Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

Maltonic And Maltex: Beware Of Impurities - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Maltonic And Maltex: Beware Of Impurities (5285 Views)

Sympthoms Of Blood Impurities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maltonic And Maltex: Beware Of Impurities by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 01, 2007
Malt Drink - Beware!

Beware of those malt drinks, be it Maltonic, Maltex etc As some of them contain dirt particles and all source of rubbish. A family member bought one recently, and the content was purely rubbish. Could you imagine finding a dead cockcroach inside of it. It was weird. Absolutely weird.

Next time you're being offered one, I'll suggest you pour it into a transparent glass cup. Or what do you think?

Don't be deceived by the colour, it could be poisonous.
Re: Maltonic And Maltex: Beware Of Impurities by Seun(m): 6:20pm On Aug 01, 2007
Cockroaches have been found in all kinds of drinks such as Coca Cola, Fanta, and Zobo.

Why don't you tell us which particular brand of Malt drink your family member found a cockroach in?
Re: Maltonic And Maltex: Beware Of Impurities by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 02, 2007
Oops, Seun, you changed the title, Don't you think this title is rather disgusting in a food section.

Answer to your question.
Thanks for that observation, It's just that I'm careful not to indict any Company here, by mentioning their names. I once had an experience when i visited a friend and was offered a malt drink, but in the so called malt drink was a big cockroach embarassed embarassed, while that of my relative happened most recently(Another Brand of Malt Drink now tongue ). I think it's becoming rampant and that's my reason for crying out loud: BEWARE OF MALT DRINK.
Re: Maltonic And Maltex: Beware Of Impurities by Seun(m): 11:32am On Aug 02, 2007
You don't want to "indict a company" here, but you are ready to indict all malt drink manufacturers?
Re: Maltonic And Maltex: Beware Of Impurities by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 02, 2007
Seun:

You don't want to "indict a company" here, but you are ready to indict all malt drink manufacturers?

Ok, I accept.

The malt drinks: MALTONIC & MALTEX.
But what have you got to do with the names angry I just feel it's necessary for people to take precautions when drinking such black currants! !

But could you pls, change the title wink wink It's sordid.
Re: Maltonic And Maltex: Beware Of Impurities by ytex82(m): 10:09pm On Aug 02, 2007
my friend said she saw cockroach in five alive too. sad
Re: Maltonic And Maltex: Beware Of Impurities by Nobody: 12:27am On Aug 03, 2007
here in the USA people have found everything from a severed finger to a hypodermic needle in a hamburger.
Cockroach is nothing compared to these.

Just say your prayers,close your eyes and drink the contents of that dark bottle.
That's what I do grin
Re: Maltonic And Maltex: Beware Of Impurities by taj: 12:50am On Aug 03, 2007
If such is the case please with evidence report the situation to NAFDAC. Our lives should not be endangered because of some people hungry for money.
Re: Maltonic And Maltex: Beware Of Impurities by tpia: 2:02am On Aug 03, 2007
taj:

If such is the case please with evidence report the situation to NAFDAC. Our lives should not be endangered because of some people hungry for money.

exactly.

if something is wrong with the manufacturers' quality control, then they need to be notified. Since they dont know.
Re: Maltonic And Maltex: Beware Of Impurities by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 03, 2007
I think the way we store our stuff is the bad thing, if you can notice recently that pepsi and group is now making the cork tighter so i think the problem is that the cockroach got there when very small abd got bigger. Sorry
Re: Maltonic And Maltex: Beware Of Impurities by Raymond88(m): 9:58am On Aug 03, 2007
@ OlowoTee
I think you should make this MORE public though, if someone dies from this due to ignorance, it could be your fault.
Re: Maltonic And Maltex: Beware Of Impurities by Seun(m): 9:58am On Aug 03, 2007
I don't think people will die just because there's a cockroach in their Malt drink. Your stomach can handle it. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Maltonic And Maltex: Beware Of Impurities by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 03, 2007
It was a nasty experience, having drank part of the cockcroach unknowingly.
Re: Maltonic And Maltex: Beware Of Impurities by hola2ng(m): 12:07pm On Aug 03, 2007
Re: Maltonic And Maltex: Beware Of Impurities by prettychic(f): 2:56pm On Aug 03, 2007
CAN YOU IMAGINE!!! angry angry angry COCKROACH IN A BEVERAGE DRINK!!!! WHEN WILL THINGS EVER BE CORRECTLY DONE IN THIS COUNTRY!!
THE FUNNIEST ASPECT OF IT IS THAT THERE ARE ACTUALLY SOME WHO ARE QUITE INSENSITIVE ABOUT HOW CRITICAL THE SITUATION HERE IS! embarassed shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Maltonic And Maltex: Beware Of Impurities by omoge(f): 3:58pm On Aug 03, 2007
i think it's cuz they didn't clean the bottle well or didn't clean it at all before filling with drink. when i was in Nigeria i saw the brownish bean-like capsules that normally change to nymph cockroach in my coke too. i felt so repulsed cuz i have been drinking it. i had to throw up!!

it's not healthy. if i want to eat cockroaches, i can as well go catch them and fry it myself with salt and pepper not seeing it inside my drink @ Seun
Re: Maltonic And Maltex: Beware Of Impurities by alarinka(m): 4:25pm On Aug 03, 2007
malt drinks both maltex and maltina contain impurities, saw one live and direct last week, i think the companies need to overhaul their quality control dept, some heads must roll, before they perforate some stomachs thro their careless acts!!!!!!!!!
Re: Maltonic And Maltex: Beware Of Impurities by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 03, 2007
alarinka:

malt drinks both maltex and maltina contain impurities, saw one live and direct last week, i think the companies need to overhaul their quality control dept, some heads must roll, before they perforate some stomachs thro their careless acts!!!!!!!!!

Purely Rubbish Content. I thot I was the only one testifying to this. The retailer of the product wasn't too surprised when it was returned to her, She was like, we should thank God it wasn't worse than that at least it was a cockcroach. She narrated her personal ordeal too. I think NAFDAC do something about it. Those bottles need to be thoroughly washed before refilling. smiley
Re: Maltonic And Maltex: Beware Of Impurities by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 03, 2007
It's about time those bottles became disposable.
That's what happens here,drink goya malta,throway bottle.
no need for washing anything.

It gives me the hibby jeebies that we are still sucking from bottles that were used by people with all types of diseases.
The bottle with cockroaches may have also contained the saliva backwash of a drug resistant TB patient.
Or may have borne the liquid accompaniment an AIDS patient drank before being transported to the pearly gates cry cry cry
TUFIAKWA
Re: Maltonic And Maltex: Beware Of Impurities by Seun(m): 7:43pm On Aug 03, 2007
HIV doesn't last long outside the human body, but I don't know about TB. It's not a malt problem only, anyway.
Re: Maltonic And Maltex: Beware Of Impurities by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 03, 2007
Seun:

HIV doesn't last long outside the human body, but I don't know about TB. It's not a malt problem only, anyway.

I know that about HIV but the thought of it is not palatable.
sadly TB spores can last a very long time.
Ordinary disinfectants don't even kill them all.
Re: Maltonic And Maltex: Beware Of Impurities by omoge(f): 11:44pm On Aug 03, 2007
the way Seun is talking, we need to feed him maltex with cockroaches and its eggs in batchy as usual grin maybe then you will understand what it means to drink cockroach infested maltex cool
Re: Maltonic And Maltex: Beware Of Impurities by tollu: 3:05pm On Aug 04, 2007
I put a bottle of Hi-malt in the freezer before loggin on and this has so totally put me off the drink. Cockroaches are just so gross, 'can't stand them. I support those who say disposable bottles is the way to go. How can i meet a fucking cockroach in my drink! *goose pimples*
Re: Maltonic And Maltex: Beware Of Impurities by rowlandwhy: 3:20pm On Aug 04, 2007
Olowu
Why not try and see the cockroach when the drink is yet uncorked
You can take it to the manufacturers and threaten to sue them to court.
after this they will give u thosuands of naira grin
Re: Maltonic And Maltex: Beware Of Impurities by rowlandwhy: 3:22pm On Aug 04, 2007
Seun:

I don't think people will die just because there's a cockroach in their Malt drink. Your stomach can handle it. cheesy

I feel u Seun<
Cockroach is also a good source of protein grin tongue
Re: Maltonic And Maltex: Beware Of Impurities by tollu: 4:43pm On Aug 04, 2007
By the way, i just drank the malt and thank goodess i didn't come across any unexpected lumps. @rowlandwhy, i'll pass on that kind of protein. (not that i can grow any taller anyways)
Re: Maltonic And Maltex: Beware Of Impurities by champredd(m): 5:34pm On Aug 04, 2007
tollu:

II support those who say disposable bottles is the way to go.

Disposable bottles? what the heck? when our environment is so dirty already. Increasing the use of disposable bottles now is going to contribute to our already enormous environmental problems.
Re: Maltonic And Maltex: Beware Of Impurities by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 04, 2007
tollu:

By the way, i just drank the malt and thank goodess i didn't come across any unexpected lumps. @rowlandwhy, i'll pass on that kind of protein. (not that i can grow any taller anyways)

now I feel like throwing up.
cockroaches yucky! yuck!! yuck!!!
Re: Maltonic And Maltex: Beware Of Impurities by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 06, 2007
omoge:

it's not healthy. if i want to eat cockroaches, i can as well go catch them and fry it myself with salt and pepper not seeing it inside my drink @ Seun

I feel you ma sista. It's becoming unbecoming

omoge:

the way Seun is talking, we need to feed him maltex with cockroaches and its eggs in batchy as usual grin maybe then you will understand what it means to drink cockroach infested maltex cool

grin maybe grin

hola2ng:

And did you see a doctor after swallowing such contents ?

Tanx for your concern my broda, I couldn't get to see the Doctor, I just had to let it go and learn to be more careful next time. wink
Re: Maltonic And Maltex: Beware Of Impurities by Shaunscot(m): 10:41am On Aug 06, 2007
babyosisi:

here in the USA people have found everything from a severed finger to a hypodermic needle in a hamburger.
Cockroach is nothing compared to these.

Just say your prayers,close your eyes and drink the contents of that dark bottle.
That's what I do
I think that was Phoebe in an episode of friends.
Well,Its very unimaginable finding anything in your drink and even if it tasted okay,when u realise what you've been drinking,you immediately develop a bad taste in ur mouth
Re: Maltonic And Maltex: Beware Of Impurities by funmise(f): 4:38pm On Aug 06, 2007
The best thing is to sue the company for compensation.

For causing, psychological distress.
Re: Maltonic And Maltex: Beware Of Impurities by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 06, 2007
Shaunscot:

I think that was Phoebe in an episode of friends.
Well,Its very unimaginable finding anything in your drink and even if it tasted okay,when u realise what you've been drinking,you immediately develop a bad taste in your mouth

who is phoebe?
there was a finger in a bowl of chili from wendy's a couple of years ago.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Need A New Sleeping Mattress,which Product Is Very Good? / Early Pregnancy Signs: Lower Back And Abdominal Pain That Comes And Goes / Why Do Women's (who Stay Together) Menstrual Cycles Get In Sync?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.