Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,202 members, 7,807,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:23 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) - Properties (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) (293221 Views)

How Can I Build A 6 Bedroom Duplex With 6.5m Naira / Construction Of A 6 Bedroom Duplex At Owerri / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 10:46am On Jul 28, 2011
@Colin Adua,
Thanks for having me, your advice was followed and i have a handful of plans to amend n modify to suit my taste. i m really grateful. i will let you know when i start the next phase. once again thanks for ur advice n suggestion.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 28, 2011
@Ogbefi_007
@Colin Adua,
Thanks for having me, your advice was followed and i have a handful of plans to amend n modify to suit my taste. i m really grateful. i will let you know when i start the next phase. once again thanks for your advice n suggestion.

Thank God, you're welcomed!!

Am at your service anytime!!!

Wait o o, you answer ogbefi I thought you are igbo. wink

Please let someone bring up a discussion now!! this threead is becoming saltless.

Abi make I do am?

Have anyone seen GEBERIT range of sanitary (ie toilet and bathroom) wares and products?

They are simply amazing!! They have office in south africa but its a german company, I think.

Yeaaah!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 1:41pm On Jul 28, 2011
@colin, can you show us some pictures of the sanitary wares.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 1:59pm On Jul 28, 2011
Do i get those books and get those wines behind for free?

I love those pix of the roads, that is why He is called Baba God
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 2:31pm On Jul 28, 2011
^^^ I know you will not like those wines, these are small people wines given to me by some tenants. I want to buy another book titled 'Fundamentals of investments' I am heading to the bookstores.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 2:36pm On Jul 28, 2011
spyder880:

^^^ I know you will not like those wines, these are small people wines given to me by some tenants. I want to buy another book titled 'Fundamentals of investments' I am heading to the bookstores.

Even if you give me ordinary soda, i go drink am oh . . . . . I am a humble guy oh
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by 3ppleT: 4:37pm On Jul 28, 2011
Have anyone seen GEBERIT range of sanitary (ie toilet and bathroom) wares and products?

They are simply amazing!! They have office in south africa but its a german company, I think.

Yeaaah!
[quote][/quote]

If you don't mind, i can post some pictures of toilet set and bathroom made in Germany , as per the german GERERIT product they are really good but will post more other products. Expotation is possible.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by rastaman20(m): 4:54pm On Jul 28, 2011
Great books. those books are spicey esp that of Mr TRUMP.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by olubuffett: 5:23pm On Jul 28, 2011
spyder880:

currently looking to learn more, finished reading these, can anyone suggest more books related to this field.

Real Estate 101- Donald Trump
Why we want you to be rich- Donald Trump & Robert Kiyosaki
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 6:11pm On Jul 28, 2011
^^^ The books are nice, but we have to be able to do what he did, we must be willing to sacrifice and willing to make it in life . . cos some of the ideas in the book are just common sense, but our lifestyle will not make us think about it
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by rastaman20(m): 9:37pm On Jul 28, 2011
Fhemmmy:

^^^ The books are nice, but we have to be able to do what he did, we must be willing to sacrifice and willing to make it in life . . cos some of the ideas in the book are just common sense, but our lifestyle will not make us think about it

I agree on that one.

It takes more than two to TANGO. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by DCGUY: 11:00pm On Jul 28, 2011
@all the Gurus; I hailooo!!!!! My ppl, here are some quotes that i received from a builder. Pls let me know what u think of it- I beg una.

1. Granite-3 trips @N150 each=N450k
2. Filling Sand-20 trips @N25k each=N500k
3.Sharp Sand-30 trips@ N15k each=N450k
4.Cement-400 bags @ N2000 each=N800k
5.Wood 12x12-400pc @N750 each=N300k
6.wood 200@ N250 each=N50k
7.Iron 16mm-3tons @N120k each=N360k
8.Iron 12mm-1 ton @=N120k
9. Iron 10mm 1 1/2 @ N126 each=N189k
Material total=N3,219.000
10. Labour=N1.5m

Grand total=N4,719,000

I beg make una help me put mouth for this quote. Its for Raft foundation and German floor of a six bedrm duplex.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by rastaman20(m): 11:52pm On Jul 28, 2011
DCGUY:

@all the Gurus; I hailooo!!!!! My ppl, here are some quotes that i received from a builder. Pls let me know what u think of it- I beg una.

1. Granite-3 trips @N150 each=N450k
2. Filling Sand-20 trips @N25k each=N500k
3.Sharp Sand-30 trips@ N15k each=N450k
4.Cement-400 bags @ N2000 each=N800k
5.Wood 12x12-400pc @N750 each=N300k
6.wood 200@ N250 each=N50k
7.Iron 16mm-3tons @N120k each=N360k
8.Iron 12mm-1 ton @=N120k
9. Iron 10mm 1 1/2 @ N126 each=N189k
Material total=N3,219.000
10. Labour=N1.5m

Grand total=N4,719,000

I beg make una help me put mouth for this quote. Its for Raft foundation and German floor of a six bedrm duplex.

Pls can you tell us your location. with this we can help.

where are you buliding?. Lagos. Ogun, Abuja, KANO, Anambra, Akwa ibom?.

Becuase price of materials differs alot on each location.

Kudos.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 2:19am On Jul 29, 2011
^^^ True talk , , ,
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 9:50am On Jul 29, 2011
I called up my engineer and told them to move to site and resume building my duplex from tomorrow morning. I will be showing pictures of their works here by tomorrow evening. They are expected to form the blocks till window level by tomorrow.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 2:34pm On Jul 29, 2011
Now we are talking . . . and let the fun begins
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by rastaman20(m): 4:48pm On Jul 29, 2011
That is a good news, to thy oh Lord, be the Gorly,

More greasy to those elbow oga Spyder880.

Back to School.

Eze goes to School. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 6:12pm On Jul 29, 2011
^^ Lol @ Eze goes to school
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 29, 2011
That is a good news, to thy oh Lord, be the Gorly,

More greasy to those elbow oga Spyder880.

Back to School.

Eze goes to School.      

grin grin grin grin grin

laugh no go kill me for una, A beg.

For the GEBERIT sanitary wares, i dont have the pictures.

I did some small reach at TWYFORD(England) and YOYO(China), I found out that they have sanitary wares exactlyh the same shape as the GEBERIT.

Even YOYO has a WC in the shape of a sitting teddy bear.

So am no longer ammazed about the GEBERIT wares. Though they pioneered modern sanitary and bathroom wares with sweet shapes.

WHERE IS AM ALONE? Abi i don woander off alone. A beg make somebody call am for phone 080xamalone.

Che i get am! Help me call am.

Shalom!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by DCGUY: 1:28am On Jul 30, 2011
@rastaman and others; Na Ajah, in lagos the land dey. Also, can one build with 9inch blocks for exterior walls and 6inch block wall for the interior on the bottom level ; or does everything have to be 9inch blocks
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by brabus(m): 5:00am On Jul 30, 2011
@DC GUY, I have a similar project like that in Ajah - Block of 6 flats (3 floors) - My quote tends to be around N4.2m but this is arrived at based on scientific report received after conducting a soil test which gave us the depth of the foundation.

But my labour no reach N1.5m o.

Why not ask for further breakdown of the workmanship? As for the materials - get a supplier to deliver them to your site. They are still useful if they eventually don't use them up.

My final advice is to be on site with this guys or get someone who's experienced to checkmate them.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:21am On Jul 30, 2011
brabus:

@DC GUY, I have a similar project like that in Ajah - Block of 6 flats (3 floors) - My quote tends to be around N4.2m but this is arrived at based on scientific report received after conducting a soil test which gave us the depth of the foundation.

But my labour no reach N1.5m o.

Why not ask for further breakdown of the workmanship? As for the materials - get a supplier to deliver them to your site. They are still useful if they eventually don't use them up.

My final advice is to be on site with this guys or get someone who's experienced to checkmate them.

I wonder o.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by brabus(m): 5:32am On Jul 30, 2011
^^^Bros, I see say you wan resume work for your site. Well done o.

Me sef dey do small work for my site too - I'll update them pretty soon.
I don chill out well enuf - make we try do something small.

Thumbs up!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 5:50am On Jul 30, 2011
brabus:

^^^Bros, I see say you wan resume work for your site. Well done o.

Me sef dey do small work for my site too - I'll update them pretty soon.
I don chill out well enuf - make we try do something small.

Thumbs up!!!

But na small work I wan do o grin just window level block work. Please update us on your site when you start. Thank you my man.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Jussi(m): 12:35pm On Jul 30, 2011
Our people say: goat sef dey sweat but fur doesn't permit us to witness the struggle and suffering. You guys are doing great! May God bring more increase and joy to your lives.

Window level sef e no easy oo smiley
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Ogbefi007: 12:40pm On Jul 30, 2011
@Colin Adua- this a sobriquet
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by rastaman20(m): 5:21pm On Jul 30, 2011
Oga Spyder880, have u priced your doors and windows?

If so , pls share with us the price, patterns and if there is any pic, that as well shall be appericated.

Learning ,as a old an school boy. grin grin grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 7:12pm On Jul 30, 2011
@ jussi, he-goat dey sweat o, God dey sha.
@ rastaman, I have not priced doors and windows but I will start a thread on those samples later. I promised to open a thread about 'something' this night. The topic should be hidden. Some will love it while some will look and pass and say its not important. More on this later.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 7:13pm On Jul 30, 2011
Back for more knowledge
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by spyder880(m): 7:16pm On Jul 30, 2011
Oga fhemmmy, welcome sir.
There was activity in this site today. 355 blocks were laid today and two rooms got to the lintel level. I will show pictures later.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by Fhemmmy: 7:23pm On Jul 30, 2011
spyder880:

Oga fhemmmy, welcome sir.
There was activity in this site today. 355 blocks were laid today and two rooms got to the lintel level. I will show pictures later.

I am so glad to hear that, it means the fun has begun . . . . . eyes are itchy to see dem pix oh
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) by DCGUY: 9:51pm On Jul 30, 2011
@ Brabus, rastaman, oga spider and all other gurus well put mouth for this matter- I thank una well well. Dem sey pickin wey noh sabi sey person pass am; e nver grow up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (93) (Reply)

Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices / Cost Of Building A House In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.