Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,455 members, 7,801,126 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) (15259 Views)

Fayose Spotted Taking Journalists Around His Infrastructural Achievements(pics / Jonathan Reconciles Gov. Obiano And Peter Obi (pix) / Peter Obi And The Limits Of Propaganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by Emperoh(m): 10:08am On Jun 22, 2011
Can someone tell me any state in the South East with a better road network than Anambra state all round?
Peter Obi has done a great job but i have serious doubts what his second tenure holds for us in Anambra State.
Also the quality of some of the roads are still a huge question mark.

His government is also being called to question for corruption during the election period.
And then his political sagacity is also in doubt.

For those criticizing the building, which is better? Effective architecture or aesthetics with no little efficiency?
Anambra doesn't have loads of money to start all these white elephant projects. The much our money can do is provide efficient shelter for government work. Anything more than this is pure aesthetics and nothing more!

All the same, he has done better than past governments in providing infrastructure in Anambra
But a lot still needs to be done before we can compete!!
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by paraphase(m): 10:11am On Jun 22, 2011
x
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by Okijajuju1(m): 10:11am On Jun 22, 2011
Let me laff in boko haram first, Who is Peter Obi abeg?! And why is his name in the same sentence with Fashola and Amaechi?! Trust ibo people to pat themselves on the back even when nobody notices them, I thought Onitsha was the largest market in west africa?! So what's that bullshiit about anambra not being an oil producing state?

If u all are applauding such nonsense, na ehn be say na public holiday una go declare d day ehn go  build fly-over,  Rubbish!
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by mkpologwu(m): 10:27am On Jun 22, 2011
Some pictures are missing. What of the picture of 20 corpers in the tunnel at Upper Iweka? Even one of the pictures looks like my house in Okalahummer, USA.
Infact Ileke Idi shld be sent to Anambra to ascertain these claims!!!
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by hackney(m): 10:28am On Jun 22, 2011
Welldone to him but can he clean up onitsha please instead of these meaningless pictures?

Besides, imo state has better road network than anambra.
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by stormm: 10:30am On Jun 22, 2011
Emperoh:

Can someone tell me any state in the South East with a better road network than Anambra state all round?
Peter Obi has done a great job but i have serious doubts what his second tenure holds for us in Anambra State.

But a lot still needs to be done before we can compete!!

Emperoh:

Also the quality of some of the roads are still a huge question mark.!

Oxymoron, abi? Great job, quality in doubt. grin grin grin
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by temmytanny(m): 10:42am On Jun 22, 2011
I think the guy is doing a good job too but more works need be done in central onitsha
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by moneytalk2: 10:48am On Jun 22, 2011
bashr4:

^^^^^ Sullivan chime of enugu is number 1 go and see for yourself ,he is not into noise making.
[/quote
PETER HAS REALLY DONE GREAT JOB.
SULLIVAN HAS ONLY SUCCECCED IN SPOILING ENUGU GIRLS INFACT IN ENUGU HE IS CONSIDERED THE LADIES MAN. HE PAYS THEM LIKE MADE (THANK FOR COMING) IF YOU CONSIDER HIS ACHIEVEMENT IN THAT ANGLE.

IN CONSIDERING ACHIEVEMENT WE ALSO CONSIDER THE SENCE OF MATURITY.
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 22, 2011
^^
you forgot to add that he smokes like mad. But that does not deter him from delivering his duty. You dey vex coz Enugu girls dey had U get abi. Try become governor first. Busy-body!
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by member479760: 11:40am On Jun 22, 2011
Igbos, this is the right tme for you guys TOGO home.
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by mallorca(m): 11:53am On Jun 22, 2011
Ride On Mr Governor
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by Zi: 12:04pm On Jun 22, 2011
Pls, abeg, this is serious propaganda.
I live in this state, and if not for anything else, that picture is not Zik Avenue Awka.
Politics is a deadly game.
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by Ogbonaikenna(m): 12:26pm On Jun 22, 2011
@porter, why did peter obi increased the tuition fee of anambra state university?
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by alphabet43(m): 12:28pm On Jun 22, 2011
Good thing Fashola set good examples for others to follow, now everyone won't flock to Lagos. I also wonder what the rich people that donated some of the money want in return Hmmm
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by rhymaholic: 12:39pm On Jun 22, 2011
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 22, 2011
Peter Obi and Sullivan Chime were the only two governors in the South East. Now Okorocha has joined them. Salvation is coming from the East just like the wise men did. Abia and Ebonyi states: I don't know why the two of you are still under massive bandage(bondage),
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 22, 2011
Why Anambra people can't defend Peter's achievement without throwing mud on my dear Sullivan. Una na awakasi anyi, thinking that Enugu would fail but shame unto you haters from Anambra. grin grin grin
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by chino11(m): 2:17pm On Jun 22, 2011
hackney:

Welldone to him but can he clean up onitsha please instead of these meaningless pictures?

Besides, imo state has better road network than anambra.

I laff in Gabon grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Imo state better road When last did you traveled to your so called state called imo state?? Was it the same imo state ohakim murdered Although I have not had anything take me to Imo except when am traveling from Awka to Ph. I can stay here and count the roads in imo state non of them is motorable. Except for some few raods within owerre, virtually all the roads both in rural and urban areas are in horrible state. I think in terms of good road network Anambra is still setting the pace.
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by otiigba1(m): 2:33pm On Jun 22, 2011
why? he seem to concentrate on just one area (awka) what about other places in anambra like, uga, agulu, ezinifite,ekwulobia e.t.c and the airport that was never built in uga aguata? more propaganda!! no other airport in anambra apart from enugu, more propaganda!!
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by PHIPEX(m): 3:25pm On Jun 22, 2011
I'll be an ingrate if I fail to recognise the effort of the governor in constructing a road( though still under construction) in Anambra West LGA that had been denied such "gesture" since the creation of the state but we still expect more.
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by holyghost(m): 3:28pm On Jun 22, 2011
@poster, this is stupid, Adaobi or Obi atulu  if like!
has  not done even half of what you posted here, I challenge you to air it on national TV for all to see them live.

if truly he did all these you need not to post it here or anywhere on the internet. we will tell it to who ever cares to hear because, we all are living witnesses, did able Gov. Fashola post his own on the web? yet every Nigerian that visits Lagos even for half a day will clap to his works, because his actions and inactions are u·biq·ui·tous in your face/eyes.  Did Prof. Dora Akunyili post when she was active? Did Ngozi okonjo iweala post her active life?

therefore, The era of lazy and hopeless leaders like what we have now coming to tell us on media (Posters, Hand bills,  Radio, Internet and via mushroom Tv adverts) what they have achieved and what was impossible to achieve  the era is really over, wake up my friend.

Onitsha is still a no-go-area day or night, no night life there, if you travel into onitsha with the Evenings or Night bus you can't proceed beyond Lagos park @ upper iweka road with ease or quick alacrity  because of fear of robbers and thieves for what they can and will do to you, but in spite the large population in Lagos, Kano and Ibadan there is easy nite life to enjoy till 1 am and even beyond. Yet Onitsha is amongst the oldest city in Nigeria, and the most backward of all the cities in Nigeria,

in spite of the gamut of professionals, billionaire and millionaire business men in that small business hub called Onitsha and NNewi. no light (even street lights)  no security (even armless patrol team). to give one some semblance of confidence/ security. it's always dark and gloomy to make you know that truly, truly you are on your own!

If there was improvement as he is claiming, then  All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) the ruling party would have win most of the senatorial elections but the election is the true wishes of our Anamberians and it went to PDP. in fact if we entrench Mid term election Obi will loose out fast! what a poor web site Mr poster compare
http://apganigeria.com/          http://www.peoplesdemocraticparty.net/# sure Obi must Fix this now!

look at Delta State a young state Building it's Airport within 2 years; that, which Anambra has being planing since centuries to build while my brothers and sisters die in their hundreds at sagamu, Benin, Ore road due to bad roads, frequent and sure armed robbers attacks.

They even pay high transport fare to greedy transporters union just to go and see papa and mama and even bring some form of revenue into the state. some spend 10 hours stand in the bus(attache the called it obere oche) on the road and some fail sick while some are attacked to death and the Governors (past and present) will not frown or at least plead with Anambra transporters Unions to keep a fair charges at festive periods. (even in economics it is called maximum/minimum price legislation) or even hire bus at a subsidized rates for people to board at the normal rate b4 the increase.

Don't go telling Anambra govt. do not have that kind of money. if obi clime to be a real business Mongol he should know 101 ways to get investors to do that as fashola is doing. in fact let him try publicly and we will all see if it will failed or not. because Anambra will be the busiest local Airport 2nd to Lagos in Nigeria

No standard 2 star hotels or guest house in Onitsha i have to go to delta state for decent and even cheeper accommodations to lodge(if na lie post the names of hotels and lodgers with their contacts here

Now that Delta state is building it's airport mere 20 mins drive to onitsha will the Anambra transporters unions sabotage the government of Delta state?

foolish people in fact my grandpa will say foolish people[b]s[/b] and he is very right we need the s to show in our case. when you selfishly destroy you home land you will be forced to salve it out in another man's land (Delta)

we will be developing Nigeria and die slaves cos we are too wise to reason within our states.

1  we suffered abandoned properties in Port Harcourt (1971- 73)

2  Killed and chased from the north at any slit divergent views, religious, political and even inter communal crises     
     that Igloos are not in any way involved. non of our leaders will shout over it, or else he will lose face with the   
     northern biscuits (kuli-kuli) and kunu he/she gets.

3 Pay heavy tax in the western states and high rents to greedy landlords.

4 tomorrow we will be paying tax and high transport fare and rents to Delta state government and it's people

therefore to avoid these and more, we need to reason or else go to waste!
copy Israel for once ( after humiliation in Europe and other Arab states
return to Jerusalem to make a name for herself. even in their case it was a divine cause
that made them suffer those ill winds or are we caused too? for what? selling our brothers/sisters into slavery.
but we are not the only tribe that did that. so it's not a logical excuse.

mark you am a native too, and has not seen any real effort to develop Anambra on ground by the present governors ( in fact nairaland will get to a point where and when  forum admins will form fact finding groups to carry out such mission)

Gov. now Sen. Chris. Ngige is still the most popular in Anambra politics as of today, better than any governor, present or past) despite a stolen mandate and very short tenure he performed credible for all to see without posting a single line anywhere on the internet to tell us what he is doing and EFCC did not even suspect him not to mention inviting him to come and address any malicious petition  even from his enemies haba! And the current Gov. Obi when he took over from him did not find any reason to probe or cancel any of his projects because they where all genuine and the true wishes of all the communities he sited each project. abeg clap for him!!) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chris-Ngige/109481329070607

I do not speak for chris but i must identify with value the in him
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by EzeUche1(m): 3:28pm On Jun 22, 2011
I hear that he is bringing development, but not fast enough. Igbos are looking for someone like Okorocha. But at least there is some development.
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by shawonlese: 3:39pm On Jun 22, 2011
Nonsense.
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by JahMan1: 4:09pm On Jun 22, 2011
For me,nothing can be as true as the quote below.
Can Eko-Ile or someone else name the LGAs in Lagos and the major roads Fashola has built.
As little as Lagos State is,they have loads of bad roads that can go for a death trap.
I appreciate the fact that traffic wears roads,but build them first.

I dont know why people must insult Peter Obi this way by comparing him with Fashola.

Peter Obi is not imposing taxes on the people to fund what he's doing in Anambra.
Peter Obi has not run up huge debts to fund what he's doing in Anambra.
Peter Obi is nobody's 'Biatch' unlike Fashola who is Tinubu's puppet.

If Peter Obi were Governor of Lagos then the state would not be such a 'shittte hole'with huge debts and a tax-burdened people.

Peter Obi is ten times Fashola.
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by NaijaNaWaa: 4:18pm On Jun 22, 2011
And they no shame to publish those Awada Layout shanties as buildings? Obi's roads don't last beyond one rainy season and they are all washed away. Peter Obi is a massive disappointment. Awka is the ugliest city in Nigeria and there's no town or city in Anambra state that one can stay out beyond 7.00 pm.
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by lagcity(m): 4:22pm On Jun 22, 2011
disappointed. sad sad sad I give him A+ for mediocrity. if lack of money is his problem, maybe he should tax the people like Fash is doing. Anambra ppl would appreciate him for this as long as they see their tax money doing wonders. but of course, stingy pple like Sun of god won't pay their taxes, they'll run to Lagos.
Sun of god:

I dont know why people must insult Peter Obi this way by comparing him with Fashola.

Peter Obi is not imposing taxes on the people to fund what he's doing in Anambra.[/b]Peter Obi has not run up huge debts to fund what he's doing in Anambra.
Peter Obi is nobody's 'Biatch' unlike Fashola who is Tinubu's puppet.

If Peter Obi were Governor of Lagos then the state would not be such a 'shittte hole'with huge debts and a tax-burdened people.

[b]Peter Obi is ten times Fashola.

Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by Swagahyk(m): 4:32pm On Jun 22, 2011
Choi! Thats all u can boast of, short roads,two-story buildings, wat else, while other states are boasting of Airports, clean envirns, good school, lol, these are all taboos in Anambra State,
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by owobokiri(m): 4:37pm On Jun 22, 2011
I dont know why you guys always want to bring Fashola into every discussion. The rainy season is washing away his roads and Lagos is getting submerged yet it is fashola,  fashola,  fashola at every turn. To speak of Anambra, Delta and Lagos as if these states operate from the same financial footing doesnt make sense. Lagos was the former capital of Nigeria for heavens sake. It is still the financial capital of the country with thousands of industries operating there and paying billions in taxes to the government on monthly basis.

Lagos boasts of endless structures biult by the fed government to stimulate businesses, name them;-bridges, power station, ports etc. This has led to massive concentration of people and capital in Lagos state. How then can you compare such a state that has almost limitless aveneus to make money with a state like Anambra whose infastructures are almost private sector driven? Or with Delta state whose billions come in at the end of every month from Abuja as an oil producing state?

Having said that, it must be stated that Peter Obi is a very clumsy politician.  He has failed to position his party as an alternative to PDPs misgovernance in the east. He was on the verge of liquidating the very party that brought him to power deu to promises made to him at Abuja before Okorocha came in. That shows lack of seriousness as a politician Today his partys big wigs in Anambra are the same theives that have held the state down for ages.

He biulds government lodges all over the place. Awka, Onitsha, Nnewi. There will be some in Abuja and maybe Lagos. This is a big waste of cash. Governors and other political office holders should stay in hotels when they travel and stop wasting peoples money biulding elaborate homes for themselves calling those government lodges.  You may want to call him a village governor too. He may have the best intentions but seem  unaware how to practicalize those and that is a tragedy,

»  
What with the architecture  

and why dont engineers in Nigeria ever build walkways/pavements?

I only saw a determination to biuld walkways/pavements in Kano State under kwankwaso during his first coming.
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by bluerange(f): 4:39pm On Jun 22, 2011
Pls, abeg, this is serious propaganda.[b]
I live in this state, and if not for anything else, that picture is not Zik Avenue Awka.

Politics is a deadly game.[/b]

That certainly looks like Zik Avenue (From Amaenyi Awka and cuts into  the junction that burst into Enugu -Onitsha Expressway). That road has a right turning (around umunoke village and a 15minutes drive from there would get you to Agulu passing through Ishiagu, Nimo etc). I worked in different areas of the State (Ishiagu, Ekwulobia, Awka, Achalla, Igbariam, Nzam, Anaku, Omor, Ifite-Ogwari, Omasi) and happened to be on the road regularly when I was supervising various rice production projects. I take up the Onitsha-Nsukka road, which is in the Northern part of the state that happens to be the food basket of the state. That road  which is a Federal Government road is a forgotten road, that road cuts through thousands of hectares of potential rice farmlands of  which less than 2% is being cultivated but Peter Obi initiated the construction of an alternative route from Omor junction through Igbaukwu, Ifite-ogwari, Umueje to the last community, Omasi which is the border community to Enugu State and where I lived for some months. That road network opened up these communities, travelers from Onitsha (Northern part of Anambra) heading to Nsukka, Enugu State hitherto had to travel through the central part of the state and bursts into Oji River (Enugu State) and continue the journey till 9th Mile  then turn and go up heading North leading to Nsukka and Northern Nigeria.

But with that alternative route one drives through Northern Anambra (Onitsha-Otuocha-Anaku-Omor-Ifite-Ogwari-Umueje-Omasi) and enters Adani (the border community in Enugu) and from Agani is about 25mins drive. I remember seeing the people living along this route being happy seeing commercial buses, cars and trucks heading to Nsukka and Northern Nigeria that hitherto  go through the old route passing through their enclaves. For these people that road network is not a propaganda.
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by Sunofgod(m): 5:14pm On Jun 22, 2011
lagcity:

disappointed. sad sad sad I give him A+ for mediocrity. if lack of money is his problem, maybe he should tax the people like Fash is doing. Anambra ppl would appreciate him for this as long as they see their tax money doing wonders. but of course, stingy pple like Sun of god won't pay their taxes, they'll run to Lagos.

Stingy? LOL -  cheesy

If only you knew about me . . . . . . .

Anyway, for all the taxes Lagosians pay they enjoy the worst standard of living in Nigeria.

Lagos is a 'Shiite Hole' - its beyond repair.

I'm wealthy enough to be able to reside in a more pleasant environment.

In Lagos its impossible to avoid your slums, thugs, pollution, grid lock, etc.

The same cannot be said of Anambra.
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by Sunofgod(m): 5:20pm On Jun 22, 2011
stormm:

My guy, brilliant. Now pls give us instances of over-taxation in Lagos State. Reading your junk, any wonder, Anambra is one big dumpsite after Nigige? Without taxes, how dou you develop your infrastructure or you think allocation from the federation account is enough? Is there any A-list economy that is not dependent on tax for development aside the oil rich middle east countries? And to top up your foolishness, its now Tinubu that is responsible for Anambra's backwardness, abi?

In your dreams abi, better wake up.

Send Fashola down to Anambra with a note pad - I'm sure Peter Obi will find time to school him on how its done.

As for Tinubu - We have the equivalent in Anambra and we call him 'Chris Uba'. He's been silenced by the people of Anambra unlike Tinubu in Lagos.

Please - Stay of the Kai-Kai - cheesy
Re: Peter Obi's Achievements (pics) by chigo4u: 5:20pm On Jun 22, 2011
Seun abi Segun, Please remove this trash from the first page immediately and to think this post is breathing where fashola's project is breathing. This man is not ashamed, same with the idioott who posted this as achievement. Cheap roads, cheap buildings, cheap bungalows everywhere. Don't fuuccckk up the plan of Anambra with these dirty structures. Just do and leave, don't worry, somebody will do it. Soludo wanted to do it, Ngige was on it. Even the International airport that was awarded by one Andy Uba was cancelled for no reason and a state like this does not have an airport with all its markets. Somebody will do a road of 1 miilion and publicize it with 3 million. And they tell brainwashed Anambra people that they are the least indebted state? smh. We don't see Amaechi, Chime, Akpabio, Fashola and even Ohakim (I insist because he did better than obi in Imo State) {when he was} blowing their trumpets but devil punish you if you think they are not working. U just stay in your house and see transformation going on, but in this case, poorly photoshopped pictures show you they are working. Ngige is still popular than this man. Let an election be called today and you will see if Obi will win. Even rigging wont make him win. No infrastructural investment in Awka the so called Unarranged and Unplanned capital. This pictures are just a mess. These folks wouldn't have said it better
Swagahyk:

Choi! Thats all u can boast of, short roads,two-story buildings, wat else, while other states are boasting of Airports, clean envirns, good school, lol, these are all taboos in Anambra State,
lagcity:

Holy Ghost, God bless you for that. End of discussion

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy 79th Birthday To Wole Soyinka / 47 Ex-governors, 10 Ex-ministers, Others Fingered In N2trillion Corruption Cases / FG To Borrow ₦25.5 Billion To Provide Solar Power For National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.