Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,575 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (293256 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:05pm On Aug 04, 2011
rastaman20:

Oga Spyder880. i am so happy that your project is on its final stage.

Pls i have this question to ask, Since this is your project,your profersional fees are not included grin grin grin grin grin when summarying up the real cost of buliding right?.

Supposing, if a client required yourservices on this particular project you have , building on the same location, Pls sir what is your fees?

Sir, you know that this is a school grin grin grin grin grin.like a student,i knows that some of your students will like to know too.

Looking at it  from the other side, (investment purpose).before the actual figure is achieved, the total cost of everything must be acknowledged.

You cannt tell me that you will building for free. if not for you, your Family must chop, grin grin grin grin grin. Even my little sister that just arrived, alot of milk is needed. grin grin grin grin.is not easy oooo, grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

My brother, this one hard ooo grin cheesy grin wink But I will answer the question, I will be open like I always am, this may scare some people off but this is me, and I do my things with all manner of honesty and openness. The zeal I will use in building my house is the same drive I use to build for others, only that I add much more care in spending another person's money in order to preserve my integrity.

If some people here gets to hear the price I charge to build a house, they will wire me a slap, and since I am not physically near them, they can send me an e-slap grin grin
The day my engineer got to know how much I charged for the 5 bedroom duplex I am building, he looked at me like I was mad, with pity in his eyes, he told me that he cannot even do a fence for the amount I charged to do a duplex, and the site is a good 42 kilometers from my base, speeding on a bumpy untarred road which I must visit at least 4 times in each week!! He asked me why I am charging so low and I told him the money is only to pay him and my architect to stay on site and add their knowledge to my experience (together we make a great team).

That was then sha, for what I will charge to do this my house in the same location now, it all depends, If the owner of the house will be buying all the materials himself or have my materials delivered and ready to use, I will charge only 350k (paying my experts and everything) if its in my location as you asked. But if I will spend the extra time and energy to procure materials and chase suppliers around, I will increase it to 500k for a duplex. This will hold for most parts of Enugu town. But there will always be discounts for Nairalanders grin cheesy grin grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by rastaman20(m): 12:15am On Aug 05, 2011
spyder880:

My brother, this one hard ooo grin cheesy grin wink But I will answer the question, I will be open like I always am, this may scare some people off but this is me, and I do my things with all manner of honesty and openness. The zeal I will use in building my house is the same drive I use to build for others, only that I add much more care in spending another person's money in order to preserve my integrity.

If some people here gets to hear the price I charge to build a house, they will wire me a slap, and since I am not physically near them, they can send me an e-slap grin grin
The day my engineer got to know how much I charged for the 5 bedroom duplex I am building, he looked at me like I was mad, with pity in his eyes, he told me that he cannot even do a fence for the amount I charged to do a duplex, and the site is a good 42 kilometers from my base, speeding on a bumpy untarred road which I must visit at least 4 times in each week!! He asked me why I am charging so low and I told him the money is only to pay him and my architect to stay on site and add their knowledge to my experience (together we make a great team).

That was then sha, for what I will charge to do this my house in the same location now, it all depends, If the owner of the house will be buying all the materials himself or have my materials delivered and ready to use, I will charge only 350k (paying my experts and everything) if its in my location as you asked. But if I will spend the extra time and energy to procure materials and chase suppliers around, I will increase it to 500k for a duplex. This will hold for most parts of Enugu town. But there will always be discounts for Nairalanders grin cheesy grin grin

Well answered. well understood.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by DCGUY: 1:35am On Aug 05, 2011
@ganny1, thanks for the tip. @ all the gurus, we it be advisable to use three boards for raft foundation, and perhaps 1 couch of block to before German floor? or am I compromising safety? its a personal house, and location is in Ajah area
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 8:06am On Aug 05, 2011
I bought some materials that will be used to do my lintels yesterday and some to continue block making as there is no more blocks at my site. I bought 80 legnths of 12mm rods yesterday and more cement to be used to make the blocks. By the time the iron benders will finish fixing the pillars, there may be blocks ready to go up and form more rooms so we can complete the lintels.
The iron benders will start working by tomorrow.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 8:20am On Aug 05, 2011
I might just buy blocks afterall, just called my block maker to know if he is still going to make blocks for me and he said we cannot work today because its raining at my site, now if I don't buy blocks there will be delays which will also delay the iron bender. I am going out to investigate the price difference.
Cost updates later this evening.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by atasteve: 11:16am On Aug 05, 2011
When a man is fortunate enough to be taught by Profs then the man becomes very smart.  smiley

So much have been learnt so far. Thanks all.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 3:16pm On Aug 05, 2011
^^^ True Dat
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 4:16pm On Aug 05, 2011
We didn't do any works today, it was raining in most parts of Enugu and most people were indoors. We shall continue tomorrow.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 4:35pm On Aug 05, 2011
^^^ Ok, will be back tomorrow to see more
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by rastaman20(m): 5:02pm On Aug 05, 2011
That is nature at work. so have some rest too grin grin grin grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 11:56am On Aug 06, 2011
In this site my iron benders are on duty forming pillar rods and my bricklayers are laying more blocks. It is raining here since morning and we are all under the rain. I know the sun will come out soon.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by MPEROR: 1:20pm On Aug 06, 2011
Mr Spiderman your price is reasonable i better hurry up b/4 your price go up

how much will you charge in Uyo? if i provide the accommodation for you?

would you prefer to use your crew?

i would

Thanks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 1:43pm On Aug 06, 2011
@ MPEROR, Uyo far o, but nothing is impossible. When you are ready please send me a mail through my yahoo mail. Thank you.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 5:28pm On Aug 06, 2011
spyder880:

@ MPEROR, Uyo far o, but nothing is impossible. When you are ready please send me a mail through my yahoo mail. Thank you.

Customer service at its best . . . .
Where are updates oh . . . Lol
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by DCGUY: 6:17pm On Aug 06, 2011
@brabus; will it be advisable to use three boards for raft foundation, and perhaps 1 couch of block before German floor? or am I compromising safety? its a personal house, and location is in Ajah area
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by DCGUY: 6:19pm On Aug 06, 2011
@brabus; will it be advisable to use three boards for raft foundation, and perhaps 1 couch of block before German floor? or am I compromising safety? its a personal house, and location is in Ajah area
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 7:14am On Aug 07, 2011
Work went on very well yesterday in this site, my workers braved the rains and were pushing ahead under the rain and cold. I love their commitment and determination to work. Their attitude to work is commendable.
The iron benders have cut up all the rods needed for the pillars and will start forming the pillars and making beams for the lintels from Monday or Tuesday. The bricklayer tried also and will be working again from Monday, some sections of the house has grown to lintel levels. Will show pictures after I visit the site this evening.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by remcoface: 4:43pm On Aug 07, 2011
Happy Sunday.Nice one grin grin.Waiting for update.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:07pm On Aug 07, 2011
^^^ later this night.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by remcoface: 7:10pm On Aug 07, 2011
Okay grin grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by remcoface: 7:26pm On Aug 07, 2011
Gone
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 7:51pm On Aug 07, 2011
Eyes are itchy for more update . . . .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 8:18pm On Aug 07, 2011
I went to this site this evening and was impressed by the quality of blocks laid yesterday. My bricklayers has improved considerably since last job they did. Its good to flex your muscle a s a manager sometimes, if not for the sack of some people, I will still be showing pictures here of uneven block works. These remaining workers are good. Loading the pictures.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by remcoface: 8:24pm On Aug 07, 2011
That's great, Waiting  grin grin grin grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 8:25pm On Aug 07, 2011
Lemme grab a chair and get some wine and be ready to see new stuff
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 8:41pm On Aug 07, 2011
^^^ Angles never covered before, I wish the network connection will cooperate on my lappy.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 8:44pm On Aug 07, 2011
I am sure ntwk will be fine
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:24pm On Aug 07, 2011
some pictures of the current look

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:28pm On Aug 07, 2011
the pcs of wood placed on top was to prevent rain from washing some mortar away.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:45pm On Aug 07, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:54pm On Aug 07, 2011
more

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 10:00pm On Aug 07, 2011
more

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.