Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? (64850 Views)

Poll: Choose your favorite three 'action!' screamers

Steven Spielberg: 32% (75 votes)
Martin Scorsese: 26% (61 votes)
Francis Ford Coppola: 9% (21 votes)
Quentin Tarantino: 18% (42 votes)
Peter Jackson: 11% (26 votes)
Michael Bay: 1% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Whos The Most Beautiful Lady In Hollywood / Do You Love Or Hate Nigerian Movies? / Charmed - Luv It Or Hate It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (60) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 5:31pm On Nov 14, 2007
It's official - am in loff grin grin grin Ok scratch that. . .am in lust! grin grin grin With beowulf's bod! Finest specimen i have seen so far shocked tongue grin You cannot imagine how much i drooled tongue tongue Oh for the guys, Jolie was nakie and that bod was banging!! tongue grin and on to the movie. . .

Graphics are tiote!!! Grendel - Jolie's son was ewwww grin grin Pus and all that, detailing was good. Story line. . .modified from the book - Vesc you know how it is, not adding overly much and not taking away enough to lose the essence of the book. The visuals though, am not overly impressed with. Could be lusher and richer undecided Direction was pretty good, some scenes i enjoyed immensely, some could skip on. More than anything i love the essence of the story. It's barbarians baby!! Just like i like them, it's valor, courage, cunningness, battle, faith, beliefs, principles and plain o'l love of fighting! Valhalla awaits only those who are brave and die a worthy death. Long live Beowulf! cheesy cheesy

My bro made this comment and i laugh tire! - 'Anthony Hopkins' genes are wack and not strong' LMFAO, when you watch it, you will understand that comment grin grin grin

Ohhh i saw the trailer for 'Jumper' - sorta x-men kindda vibe thingy. Main guy teleports. . .people with powers etc
Stars - Hayden Christensen (my young darth vadar husband grin), Samuel L. Jackson, Rachel Bilson - i think (O.C)
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 12:18pm On Nov 15, 2007
I'll tell you something else that's official. I'm officially ages behind on major movies. iice talking about Beowulf makes me feel like crap. The problem I have can be split into two. One; our friendly neighbourhood pirates are not working close to half the way they used to, thus they come out with udeless movies or too old ones, and unfortunately, even though I like to update my archive, I do not go out of my way to see an old movie out of its prime. Especially when there are tons and tons coming out hot and fresh everyday friggin day. Second part of my problem is even when the pirates come out with good movies, they now fix them among say 19 others that I've either seen before, not seen and not particularly ready to, or so stupid that I'd still not watch even if I was tied up and my eyelids were cut off.

mideval ass-whooping sounds like iice's kinda thing. Beowulf's got that and more packed from what I gather and someone told me the creep, Grendel's mother is so hot that she's on fire. Maybe seductive isn't appropriate to use for her. Well thanks for the warning, I'm not gonna be seeing beowulf with any of my parents anytime soon.

BTW, seeing iice drooling over Beowulf would be priceless, lol grin
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 3:45pm On Nov 15, 2007
Sorry o!. . .you need to work on your movie updates o. My next stop is Hitman, will see that one next week grin grin Not expecting much, but just want to see the gun works tongue After that. . .got my eye on I Am Legend, really can't wait for that one. Chaiii. . .your dilemma is painful for me lol. I cannot imagine surviving tongue Even got me 6 dvds today, i have another marathon for the next few days. Should be getting my next batch of dvds by the weekend too cheesy cheesy I did say i was obsessed right? tongue

A friend was telling me the other day, that 13th warrior is kindda loosely based on Beowulf. . .i need to revisit that movie. . .i liked it then, hope i still enjoy it. undecided Indeed Grendel's mum was smoking! She was sultry and sooooo deceiving cheesy Yes ooo me and medieval stuffs. . .but more importantly Barbarians!!! kiss kiss grin grin Haha! I would watch Beowulf with mine, i nor send tongue But it wouldn't be as enjoyable as with friends grin Hehehehehe me drool? If you put Beowulf infront of me now, i will drool grin grin
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Vieira(m): 5:25pm On Nov 15, 2007
I would love to vote on this poll but there are too many missing great directors!

Where is James Cameron?
Where is Sam Raimi?
Where is Micheal Mann?
Where are the Coen brothers?
Where are Tony and Ridley Scott?
Where is Christopher Nolan?
Where is Bryan Singer?
Where is Lucas? (I think he is crap personally but I know many who swear by him)
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 5:36pm On Nov 15, 2007
Errhhhh they weren't added to the polls but we discussed them except for nolan, i think. . .not sure

Vesc. . .think you need to add more to the polls
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 3:47pm On Nov 19, 2007
No disrespect to your people, but I think they're not in the same league with the guys I put in the polls. Great directors no bet, but the major criteria I used to sieve them is consistency and not just one, two or three times hits, out of probably ten. Personally I really like Ridley Scott with his 'shaky cameras' James Cameron in my opinion is a one time guy, Sam Raimi, I got my eyes on. In fact I've had my eyes on him since his, Hercules, Xena etc days. About Lucas, you couldn't be more dead on. Some folks are really fanatic about Star Wars. I like Willow more than anything he's laid his hands on, but then I'm not a regular guy. And iice is even more irregular especially for a gal. But on some thought I think I'll try to add RS, GL, and some other fellows that I think are real contenders. So I don't get people pissed.

And, um, one more thing. Viera, can I assume you're a gunner?
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Vieira(m): 10:06pm On Nov 19, 2007
Yes o, I am a gooner! grin grin

But back to the list, you have added Peter Jackson and Tarantino yet you think the others are not consistent?

Let me list thier great works.

Cameron:
Terminator 2
Titantic
True Lies
The Abyss
Aliens

Ridley Scott :
Alien
Blade runner
Thelma and Louise
Gladiator
Black Hawk down
kingdom of Heaven
American gangster

Tony Scott:

Top Gun
Beverly Hills Cop 2
Last boy Scout
days of thunder
true romance
crimson tide
man on fire

Due to time and memory loss grin I will not list all the other directors and their movies. The lsit above is not even thier full works but based on those only they beat Peter Jackson and Tarantino!!

Jackson in my opinion is over rated, he does adaptations and to me they are just average. I liked his Kong Kong but the LOTR trilogy was to me an overblown tourist guide to kiwi land.

Let us discuss, I love talking movies.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 8:32am On Nov 20, 2007
Hey Vieira, you've just refreshed this thread! Nice to know you're knowledgeable. If you read through the previous posts you'll find out we love all these guys. It's just that I didn't want to overflow the polls and get people in a tight corner choosing. Besides those guys are my favorites. If I had increased the list to say 10 I'd have added Ridley definitely, maybe not Tony. Cameron indeed has great repertoire, but I view films in the light of making something outta nothing. Cameron was responsible for making the costliest film of one time, and I liked Titanic only really because it had a great ending. But the bulk of the film is just as good as 'A walk in the clouds' I liked 'Lost' with Hanks more than that film for godsakes. As far as I'm concerned Ridley Scott is the real contender that I guess I should have added but, guess what? I can't! It's not possible to delete, edit or do anything to the poll, except I'm missing something. But to tell you the truth I just couldn't put up all the tightest directors there, nowadays they're just too many.

P.S. I think you'd better hope iice missed the bit about you thinking the LOTR trilogy was 'an overblown tourist guide to kiwi land' I think you're in for it. Brace yourself man.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Akin007(m): 1:31pm On Nov 20, 2007
dont know where to start from.
bin away for too long.
iice, ow are u?
missed ur jibes
spikyn, ow ur side?
i can c u are still as busy as ever.
just buzz in once in a while
jiddah, still a silent observer
reading all posts but hardly dropping a comment
versc, ow dey go dey go?
viera, welcome

james cameron is good,
but to whom much is given wink wink wink

sam raimi,
evil dead & the spider man series.
(not very impressed)

micheal mann,
heat, Ali, insider, miami vice, collateral were interesting.
but not enough to score u an 'A'

chris nolan,
i love batman!
what else
tell me prestige and memento and i will tell u that's all.

tony scott
enemy of the state was very fantastic
and 1 or 2 unions with denzel
still wont score him an 'A'

singer,
not serious enough for me.
a flash in the pan.
x-men was fantabulous anyway.

i would rather not talk about ridley

the cohen brothers are fantastic

but all said and done, the poll definitely cannot contain all the good directors
and there might be better ones, but not these

iice
cant wait to c Beowulf.

versc,
feel ur pain
i've not seen a single movie in 3 weeks.
either old or new
it's like staying away from nairaland also took me away from movies.

just stole in today.
till when next i'm chanced.
miss u all.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Vieira(m): 1:46pm On Nov 20, 2007
Is iice a LOTR fan?? I am hated at work due to my views on LOTR, I work with an office full of geeks and nerds (including myself).

For me a great film has to leave behind indeliable memories of great moments, like the "can you handle the truth" moment in a Few Good Men or the lobby scene in the "Matrix" but in the whole 9 hours (12 if you watch the extended versions) of the LOTR trilogy there only about two worthwhile monents for me!
Seriously if Frodo looked longingly at the ring one more time I was about to scream!

Nolan did Memento which is my current No.1 movie of all time, hence why I rate him so highly. His Batman was also the best of the lot so far.

Singer for me makes it more for his film The Usual Suspects than his X-Men, he is NOT a good action director and I find his X-Men movies very uneven in terms of pacing and climax.

The gun battle in Heat is one of the best shoot outs till date and will take some beating but Mann is like the opposite of Singer, he is a great action director but not so great on the drama and human side of things.

I saw Beowulf and while it was okay I was not blown away. Animation is good but the eyes still look dead.

I know what iice meant about the king having bad genes, I thought that as well. grin grin grin

I am looking forward to the Golden Compass, I liked the books (not soo much the 3rd one).
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 2:58pm On Nov 20, 2007
What a comeback, akin! Well I don't think I could have put it in a better way than u did, nice take. I liked the 'to whom much is given, ' bit most. Waiting on iice to spill her guts (figuratively) soon. Well I know what viera meant with the dialogue in LOTR but I still think there's a lotta good dialogue in LOTR. My favorite was Two towers where the dialogue was almost like poetry sometimes, but about the longing looks Frodo gives the damn ring, it's annoying. I wonder what makes him sooo strong to be able to resist the ring that's supposedly so powerful.

About Memento being ur best movie of all time, you might get back on the good side of iice. I also loved the movie when I saw it but my memory is kinda low cuz it's been a very long time since.

About everything u said well I think you're right on. And I'm wondering where you've been all this while Viera!
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 3:39pm On Nov 20, 2007
Hmmmm first off. . .
Akin shocked shocked Welcome back. . .we have missed you!  You should sneak away more often tongue Don't abandon us like before eh.  But hope you are good though.

Vesc, you make me sound 'blood thirsty' and a war-freak tongue Am not that bad undecided cheesy

Vieira grin grin Glad to have you here. . .not many people 'talk' movies that much undecided

Ok, am a big fan of LOTR. I can understand i think why some people don't like it undecided.  But its in a genre that i adore tongue
I despised frodo when i first watched it, frodo and sam ewwww. . .but after watching it a couple more times, i started tolerating him lol.  Vesc, my favorite is The Return of the King. . .a worthy finish to a beautiful tale. And despite the visual feast, i like that it focuses on characters.  Characteristics of times past. . .zoning out here tongue Nwayz i think Jackson did an admirable job considering the magnitude of the project.  I did like King kong (though, all that romance was erhhh).  I can't wait to see his next work.  (Ok, am mellow today, not going to go hacking people vesc tongue)

Vieira, right on the money, with the eyes of the animation (Beowulf) Awesome graphics but could have been tighter.
Yup yup Memento is like one of the best movies ever! Not for everybody!
Waiting for the dark knight! Glad nolan didn't disappoint like Singer did with Superman or i would have been heart broken to see my favorite hero prancing around in rubberized suit tongue grin and beating up toy people like say Mr. Freeze - the horrors!
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Vieira(m): 4:53pm On Nov 20, 2007
My claim to fame:
I was in Nolan's Batman begins.!!

Nolan's Batman was quite good even though I was disappointed by the fight scenes generally. They always seemed very dark and uncertain.

To me the Spider-man movies are by far the best superhero movies yet.

Superman Returns was an absolute borefest but again I repeat Singer is not really ideal for superhero movies, despite what he has done with the X-men.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 12:03pm On Nov 21, 2007
Really? Very cool!

Yup, i know what you mean with the batman. . .am hoping The Dark Knight turns out better (But sequels rarely are better than the first) I hated Superman! I expected more from that movie. . .Only person i liked was Parker Posey.

Me too, soo far, spiderman has been the best. Ghost rider was trash. . .

Ahhh am looking forward too, to the Golden Compass, hope it turns out better than The seeker.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 5:00pm On Nov 21, 2007
I musta forgot to tell you that iice is Mrs. Batman. She's in loff with the character more than the movie, so she can still appreciate the spidey movies as the best superhero movies of all time. In as much as I didn't like Superman, I think they were largely handicapped cuz there's really not much material and it'd be a sin to present Superman in a whole new light. He's still the most popular superhero. why? cuz he's super! The story of superman has been mostly the same cuz his love interest has always been Lois, his antagonist has always been Lex Luther, and he's always worked for Daily Planet and so on. Not much to change without spoiling the whole idea. Actually, I hated the film before I saw it.

and, uh, iice, I'll be more careful not to present you as a gun-totting war monger.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 2:09am On Nov 22, 2007
Shsssshhhhhhhhhh!!! tongue tongue

Hmmmm was supposed to go see Hitman . .but things came up.  I just read a review hmmm! Not good (the review that is) but am still gonna go see it - later perhaps - there is a scene i want to see. . .something with kendo blades cheesy.

Vesc, exactly why i didn't like the movie. . .we know superman and that was all that was given to us? undecided After watching that movie, i was like, wait is that it? I saw all the good parts in the trailer, and nothing was left to surprise us sad.  Kindda like 'Anacondas - The hunt for the Blood Orchid' (very stupid film) all the 'seemingly' good parts were in the trailer. 
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Dreloaded(f): 2:15am On Nov 22, 2007
Why is Sam Raimi even mentioned? All his movies are garbage.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by jiddah: 11:29am On Nov 26, 2007
well nice of Akin to ask after me,i just prefer to read what vessy and ice and vieiera(movie addicts-with ice ranking 1st ) have to say really. cool
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 1:12pm On Nov 26, 2007
Well, good old Jiddah. I'll take that as a compliment. And I'm sure iice does too. D-reloaded, please enlighten us on why you'd think Sam Raimi came up with garbage. Giving you a chance to explain before I go ballistic!
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Vieira(m): 3:10pm On Nov 26, 2007
LOL! I was alos upset by the Raimi comment.

I loved his Evil Dead movies and I also love his Spider-man movies.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 1:44am On Nov 28, 2007
jiddah cheesy cheesy cheesy
Been a while. . .you should come back often cheesy wink

I liked shaun of the dead tongue

Vesc. . .omg!!! I saw the trailer for Depp's new movie (sweetney todd or something like that)
Am in loff all over again tongue grin grin What can i say? It's the almighty combo of Depp, Burton and Bonham Carter (Just love her) And though am not a fan of musicals (still haven't seen moulin rouge undecided), i will make an exception for boo boo tongue kiss grin
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 9:31am On Nov 28, 2007
Hey y'all. iice, where have you been? Jiddah is like 'omnipresent', trust me. Burton, Helen and Depp. Never seen anything like that before. I think I'll download the trailer too, seeing how excited u are. Musicals in my own opinion too should be left to the indians or for Disney. Moulin Rouge and Chicago, never really seen them and never will really see them, know what I mean? I learned that Ironman won't be ready till next year. I don't know if they're running from competition or what, cuz the trailer looked pretty ready to me. Beats me.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 10:01am On Nov 28, 2007
I have been hmmmm good, naughty, invisible, cool lol. . .no mind me jo
Aha! omnipresent eh. . .cool tongue
Yeah totally forgot about chicago, didn't see that one too.  LOL when you first said indians. . .i was like what's he talking about ? Native Americans don't do musicals. . .then i remembered Bollywood. . .yeah i know. . .don't watch those either.  All that breaking out into a song and dance, doesn't do it for me especially when done repeatedly.  Though i remember Cry baby grin grin one of the first movies of Johnny i watched.  I didn't know what they were singing or whatever , i only had eyes for Depp grin grin Indeed, i loved corpse bride. . Helen, i never paid much attention to, till i saw 'Merlin' - A movie made for Television.  She was awesome! BTW i think they totally fit - Her and Burton - the whole wierd wacky crazy artists thing. 

Hmmm alot of movies are coming out next year.  Looks to be a good year for movies.  This year was successful - bringing back the fun in movies (lets not talk statistics lol) coz 2006 hella sucked for movies.  Sometimes its competition, sometimes its 'when' will bring in the big doughs, sometimes its not all agreeing (them studio peeps). . .

How'z you? Hope ya good wink
When are we gonna be lucky to see Akin again? cheesy
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Akin007(m): 12:35pm On Nov 28, 2007
[center]sneaking in again'
it's my ass on the line if i'm ever caught

jiddah
it's alrite. but a comment once in a while will b appreciated.

vieira
can c u a settling in fine. wats cracking?

spikyn
wea av u been

d-reloaded
wat do u mean?
i think not all his movies are gabbage though some could have been better.
but more gist from u might make us get ur point.
dont let those guys intimidate u! spill your guts, u av d rite to it.

depp & burton?
same tim burton?
that shd b the 5th or 6th movie they will b doing together.
alrite, let my pirates bro lay there hand on it as soon as it hits the cinemas

about bonham carter, we will see how easy it is to direct your wife though they both did it in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory but the role was not large nor tasking though i give them a thumps up for planet of apes.

we can only wait and c wats gonna happen

talkin musicals, avn't seen Moulin Rouge but chicago was cool

so was evita, truthfully i can sing almost the whole of evita

i agree we leave statistics, but it's obvious there were more good movies this year than the last n hope next will b much beta.

till i av d chance again,
ciao
[/center]
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 3:01pm On Nov 28, 2007
I guess iice's wish was fulfilled earlier than she'd expect. Politically correct iice! Indians and indian, Columbus' bad. Ten episodes into Heroes. One girl came into my office and was like 'what! u're still watching season 1?' Men I felt like crap. Plus my laptop can't play the DVD for some blasted reason. And I don't have a DVD player where I'm living currently. It's like providence ganged up to make it the slowest season watching a season of anything, catch my drift? It's alright if u don't cuz I'm not sure if I do myself.

Akin, knight in shiny armour. Benevolent knights also get their ass kicked, you know. Protecting D-reloaded and all can get u in the way of my artillery, lol. Nice to hear from ya bro. Sneak away more often and remember the cardinal rule: you're not doing wrong as long as you don't get caught. hehe, but u didn't hear that from me.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Dreloaded(f): 3:06pm On Nov 28, 2007
vescucci:

D-reloaded, please enlighten us on why you'd think Sam Raimi came up with garbage. Giving you a chance to explain before I go ballistic!

Is this a joke? What's so special about his portfolio? he's just known for B-grade horror and his spiderman movies that could be directed by any idiot.

Anything else?
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by vescucci(m): 3:39pm On Nov 28, 2007
aw now you done it. I'm going nuclear. Just kidding. But I'm really curious to what you hate so much about Sam. Not my favorite or even close but on behalf of Spidey lovers, he didn't spoil my mental image at all. In fact he enhanced it, cuz Spiderman became my favorite superhero after the film. D, can u tell me who your favorites are, so we don't get off the wrong foot (or feet) here, y knowattamean?
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Dreloaded(f): 3:50pm On Nov 28, 2007
Everyone knows Batman is the best superhero. Everyone else is lame especially Superman. Like I said any director could have done what Sam did with the spiderman movies. If you wanna congratulate anyone, give praises to teh camera and special effects crew.

Directors?

I dont have fav directors really, just fav movies cheesy I do enjoy Tarintino and Scorcese movies and Von Tier is good too. Oh and Gullimero Del Toro (check out Pan's Labrinyth and Devil's Backbone)

For GOOD suspense thrillers/psycho-horror, Chan-Wook Park(OldBoy, Sympathy For Mr Vengence) is excellent and so is Takeshi Mike. (Battle Royal, Audition, etc)
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Dreloaded(f): 4:19pm On Nov 28, 2007
Tim Burton is great too, if you wanna gogo-gaga over Sam Rami for Spiderman,. you might as well give it up to Tim for what he did for the two Batman movies
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by iice(f): 4:21pm On Nov 28, 2007
Akin cheesy cheesy Speak of the erhhhh. . . grin grin grin
Keep popping in when you get the chance aye? wink

Vesc, lol pele! Eventually you'll finish the season cheesy
Me? still working on some programs sad

Yeah Del Toro is good, though sometimes i have to keep reminding myself that the actor and director are different people lol. Vesc, really? spidey? I will say that the movie gave me a deeper appreciation for spidey, but he will never take the place of mi hubby grin grin Agree with D-reloaded on superman tongue
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by spikyn: 4:54pm On Nov 28, 2007
Hiya.

Just catching up on all the fun you guys've been having since I've been away and I must say I missed a bit. Welcome D-reloaded and my one-time-brother-in-comicdom Viera.

D, you landed with a bomb o! Sam Raimi did help with the revival of the comic-book movie though Blade would have to count as the forerunner and helped Marvel like manna from heaven. His original Evil Dead was actually good and while the other sequels were more absurdist comedies, the guy try sha but you definitely cannot list him among the uber-directors. Also Superman is not lame (most of the movies were but it's all the revisionist attitudes that make him appear so) but still "Mr iice" puts them all to shame mainly because he has no superpowers and they all still fear him, that beats everything and everyone. I bought a Batman comic yesterday, I'm very proud of me, LOL

Vesc, welcome to Heroes, I really hope it was as fun for you as it was for most of us first time round.

Tim Burton's Batman was the gold standard for quite a while and I still think his opening scene with Michael Keaton's Bruce Wayne sitting pensively with a very disturbing scowl on his face bathed under a weird blue light before the bat-signal comes up (Batman Returns) still is very memorable for me. He does very artsy-gothic movies that no other director can.

Oga Akin, I hail you, good sir! Jiddah too.

Sorry for the silence, just came back into "civilization" but prior to that I actually had written an extra-long post written out and everything and I actually thought I'd posted it but somehow I didn't and that ticked me off to everything.

Next year is going to be bumper for Iron Man/Batman fans etc

Oscar season's coming again, any frontrunners? Guys, over to you.
Re: Hollywood directors: Rate or hate? What's your Take? by Dreloaded(f): 7:19pm On Nov 28, 2007
spikyn:

Oscar season's coming again, any frontrunners? Guys, over to you.

1. The Assisination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (A+)

2. No Country For Old Men (A-), (-) for the ambigious ending

3. There Will Be Blood (I intend on seeing this soon)

American Gangster MIGHT be nominated too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (60) (Reply)

Photos Of BBNaija’s Lucy Selling Plantain / BBNaija: Mike Reunites With Wife, Perri Shakes-Drayton / Kiddwaya Offers Cee-C N120 Million To Leave The Big Brother All Stars House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.