Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,797 members, 7,798,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? (6023 Views)

Buhari And His Delegates Meet With President Of Korea / Caption This Photo Of Obasanjo With President Buhari And Gordon Brown / What If Amaechi Is Still With President Jonathan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by dasa: 6:52pm On Jun 23, 2011
What is wrong with you peoplke. its not even June 29th yet and you want everything to happen, less than 1 month after inuaguration. pls be patient. There is a gang up especially in the North to make Governance imposible for him. Una go fail.
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by onoerime: 7:58pm On Jun 23, 2011
kerosene issue has shown his strength of leadership
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by splashbaby(m): 3:53pm On Jun 24, 2011
GEJ is only a very dull man without any charm
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by jjc213(m): 4:31pm On Jun 24, 2011
how can kerosine be scarce
in an oil producing nation
with abundance of
petroleum and too much
crude oil. If u go down
south, their rivers are made
of crude oil. Their wells, no
water but crude oil. The
backyard of your house, no
grass but black oil every
where u go. What then is
responisble for the rise in
the price of fuel. If it is not
that Nigeria has tied it's
resources to this sector.
Our revenue now depends
on petroleum products.
That is not enough to be
fed-up, SUICIDE
BOMBINGS. The security in
Nigeria is so low that it was
to easy to bomb a Police-
Headquaters with out
being caught. A Police-
Headquater should be one
of the safest place. But is
clear now that they can
bomb anywhere they feel.
Pls what is our country
turning to? Is there any
difference between Nigeria
and the Middle-east
(Iraq,Afghanistan)? How
could Nigerians now be
terrorists, to themselves!
the state of the nation is
getting out of hand. I
heard President Jonathan is
"negotiating" with Boko
Haram, WHERE IN THE
WORLD HAVE YOU SEEN
THE GOVERNMENT
NEGOTIATING WITH
TERRORISTS?? it is outright
wrong! it is not done. They
said our president is scared
and wants the bombings to
stop. The terrorist will now
have a say. And after using
the billion given to them to
fund more explosives,
ammunition and some
more suphisticated artillery,
all they have to do is just
threaten that they'll bomb
again, simple. It's that easy.
If i join them i'll be rich,
because Nigeria has money
but are spending in the
wrong way. Note that the
Boko Haram -bombing was
not the first, there have
been other bombings
followed by a series of
threats, even MEND
owned-up that they were
responsible for these
terrorist attacks and at the
end of the day, an amnesty
programme, they're
pockets filled, they went
home happy. And when
they succeed squandering
those billions wont they
come back asking for
more?
The power supply,
electricity, it is bad that our
President Jonathan would
go out and purchase two
different million-dollar($)
private jets for his own
interest. Do you have any
idea how much one of
those jets would cost in
Naira? Billions! All he had
to do was apologise to us
after the deed had been
done, -'medicine after
death'. He should attend to
us, his nation. If he directed
that sum of money into
the power sector alone
there must have been a
change. Information i
gathered explains that as
long as Nigeria has tied her
resources to the petroleum
products produced they
must be a short suppy of
electricity. Have ever
counted the number of
generators burning fuel, if
u hear the amount most
factories and industries
spend on diesel in a week,
the amount is very
shocking, but where those
this money go, the money
spent on these petroleum
products, if Nigeria were to
'mistakenly' supply
electricity for 24hrs the
nation will go broke.
A change is what we need.
It doesn't have to be
voilent. Two wrongs cant
make a right. We should
not fight fire with fire but
with water, Love with hate.
There will be a protest,
next month, a PEACEFUL-
protest. We would be
marching with card-boards
in our hands demanding
for a change. You will see
us on tv but i expect that u
join us. And if you have any
other way which our voices
may be heard kindly drop a
suggestion here. A solution.
An idea. Thank you. One
nation under God, -GOD
BLESS NIGERIA, Amen.
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by chimaike: 12:01pm On Jun 27, 2011
egift:

Ok, I will answer your question and now ask you mine.

Nothing is wrong with me - Am just being a patriotic citizen of this great Federation that Mr. President is lowering its reputation and the moral of its people.

Now it seems as a young person, if you are not a tout, militant, kidnapper, politician, agbero or a Boko - there is nothing for you. The government will pay you very well if you start blowing up things. I have lost count of graduate who are jobless - Even government will ask 200,000 of these helpless youth to pay N5,000 to apply for a job that only have 1000 slots.@chima ike - my question for you
"When you campaigned and voted for Mr President, is this what you expected from him?" -- Egift

Please be aware that this country has been in tumoil for a very long time, also be aware that Militancy issues did not start at GEJ regime, Kidnapping did not start at GEJ regime, Boko did not also start at GEJ regime, what do you expect him to do? to send soldiers to go and bomb and kill them, of course if he sends military to go and attack them, some civlians will be affected, jst like the way BABA did at UDI in bayelsa and up to date they are still suffering from that attack. If GEJ is hard on the Bokos etc, is people like yuo that will castigate him of using force to implement things.

When Obasanjo was in power, how many jobs did he create, you should know that every year universities are producing graduates and unemployment would always be in the increase the way population of Nigeria is in the increase.

I am not a stunch supporter of GEJ, as you can say for Amaechi, but i think the man needs a little time and support. You guys should give him time.
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by egift(m): 8:18pm On Jun 27, 2011
chima ike:

Please be aware that this country has been in tumoil for a very long time, also be aware that Militancy issues did not start at GEJ regime, Kidnapping did not start at GEJ regime, Boko did not also start at GEJ regime, what do you expect him to do? to send soldiers to go and bomb and kill them, of course if he sends military to go and attack them, some civlians will be affected, jst like the way BABA did at UDI in bayelsa and up to date they are still suffering from that attack. If GEJ is hard on the Bokos etc, is people like yuo that will castigate him of using force to implement things.

When Obasanjo was in power, how many jobs did he create, you should know that every year universities are producing graduates and unemployment would always be in the increase the way population of Nigeria is in the increase.

I am not a stunch supporter of GEJ, as you can say for Amaechi, but i think the man needs a little time and support. You guys should give him time.

My reply in a nutshell: Our people say - "A dog that will bite will start to show it from a tender age".

Mark my word, except Oga Presido changes approach, he will not solve a thing. And if you are saying he will change tactics later, then something would have made him do - What will that be? (Tip: Our complain, lack of results, things getting worst, etc)

Nigerian problems will not just go away on their own, something has to be done. What is it our President is doing that needs time to mature? That is the question. Doing nothing tangible is the reason for asking: What Is Wrong?
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jun 27, 2011
(*strolls in while whistling to read topic*)

, thinks to myself "Una NEVER see anything yet. The guy go fall una hand pass this one. Abi no be una vote am in?

(*sighs out loudly and strolls off*)
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by egift(m): 2:16pm On Jul 09, 2011
For all those asking for more time, do we still need time before asking for Jonathan to lead?
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by apoti(m): 3:09pm On Jul 09, 2011
egift:

For all those asking for more time, do we still need time before asking for Jonathan to lead?

He already said he needs one year to settle down, he has just spent a month so please allow him wink cheesy
Re: What Is Wrong With President Jonathan? by egift(m): 3:56pm On Jul 09, 2011
apoti:

He already said he needs one year to settle down, he has just spent a month so please allow him wink cheesy

grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Police Harassment @ Jibowu Railway Track / We Will Destroy Kaaba: Islamic State In Iraq And The Levant (ISIS) / Middlebelt, Should We Still Vote Goodluck Come 2015 In Majority Like 2011?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.