Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,850 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Nigerian Webmasters' Association? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nigerian Webmasters' Association? (3225 Views)

Nigerian Internet Webmasters Association (NIWA) / For All Nigerian Webmasters From Fouani Nigeria Ltd (lg) / Are Nigerian Webmasters Really Lazy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Webmasters' Association? by IAH(f): 3:59pm On Jul 02, 2005
My friend wants to know if there is any association or body for webmasters/web developers in Nigeria. Please give us a link to their website.
Re: Nigerian Webmasters' Association? by smartsoft(m): 4:12pm On Jul 21, 2005
Hey man thats what i'm really looking into we don't have that in nigeria. and i spoke with the IT YOUTH ABASSARDOR FOR NIGERIA, cos he his also a Website Designer, and he told me he havn't heard anything lyke that cos i was actually trying to moblise Webdesigners and Developers in nigeria but the ABASSARDOr advice me on some stuff lyke that.. though i'm oppurtune to be a member of Webdesigner and Developer Association of America.. rolleyes so don't know What to do on that cos no doubt u must have an office for meetings and all that
Re: Nigerian Webmasters' Association? by joftech(m): 4:27am On Jul 29, 2005
because no doubt you must have an office for meetings and all that

i think an e-office will make a better cost effective option. People collaborate virtually 24/7 on serious coding not to talk of ordinary meeting.
Re: Nigerian Webmasters' Association? by timba(m): 1:42pm On Aug 03, 2005
There have been several attempts in the past to form an association. I started one (not very active these days but I'm sure when I have the time or someone decides to join in the efforts wink then it would become more active) - You can find this one by visiting our Yahoo Groups home page. The second one I knew of (now defunct) is the Nigerian Web Developers Association. I can't remember the url now.
Re: Nigerian Webmasters' Association? by skima(m): 5:41am On Aug 15, 2005
My opinion is that, since everyone already heard it. I think it can start all from here. The by thinking big, something good will be achieved. Alot need be done in this country.
Re: Nigerian Webmasters' Association? by olutoyin(m): 9:15am On Dec 02, 2005
That's it?come on guys - LET'S DO SOMETHING
Re: Nigerian Webmasters' Association? by dapzzy: 3:59pm On Jan 06, 2006
I support skima opinion
Re: Nigerian Webmasters' Association? by Coder(m): 9:22pm On Jan 08, 2006
Sweet talk guys! We have waited long enough for others to come and bail this cat!
Re: Nigerian Webmasters' Association? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:03pm On Jan 08, 2006
Well.. my only advice is ... get some appropriate government official or wealthy private interests interested in it.

Why? simple, credibility, ownership and funds..

It is an idea well done (u could stick a fork in it) but i can tell you as soon as it starts picking up speed, somebody up there will notice and suddenly hijack or spin-off a parallel association sponsored by the government.. only there is no IT ambassador or the likes to run it, just IT-gaffed politicians who wish to use it as a medium to spend money.

If not for insight, money and clout the webjurist awards would be in the hands of some Ibrahim Mantu or the likes

Likely Candidates, Donald Duke, Jim Ovia, Gerald llukwe.

Why not lets do a position paper on it?
Re: Nigerian Webmasters' Association? by bolaoni(m): 7:50pm On Jan 18, 2006
Is there anything still been done about this? Please let me have more info on the progress report if any work is going on.

Bola
Re: Nigerian Webmasters' Association? by skima(m): 2:17pm On Jan 19, 2006
I dont think there is any yet.
Re: Nigerian Webmasters' Association? by my2cents(m): 10:37am On Jun 12, 2006
I would more in favor of a user group as opposed to an association:

A user group is where you guys can meet up, socialize, learn the latest trends, arrange seminars, pick each other's brains, invites speakers, etc.

This is as opposed to an association as at least I have come to know it, in the Nigerian sense of the word, which has a potential of turning into a union of some sorts. We all know about the possible negative outcome of unions (of course, I could be wrong, since I haven't been there permanently in a while) - wage fixing, strikes, political wrangling, etc.

May not be worth much, but hey, it's my 2 cents on the matter grin
Re: Nigerian Webmasters' Association? by skima(m): 10:44am On Jun 12, 2006
We have link here

www.groups.google.com/group/webdeang

we can alll share idea and brainstorm on bringing this dream to a reality.

Am developing a good proposal to back this up.
Re: Nigerian Webmasters' Association? by Seun(m): 12:40pm On Mar 17, 2007
What would be the purpose of the webmaster association?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Webmasters' Association? by goldenimp(m): 2:42pm On Mar 17, 2007
, strange though, i kinda feel we already have an association going on here in nairaland webmasters, my2cents is kinda right an association could develop to a kind of union and stifle some street taught designers creativity and efforts
Re: Nigerian Webmasters' Association? by kheme(m): 5:47pm On Dec 01, 2010
Well, if there is none, can we put one together??
Re: Nigerian Webmasters' Association? by bug24(m): 1:01am On Dec 02, 2010
just like u guyz put the web conference together ehn?

i'm still mad at you guyz for fkin that project up early January, now yall talking abt another thang?
Re: Nigerian Webmasters' Association? by kheme(m): 12:00pm On Dec 02, 2010
what conference
Re: Nigerian Webmasters' Association? by nairamaker: 12:06am On Aug 01, 2013
https://www.facebook.com/webmastersnigeria
For those who make money on the internet.
WEBMASTERS ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA
...the economy builders
08033148670, 08083267490
Re: Nigerian Webmasters' Association? by greenmouse(m): 8:11am On Aug 02, 2013
I sugggested that here but was really attacked on this forum. I think is a welcome development. Let's get it done and started.
Re: Nigerian Webmasters' Association? by nairamaker: 12:16pm On Aug 05, 2013
Yea my brother, there's no stopping, we drive d world's economy so we must come together and fight for a portion in the space called Nigeria. the platform will boost our performances and give us a voice in our industry. God bless u
Re: Nigerian Webmasters' Association? by nairamaker: 10:27am On Aug 20, 2013
Do you know that you can earn so BIG working for yourself as a part-time or full-time website developer and consultant providing your services to individuals and business organisations. Allow us to teach you web development with ease using Joomla.
These are what you’ll learn
• How to design, host and maintain database-driven websites.
• How to create advanced forms that allow visitors to upload files
• How to customize forms with auto responders so that your site visitors will instantly receive an email/SMS once they submit the form.
• How to manage users’ access, signup and login
• How to create a forum just like TheExpertforum.com using Joomla
• How to create and manage online registration/reservation
• How to create stunning slides and add effects to your site in one minute
• How to integrate Master Card, Visa Card, Paypal, Interswitch and other payment processors in few minutes (you don’t need to sign up a Paypal account to receive money through Paypal…..you will be introduced to a payment processing system that receives payments on your behalf through an automatic transfer of money to any bank of yours here in Nigeria)
• How to add e-commerce functionality on Joomla
• How to add search engine to a site
• How to design advanced multiple pages database-driven websites
• How to create social networking and community site like Facebook from scratch using Joomla
• How to create a banner management system on any site, so that you and your site advertiser can analyze impressions and clicks of all adverts placed on your website.
• How to make your site to be visible in all search engines. etc.
• HOW TO UPLOAD VIA CPANEL.
Duration – According to your assimilation capability but TWO DAYS MAX.
Call for Abuja, Lagos or PortHarcourt training.
0808 326 7490, 0803 314 8670. info@webmastersngr.com
Specially for:
• Web Application providers.
• Network, Intranet, IT Administrators
• Bloggers, Content Manager
• Online Marketing Professionals and Advertisers
• Students, Youth Corps member, Interns
• Managers / Employees responsible for managing/creating organisational content management systems.
• Etc
Re: Nigerian Webmasters' Association? by KivosWebmasters: 3:22pm On May 06, 2015
IAH:

The Nigerian Internet Webmasters Association (NIWA) has the following aims and objectives:

1. To promote Website designers, developers, programmers and freelancers in Nigeria
2. To help educate members on the need for ethical conduct during programing and web development and all other online activities.
3. To promote a positive online image for Nigeria through its members

Visit http://www.niwa.com.ng for more details.
Re: Nigerian Webmasters' Association? by KivosWebmasters: 3:23pm On May 06, 2015
smartsoft:

The Nigerian Internet Webmasters Association (NIWA) has the following aims and objectives:

1. To promote Website designers, developers, programmers and freelancers in Nigeria
2. To help educate members on the need for ethical conduct during programing and web development and all other online activities.

Re: Nigerian Webmasters' Association? by KivosWebmasters: 3:24pm On May 06, 2015
timba:

Re: Nigerian Webmasters' Association? by KivosWebmasters: 3:24pm On May 06, 2015
skima:

Re: Nigerian Webmasters' Association? by KivosWebmasters: 3:25pm On May 06, 2015
Seun:

Re: Nigerian Webmasters' Association? by ps3o(m): 10:40pm On May 09, 2015
that site is a nice development. but I can tell u that there are a lot to webmasters' association than a website.
Re: Nigerian Webmasters' Association? by brightak: 10:17pm On May 10, 2015
who are behide this association, many Nigeria Webmasters Associations have surfaced in the pass. it is well
Re: Nigerian Webmasters' Association? by Meritinfos(m): 10:25am On Sep 29, 2019
Is the association already formed and where is it? The site link is not functioning.

(1) (Reply)

Traffic Spirit Alternative For Both Traffic / Need Script, Or Any Solution For Website Design Task! / Nairaland Worth $1.06 Million Dollars According To Websiteoutlook.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.