Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,925 members, 7,806,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? (6028 Views)

Buhari And His Delegates Meet With President Of Korea / Caption This Photo Of Obasanjo With President Buhari And Gordon Brown / What If Amaechi Is Still With President Jonathan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by mallorca(m): 11:49am On Jun 22, 2011
shebi na una vote him, Gudluck to you all
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by egift(m): 11:50am On Jun 22, 2011
peaceland:

Hi All,
i think we should give him the element of the doubt. i did not vote for him; i like him but i also feel he's not as strong willed as required. however; this is a democracy - i am willing to give him till end of the year, then we should have a clear cut direction of where we are going.
this room is based on the believe i have that he's someone who likes to take his time - irrespective of what is going on around him; the little i know of Mr president he's not in an hurry to perform so why are we surprised - we all knew that from day 1!!!.
[b]so 6 months from now is okay. [/b]i am assuming he is not willing to hit the ground running; that he has not thought of a team to work with him since the campaign days; that he even does not have a working plan and would require some time to draft it. i am even willing to assume that he's not been in govt. see; i am willing to give him the element of the doubt for 6 months before making up my mind. i wish him and indeed all Nigerians the best of luck. we are in this together; courtesy of democracy  rule of numbers so the earlier we all join hands to make it work the better. lets not criticise him; he daily makes blunders but then he has been doing that before the election so its no longer big deal; lets offer creative advises until he fails consistently to take those advises. nice day

@ The Bold Part Above:
I hate when statements like the above are made - Jonathan have been president for nearly a 2 years now. Moreover he has been VP, Governor and deputy governor - he have been in the helms of things for 12yrs now. Just handed over to himself.

So what yeye 6 months trial period are you begging for?
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by akinnux(m): 12:11pm On Jun 22, 2011
The only thing wrong with him is that he lack the political will to provide good leadership in Nigeria. He is already part and parcel of the establishment so he cannot be part of the solution.
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by Azikiwe86: 12:12pm On Jun 22, 2011
My main concern lies with the assembling of his cabinet!! I await with baited breath, Things will begin to pick up. & When they do, lets hope it will benefit all of us. We just have to bare in mind that a country like Nigeria is not easy to run & all things that he does will take some time. so to answer your question.

JUST BE PATIENT.

A MUST READ---------->>>Think Africa Press: Nigeria Weekly News SUMMARIZED analysis all in one place, Written by Lagun Akinloye

(http://thinkafricapress.com/blog/week-nigeria-0)
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by dollypi(m): 12:24pm On Jun 22, 2011
What is wrong with him? The entire concept of the man as a leader is completely wrong. It is obvious to the whole world that the man is not a decisive person.

Just from reading his body language, one can deduce the following:
He is weak, double-minded, and a people-pleaser. He doesn't like to ruffle the waters, and is extremely laid back. It is also obvious that he doesn't think he deserves the post, from the way he talks in public, as if he expects to be discovered for a fraud any moment from now.

If he was MD of a company, the company would have gone under since, especially in these days of "business at the speed of thought".

Imagine this guy as US president on Sept.11
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by Azikiwe86: 12:47pm On Jun 22, 2011
My main concern lies with the assembling of his cabinet!! I await with baited breath, Things will begin to pick up. & When they do, lets hope it will benefit all of us. We just have to bare in mind that a country like Nigeria is not easy to run & all things that he does will take some time. so to answer your question.

JUST BE PATIENT.

A MUST READ---------->>>Think Africa Press: Nigeria Weekly News SUMMARIZED analysis all in one place, Written by Lagun Akinloye

Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by success4(m): 12:57pm On Jun 22, 2011
Jona who? I have never seen a WEAK leader like that in my life.
I have no shoe
I have no bag
I never plan to be,  These and more are his manifesto yet some people including SEUN promoted this rottenness to some un-informed Nigerians to vote him. He started with ULTIMATUMS,  ROFL

Thank God I did not vote him.

Some of you that vote for him because of biscuit, your future is being mortgage
Some vote for him on sentiment,nepotism,tribalism etc,  na never see anything oooo
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by earthrealm(m): 1:19pm On Jun 22, 2011
gej dey clueless and inept naah, hv always said it.

imagine during elections, he said he will build airports in all the 36 states if elected , wetin concern nigerians concern airport?, u are yet to provide the basic amenities, u r talking abt airports!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

even b4 his swearing in, HE WAS ALREADY SAYING THAT 4YRS IS TOO SHORT 4 HIM TO SERVE NIGERIA, imagine that kind statement, in a heated polity, when emotions are boiling, does it show a man with brains?,

his f[i]uc[/i]k ups dey too much abeg, i like as boko haram has changed tactics, they hv threatened more bloodshed if he doesnt reduce the wage increment that the national assembly is asking for.

those clowns inspite of the huge salaries they are earning.they r still looking 4 more, yet the govts can pay a miserly 18k minimum wage!!!

its only a tunisia sylr revolution that wud save us all.not gej, not buhari,
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by dayokanu(m): 1:19pm On Jun 22, 2011
Freshhh Air

Abeg leave my odechukwu for me ooo

He no send una message make you vote for am

Una never jam
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by dollypi(m): 1:48pm On Jun 22, 2011
dayokanu:

Freshhh Air

Abeg leave my odechukwu for me ooo

He no send una message make you vote for am

Una never jam

Lol!
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by rolchi(m): 1:49pm On Jun 22, 2011
Nothing is wrong with Goodluck Ebele Jonathan!

Goodluck Nigeria!
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by dabrake(m): 1:57pm On Jun 22, 2011
Just being a ND waznt enuff guarantee of ma vote. D guy is so intellectually myopic and hes so devoid of reasonin so, i decided 2 go 4 ribadu. , .

BTW, where is BEAF? He wuz ODEchukwu's no 1 campaigner on nl
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by duno: 1:58pm On Jun 22, 2011
NOTHING! He is just being himself (depending on LUCK).

GOODLUCK to everyone that voted for him.
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by federalist: 2:00pm On Jun 22, 2011
GEJ DEY TRY I  BEG.  STOP YOUR CRITICISM LOSERS!!!

" Presidency sets up panel on bomb blasts
By Elor Nkereuwem and Elizabeth Archibong
June 22, 2011 09:19AM
print   email    

The presidency has raised a secret committee to investigate last Thursday's bomb blast which rocked the Police Headquarters in Abuja, killing eight, wounding several others, and destroying 77 cars, a security source said yesterday.

The committee, which had its first sitting at the office of the National Security Adviser (NSA) at the presidential villa yesterday, will also probe all recent explosions around the country and recommend measures that could be taken to check the spate of bombings.

The development came after the presidency ordered the Inspector General of Police, Hafiz Ringim, to call off his planned press conference on the bombing scheduled for yesterday morning.

A police spokesperson, Olusola Amore, had said on Monday that Mr Ringim would address journalists to update Nigerians on the progress made in the investigations into the incident.

But a few minutes to the commencement of the event, Mr Ringim was summoned to the presidential villa, first to explain what information he planned to divulge to journalists, and later to be part of a high profile meeting where the decision to set up the inter-agency investigative panel was taken.

At the villa, the national security adviser, Owoeye Azazi, a retired General, reportedly upbraided Mr Ringim for attempting to brief the media on the incident without clearing from him and the president.""

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by olapluto(m): 2:15pm On Jun 22, 2011
A yoruba saying goes thus: The chicken laid 50, hatched 50, people complained, chicken laid 20 eggs, hatched 20 eggs, people were dissatisfied. They sold the chicken and used the money to buy turkey. Turkey laid 2 eggs, hatched one!
We as Nigerians are never grateful for what we have. I am sure not many posters have been in positions of authority before. I am not for GEJ, infact I feel the senate should kick his 'idi' by threatening him with impeachment.
However, I think he is doing something different. People blammed OBJ alot but I'm yet to count 3 former heads of state better than OBJ. I think GEJ is facing a problem not many people have faced.
He certainly is handling Boko Haram better than UMYA. UMYA ordered them to be killed, GEJ hasnt done such. He hasnt increased the widows amongst people with beards. We all should try to see things from different angles.
He looks weak and really looks gullible, but I think he can only be the best if we support him the right way. We need to make noise when necessary and keep quiet when necessary.
We were all quiet when he sacked 6 DIGs and appointed a 'junior' AIG as IG. We were all quiet when we needed to make noise on radio and fora. I think GEJ needs our support irrespective of our prefered candidates at the poll. Nigeria yi ti gbogbo wa ni.
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by EkoIle1: 2:20pm On Jun 22, 2011
federalist:

print   email    

The presidency has raised a secret committee to investigate last Thursday's bomb blast which rocked the Police Headquarters in Abuja, killing eight, wounding several others, and destroying 77 cars, a security source said yesterday.

The committee, which had its first sitting at the office of the National Security Adviser (NSA) at the presidential villa yesterday, will also probe all recent explosions around the country and recommend measures that could be taken to check the spate of bombings.

The development came after the presidency ordered the Inspector General of Police, Hafiz Ringim, to call off his planned press conference on the bombing scheduled for yesterday morning.

A police spokesperson, Olusola Amore, had said on Monday that Mr Ringim would address journalists to update Nigerians on the progress made in the investigations into the incident.

But a few minutes to the commencement of the event, Mr Ringim was summoned to the presidential villa, first to explain what information he planned to divulge to journalists, and later to be part of a high profile meeting where the decision to set up the inter-agency investigative panel was taken.

At the villa, the national security adviser, Owoeye Azazi, a retired General, reportedly upbraided Mr Ringim for attempting to brief the media on the incident without clearing from him and the president.""

Clearly, the guy is a serious dullard and a clear and present danger. Obviously, some forces in Nigeria are exploiting his weakness and cluelessness, unfortunately, Nigerians are paying for it with their blood.

This clown's solution to everything is to set up panels, never decisive measures, never presidential orders for immediate action on anything, never seeking accountability from the people he appointed to keep us safe. Maybe because he himself is a failure.

What about the panels from past bombings and unrests?  Where are the recommendations and solutions to prevent such from happening again?

In many sane and rational countries, the NSA and the IG go don get fired ASAP
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by egift(m): 2:26pm On Jun 22, 2011
federalist:

print   email    

@federalist: na you be the loser.

How many committees and panels have Jonathan setup and what became of them?
- Panel on Jos crises
- Panel to investigate who stole 50 years anniversary money
- Panel to investigate airport run-way contract money
- Panel for investigating second Niger bridge fund
- Panel to investigate Abuja bomb blasts
- One on World cup
- Another for NFF, NFA crisis

So many. Almost every month - anytime there is problem, he will not do a thing, he will setup a panel. What have they done? Who have been prosecuted? What improvement have we seen - Nothing - Yet billions are spent daily.
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by olapluto(m): 2:31pm On Jun 22, 2011
So people actually want a reactionary president. I like that too, but if we are to be more intelligent, we will see that being silent isnt incompetence. I feel the IGP should have resigned, but GEJ keeping him abit longer doesnt mean GEJ is ineffective, he simply is taking his time. I think we should help him by setting up a petition asking Ringim to go! He clearly is out of his depths. See this is what we get when we dont do things on merit. The people at the helms of affairs in this country are not there on merit, this is a fact, but we cannot do anything about it other than to help them. It didnt just happen in 2011, its been happening since before I was born!
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by earthrealm(m): 2:56pm On Jun 22, 2011
@federalist.its obvious  u r seriously deluded,  or u r benefitting from the gej  rule,

what has setting up a comittee got to do with the price of tea in china??.

this aint the first comittee to be set up in naija, neither will it be the last, soon now, the comittee members will start squabbling over seating allowance  and transport allowance, and will issue a useless finding at the end of 1month.after wasting more tax payers money

hvnt u taken a look at gej  cabinet  list?

just the same bunch of recycled old clowns,
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by EkoIle1: 3:06pm On Jun 22, 2011
ola_pluto:

So people actually want a reactionary president. I like that too, but if we are to be more intelligent, we will see that being silent isnt incompetence. I feel the IGP should have resigned, but GEJ keeping him abit longer doesnt mean GEJ is ineffective, he simply is taking his time. I think we should help him by setting up a petition asking Ringim to go! He clearly is out of his depths. See this is what we get when we dont do things on merit. The people at the helms of affairs in this country are not there on merit, this is a fact, but we cannot do anything about it other than to help them. It didnt just happen in 2011, its been happening since before I was born!

How many lives do you suggest we lose or sacrifice while your president takes his precious and incompetent time?

Unfortunately for you, GEJ is reactionary president, but we need a proactive and visionary president.
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by poweredcom(m): 3:13pm On Jun 22, 2011
"First, I must express my sincere condolences to those who lost properties during the bomb blast."  He then went on to declare that people who accuse his administration of lacking the backbone to fight this menace must not forget that even terrorists crashed an airplane into the White House.

Hahaha Nigeria is in deep poo.no electritity its even worse now, again, why why

sentiments of tribalism, he is slow, if he did not solve the power problem, thunder fire his family and generation,
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by CELLULAR(m): 4:07pm On Jun 22, 2011
http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/jonathan-nominates-siemens-bribe-taker-haliru-bello-mohammed-minister

In a discomforting sign that Nigeria’s new president will travel a familiar old track after all, Goodluck Jonathan has nominated two questionable men, Haliru Bello Mohammed and Yusuf Hamisu Abubakar Mairago, for ministerial appointments.

Mohammed is famously known as one of the beneficiaries of the infamous £8.6 billion Siemens international bribery scandal that spanned several countries and embarrassed Nigeria, while Mairago, who has been nominated to represent Kaduna, was the executive director of the Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF). He was arrested and detained by the EFCC for close to one year over his fraudulent activities in the PTDF.

Mr. Mohammed has previously been Minister for Communication. Recently, he was also the deputy chair of Mr. Jonathan's party, the People's Democratic Party (PDP).

In the Siemens scandal, several other Nigerian officials besides Mohammed were named by Reinhard Siekaczek, who faced charges of bribery in a Munich court in 2007. Others named include Tajudeen Olanrewaju, Cornelius Adebayo, Alhaji Elewi , and Professor Jibril Aminu, a former Minister of Petroleum Resources who went on to become a PDP Senator.

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) did investigate the scandal but no prosecution of the main culprits ever arose from it even though the former Ministers reportedly admitted to taking the cash payments from Siemens.

Jonathan’s nomination of tainted officials to high office is an important early signal either of weakness, or of readiness to betray the promises he made to voters as he campaigned for office, or both. On almost every campaign stop, he promised to engage in the “transformation” of Nigeria, including combating corruption.

For that purpose, some Nigerians claimed to have voted for him but not his party, the PDP, which they said they loathed.
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by dayokanu(m): 4:11pm On Jun 22, 2011
WHAT is Wwrong with GEJ?

See below

Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 22, 2011
God help us from the hands of vision-less leaders
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by Fire007: 4:21pm On Jun 22, 2011
A People deserve the kind of government they get. Goodluck to you!!!!
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by Logba: 4:25pm On Jun 22, 2011
We have lost another four years. I expect more names like Omisore, Olubunmi ette,Iyabo Obasanjo, Bode George etc on that list so that we can have a complete bunch of thieves. If we ever have another chance of choosing leaders, we will be more scientific and reason with our heads than by being sentimental.  For now, We wait on goodluck .
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by federalist: 4:33pm On Jun 22, 2011
earthrealm (m) AND EGIFT, GEJ is as I am speaking setting up a panel to probe u guys for treason and haul your ass to jail!!! grin grin grin grin

LMFAO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

And mind you, GEJ is setting up panel to help in contituting the best cabinet that will solve nigeria problem in just 2 months.

LOSERS, LEAVE EBELE ALONE. HE IS GOD SENT TO SOLVE NIGERIA PROBLEM.

OR YOU GUY WANT TO FIGHT GOD??
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by richidinho(m): 4:37pm On Jun 22, 2011
you and your people is the problem

your people tends to be the most uncivilized ethnic group on earth

ask me and i will tell u y
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by federalist: 4:42pm On Jun 22, 2011
"""you and your people is the problem

your people tends to be the most uncivilized ethnic group on earth

ask me and i will tell u y"""

PLEASE I AM ASKING!
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by cyril10(m): 4:54pm On Jun 22, 2011
GEJ will surprise so many people both on nairaland and out there. God usually uses the foolish things of this world to confound the wise, as we have so many wise people on nairaland.
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 22, 2011
president jonathan na ur mate?
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by samtoye(m): 5:09pm On Jun 22, 2011
Lets not complain guys, Nigeria is running on luck and if we are lucky enough Nigeria would still exist by 2015!!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Begins Construction Of Fela Museum. Eko O Ni Baje O. / Protest Will Continue Until Okorocha, Ekweremadu Emerges As President In 2019 / Northerners reject Tinubu at Polling Units.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.