Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,818 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

New Cabinet: Oby Ezekwesili Opts Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Cabinet: Oby Ezekwesili Opts Out (7385 Views)

Key Figures In Buhari’s New Cabinet And Profiles / Anxiety Mounts As Buhari Keeps Tinubu, Atiku In The Dark Over New Cabinet / Breaking : Buhari Opts Out Of Apc's 1 Million Man March (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Cabinet: Oby Ezekwesili Opts Out by HighChief4(m): 5:24pm On Jun 22, 2011
AHEAD of next week’s expected submission of President Goodluck Jonathan’s list of ministerial nominees to the Senate, facts emerged, yesterday, that the former Minister of Education, Mrs. Oby Ezekwesili was said to have been contacted, but she was not too keen about leaving her World Bank job for Nigeria now.

Her former colleague in the cabinet, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala former Minister of Finance has accepted to serve in the yet to be constituted cabinet of President Goodluck Jonathan because of her passion for Nigeria.

Vanguard gathered, yesterday, that Ngozi, a Managing Director of the World Bank bowed to pressure from President Jonathan of the need to come and help him succeed in his drive to reform the economy and the country, even as the President was said to have begged her passionately to accept the job.

While many nominees were working hard to sustain their names on the list, erstwhile finance minister and Managing Director of the World Bank, Dr. Mrs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, was on her part alleged to have set forth conditions for her to serve in the cabinet.

It was learnt that President Jonathan met with Okonjo-Iweala during his recent visit to the United States where he made the offer to her. SSS officials meanwhile have rebuffed claims that a number of nominees were refused screening by the service.

The Ministerial list so far:

Dr (Mrs.)Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala; Mary Onyali Omagbemi; Ms Jumoke Akinjide, Oyo state

Alhaji Yusuf Suleiman, Sokoto Alhaji Yusuf Hamisu Abubakar, Mairago, Kaduna

Alhaji Nuhu Zagbayi, Niger State

Dr.Mohammed Haliru Bello, Kebbi State Professor Rufai Alkali, Gombe

Dr. Tonye Cole, Hajiya Zainab Maina, Adamawa

Dr.Akinwumi Adefila

Alhaji Bukar Tijjani, Borno

Mr. Mohammed Musa

Mr.Bolaji Abdullahi, Kwara

Alhaji Yerima Ngama, Yobe

Mrs. Ada Okwuonu, Imo state

Elder Godsday Orubebe, Delta

Mrs.Diezani Allison-Madueke, Bayelsa

Professor Bath Nnaji, Enugu

Mr. Mohammed Adoke, Kogi

Dr. Onyebuchi Chukwu, Ebonyi

Mr. Labaran Maku, Nasarawa

Chief Chukwuemeka Ngozi Wogu, Abia

Mr. Odein Ajumogobia, Rivers SAN, Senator Bala Mohammed, Bauchi

Prince Adetokunbo Kayode, Ondo

Navy Captain Caleb Olubode, Ekiti

Professor Ruqqayatu Rufai, Jigawa

Obadiah Ando, Taraba State

John Madugu, Plateau

Dr. Shamshudeen Usman, Kano State

Olasunkanmi Akinlabi, Osun State
Re: New Cabinet: Oby Ezekwesili Opts Out by Odunnu: 5:57pm On Jun 22, 2011
Fine!
I dont even want her.
Re: New Cabinet: Oby Ezekwesili Opts Out by Mtnaija(f): 6:12pm On Jun 22, 2011
Fresh Air! You ask for it and this is it!
Re: New Cabinet: Oby Ezekwesili Opts Out by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 22, 2011
I am happy Odein Ajumogbia made it again.

A very brilliant diplomat he has been so far.!!!!!!

Wish he was rather the President, a breadth of fresh air!!!
Re: New Cabinet: Oby Ezekwesili Opts Out by MaiSuya(m): 8:57pm On Jun 22, 2011
Her former colleague in the cabinet, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala former Minister of Finance has accepted to serve in the yet to be constituted cabinet of President Goodluck Jonathan because of her passion for Nigeria.

Really?

According to another newspaper, she only agreed to serve after serious pressure from within and without, and on the acceptance by Mr presido of some of her conditions
Re: New Cabinet: Oby Ezekwesili Opts Out by OAM4J: 9:05pm On Jun 22, 2011
Interesting!
Re: New Cabinet: Oby Ezekwesili Opts Out by violent(m): 9:10pm On Jun 22, 2011
So Goodluck is doing away with Aganga? shocked shocked
Re: New Cabinet: Oby Ezekwesili Opts Out by musiwa45: 9:26pm On Jun 22, 2011
i know why jonathan goodluck  pick Mary Onyali Omagbemi, he was scared to  pick me, but  jonathan goodluck  is scared, that i may say no.  .  Nigerian promises you so much, but when you get to nigeria they disappoint you. Prove to me Jonathan Goodluck  will  keep his word.

I think
Re: New Cabinet: Oby Ezekwesili Opts Out by ifyalways(f): 11:17pm On Jun 22, 2011
I adore Mary Omagbemi!Hopefully,she wud end up at the sports ministry.
Re: New Cabinet: Oby Ezekwesili Opts Out by AndreUweh(m): 11:23pm On Jun 22, 2011
musiwa, :

i know why jonathan goodluck pick Mary Onyali Omagbemi, he was scared to pick me, but jonathan goodluck is scared, that i may say no. . Nigerian promises you so much, but when you get to nigeria they disappoint you. Prove to me Jonathan Goodluck will keep his word.

I think
Do you intend to compare yourself with Mary Onyali?.
Re: New Cabinet: Oby Ezekwesili Opts Out by Kobojunkie: 11:29pm On Jun 22, 2011
violent:

Imagine that oo !!! The man supposedly left his 1/2 a million gig with Goldmann Sach's for "his passion for Nigeria" , and he is already being dumped. lol
Re: New Cabinet: Oby Ezekwesili Opts Out by musiwa45: 11:30pm On Jun 22, 2011
I dont intend to compare me to her, but I know why they pick her. I know her life story from start to the end.

why do jonathan goodluck want me back in nigeria.  so he want the real segun.   I sound sweet over the internet abi.   

I believe a society must help its people. And I am not about myself. I am about my people.  since I know millions of life depend on me.
Re: New Cabinet: Oby Ezekwesili Opts Out by AndreUweh(m): 11:35pm On Jun 22, 2011
musiwa, :

I dont intend to compare me to her, but I know why they pick her. I know her life story from start to the end.
you have to do better than that, to get me return back to nigeria.

why do jonathan goodluck want me back in nigeria. so he want the real segun. I sound sweet over the internet abi. ok

I believe a society must help its people. And I am not about myself. I am about my people. since I know millions of life depend on me.
Sometimes I do not understand you. I thought you are a man of principle and whose belief in merging Yorubaland with Dahomey will not change. Why do you want to serve in Nigeria?.
Re: New Cabinet: Oby Ezekwesili Opts Out by OAM4J: 11:39pm On Jun 22, 2011
violent:

He might still be under consideration since no name was mentioned in the list from Lagos.
Re: New Cabinet: Oby Ezekwesili Opts Out by musiwa45: 11:44pm On Jun 22, 2011
andrew, where in the statement did I change. I said I know who she is.

I do believe so, after I have looked at the satellite pictures. I grew up with alot of Igbo people. that why I understand Igbo. What they are trying to do is win me over.

I do not hate any nigerian ,  i love nigeria than most of you people.  you can go and find out, I dont have hate in me. My vice principle in secondary school. Is C Nwagwu wife. the former director of currency at the central bank. he is the one whose signature use to be on the nigeria naira.  She will tell you, I had alot  of Igbo and Hausa friend as a child. So it is not an issue of hating anyone. but an issue with the satellite picture. And I dont want nigeria to have a civil war.

I will not be risking been charge for treason under nigeria law, if I was not trying to save people life. I know the life of 150,000,000 people depend on me and the satellite picture that i tell the truth. Knowing nigeria history, it will lead to a civil war.

I know mary onyali. On if I will return back to Nigeria . I will .  but I believe , people in nigeria can have a better life. and I can make that change with nearly 2 decade abroad. 

I know the system very well over here to make change. 
i get the feeling  Jonathan goodluck want me back in nigeria.  i am too open mind to speak the truth, can jonathan goodluck listen to the truth.
Re: New Cabinet: Oby Ezekwesili Opts Out by OAM4J: 11:58pm On Jun 22, 2011
Lord Have Mercy!!!
Re: New Cabinet: Oby Ezekwesili Opts Out by musiwa45: 12:08am On Jun 23, 2011
Andre Uweh , I am like a key that can turn impeachment on Jonathan or save Jonathan goodluck from impeachment.  since ACN is in control of the south west. I know most of them.

So when the north throw impeachment. he want to be able to block it.  but it this way, my friend and schoolmate father is the president of Christ apostolic church, I know redeemed church very well. my friend father started the celestial church of Christ. I know those in control of baptist church in Nigeria. the Anglican church head, sword of the spirit, and many of the church.

I have strong family root. that  can block an impeachment in the senate and house of representative.   That why I think Jonathan Goodluck want me back in Nigeria. base on some of his appointment.

this how the house look like, they will impeach him.

And you, i can change the life of Nigerian, by what I know. I dont say it. i know so.

Re: New Cabinet: Oby Ezekwesili Opts Out by musiwa45: 1:17am On Jun 23, 2011
Andre Uweh, because i know many igbo people dont change the satellite pictures. we still have problem in nigeria.
Re: New Cabinet: Oby Ezekwesili Opts Out by Nobody: 8:23am On Jun 23, 2011
Yes!!!! Musiwa.
Re: New Cabinet: Oby Ezekwesili Opts Out by ak47mann(m): 12:43pm On Jun 23, 2011
hmmmmm
Re: New Cabinet: Oby Ezekwesili Opts Out by tony451: 1:06pm On Jun 23, 2011
wtf is this musiwa guy on about?
Re: New Cabinet: Oby Ezekwesili Opts Out by Sagamite(m): 1:07pm On Jun 23, 2011
Mai Suya:

Really?

According to another newspaper, she only agreed to serve after serious pressure from within and without, and on the acceptance by Mr presido of some of her conditions

Because you have passion to serve does not mean you cannot dictate your terms and conditions to accept to serve under cretins and in a lunatic environment.

Kobojunkie:

Imagine that oo !!! The man supposedly left his 1/2 a million gig with Goldmann Sach's for "his passion for Nigeria" , and he is already being dumped. lol

He would be making 5 times that whichever private firm he joins now with the connections he brings and contracts/deals he can facilitate after being a Nigerian Finance Minister.

Finance institutions will be fighting to get him.
Re: New Cabinet: Oby Ezekwesili Opts Out by ideylaff: 1:30pm On Jun 23, 2011
Really?

Does Okonjo not have a mind of her own sef, Tchewwwwwwww.

All these excuses don't wash, men. a country of over 150 million begging one person to come and serve, as if the poor man will see the dividends of her work at all. Tchewwwwww

Whats the point in working /saving money for the country while anoda group/party/cabal spend it unwisely angry

if she has any brain at all she will stay away from these clowns

if she does come then she sef like the effizy of the job na by force,
Re: New Cabinet: Oby Ezekwesili Opts Out by olaolabiy: 1:35pm On Jun 23, 2011
Kobojunkie:

And, how much is that? Do you know what it means to serve as a minister in Nigeria? The fact is it fetches you millions.

Sagamite:

He would be making 5 times that whichever private firm he joins now with the connections he brings and contracts/deals he can facilitate after being a Nigerian Finance Minister.

Finance institutions will be fighting to get him.

You really understand how it works. He's an insider for life. IMF, finance institutions, etc will be happy to have him. He's a gem to them right now.

And, he's made some dough, too
Re: New Cabinet: Oby Ezekwesili Opts Out by TBD(m): 1:39pm On Jun 23, 2011
Fresh air or Business as usual  grin grin grin may GOD save our dear country from bad leadership!
Re: New Cabinet: Oby Ezekwesili Opts Out by ideylaff: 1:44pm On Jun 23, 2011
You really understand how it works. He's an insider for life. IMF, finance institutions, etc will be happy to have him. He's a gem to them right now.

And, he's made some dough, too

made some dough keeee hes' made dodo, more than dough,

most of our reserves are even held in GS as security, anyway,

but all the same the stigma of bn dumped after a very short ineffective stint at the helm  of the Finance Ministry might not go down well with him
personally and globally as well from a reputation standpoint

No be everybody ;like money, some get pride, he for no come at all,

There is nothing special that Okonjo is bringing to the table that Aganga wld not bring, he just does not have the know how of how to
handle these clowns, simple as.

what's the odds on Okonjo resigning again,

one mind tells me she has a Political Agenda or she is bn promised one. (make she go ask Donald Duke of Peter Odili)

9ja people are putting her on a Cockroach Horse, eshin ayan,

when she falls eeehn,,, = when she jabo's, na 4 free fall oooooooooo,
grin
Re: New Cabinet: Oby Ezekwesili Opts Out by olaolabiy: 1:51pm On Jun 23, 2011
grin^^^ Stigma? Abeg, that word no dey our dico.

With millions of dollars for im accounts?
Stigma ke? Lai lai!
Re: New Cabinet: Oby Ezekwesili Opts Out by ideylaff: 2:00pm On Jun 23, 2011
^^^ Stigma? Abeg, that word no dey our dico.

With millions of dollars for im accounts?
Stigma ke? Lai lai!

Lol, I was thinking as myself, in person, lol

shepe/u mean say Aganga no send stigma,

na Dollars he send,
smiley
Re: New Cabinet: Oby Ezekwesili Opts Out by Ericology(m): 2:11pm On Jun 23, 2011
mikeansy:

I am happy Odein Ajumogbia made it again.

A very brilliant diplomat he has been so far.!!!!!!

Wish he was rather the President, a breadth of fresh air!!!

The first thing i thought of when i saw him speak for the first time, Na Nigeria for u, The Utomis, Iwealas, Fasholas, Soludos and Ajumogobias are Ministers while the Atikus, Jonathan, Buharis run the presidency
Re: New Cabinet: Oby Ezekwesili Opts Out by Gbenge77(m): 2:17pm On Jun 23, 2011
That's a smart move by Mrs.obi.
Re: New Cabinet: Oby Ezekwesili Opts Out by Bawss1(m): 2:26pm On Jun 23, 2011
tony_450:

wtf is this musiwa guy on about?

Were you born yesterday? Musiwa is the one and only King of Canada. His maps speak the truth. smiley

musiwa, :

I know the life of 150,000,000 people depend on me and the satellite picture that i tell the truth.
Re: New Cabinet: Oby Ezekwesili Opts Out by daroz(m): 2:47pm On Jun 23, 2011
musiwa, :

i know why jonathan goodluck pick Mary Onyali Omagbemi, he was scared to pick me, but jonathan goodluck is scared, that i may say no. . Nigerian promises you so much, but when you get to nigeria they disappoint you. Prove to me Jonathan Goodluck will keep his word.

I think
musiwa, :

why do jonathan goodluck want me back in nigeria. so he want the real segun. I sound sweet over the internet abi.

I believe a society must help its people. And I am not about myself. I am about my people. since I know millions of life depend on me.
musiwa, :

andrew, where in the statement did I change. I said I know who she is.

I do believe so, after I have looked at the satellite pictures. I grew up with alot of Igbo people. that why I understand Igbo. What they are trying to do is win me over.

I do not hate any nigerian , i love nigeria than most of you people. you can go and find out, I dont have hate in me. My vice principle in secondary school. Is C Nwagwu wife. the former director of currency at the central bank. he is the one whose signature use to be on the nigeria naira. She will tell you, I had alot of Igbo and Hausa friend as a child. So it is not an issue of hating anyone. but an issue with the satellite picture. And I dont want nigeria to have a civil war.

I will not be risking been charge for treason under nigeria law, if I was not trying to save people life. I know the life of 150,000,000 people depend on me and the satellite picture that i tell the truth. Knowing nigeria history, it will lead to a civil war.

I know mary onyali. On if I will return back to Nigeria . I will . but I believe , people in nigeria can have a better life. and I can make that change with nearly 2 decade abroad.

I know the system very well over here to make change.
i get the feeling Jonathan goodluck want me back in nigeria. i am too open mind to speak the truth, can jonathan goodluck listen to the truth.

musiwa, :

Andre Uweh , I am like a key that can turn impeachment on Jonathan or save Jonathan goodluck from impeachment. since ACN is in control of the south west. I know most of them.

So when the north throw impeachment. he want to be able to block it. but it this way, my friend and schoolmate father is the president of Christ apostolic church, I know redeemed church very well. my friend father started the celestial church of Christ. I know those in control of baptist church in Nigeria. the Anglican church head, sword of the spirit, and many of the church.

I have strong family root. that can block an impeachment in the senate and house of representative. That why I think Jonathan Goodluck want me back in Nigeria. base on some of his appointment.

this how the house look like, they will impeach him.

And you, i can change the life of Nigerian, by what I know. I dont say it. i know so.
musiwa, :

Andre Uweh, because i know many igbo people dont change the satellite pictures. we still have problem in nigeria.

Insanity is a real seriuos decease, i pity this guy`s family.

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Must End Boko Haram In The North — Arewa Consultative Forum / I’ll Lift 80 Million Nigerians Out Of Poverty - Ezekwesili / When People’s Trust Presidential Candidate Took Message Of Hope To Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.