Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,373 members, 7,781,045 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:00 AM

30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly (7996 Views)

My Online Dating Experience. / Help! She Is Too Ugly For My Liking / I Would Want To Marry Her But She Is Too Ugly. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by Jbenue: 12:30pm On Jun 20, 2011
.Enlarge Photo.
'Ugly' Invade Dating Site For Beauties Only

A dating website that only allows "beautiful" members has had to apologise to tens of thousands of "ugly" people who were accepted by mistake.

Last month the screening process was sabotaged by a Shrek virus, meaning anyone was allowed to join, regardless of their looks.

The site's owners have now issued an apology to the 30,000 "unfortunate" people who were "wrongly admitted" to the site.

They have subsequently been banished.

"We have sincere regret for the unfortunate people who were wrongly admitted to the site and who believed, albeit for a short while, that they were beautiful," managing director Greg Hodge said.

"It must be a bitter pill to swallow, but better to have had a slice of heaven then never to have tasted it at all."

BeautifulPeople.com usually requires those looking for love to pass a strict "rating" stage where existing users vote on whether someone is attractive enough to be accepted.

"We got suspicious when tens of thousands of new members were accepted over a six-week period, many of whom were no oil painting," Mr Hodge added.

"We responded immediately, repairing the damage from the Shrek virus and putting every new member back into the rating module for a legitimate and democratic vote.

"The result is that we have lost over 30,000 recent members."

A hotline has been set up to help rejected applicants come to terms with the news.

It is not known how the Shrek virus started but it is believed a former employee may be responsible.

BeautifulPeople.com has more than 700,000 members worldwide.

On average one in seven applicants is accepted - around 5.5 million have not made the cut so far.

The majority of successful new members come from the USA, Denmark and France, it claims.

The UK is among the countries with the highest rate of rejections, alongside Russia and Poland.
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/ugly-invade-dating-beauties-only-072900678.html;_ylt=Avg5f7kJR.AMPAHNM.FKL7EUfcl_;_ylu=X3oDMTNrMHNqYzZuBHBrZwNiZWE2MWFiMi0wZjU1LTM3ZjEtOTRmOS1iMTRkMDViNjBhZjMEcG9zAzEEc2VjA01lZGlhQ2Fyb3VzZWxSZXNvdXJjZXNDQQR2ZXIDM2U4NmQyODAtOWIxMC0xMWUwLWJhZWYtNzZhZTUyYjY5YzU3;_ylg=X3oDMTJ2OWdwYTMzBGludGwDZ2IEbGFuZwNlbi1nYgRwc3RhaWQDMWMxODYzYmUtYjZmNS0zZDlmLThhNWYtNjI3MDdiZjZjMmEwBHBzdGNhdANvZGRseS1lbm91Z2gEcHQDc3RvcnlwYWdl;_ylv=3
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by upendo98(f): 12:34pm On Jun 20, 2011
pardon me but LOL!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
This is just too crazy.Lmao! my ribs.
Ah!
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by Jbenue: 12:39pm On Jun 20, 2011
I applied for the site naturally i was rejected cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
NOT !!!!!!! which self absorbed narcissistic inbred would come up with something as stupid as this site.
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by LongOne1(m): 12:51pm On Jun 20, 2011
Ha ha, nice one poster. Well that's humans for you.

In the movie 2012, they mentioned something about keeping 'genetically perfect' people to survive the destruction of the world.

In Naija it’s generally ‘I pass you’ mentality. Come to think off it, someone on nairaland once said she could not marry bald headed men.  angry

That’s why it is not possible to achieve world peace…as there will always be discrimination of some sort.
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 20, 2011
That means blacks are not allowed, dumb site
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by Jbenue: 1:23pm On Jun 20, 2011
@odiaero
Where does it say dat in d article?
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by emofine(f): 1:32pm On Jun 20, 2011
shocked

well, when one door closes

another door opens: http://www.theuglybugball.com/index.php
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 20, 2011
I would like to apply
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by joe4christ(m): 1:47pm On Jun 20, 2011
Buhahahaha, cant believe this Poo, but seriousely do u guys fink i would make it if i were to apply? Lol!
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by 195(f): 1:54pm On Jun 20, 2011
Reality and dsense were certainly amongst the 30,000 grin grin

especially that d-sense that looks like a startled catfish
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by MMM2(m): 1:56pm On Jun 20, 2011
thank GOD am sweet and sexy. wink
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by babyme1(f): 2:18pm On Jun 20, 2011
I'm a member cool
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by Iysayah(m): 2:23pm On Jun 20, 2011
J12:

I would like to apply
J12 you dont need applying, if that profile pix is U.
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by gidson12(m): 2:24pm On Jun 20, 2011
whats the name of the site pls
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by Jbenue: 2:26pm On Jun 20, 2011
beautifulpeople.com
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by gidson12(m): 2:27pm On Jun 20, 2011
whats the name of the site pls?, let me try my luck
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by Excelboi(m): 2:37pm On Jun 20, 2011
gidson12:

whats the name of the site pls?, let me try my luck
u no see nih! U asked d first time it waz posted n ur asking again, itz up dia check it
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by Jbenue: 2:40pm On Jun 20, 2011
Excelboi:

u no see nih! U asked d first time it waz posted n your asking again, itz up dia check it
lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
someone got rejected grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by gidson12(m): 2:41pm On Jun 20, 2011
^^na network o, i though my first post was not sent, i come refresh and repost again not knowing that the first one was sent,
thank jbenue make i check
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by gunpoint(m): 2:42pm On Jun 20, 2011
Chei! So dis is why I nvr got in? And d mofo had d effontery to say we are no oil paintings!  cry
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by kadman(m): 3:14pm On Jun 20, 2011
A hotline has been set up to help rejected applicants come to terms with the news.

This made my year grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 20, 2011
Lol, my bad, black accepted, my registration was approved few minutes ago grin grin
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by Jackieugo(f): 3:15pm On Jun 20, 2011
Chineke what kind of shallow nonsense is this  undecided
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by vislabraye(m): 3:43pm On Jun 20, 2011
There has to be standard. QED
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by intelligen(m): 3:44pm On Jun 20, 2011
Am so relieved,i jst registered n i was accepted,fank God,
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by claremont(m): 3:47pm On Jun 20, 2011
Just registered and created a profile as well. Now let me see the self-servicer that will reject my picture for being ugly angry angry
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by Ekpoma1: 3:51pm On Jun 20, 2011
Jackieugo:

Chineke what kind of shallow nonsense is this  undecided
Why the unnecessary fuzz or were u rejected?

1 Like

Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 20, 2011
Jbenue:

.Enlarge Photo.
'Ugly' Invade Dating Site For Beauties Only

A dating website that only allows "beautiful" members has had to apologise to tens of thousands of "ugly" people who were accepted by mistake.

Last month the screening process was sabotaged by a Shrek virus, meaning anyone was allowed to join, regardless of their looks.

The site's owners have now issued an apology to the 30,000 "unfortunate" people who were "wrongly admitted" to the site.

They have subsequently been banished.

"We have sincere regret for the unfortunate people who were wrongly admitted to the site and who believed, albeit for a short while, that they were beautiful," managing director Greg Hodge said.

"It must be a bitter pill to swallow, but better to have had a slice of heaven then never to have tasted it at all."

BeautifulPeople.com usually requires those looking for love to pass a strict "rating" stage where existing users vote on whether someone is attractive enough to be accepted.

"We got suspicious when tens of thousands of new members were accepted over a six-week period, many of whom were no oil painting," Mr Hodge added.

"We responded immediately, repairing the damage from the Shrek virus and putting every new member back into the rating module for a legitimate and democratic vote.

"The result is that we have lost over 30,000 recent members."

It is not known how the Shrek virus started but it is believed a former employee may be responsible.

BeautifulPeople.com has more than 700,000 members worldwide.

On average one in seven applicants is accepted - around 5.5 million have not made the cut so far.

The majority of successful new members come from the USA, Denmark and France, it claims.

The UK is among the countries with the highest rate of rejections, alongside Russia and Poland.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/ugly-invade-dating-beauties-only-072900678.html;_ylt=Avg5f7kJR.AMPAHNM.FKL7EUfcl_;_ylu=X3oDMTNrMHNqYzZuBHBrZwNiZWE2MWFiMi0wZjU1LTM3ZjEtOTRmOS1iMTRkMDViNjBhZjMEcG9zAzEEc2VjA01lZGlhQ2Fyb3VzZWxSZXNvdXJjZXNDQQR2ZXIDM2U4NmQyODAtOWIxMC0xMWUwLWJhZWYtNzZhZTUyYjY5YzU3;_ylg=X3oDMTJ2OWdwYTMzBGludGwDZ2IEbGFuZwNlbi1nYgRwc3RhaWQDMWMxODYzYmUtYjZmNS0zZDlmLThhNWYtNjI3MDdiZjZjMmEwBHBzdGNhdANvZGRseS1lbm91Z2gEcHQDc3RvcnlwYWdl;_ylv=3

How can an ugly person ever have anything to do with the word ''beautiful'' ? Abeg they can always creat their own site too www.uglypeople.com afterall no talent is a waste.
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by denzel2009: 3:53pm On Jun 20, 2011
odiaero:

Lol, my bad, black accepted, my registration was approved few minutes ago grin grin

They will never accept you with that your face like asphalt and head like Bash Alli's fist.
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by Ultrame(m): 4:00pm On Jun 20, 2011
denzel2009:

They will never accept you with that your face like asphalt and head like Bash Alli's fist.

Lord have mercy! una no go kill person for here o! ROFLMAO.
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by oladayo042: 4:09pm On Jun 20, 2011
~Bluetooth:

How can an ugly person ever have anything to do with the word ''beautiful'' ? Abeg they can always creat their own site too www.uglypeople.com afterall no talent is a waste.
Na so now. At least they have Mr UGLY Beauty Pageant in Zimbabwe. Those that were rejected will qualify for the 2012 Mr Ugly Pageant in Zimbabwe.
Re: 30,000 Dismissed From Online Dating Website For Being Too Ugly by MrCork17: 4:13pm On Jun 20, 2011
where they all nigerian women?  grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

People Say Am Too Skinny, Should I do some bodybuilding in the gym? / My Experience With GH Ashewo / Dirtiest Or Nastiest Thing You've Caught A Girl Do.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.