Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

Which Books Are You Currently Reading? - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Books Are You Currently Reading? (23445 Views)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by vescucci(m): 3:55pm On Oct 07, 2012
3001: The Final Odyssey.

This is the fourth book of a Arthur C. Clarke's imaginative phenomenon.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by ayox2003: 12:47am On Oct 15, 2012
Unbelievable Truths - Jeff Rovin.

Frawzey
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by ayox2003: 1:05am On Oct 30, 2012
Rich Like Them - Ryan D'agostino

Frawzey
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by ayox2003: 3:33pm On Feb 22, 2013
Zero to Breakthrough - Vernice Armour (first African American lady to fly the Cobra)

Frawzey
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Bawss1(m): 2:56pm On Apr 03, 2013
bump
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by tpia5: 5:02am On Apr 04, 2013
^why dont you post what you're reading.

@ topic

just finished there was a country.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Bawss1(m): 12:48pm On Apr 04, 2013
tpia@:
^why dont you post what you're reading.

@ topic

just finished there was a country.

I did post on a similar titled thread and then saw this one and decided to bump it too.

@ Topic

Still reading Antifragility: How to Live in a World We Don't Understand by Nicolas Taleb.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by tpia5: 4:31pm On Apr 04, 2013
^yes, saw the other thread after posting on this one.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Jakemond(m): 10:47pm On Apr 04, 2013
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by tpia5: 3:56pm On May 24, 2013
finished and the mountains echoed by khaled hosseini, quite deep but the endings arent really happy ones per se, more like bittersweet.

and, he gives this book a more american presence, unlike the first two which were majorly afghan culture.

he sounds more "white", which might be a good thing because the first two could easily make one forget afghans are still caucasian, never mind the fact that they're not european.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Fredique(m): 7:00pm On Jun 17, 2013
I'm currently reading "Last Man Standing" by David Baldacci. It's really a good read and a page turner.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by ayox2003: 3:48pm On Jun 18, 2013
^ interesting!

Frawzey
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Yasmeena(f): 3:19pm On Jun 19, 2013
Just bought "The Associate" by John Grisham. Cant wait to close from work and dig in fully.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by DNA1(f): 10:05pm On Jul 21, 2013
i am currently reading on nairaland only...
i also wrote a story...
https://www.nairaland.com/1322268/pleasant-surprise

pls do check it out..
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Janet101(f): 2:24pm On Jul 22, 2013
Nervous condition by Tsitsi Dangarembga
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by ayox2003: 11:55pm On Aug 05, 2013
Jim Collins - Great by Choice.

A 9-year research to know why some companies thrive even during financial crises while others dont. Great book for anyone who would like to start a company in the near future.

He also authored two interesting books: Built to Last and Good to Great.

Frawzey
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 12:06am On Aug 07, 2013
The Mafia Manager by Niccolo Machiavelli
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by kenny1795(m): 6:49am On Aug 07, 2013
The client- John Grisham
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Frankloon(m): 7:57pm On Nov 05, 2014
If you wanna join an Awesome whatsapp group for lovers and reader of books, from the
fantasy, romance, thriller, religious ,..., to non-fiction genre. Hit me on 08136326669 or drop your contact on this thread. We share books,
make recommendations , reviews , and share our opinions on works.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by AleshKeem(m): 9:53pm On Nov 05, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/1983333/secret-life-nigerian-teenager#27760208 hottest story on nairaland as of now....SECRET LIFE OF A NIGERIAN TEENAGER ..go check it out
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Frankloon(m): 3:36am On Nov 08, 2014
If you wanna join an Awesome whatsapp group for lovers and reader of books, from the
fantasy, romance, thriller, religious ,..., to non-fiction genre. Hit me on 08134790003 08136326669 or drop your contact on this thread. We share books,
make recommendations , reviews , and share our opinions on works.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by tpia6: 4:22am On Nov 13, 2014
Bawss1:

I did post on a similar titled thread and then saw this one and decided to bump it too.

@ Topic

Still reading Antifragility: How to Live in a World We Don't Understand by Nicolas Taleb.

what's it about?
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Bawss1(m): 6:26pm On Nov 17, 2014
tpia6:

what's it about?

It's a book that explains how some things thrive under chaos, why randomness is not as bad we have been thinking about, and how we can begin to make use of the possibilities that it offers us... The fragile is that which breaks under the effect of stressors while the Antifragile - a concept hitherto ignored by most of us, are those things that get better, improve, under the effect of stressors.

It is a brilliant book from a brilliant mind and even though I finished it sometime last year I revisit it every now and then. It's always beautiful to come across an original idea and this is certainly one.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by luvablesam(m): 10:32pm On Nov 17, 2014
Reading 'Rat Trap' by Craig Thomas
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by mickey45: 12:55pm On Dec 25, 2015
sirgeorge:
Decline and fall of the roman empire(vol 1)

its going to be a very long week.

You mind adding a download link?
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by mickey45: 12:57pm On Dec 25, 2015
Bawss1:

It's a book that explains how some things thrive under chaos, why randomness is not as bad we have been thinking about, and how we can begin to make use of the possibilities that it offers us... The fragile is that which breaks under the effect of stressors while the Antifragile - a concept hitherto ignored by most of us, are those things that get better, improve, under the effect of stressors.

It is a brilliant book from a brilliant mind and even though I finished it sometime last year I revisit it every now and then. It's always beautiful to come across an original idea and this is certainly one.

You mind posting a download link?
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by mickey45: 1:00pm On Dec 25, 2015
[quote author=Ekiti1 post=8593464]Just finished "the godfather" by mario puzo. The best mafia novel I ve ever read.
Dont kno what to read next. Have about 15 James hadley chase, 5 John Grisham, 4 Robert ludlum and a host of others all in pdf format.
[/quote

Perhaps you should add Frederick Forsyth to your collections.
I'd have posted you a download link if I had. But the man sef dey try
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by itstpia8: 11:50pm On Dec 25, 2015
sirgeorge:
Decline and fall of the roman empire(vol 1)

its going to be a very long week.

good one, although i havent read it.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Niftyrules(m): 7:54pm On Mar 17, 2016
I'm presently reading the Innocent Mage By Karen Miller
The Review

The Innocent Mage
By Karen Miller

The kingdom of Lur is where to use magic
unlawfully means death, summary death.
Doranen haveruled Lur with magic since
arriving as refugees centuries back. Theirs
was desperate flight to escape the wrath of a
powerful mage who started a bitter war in their homeland, so to keep Lur safe, the
native Olken inhabitants agreed to abandon
their own magic. Magic is now forbidden
them, and any who break this law was
executed. Asher left his coastal village to make his
fortune. Employed in the royal stables, he
soon finds himself befriended by Prince Gar
and given more money and power than
he’d never dreamt possible....
See more www.niftyreview.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Jordi(m): 4:27pm On Mar 18, 2016
I just finished dan browns lost symbol and also inferno...dan brown is the author of da vincis code...and i can tell u all is books are outstanding...his books also contains facts which are very educative and enlightening
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by ayox2003: 9:19pm On May 03, 2016
Antifragile - Nassim Taleb.

Frawzey

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nairaland Poetry Club Chatroom. / 'The Palmwine Drinkard' By Amos Tutuola & How It Relates To Social Media Slaying / Chimamanda Adichie Questions Angela Merkel: "Siemens Deal Failed In Nigeria"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.