Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,732 members, 7,806,005 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? (6743 Views)

Today March 28, It's Exactly A Year We Voted For Buhari, Do You Regret? / What happened in Isreal, Goodnews For All GEJ Supporters / Read Before You Regret Your Actions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by ama27(f): 7:53am On Jun 21, 2011
Following the elecetions , there was so much hype about how GEJ is 'different' , 'fresh' , 'a good man' in fact the most people used to say ' i voted GEJ and not PDP' - do you still really think so?
The fact that he is a returning president also means things should be carried out faster.

Already all sorts of events have started to unfold:

1. The unfortunate incident with NYSC corpers

2. Kidnap of NYSC corpers

3. That kidnappings happen the whole of Nigeria and not  the Niger Delta anymore ( and now to Nigerians - young and old)

4. The oils spills and the inability of the govt to ensure the compensation is right, remedial action is taken and that the money actually gets to those affected. This is despite the fact that our President is from the region and has also been in state govt so he should know the issues by heart.

5. Boko Haram - has metermophed into a group of intelligent, educated peeple ( see latest press release from them) as opposed to initial police intel of a sharia sect .

6. The fact that it took MR President over 24 hours to address the nation following the Police HQ bomb and assure Nigerians of their security.

7. The increased armed robbery in banks

8. Bombings has now become a common occurence in Nigeria ( all over even those not detonated - Ogun) as well various bomb scares

9. That a U turn was made about the PDP 'zoning ' policy  and the fracas that ensued in the House

10. That will be a month next week and the cabinet is still not in place. - We are already seeing signs of recycling in the name being mentioned - will wait for outcome.

11. The consistent decline in electricity generation. - We all know NO economy can grow without power

12. Bankole - His ability to resist arrest and still  have security staff assigned to him , our President quoted as referring to him as a key supporter and didnt want anyone spreading rumours. Also the fact that he was only arrested when GEJ was to meet Obama ( he has now been released and since then we havent heard anything else)

13. The take by legislators to increase wages when the 18000 minimu wage cant even be paid ( never mind the fact that there is great concern about their current wages and the recent missappropriation case)

To all my fellow Nairalanders that voted /supported GEJ do you think you made the right decision?
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by egift(m): 8:29am On Jun 21, 2011
He is smooth talking Nigeria. There are no more opponents to blame for his emptiness.

If Buhari was elected, am 90% of all corrupt politicians in Nigeria will have embarked on an emergency vacation to Europe. That alone will solve Nigeria's problems by half - ask Gov of Niger State grin

The thing we wanted in 2011 before the election is going to remain the top on our list in 2015 cry
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by EkoIle1: 8:42am On Jun 21, 2011
What do you want them to say? Elsewhere around the world, they call them ignorant and illiterate electorates.
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by TeeJay6(m): 8:46am On Jun 21, 2011
No regret whatsoever, just goes to show the shallowness and desperation of the poster. Citing issues that would take more than 6 weeks to tackle, whether you like it or not he is the people's choice better get used to it or change nationality.
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by EkoIle1: 9:00am On Jun 21, 2011
Tee_Jay:

No regret whatsoever, just goes to show the shallowness and desperation of the poster. Citing issues that would take more than 6 weeks to tackle, whether you like it or not he is the people's choice better get used to it or change nationality.

Abeg stop, the clueless man has been in office for almost 2 years with nothing to show but steady deterioration across the board.

lol @ better get used to it. It's really sad reading such ridiculous nonsense and misguided contentment coming from a young Nigerian with no sense of right and wrong or societal expectations.

Like I said, GEJ supporters are all ignorant and illiterate electorates.
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by TeeJay6(m): 9:14am On Jun 21, 2011
Eko Ile:

whether you like it or not he is the people's choice better get used to it or change nationality.

Abeg stop, the clueless man has been in office for almost 2 years with nothing to show but steady deterioration across the board.

lol @ better get used to it. It's really sad reading such ridiculous nonsense and misguided contentment coming from a young Nigerian with no sense of right and wrong or societal expectations.

Like I said, GEJ supporters are all ignorant and illiterate electorates.
All of them? Ignorant? Illiterate?
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by Gbawe: 9:16am On Jun 21, 2011
@ OP.

You forget , in a time when cost-cutting , even for very rich Nations, is now the norm, The President of Nigeria (a very poor and troubled Nation) announced that a leaner cabinet is not possible. I would probably be a millionaire If I had a kobo for every top-notch analyst that has stated that Nigeria must put in place drastic measures to reduce recurrent expenditure and curb Government profligacy. Our poor nation runs one of the most egotistically expensive democracy in the entire universe !!! Yet GEJ, "fresh air", minimally, is not even willing to go there at all in the clearest sign that the AGIPs and ruinous hands knew what they were doing when they began to "endorse" and tout him as "the best available". Go and check out what David Cameron and Nick Clegg , leaders of a nation far richer and far more developed than Nigeria, are doing. A president running away from the toughest decisions, needing to be made as a matter of utmost National urgency,  is one who has failed already and Nairalanders should note this saying when they review GEJ's tenure in 2015.

How about the insane decision to direct the moribund serial failure NNPC to fix our refineries within 24 months i.e half of GEJ's tenure after which campaign for 2015 will start? Every fool knows that our Refineries are long overdue to be conceded transparently to competent private sector hands so that Nigerians can begin to gain real benefits from their own natural endowment rather than the situation we have now where a select few continue to make millions daily to the misery of ordinary Nigerians. This is the greatest clue that Jonathan is here to defend the interest of his many AGIP backers (Femi Otedola, et al) as some of us shouted relentlessly before the elections.

Next , GEJ will direct NEPA/PHCN to "fix" our power sector within three years when he had previously talked , non-stop, of "privatisation".  grin grin grin .

Let those who voted for GEJ enjoy their "fresh air" for another 4 years. Let hope , by then , we still have a Country to salvage from the hands of gross opportunists and defenders of the status quo like GEJ. We needed someone brave who would fearlessly bring down the walls of Jericho on the head of vested interest and crass opportunism that has turned Nigeria into a Nation many of its citizens cannot even be proud of !!! Instead we get GEJ. Comical. "Original suffer-head" indeed.
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by EkoIle1: 9:23am On Jun 21, 2011
Tee_Jay:

All of them? Ignorant? Illiterate?

I said they are all ignorant and illiterate electorates., not Ignorant Illiterate.

Who hands over the lives of 150 million people to a weak and incompetent man with zero accomplishment as a deputy governor, as a governor and as a siting president based on ridiculous phrases like Fresh Air and Transformation?

Just look at us now, we are stuck with his glaring incompetence and cluelessness.

1 Like

Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by Gbawe: 9:27am On Jun 21, 2011
Eko Ile:

I said they are all ignorant and illiterate electorates., not Ignorant Illiterate.

Who hands over the lives of 150 million people to a weak and incompetent man with zero accomplishment as a deputy governor, as a governor and as a siting president based on ridiculous phrases like Fresh Air and Transformation?

Just look at us now, we are stuck with his glaring incompetence and cluelessness.

No one but "original suffer-heads" and an electorate lacking minimal sophistication. Alas, we are in a democracy and the people have spoken. Let us all enjoy "fresh air".
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by EkoIle1: 9:29am On Jun 21, 2011
Gbawe:

No one but "original suffer-heads" and an electorate lacking minimal sophistication. Alas, we are in a democracy and the people have spoken. Let us all enjoy "fresh air".

Exactly
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by Seun(m): 9:40am On Jun 21, 2011
I don't expect a Buhari supporter to say anything different from what you guys are saying.

Personally, I think GEJ has done a bit better than I expected when I voted for him.
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by EkoIle1: 9:47am On Jun 21, 2011
Seun:

I don't expect a Buhari supporter to say anything different from what you guys are saying.

Personally, I think GEJ has done a bit better than I expected when I voted for him.

Must be something he did specially for you and not for Nigerians in general.

Why not just go ahead and list what he did better.

1 Like

Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by Seun(m): 9:54am On Jun 21, 2011
Eko Ile:

- He has not closed down any newspaper or TV station or ordered a journalist to be beaten for criticizing him.
- He signed the FOI bill.
- He finally got US approval which means corruption-wise he's improved a little bit.
- He didn't block Bankole's arrest.
- His power sector plan is relatively realistic in its recognition of the need for private sector involvement.
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by muami(m): 9:59am On Jun 21, 2011
Obviously, some people are yet to recover from the resounding trouncing Buhari recieved from GEJ. It is funny that it is those who did not vote for GEJ who are talking about regrets? Sore losers!
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by egift(m): 9:59am On Jun 21, 2011
Eko Ile:

Supported. Oga Admin tell us point to point what he has accomplished so far.

Most likely. I remember when certain item make the Front Page - others don't. Anyway, lets wait for the points of what have been accomplished.

BTW, when is Oga Presido going to order Mama Nkechi to reduce her plate of food - since that's the technocratic economic sense he has left.
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by Gbawe: 10:08am On Jun 21, 2011
Seun:

Nonsense !!!! Are you at all noting what Nations , far better off than Nigeria , are doing worldwide currently? My friend , Nigeria badly needed a reformer who will urgently and immediately , as a matter of utmost priority, combat profligacy , waste, inefficiency and a very detrimentally expensive democracy. I have to wonder why we are a nation of apologist who makes excuses for obvious leadership failure .

What Nigeria needs to do to begin her march towards progress , as acknowledged by expert analyst at home and abroad, are very clear. Jonathan is doing the very opposite of that to persevere with the "business as usual" practices that has gotten us where we are !!! Are you oblivious to that?

Do you think , for example, that the moribund NNPC should be given the task of turning round our refineries when transparent privatisation is long overdue? Abeg be objective in your support of GEJ . There is no way you can say, in all honesty, he has done better than when you voted for him !!! What has he done? I only see disastrous decisions/utterances and a shameful failure , indicating unpreparedness,  to have a cabinet in place almost a month after been sworn in despite Ima Niboro bragging that GEJ will hit the ground running and that "a new cabinet will be in place almost immediately".

1 Like

Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by egift(m): 10:16am On Jun 21, 2011
[s]He has not closed down any newspaper or TV station or ordered a journalist to be beaten for criticizing him.[/s]
Tell me one newspaper that has criticized him. Internet is the only means left for Nigerians. The Press have eaten and wiped mouth.

He signed the FOI bill
Yes. I give him that. We all know that Buhari will sign that in less than a month in office.

He didn't block Bankole's arrest.
Don't embarrass GEJ by raising that point. Bankole single-handed defied the Nigerian Police Force, while Jonathan himself watched helplessly. And what have happened to the case again grin grin

His power sector plan is relatively realistic in its recognition of the need for private sector involvement.
Throw away that gossip. A plan he have been sitting on for over  a year and we are worst for it - while him and his gang are sharing Billions for "feasibility" studies grin

So this is how we are going to leave the goal posts in the pits so that GEJ will be credited with the highest score for doing absolutely nothing?
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by muami(m): 10:23am On Jun 21, 2011
egift:

Yes. I give him that. We all know that [b]Buhari [/b]will sign that in less than a month in office.

This comfirms that all this is about Buhari. You earlier you people recover from Buhari's loss, the better for all of you. Buhari lost the elections- as he always does - so trying to compare him with GEJ (a chronic winner) is like comparing the incomparables.
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by sirjec(m): 10:26am On Jun 21, 2011
Hmmm. Everybody blames GEJ for the problem in Nigeria. I'm ashamed of some people.

When the northerners were in power, they used all means to position their people, creating states to favour the north, positioning their people in Police, Navy, Army, Air force, federal ministries. They feel they are born to rule and as such put those structures in place to have upper hand against anybody who contests against them.

Recall what OBJ did to succeed, he retired many military officers and positioned his men. People called him autocrat but believe me he did what he had to do to survive.

These greedy northerners lost the battle because the we are aware of their plots. Everybody wants change. Even their northern brothers. This change has brought about the emergence of GEJ who is a pure civilian and most experienced among his equals.

The greedy northerners are now trying to frustrate this government in order to say they would have been better and we are falling hook line and sinker.

Who is Boko Haram? Who benefits when pipelines are vandalised?  Who benefits for the poor power in the country?

People have their different nature, some believe in force while some believe in rule of law. Democracy is all about the rule of law and I support GEJ for taking his time in handling issues.

Today we are happy that the fuel queues are gone for good and prices are normal, in fact, I saw some filling stations selling fuel at 64grand. This is a result of good planned works. We will still capture other areas being held by those wicked politicians but we have to be diplomatic. Remember, they still have their loyalists in position to cause problems.

With time we will brake their bonds, be patient
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by Gbawe: 10:32am On Jun 21, 2011
Seun:

- He has not closed down any newspaper or TV station or ordered a journalist to be beaten for criticizing him.

What do you think Nigeria is and which Nation do you think we should be aspiring to be ? Somalia? Hard to believe a Nigerian is saying we should be thankful ,in this day and age , that we don't have a dictator as our President.

- He signed the FOI bill.

This is the only good thing GEJ has done in my opinion.

- He finally got US approval which means corruption-wise he's improved a little bit.

Which Nigerian President , publicly , has not ,more or less, gotten the "approval" of the USA as long as our oil still finds its way to America? Is validation from the USA's now the 'gold standard' all nations and their leaders must seek? The same USA that backed dictators, assasination and sponsored many coups in Africa to forment unrest just so American Interest is protected?

- He didn't block Bankole's arrest.

Do you remember that Yar Adua also did not "block" the removal of Andy Uba out of Anambra State house ? Nigerian Presidents , especially those who were mediocre in previous office, always begin with populist actions that sway naive Nigerians not willing to learn from history. They almost always go on to be useless leaders. There is always the convenient scapegoat to make Oga look good . After that, "business as usual". Let the EFCC go after at least 10 thieving ex-Governors and we will see that GEJ is serious. The petitions are there. Even OBJ petitioned EFCC against Gbenga Daniel if memory serves me right.

- His power sector plan is relatively realistic in its recognition of the need for private sector involvement.

Has GEJ mentioned the power sector or "privatisation" since May 29th? That the NNPC is now tasked with the duty of reviving our refineries is not proof enough for you that 'awon boys' have won? Did you miss the awards of huge power sector contracts , by the FEC, just before the elections when , in the past, the same FEC suspended all power sector contracts "until a legally ratified privatisation plan was in place" ? My friend , you are being 419ned . You will see it soon .

1 Like

Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by kblastic(f): 10:36am On Jun 21, 2011
ama27:

Following the elecetions , there was so much hype about how GEJ is 'different' , 'fresh' , 'a good man' in fact the most people used to say ' i voted GEJ and not PDP' - do you still really think so?
The fact that he is a returning president also means things should be carried out faster.

Already all sorts of events have started to unfold:

1. The unfortunate incident with NYSC corpers

2. Kidnap of NYSC corpers

3. That kidnappings happen the whole of Nigeria and not  the Niger Delta anymore ( and now to Nigerians - young and old)

4. The oils spills and the inability of the govt to ensure the compensation is right, remedial action is taken and that the money actually gets to those affected. This is despite the fact that our President is from the region and has also been in state govt so he should know the issues by heart.

5. Boko Haram - has metermophed into a group of intelligent, educated peeple ( see latest press release from them) as opposed to initial police intel of a sharia sect .

6. The fact that it took MR President over 24 hours to address the nation following the Police HQ bomb and assure Nigerians of their security.

7. The increased armed robbery in banks

8. Bombings has now become a common occurence in Nigeria ( all over even those not detonated - Ogun) as well various bomb scares

9. That a U turn was made about the PDP 'zoning ' policy  and the fracas that ensued in the House

10. That will be a month next week and the cabinet is still not in place. - We are already seeing signs of recycling in the name being mentioned - will wait for outcome.

11. The consistent decline in electricity generation. - We all know NO economy can grow without power

12. Bankole - His ability to resist arrest and still  have security staff assigned to him , our President quoted as referring to him as a key supporter and didnt want anyone spreading rumours. Also the fact that he was only arrested when GEJ was to meet Obama ( he has now been released and since then we havent heard anything else)

13. The take by legislators to increase wages when the 18000 minimu wage cant even be paid ( never mind the fact that there is great concern about their current wages and the recent missappropriation case)

To all my fellow Nairalanders that voted /supported GEJ do you think you made the right decision?

Yes i made the right decision.
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by foward1212(m): 10:41am On Jun 21, 2011
I dont regreat one bit, my vote for GEJ, I really dont, the misshaps are not his fault, they are all because of opossion, that have refused to accept defit, they are all because of the fact that some people have refused to accept change, they are because some poeple want this country to continue the way it has always been.

For the first time we have a leader who is different, who is not one of the recycled leaders, we have always had, and not replaced by their sons, or friends or relatives, but someone from nowhere, someone from a humble background.

He is just one man, and this change has to come gragually, in other not to cause a big caeous or disaster, even Jesus himself, did not finish his ministry on earth in one month, or one year, , he took his time, he had to develope, and their was impact all the way in the cause of his development, so lets give our president some credit and some level of confidence. For the first we have a close to pefect election, and a lot of other good things he has done and is doing, the fuel, kerosine, cement, etc are some of the good things associated with his govenment and leadership.

The ministrial appointment, is not totally his decision alone, there is always imputs from states, and from other souces, but its his responsible to checkmate them, supervise them, and sack anyone who is not doing well.

ITs our responsibliity to pray for our leader, and give him all the support necessary.
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by hercules07: 10:44am On Jun 21, 2011
Fresh Air for another four years, I can not believe that an intelligent man like Seun is pleased with mediocrity, my admiration for what he has achieved with Nairaland has gone down a notch, GEJ is just a front for those who want to loot the country till thy Kingdom come, he has no original idea and was not prepared for the job he has taken on.

1 Like

Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by HIROSHI: 10:44am On Jun 21, 2011
True, I was condering regretting it but could not do so because the alternatives would have been worse off. He might not have been the best Nigerian fit for the Presidency but he was certainly better than the front-runners with whom he ran for the presidency: till now he is still better.

Buhari would have probably handed us all to his brothers, the Boko Haram; Shekarau was said to have led the 'Akaluka Riot' of 2002 in Kano; Ribadu would have been an alternative but even he (Ribadu) realised late that Tinubu was only playing politics with his (Ribadu's) candidature. ACN was not ready to vie for the presidency, the party was simply just looking for more states and more legislative seats and then be poised for a 'snatch' in 2015. Ribadu ought to have been smart enough to know that, but ambition blinds reasons.

@ Topic: I feel sorry but no regret.
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by mallorca(m): 10:44am On Jun 21, 2011
i didnt even vote for that sidon dey look President
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by hercules07: 10:45am On Jun 21, 2011
@forward1212

So out of the few prayer points that God is ready to answer for me, I should waste some on leaders who are stealing us blind abi, you better go and hand in your certificate as ur education was a little bit wasted.
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by Gbawe: 10:54am On Jun 21, 2011
hercules07:

Fresh Air for another four years, I can not believe that an intelligent man like Seun is pleased with mediocrity, my admiration for what he has achieved with Nairaland has gone down a notch, GEJ is just a front for those who want to loot the country till thy Kingdom come, he has no original idea and was not prepared for the job he has taken on.

Indeed . That is why many of us said, before the elections, that Jonathan can never fearlessly do what is right for Nigeria while backed and endorsed by[b] virtually all[/b] the worst AGIPs and the most ruinous hands in Nigeria's history. These wicked and evil folks did not get behind GEJ for nothing. In him they recognised a man who can protect their interest and we are seeing this now with GEJ's logic-defying decisions. For example, which right thinking Nigerian thinks that the moribund NNPC , the home of grand corruption, be given 24 months to turn around our refineries when we all know that transparent transfer of our refineries into competent private hands is[b] the only solution[/b] to getting our refineries working optimally? What could be responsible for this disastrous "business as usual" and "more of the same" decision if not the need for GEJ to protect the interest of his AGIP backers (eg Femi Otedola) who are swimming in mountains of cash at the expense of ordinary Nigerians?
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by egift(m): 11:06am On Jun 21, 2011
hercules07:

Exactly. As terrible as it is, sometimes I even prefer he do nothing because any time he says or do something - I just feel like throwing up.

Imagine telling us the Police Hqt bombing is not that bad - WHY? - "Because bombing is taking place all over the world" - GEJ
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 21, 2011
we are continuing with boko haram
we are continuing with kerosene scarcity
we are continuing with power failure
we have resumed the bizarre presidential utterances (bombings happen everywhere)

oga admin voted for continuity. nuff said sad
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by holahabib: 11:12am On Jun 21, 2011
ttt
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by honeric01(m): 11:14am On Jun 21, 2011
Why are you people regretting? this is too early, if Jonathan can make it, you all can make it!!!!

Flesh air!!!!

Kerosene lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: To All GEJ Supporters - Do You Regret Your Vote? by aminu150(m): 11:15am On Jun 21, 2011
I knew he can't do anything meaningful so i didn't vote for him. Im sure those that voted for him will be the ones that will suffer under his rule especially the ordinary man (masses).
THE WAHALA HAS JUST STARTED!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Edo Man Wants Biafrra - Disgraces Two Yoruba Men On "One Nigeria" Debate VIDEO / My Hands Are Off The Biafran Struggle. / I'm So Sorry For Campaigning And Voting For Buhari In 2015 And 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.