Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,913 members, 7,806,650 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

Customs Discover Sack Of Dollars In Container ($110,000) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Customs Discover Sack Of Dollars In Container ($110,000) (8355 Views)

Offloading Of Dollars Triggers Massive Naira Appreciation At Parallel Market / Pls Is Shipping Okrika In Container From Uk To Nigeria Banned ? / Imported Goods In Container Sales For A Very Attractive Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Discover Sack Of Dollars In Container ($110,000) by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 22, 2011
rumomonga:

back your claim with evidence or stop polluting d thread

How do you want me to prove I am a Nigerian?
Please how am I polluting the thread? Is it because I refused to join you in bashing the patriotic officers that discovered the sum of $110,000. concealed in a container with the intention of decieving the same officers.
A fellow Nigerian attempted to perpetrate this fraud and instead of people on NL to bash this fraudster,it is the patriotic officers that did their job,that are getting bashed.If this is what you call polluting the thread,I am guilty as charged.Thank you.
Re: Customs Discover Sack Of Dollars In Container ($110,000) by sirp2007: 3:06pm On Jun 22, 2011
bigdoo:

For Nigerian customs to reveal that they discovered $110,000.00, the real amount they discovered could be up to or more than $1million. I don't trust those money-hungry crooks one bit. There is no way the actual amount they discovered would be disclosed to the public.
PLS NOT ALL CUSTOM OFFICERS RE CORRUPT, JUST LIKE NT ALL NIGERIANS RE CORRUPT
PurestBoy:

[size=13pt]I'm sure they will exert their energy more on this than Bankole's trial, Shior[/size]
MY WORRY, WE ALWAYS HAVE A WAY OF DISTRACTING IMPORTANT ISSUES IN 9JA
Re: Customs Discover Sack Of Dollars In Container ($110,000) by frenchman2: 3:27pm On Jun 22, 2011
this is my take on this topic
1. i won't be surprised if the actual amount was far above what is declared. the money is just too tiny to bring in in such a manner.
western union is there. how about liberty reserve. or even buy a brand new car (touareg 2012 jeep goes for roughly $80k)
ship it in a sell.
2. the cash could well be fake. the owner should be wise enough to use any of the above mentioned means, but since they're fake bills this is the only means available.
Re: Customs Discover Sack Of Dollars In Container ($110,000) by Reference(m): 3:56pm On Jun 22, 2011
Richvkunt:

I would like to commend the customs officials at Tin Can Island port.
The customs are doing a good job considering the constraints under which they operate.
Poor salary,no good operational vehicles,delapidated barracks,and multiple footpaths along our ill defined borders.
I am talking about the junior officers and the middle cadre officers and not the fat cats at the top.
Once again kudos for a job well done!

No, no, no. I would not commend them just yet and i think this is exactly why our law enforcement officials rarely solve a crime. You make a discovery and announce it on radio and t.v, Worse you openly allege you're after the perps and worst you announce the location of your search. I was listening to the story on the radio while driving this morning and I couldn't but think if I was the one involved. If I was a criminal I would drive straight back home and pack out fast. To further scramble my mind the newscaster announced that piece just after one about the Abuja Force HQ blast and I could not help but wondering if there cannot be a sort of connection here. That cash is obviously illegal but could it be a way these terrorists fund their activities (remember the cache of arms) discovered by the same Customs and openly displayed. What has happened to the case today. Perhaps forgotten then months later your forces are attacked. We will not be free till the wanton incompetence in our law enforcement agencies is weeded out completely.

What is wrong in displaying the perps with the cash after they have been caught. Do some undercover work for once please. No. Their eyes are all shining for dollars just like their police counterparts for fifty-fifty at road blocks and pay the heavy price in terror attacks. They think their achievements in discovering the currency will persuade us they are on top of their game when we know fully the kinds of explosive and weapons these bandits, terrorists and militants use are certainly made abroad and find their way so easily into this country between their legs. Shior. angry angry angry
Re: Customs Discover Sack Of Dollars In Container ($110,000) by dnative(m): 4:23pm On Jun 22, 2011
A fool and his money are soon parted !
Re: Customs Discover Sack Of Dollars In Container ($110,000) by phreakabit(m): 4:34pm On Jun 22, 2011
The Title should beĀ  : Customs Discover Sack Of Dollars In Container ($200,000 or More). Tell us its $110,000
Re: Customs Discover Sack Of Dollars In Container ($110,000) by koyaabj: 4:39pm On Jun 22, 2011
My Bros too many eyes discover the money at the same time, so it becomes difficult for one person to corner the money or they might have taken their own share then declare the remaining.
Anyway the owner only went underground to arrange his defence he will soon show up to claim the pepper.
That is money for boy's. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Customs Discover Sack Of Dollars In Container ($110,000) by phreakabit(m): 4:59pm On Jun 22, 2011
koyaabj:

My Bros too many eyes discover the money at the same time, so it becomes difficult for one person to corner the money or they might have taken their own share then declare the remaining.
Anyway the owner only went underground to arrange his defence he will soon show up to claim the pepper.
That is money for boy's. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ever heard of the term chop i chop and everyone is happy?
Re: Customs Discover Sack Of Dollars In Container ($110,000) by jason2010(m): 5:05pm On Jun 22, 2011
I can assure you with a high degree of certainty that the actually amount is in excess of what the customs reported. The rest was stolen by both the customs and wharf rats. The level of theft at the wharf definitily is cause for concern. Dem dey even thief the ones that just don't make sense. For instance two months ago, my golf shoes was taken from a container, and I was even there during the inspection. You wonder if wharf rats play golf. Anyway, that money is way more than $110,000. Think about it, $110,000 is just eleven bundles of notes that can even fit in all the pockets on a khaki pants. So why would somebody in their right minds containerize that amount. $110,000 is not that much that requires containerization. We no dey carry last for this our country oh. I betcha it was way over a mil.
Re: Customs Discover Sack Of Dollars In Container ($110,000) by mkpologwu(m): 5:53pm On Jun 22, 2011
Why did he import fake money?
Now there will be deflation in the market that will lead to economic met down!
Re: Customs Discover Sack Of Dollars In Container ($110,000) by Busols757: 6:07pm On Jun 22, 2011
i bet u that waza 4one9 moni grin
Re: Customs Discover Sack Of Dollars In Container ($110,000) by fm7070: 6:23pm On Jun 22, 2011
they didn't tell us how much they stole from it.
this people are taking Nigerians for fools.
the revolution that will occur in Nigeria will more than what happened in Egypt, Yemen and Libya.
Re: Customs Discover Sack Of Dollars In Container ($110,000) by phreakabit(m): 6:54pm On Jun 22, 2011
mkpologwu:

Why did he import fake money?
Now there will be[b] deflation [/b]in the market that will lead to economic met down!

RFLMAO&FARTING!!!!!
Re: Customs Discover Sack Of Dollars In Container ($110,000) by philip0906(m): 7:27pm On Jun 22, 2011
una no go kill me with laff. . . grin grin grin
Re: Customs Discover Sack Of Dollars In Container ($110,000) by rumomonga(m): 7:46pm On Jun 22, 2011
Richvkunt:

How do you want me to prove I am a Nigerian?
Please how am I polluting the thread? Is it because I refused to join you in bashing the patriotic officers that discovered the sum of $110,000. concealed in a container with the intention of decieving the same officers.
A fellow Nigerian attempted to perpetrate this fraud and instead of people on NL to bash this fraudster,it is the patriotic officers that did their job,that are getting bashed.If this is what you call polluting the thread,I am guilty as charged.Thank you.
Man, i fink u got me wrong, i only askd u 2 back ur claim that they are nt corrupt wit sm li2 evidences.
Where is d 13 container load of arms and ammunitions brought in tru d same tin can island and so many other nefarious activities they carryout along our borders.
Wat i'l suggest u do is start a thread dat reads "NIGERIAN CUSTOMS (AT TIN CAN) ARNT CORRUPT" den cm bak and prove me wrong wit d comments u recieve.
Read d 3rd and d 4th posts following ur last post 4 more education. I rest my case
Re: Customs Discover Sack Of Dollars In Container ($110,000) by Gbenge77(m): 8:25pm On Jun 22, 2011
fm7070:

they didn't tell us how much they stole from it.
this people are taking Nigerians for fools.
the revolution that will occur in Nigeria will more than what happened in Egypt, Yemen and Libya.
you cant be serious?
Re: Customs Discover Sack Of Dollars In Container ($110,000) by joe4christ(m): 10:04pm On Jun 22, 2011
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy See how i dey laugh in paragraph,
Re: Customs Discover Sack Of Dollars In Container ($110,000) by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jun 22, 2011
rumomonga:

Man, i fink u got me wrong, i only askd u 2 back your claim that they are nt corrupt wit sm li2 evidences.
Where is d 13 container load of arms and ammunitions brought in tru d same tin can island and so many other nefarious activities they carryout along our borders.
Wat i'l suggest u do is start a thread dat reads "NIGERIAN CUSTOMS (AT TIN CAN) ARNT CORRUPT" den cm bak and prove me wrong wit d comments u recieve.
Read d 3rd and d 4th posts following your last post 4 more education. I rest my case

For the reply to number 1 go back to my second post on this topic.
For reply to number 2 The people that imported the 13 containers have been charged to court.
Neferious activities along the border occur when Nigerians refuse to pay the appropriate duties or attempt to import prohibited goods.
As for your fourth point,may I remind you that at a certain time in history,people believed the world was flat and not round:Does that make the theory correct?
My brother I am a man with a mind of my own,I closely analyse things before I post,so I don't join any band wagon.
My simple point is that the officers need to be encouraged for doing a good job,however if you don't believe they should be encouraged,you are as entitled to your opinion as I am entitled to mine.
Re: Customs Discover Sack Of Dollars In Container ($110,000) by mobillon: 11:53pm On Jun 22, 2011
What? The customs said the money and the suspect will be handed over to the appropriate authorities? This is Naija, I believe the suspect has now been released and the money "HANDED" to the "proper" authorities!
Re: Customs Discover Sack Of Dollars In Container ($110,000) by puppy2k(m): 8:27am On Jun 23, 2011
come oon people , open your eyes .oo .check the customs , the top officers at the port , majority i mean 99.1 % of them are from the northern states and they are all positioned in the most strategic port in the SS , do you think they will want any of us people that hustle hard from the SS .SE .SW to see any good thing?even after struggling all your life to acquire something tangible ? listen that 110k will run directly into the pockets of the officers , and the car? , that one na saaaraaa , them go sell am for their own gain and or be used by their wife's and other family members , abeg make una leave matter for matthias /, them declare 110k after them don pack al the one wey them go don hide and share amongst themselves , make una dey there dey look /,
Re: Customs Discover Sack Of Dollars In Container ($110,000) by MMM2(m): 11:23am On Jun 23, 2011
dats money is 4 my boiz angry
Re: Customs Discover Sack Of Dollars In Container ($110,000) by ibgreatman: 1:08pm On Jun 23, 2011
they stole my sim card here is my new number 07053100583.for those of you that does not know me am smith if you want glo free call just flash me on this 07053100583.availble to glo only.
Re: Customs Discover Sack Of Dollars In Container ($110,000) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 23, 2011
U SURE SAY THE MONEY NOR PASS SOOO, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Customs Discover Sack Of Dollars In Container ($110,000) by tEsLim(m): 8:29am On Jun 24, 2011
The only time a crime is reported to the news or blown out is when the person refuses to bribe and tries to be stubborn when they ask them to forgo say 20% of the money or even sometimes 50%. I've been there several times with the police for example. They either intimidate you to part with some part of such money or the case gets serious and worsen. And they can actually twist story beat you up to write statements if you are not experienced with them on how to negotiate or know when a lawyer should come in.

I dont think there is anything in the news. And that person must be stupid since he brought a container with cars, there are million places to hide the stacks. Just a lazy smuggler. There are million ways to bring in money in this new age. i .e Setup realtime offshore accounts with online wires facilities and a receiving drop in Nigeria; discuss with any of the corrupt bank managers they will be very happy to open a serious dorm account for you even sometimes the money comes in as an official bank transaction cheesy; he trying to evade tax in the usa and tryna evade fee from money launderers or even wire fees. He's a stupid greedy man that's trying to eat his cake and have it you cant dodge everyone. After doing runz in yankee get few $ks some people are just damn stupid. You can't cheat everyone a real G would know that
Re: Customs Discover Sack Of Dollars In Container ($110,000) by puppy2k(m): 10:14am On Jun 24, 2011
come oon people!! open your eyes .oo .check the customs , the top officers at the port , majority i mean 99.1 % of them are from the northern states and they are all positioned in the most strategic port in the SS , do you think they will want any of us people that hustle hard from the SS .SE .SW to see any good thing?even after struggling all your life to acquire something tangible ? listen that 110k will run directly into the pockets of the officers , and the car? , that one na real saaaraaa , them go sell am for their own gain and or be used by their wife's and other family members , abeg make una leave matter for matthias /, them declare 110k after them don pack al the one wey them go don hide and share amongst themselves , make una dey there dey look /,
Re: Customs Discover Sack Of Dollars In Container ($110,000) by splashbaby(m): 3:13pm On Jun 24, 2011
Can we now say that American border is after all porous, Abi Na naija smart pass dem, many questions?. At least what American failed to unearth our smart officers where able to uncover, Good work Nigerian Custom
Re: Customs Discover Sack Of Dollars In Container ($110,000) by Koolking(m): 3:35pm On Jun 24, 2011
They discovered more than that amount. What happen to the rest?
Re: Customs Discover Sack Of Dollars In Container ($110,000) by bay77: 3:40pm On Jun 24, 2011
Send EFCC there abeg! Well dem go collect there own sha.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Can Open A Wechat Pay Account For You / See The Alert I Got From Access Bank Today! / The Best Business With Regular Monthly Income! <<< Make Regular Income >>>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.