Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,499 members, 7,808,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly (8007 Views)

My Online Dating Experience. / Help! She Is Too Ugly For My Liking / I Would Want To Marry Her But She Is Too Ugly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by snowdrops(m): 4:14pm On Jun 20, 2011
odiaero:

Lol, my bad, black accepted, my registration was approved few minutes ago grin grin
story story story.
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by YoursGEJ(m): 4:16pm On Jun 20, 2011
All this people wey dey tell us say dem accept una, so what? Na visa lottery una win. Make una no let me verify una claims o. Because i know say OBJ fine pass some of una. Any small opportunity, people go use am show off. Mtchewwww
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by executinal(m): 4:26pm On Jun 20, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
This is beyond apology. I think the poster were rejected cheesy
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by Jackieugo(f): 4:32pm On Jun 20, 2011
Ekpoma1:

Why the unnecessary fuzz or were u rejected?

Nope! I'm not single anyway. Why would I go to such a site? angry
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 20, 2011
denzel2009:

They will never accept you with that your face like asphalt and head like Bash Alli's fist.

Lol, chatting live now grin
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 20, 2011
Tips to register: Better Edit ur foto neatly, and i use my overseas address, only seen two naija so far
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by Jbenue: 5:12pm On Jun 20, 2011
[b]all u people are liars nobody accepted you, [/b]gadgets
Dating Site Dumps 30,000 People for Being Ugly, Gets Hit by Virus
By Graeme McMillan on June 20, 2011

BeautifulPeople.com

0 0
Share 0diggsdiggBuzz it MOREAdd to my:
del.icio.us Technorati reddit Google Bookmarks Mixx StumbleUpon Blog this on:
TypePad LiveJournal Blogger WordPress MySpace
Related Tags: Beautiful People, BeautifulPeople.com, Poor Uglies, Shrek, viruses

It's difficult being one of the beautiful people; not only do you have to deal with those less attractive than you in real life, apparently people get upset when you ban them from your beauty-exclusive dating sites for not being attractive enough, too. Life can be so unfair.

The problem for BeautifulPeople.com started when the dating site, which allows new members only when they have been voted as beautiful enough to join by the existing clientele, was attacked by a computer virus that eventually came to be called "Shrek."

(MORE: New Dating Site Lets You Bid on Attractive People)

The virus worked by approving 30,000 new members to the site who hadn't been attractive enough to get approval the traditional way (who also happen to be 30,000 new members about to be booted off the site as a result of the virus being identified).

According to managing director, Greg Hodge, "We got suspicious when tens of thousands of new members were accepted over a six-week period, many of whom were no oil painting."

The site isn't being entirely callous in its dismissal of the 30,000 non-beautiful members, just partially callous. Yes, they're still being shut out of the site for not meeting subjective ideals of attractiveness decided upon by strangers with their own issues (Let's be honest; if you're joining a dating site called "Beautiful People" that requires that you be rated attractive enough in order to belong, chances are, you probably have some hang-ups about needing approval somewhere inside your head), but at least they're also getting a helpline staffed with counselors to help them through the trauma.

Hodge isn't entirely insensitive to the non-beautifuls' plight: ""I sent them all a very carefully worded email, trying to be as sensitive as possible," he said. "But naturally many of them are finding it a bit of a sting to have been rated beautiful by their peers only to lose the accolade overnight."

The total cost of the mass rejections is expected to be somewhere around $100,000. Not to mention, of course, a few broken hearts and crushed spirits along the way, as well.

Read more: http://techland.time.com/2011/06/20/dating-site-dumps-30000-people-for-being-ugly-gets-hit-by-virus/#ixzz1PpjDoMB7
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by JosephJon: 5:18pm On Jun 20, 2011
hehehehehehehehehehe
List indeed, List of what ? I am sure those whose names were removed
from the lists have cause to celebrate because I am sure that list has been
forwarded to the beast in hell and those that made the list are hell candidates.
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 20, 2011
Jbenue:

[b]all u people are liars nobody accepted you, [/b]gadgets
Dating Site Dumps 30,000 People for Being Ugly, Gets Hit by Virus
By Graeme McMillan on June 20, 2011

BeautifulPeople.com

0 0
Share 0diggsdiggBuzz it   MOREAdd to my:
del.icio.us Technorati reddit Google Bookmarks Mixx StumbleUpon Blog this on:
TypePad LiveJournal Blogger WordPress MySpace
Related Tags: Beautiful People, BeautifulPeople.com, Poor Uglies, Shrek, viruses

It's difficult being one of the beautiful people; not only do you have to deal with those less attractive than you in real life, apparently people get upset when you ban them from your beauty-exclusive dating sites for not being attractive enough, too. Life can be so unfair.

The problem for BeautifulPeople.com started when the dating site, which allows new members only when they have been voted as beautiful enough to join by the existing clientele, was attacked by a computer virus that eventually came to be called "Shrek."

(MORE: New Dating Site Lets You Bid on Attractive People)

The virus worked by approving 30,000 new members to the site who hadn't been attractive enough to get approval the traditional way (who also happen to be 30,000 new members about to be booted off the site as a result of the virus being identified).

According to managing director, Greg Hodge, "We got suspicious when tens of thousands of new members were accepted over a six-week period, many of whom were no oil painting."

The site isn't being entirely callous in its dismissal of the 30,000 non-beautiful members, just partially callous. Yes, they're still being shut out of the site for not meeting subjective ideals of attractiveness decided upon by strangers with their own issues (Let's be honest; if you're joining a dating site called "Beautiful People" that requires that you be rated attractive enough in order to belong, chances are, you probably have some hang-ups about needing approval somewhere inside your head), but at least they're also getting a helpline staffed with counselors to help them through the trauma.

Hodge isn't entirely insensitive to the non-beautifuls' plight: ""I sent them all a very carefully worded email, trying to be as sensitive as possible," he said. "But naturally many of them are finding it a bit of a sting to have been rated beautiful by their peers only to lose the accolade overnight."

The total cost of the mass rejections is expected to be somewhere around $100,000. Not to mention, of course, a few broken hearts and crushed spirits along the way, as well.

Read more: http://techland.time.com/2011/06/20/dating-site-dumps-30000-people-for-being-ugly-gets-hit-by-virus/#ixzz1PpjDoMB7

\

Why are u crying? just because u tried 200 times and got rejected 300times grin grin grin those not mean others cant register, abeg stop crying, am just chatting with an ethopian chikala
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 20, 2011
Joseph Jon:

hehehehehehehehehehe
List indeed, List of what ? I am sure those whose names were removed
from the lists have cause to celebrate because I am sure that list has been
forwarded to the beast in hell and those that made the list are hell candidates.

Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by Jbenue: 5:22pm On Jun 20, 2011
@odiaero
I havent applied yet bro, but if i did i would be accepted trust me. as for you i dunno your name even sounds ugly.
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by alexola20(m): 5:25pm On Jun 20, 2011
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 20, 2011
Jbenue:

@odiaero
If havent applied yet bro, but if i did i would be accepted trust me. as for you i dunno your name even sounds ugly.
That my sweet name u have the guts to blab about? what about u Jailbenue name, are u in a jail in benue state?
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by Jbenue: 5:33pm On Jun 20, 2011
odiaero:

That my sweet name u have the guts to blab about? what about u Jailbenue name, are u in a jail in benue state?
That makes no sense at all, total fail
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 20, 2011
^^Na lie, so u are telling me ur name makes no sense?
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by ak47mann(m): 5:35pm On Jun 20, 2011
it sucks to be ugly cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by eghost247(m): 5:43pm On Jun 20, 2011
hahahahha
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by mafioso2(m): 6:04pm On Jun 20, 2011
I just registered Now, cool
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by shawonlese: 6:22pm On Jun 20, 2011
According to the site.

Attend exclusive parties and events

Be ‘discovered’

Be part of the largest most exclusively beautiful community in the world

Browse beautiful profiles of men and women without sifting through all the riff raff cheesy
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by tlops(m): 6:23pm On Jun 20, 2011
They will never accept you with that your face like asphalt and head like Bash Alli's fist.

you mean!
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 20, 2011
Hurray! I was instantly rejected, infact they banned my IP address.
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jun 20, 2011
J12:

Hurray! I was instantly rejected, infact they banned my IP address.

Lol, lucky me then,hahahhaahha, members have to vote you b4 u are qualified, see queue for new members waiting to be vote in or out, lol, the site just did a nice Publicity stunt
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by violent(m): 7:57pm On Jun 20, 2011
This is nothing but a publicity stunt.

Who knows about the site before?

Now they'd have a million visits in a single day,. . . .profits!!!! hulala!!!
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by Builder: 8:21pm On Jun 20, 2011
30,000 dismissed form online dating site for being too ugly. if so why are the beautiful ones single and havin to resort to online to get hooked, hmmm, me thinking some yahoozeee boyz are using beautiful men/women pics to get dem dumb and stupid white pipu to surrender their life savings again
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by Natasha2(f): 8:47pm On Jun 20, 2011
. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by Konjour(m): 10:46pm On Jun 20, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Everyday always brings its own comedy. Yesterday it was the banter and counter banter about "disgusting" things guys

do in clubs that almost made wreck my chairs with laughter, today it is one random attention-seeking website meant for beautiful people! Bet

tomorrow's headlines 'd be about a website exclusively meant for only virgins and shemales!

Buhahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!grin grin grin grin grin Zap the progenitor of such a website, why would i need a dating site to get my girl anyways?

Such projects are only going to produce unlimited loadsa ton o' shite. (My instincts told me exactly the same thing when i heard about Koko mansion for

the first time, you can't expect fellaz worth every pinch of their salt to be there). Thank God i wasn't proved wrong as evidenced by Le petite

mademoiselle Rita. grin grin grin grin grin undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Too bad the website organizers got the much-sought attention they had been craving for.

undecided
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 20, 2011
Marketting ploy. grin
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by stunna2(m): 10:59pm On Jun 20, 2011
190_@:

Reality and dsense were certainly amongst the 30,000  grin  grin

especially that d-sense that looks like a startled catfish

brutal! ouch! shocked
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jun 20, 2011
Probably this is an American site and as expected anything American involves propaganda.Americans believe they are the most beautiful thing on earth and tht they are Gods chosen ppl while non americans are the sons of the devil.
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by Squeegeez(f): 5:17am On Jun 21, 2011
I don't think there's a lot of Black people on the site, especially since it's European based. I emailed them today asking how many Blacks were accepted. Let's see if I get a response.
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by PureOhio(f): 5:23am On Jun 21, 2011
I know this isn't nice at all but I can't help but laugh at the article. I've heard of that website before though. Like my mother always says, "narcissism will get you nowhere". What a shame. Do people really need this kind of validation in oder to feel they're important? I can't help but wonder about the "rejected applicants" who tried to join this website undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tips On How To Woo Farano / Lady Exposes Her Friends Who Use Sex Charms To Trap Rich Men And Wreck Them / My Naighbour Is Beating His Sexy Wife Everyday Pics Added

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.