Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,542 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

Four HUGE WhatsApp Changes Coming Soon That All Users Need To Know - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Four HUGE WhatsApp Changes Coming Soon That All Users Need To Know (65079 Views)

Mtn Changes Recharge Card Loading Pattern And Reduces Card Pin / 9mobile Now Offers Free Whatsapp To All Users / Infinix Hot 6 Pro Users Need Ur Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four HUGE WhatsApp Changes Coming Soon That All Users Need To Know by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:45pm On Feb 08, 2022
WHATSAPP is planning a wave of big changes for 2022 to keep its two billion users happy.

Most new features are still being developed but thankfully the tech giant's tester programme offers us a sneak peek of what to expect.

WhatsApp has some new features on the way Credit: AFP

So, what's WhatsApp got lined up for people soon?

1. WhatsApp voice note improvements:

Voice notes are one of WhatsApp's most useful features, especially for those long tales you can't be bothered to type out.

But calls and other disruptions can easily ruin a lengthy speech, forcing you to annoyingly restart.

It seems WhatsApp have taken note and are working on a way to make it a problem of the past.

According to beta testers, a much-needed pause and resume tool is on its way.

There will also be the ability to preview your recording before hitting the send button.

2. Moving WhatsApp chats between iOS and Android:

Switching between iOS and Android is a major pain as it is, but moving your WhatsApp chats is problematic on a whole new level.

The company is apparently all too aware and is finally looking to solve it.

So at some point soon when you decide to jump ship from iPhone to an Android device, or vice versa, it'll hopefully be a little less hassle.

3. Reactions on WhatsApp:

The ability to like or heart a message on other apps like Facebook Messenger is really useful for quickly acknowledging something without getting sucked into a bigger conversation.

Well, it looks like WhatsApp is taking a leaf out of Messenger's book, as it too will soon allow you to leave reactions.

According to leaked screenshots, the reactions available will be the same as well.

That includes a thumbs up, a heart, a laughing emoji, a surprised emoji, a sad emoji and the thank you prayer hands.

4. Improved WhatsApp security:
With scams rife, anything to boost your security on WhatsApp is welcome.

For anyone that uses WhatsApp Web, this will be particularly handy.

The firm is working on a way for users to enable or disable two-step verification from Web, so you can manage access to your WhatsApp.

WhatsApp is owned by Facebook parent MetaCredit: Getty

In other news, Apple has revealed a bunch of new emoji for iPhone, including a pregnant man and two saucy symbols.

Experts have warned that future space launches could be jeopardised if "stupid" regimes like Russia don't stop blasting the skies creating debris.

And the most popular phone since the millennium has been unveiled, with many shocked to find out it's not an iPhone.

Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/17579550/new-features-coming-to-whatsapp-voice-notes-reactions/

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Four HUGE WhatsApp Changes Coming Soon That All Users Need To Know by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:45pm On Feb 08, 2022
Great Changes!

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Four HUGE WhatsApp Changes Coming Soon That All Users Need To Know by Odetokun3(m): 7:49pm On Feb 08, 2022
Nice addition.

Especially the voice note issh

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Four HUGE WhatsApp Changes Coming Soon That All Users Need To Know by Offpoint1: 8:01pm On Feb 08, 2022
They should improve their poor video services...

I can be streaming HD videos on YouTube and Netflix without glitches or buffering..... but 30s video on whatsapp status will take forever to load and keeps buffering every 2s, extremely annoying

267 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Four HUGE WhatsApp Changes Coming Soon That All Users Need To Know by LordLugard1: 8:06pm On Feb 08, 2022
I am not thrift, what I want is higher number of Watsapp group members

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Four HUGE WhatsApp Changes Coming Soon That All Users Need To Know by edoairways: 9:17pm On Feb 08, 2022
Nothing special

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four HUGE WhatsApp Changes Coming Soon That All Users Need To Know by DenreleDave(m): 9:28pm On Feb 08, 2022
shocked
Re: Four HUGE WhatsApp Changes Coming Soon That All Users Need To Know by Neimar: 9:29pm On Feb 08, 2022
Pregnant man sad shocked

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Four HUGE WhatsApp Changes Coming Soon That All Users Need To Know by aspabay(m): 9:29pm On Feb 08, 2022
WhatsApp has been good.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Four HUGE WhatsApp Changes Coming Soon That All Users Need To Know by tareigns(m): 9:29pm On Feb 08, 2022
Its a pity how the moderators push some articles to the front page. Articles that would naturally trigger bad vibes in an already unstable platform when it comes to tribalism all because of traffic. You even allow some people promote rubbish and despicable things on your platform E.g, Yahoo, rape even Cultism all because of the traffic and the money it brings to your platform. @Seun osewa, I am sure this wasn't what you envisaged your beloved nairaland to be. Yes I know that it is written in your T's & A's ( terms and agreements ) that all members are responsible for what ever he/she post but, with the kind of "butter hands" you are using to handle defaulters on this platform, I can wholeheartedly tell you that Nairaland is loosing it's respect and value. Reorientate your moderators and if that doesn't work, overhaul them. You are a Nigerian so I expect you to do what is best in the interest of your country.
Most importantly, you @seun are the alpha and Omega when it comes to Nairaland which means, "we see what you want us to see and know what you want us to know" through this platform which indirectly shows and depicts what you stand for, as a Nigerian. Don't throw your life's work to scavenging hyenas. Think sir.

61 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Four HUGE WhatsApp Changes Coming Soon That All Users Need To Know by Ayoola171(m): 9:30pm On Feb 08, 2022
Nice
Re: Four HUGE WhatsApp Changes Coming Soon That All Users Need To Know by Candidlady: 9:30pm On Feb 08, 2022
smiley

1 Like

Re: Four HUGE WhatsApp Changes Coming Soon That All Users Need To Know by luthorcorp: 9:30pm On Feb 08, 2022
Offpoint1:
They should improve their poor video services...

I can be streaming HD videos on YouTube and Netflix without glitches or buffering..... but 30s video on whatsapp status will take forever to load and keeps buffering every 2s, extremely annoying
WhatsApp is good, Facebook is worse.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four HUGE WhatsApp Changes Coming Soon That All Users Need To Know by Omicron007: 9:30pm On Feb 08, 2022
shocked

When will Nairaland be upgraded?

Fifteen dull emojis since 2005.

161 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Four HUGE WhatsApp Changes Coming Soon That All Users Need To Know by wumi2017(f): 9:31pm On Feb 08, 2022
Nice one

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Four HUGE WhatsApp Changes Coming Soon That All Users Need To Know by Goldbw122(m): 9:31pm On Feb 08, 2022
So when is the update coming?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four HUGE WhatsApp Changes Coming Soon That All Users Need To Know by lukuboi(m): 9:31pm On Feb 08, 2022
K
Re: Four HUGE WhatsApp Changes Coming Soon That All Users Need To Know by TeeGentle(m): 9:33pm On Feb 08, 2022
Wow
Most especially the reaction
Re: Four HUGE WhatsApp Changes Coming Soon That All Users Need To Know by BillionKnights: 9:33pm On Feb 08, 2022
tareigns:
Its a pity how the moderators push some articles to the front page. Articles that would naturally trigger bad vibes in an already unstable platform when it comes to tribalism all because of traffic. You even allow some people promote rubbish and despicable things on your platform E.g, Yahoo, rape even Cultism all because of the traffic and the money it brings to your platform. @Seun osewa, I am sure this wasn't what you envisaged your beloved nairaland to be. Yes I know that it is written in your T's & A's ( terms and agreements ) that all members are responsible for what ever he/she post but, with the kind of "butter hands" you are using to handle defaulters on this platform, I can wholeheartedly tell you that Nairaland is loosing it's respect and value. Reorientate your moderators and if that doesn't work, overhaul them. You are a Nigerian so I expect you to do what is best in the interest of your country.
True

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four HUGE WhatsApp Changes Coming Soon That All Users Need To Know by Thebig4: 9:33pm On Feb 08, 2022
Re: Four HUGE WhatsApp Changes Coming Soon That All Users Need To Know by Maj196(m): 9:34pm On Feb 08, 2022
They need major updates not these

1 Like

Re: Four HUGE WhatsApp Changes Coming Soon That All Users Need To Know by davidque: 9:35pm On Feb 08, 2022
Useful upgrades
Re: Four HUGE WhatsApp Changes Coming Soon That All Users Need To Know by Sheriman(m): 9:36pm On Feb 08, 2022
Omicron007:
shocked

When will Nairaland be upgraded?

Fifteen dull emojis since 2005.
Replicate it with Africa and Nigeria as a whole

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Four HUGE WhatsApp Changes Coming Soon That All Users Need To Know by sammysmiles(m): 9:38pm On Feb 08, 2022
angry
Re: Four HUGE WhatsApp Changes Coming Soon That All Users Need To Know by hustla(m): 9:39pm On Feb 08, 2022
LordLugard1:
I am not thrift, what I want is higher number of Watsapp group members

and the ability to disable whatsapp status from specific people or completely
Also, remove the ability for all users to initiate voice or video calls to you like telegram

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Four HUGE WhatsApp Changes Coming Soon That All Users Need To Know by tareigns(m): 9:39pm On Feb 08, 2022
exey:
seriously the tribalism here is something else

I have been in this platform for close to nine years and I can tell you that tribalism is at an all time high now in this site. It crushes my heart. We complain about south Africans ant their xenophobic traits which they carry out on "Outsiders" whereas, ours na we we ( ourselves ). And everyone seems ok with it... Even the owner of this site

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four HUGE WhatsApp Changes Coming Soon That All Users Need To Know by 900warriorz: 9:39pm On Feb 08, 2022
Fantabulous wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TECNO Spark 4 (N34,500) Vs Infinix Hot 8 (N36,500) Which Should You Buy?(photos) / Twitter Throws Subtle Shade At Facebook, Instagram And Whatsapp. / Twitter DMs To Have End To End Encryption - Elon Musk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.