violence MASSOB will use.Maybe nuke or Ariel bombardment.As you got to land in style cool cool cool else you go look small. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I think your disclosure should already have the SSS swamping your Azz.I also know your leaders are still alive and identifiable.
Re: Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram by saintneo(m): 8:58am On Jun 20, 2011
Uwazurike . . .  I beg you. Please, when you commence your bombing, do not include any part where people reside. Offices, political houses, etc.
Re: Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram by Ournaija: 9:06am On Jun 20, 2011
Boko Haram + Massob + OPC + MEND = Nigeristan

I wonder how a country will survive with all this groups.

1 Like

Re: Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram by badpeople: 9:11am On Jun 20, 2011
Uwazurike, may be u ar sick, the other time dat Obasanjo locked you up, u were begging for release, now u are formenting another trouble, gud for u
Re: Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram by ushafe(m): 9:13am On Jun 20, 2011
is highly appreciated, boko haram have started  massob is warming up so niger delta militant and opc dont be caught unware, so federal government the only way out is to divide the country
Re: Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram by omodapson(m): 9:24am On Jun 20, 2011
I don't have any problem with his approach as long as his action is directed towards his people.
Re: Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram by 1025: 9:25am On Jun 20, 2011
Does anybody take anything that comes from Sun news paper seriously? Pls, i urge y'all to disregard this news or take it with a pinch of salt

@Mcleo007,
if you actually typed what we have above, is either u are high on something or u need to see a doctor.

@topic,
i know this is where jonathan/sambo fresh air will land us. there is anarchy at high and low places and this is the idea of the controversial emergence of jonathan.
in the presence of all these problems, every attention will be shifted away from all the criminal activities of the past administrations.
i am feeling that jonathan will end up at the wrong side of history.
Re: Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram by chamber2(m): 9:34am On Jun 20, 2011
I wonder why any right thinking human being would see this as a joke.If it were in other countries that are security conscious the so called Uwazuruike would be cooling his ass at the SSS office by now for even contemplating joining boko .When Mend started everybody thought it was a joke until the situation became uncontrollable.When boko haram started Nigerians and Nigerian govt thought it was a joke too, but now the so called govt wants to negotiate with a terrorist group.

which serious govt in this modern time takes the security of her citizens for granted?Which govt in the world compromises and negotiates with terrorist group?I am beginning to doubt the genuineness of the gej led govt to protect the lives and properties of the Nigerian citizen.Maybe we should start moving to Benin Rep. before becomes late.
Re: Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram by Ekpoma1: 9:43am On Jun 20, 2011
Nice move that would be. O ya lets go bomb them all.
Re: Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram by chamber2(m): 9:46am On Jun 20, 2011
Nice move that would be. O ya lets go bomb them all.

Maybe we should start from your compound
Re: Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram by Limaoscar: 9:47am On Jun 20, 2011
Let them Join Boko STEWPID Haram na when GEJ finish with all of them na Sob them go dey sob not only MASSOB.
Re: Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram by goggs(m): 9:54am On Jun 20, 2011
Cheap publicity! Imagine talking about dividing Nigeria into christians and moslem. Just like the boko haram, who want an islamic state, their demand shows a wrapped sense of thinking which many will not think through but support. There are christians in yobe, borno, kebbi etc all mixed with muslims, not to talk of the south west. I want change in the this country is run but i am yet to see how some of these groups can bring change
Re: Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram by ak47mann(m): 10:04am On Jun 20, 2011
Nigerian government you want this country to still be in one union you have stop corruption invest in security schools create jobs you will see problem solved cool cool cool
Re: Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram by MMM2(m): 10:12am On Jun 20, 2011
it will be better and good 4 him. angry
Re: Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram by femmy2010(m): 10:14am On Jun 20, 2011
hmm
Re: Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram by juman(m): 10:14am On Jun 20, 2011
Ournaija:

Boko Haram + Massob + OPC + MEND = Nigeristan

I wonder how a country will survive with all this groups.

ushafe:

is highly appreciated, boko haram have started  massob is warming up so niger delta militant and opc dont be caught unware, so federal government the only way out is to divide the country
Re: Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram by tEsLim(m): 10:14am On Jun 20, 2011
Boko Haram + Massob + OPC + MEND

I was thinking the country was just gonna split into 3 - igbo , hausa, yoruba , but thats four. I think they better look into it properly. So four sovereign state bokorian, biafrian, oduduan, mendian cheesy , well we should split. We can't progress with the internet division. Look at europe its like the countries are split per language. It easier for a country to progress when everyone understands each other and have same goals. Not a confused state like Nigeria hausa wants something else so do igbo and yoruba
Re: Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram by nokia3310: 10:16am On Jun 20, 2011
Dividing the country into two!

What about the Christians in the North?
What about the Muslims in the SW?

Mr. Uwazuruike you've just claimed the title of the most stupid person in Nigeria.
Re: Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram by chidyke77(m): 10:25am On Jun 20, 2011
Lets see wat GEJ cn achieve b4 talkin abt division.
Re: Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram by AkanA1(m): 10:26am On Jun 20, 2011
"Our Strength lies in our Diversity"
I think this statement will be put 2 the highest level of test. Let's wait and c how it goes, at this rate naija will crumble very soon,
Re: Massob To Join Boko Haram - Uwazuruike, Leader Threatens: I May Join Boko Haram by honeric01(m): 10:31am On Jun 20, 2011
This is what happens when you have a puppet at the helm of affairs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Again, IMF Warns Nigeria Against Rising Debts / Sokoto: PRP Collapses Party Structures, Candidates Join APC / Yaya Boni Defeats Gej To Become AU Chairman.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.