Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,530 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:56 PM

Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria (21337 Views)

Dangote Never Dated Sylvia Nduka - Insiders / Dangote Never Dated Sylvia Nduka / Dangote Never Dated Sylvia Nduka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 27, 2011
ronkebp:

I don't think it matters on the tribe representing Nigeria, as far as they are not from another country, '.One nigeria', remember!!!, and also, i see it as childish, if just because only the ibos' are the one participating and they are termed'most beautiful' in the country by some nairalanders, common now, wake up, have you been to the north? see beautiful hausa chicks and fulanis', and the yoruba's don't really believe in pageants, they prefer education.
yoruba prefer education while igbo prefers what? girl check jamb statistic n knw who goes skool most. how many yoruba do u see in uniport, unizik, unn.unijos.etc n compare wit igbos in university in west n rest oif naija. yoruba now prefers hand work.mechanics etc.

1 Like

Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 27, 2011
^^^ Get over it. the world is a much bigger place than yoruba and ibos. Set your mind to more [b]global [/b]things.
If Yoruba vs Ibo vs ibilo is still you ppl's problem then I have my doubts as to whether u are ready for the "world scene".

@Topic,
She's easy on the eyes. smiley But I think her victory mostly came from her inside and not just the outside, like it should be.
She must have wow'd them with something innate than 25 layers of makeup.

As to Ragdollz & Co. who are insulting the girl, why is it that the ugliest girls are the ones who always try to say others are un-pretty?
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by btyfulmnd(m): 4:22pm On Jun 27, 2011
ZnO:

They go fit answer questions for the pageant? Hahahahh!

If u get liver , take a trip to the north and see for youself. It is just that the fulani's are kind of restricted due to the belief of their men and religion,but if na for fine shery ko ko's forget,
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by EzeUche1(m): 4:25pm On Jun 27, 2011
Miss Abia should have won! angry
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by UmarSanda: 4:26pm On Jun 27, 2011
Anoda senseless generalization. Wat wil make u think to tribalire every issue? U mst b a goat.
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by ZnO: 4:28pm On Jun 27, 2011
btyfulmnd:

If u get liver , take a trip to the north and see for youself. It is just that the fulani's are kind of restricted due to the belief of their men and religion,but if na for fine shery ko ko's forget,

What are the components of a beauty pageant:

Facial beauty
education/intelligence
dressing, and its fit thereof
carriage/grace
poise
demeanour, etc etc
Please show me a facially beautiful hausa/fulani girl who is educated, and not married off at 13 years old.
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by Araboy(m): 4:28pm On Jun 27, 2011
@ Nayah what you said was not true I know Mauritania very well and there is no such Miss contest even the black Mauritanians in the south don't organize this type of competition less talk of the Arabs in the North  such parade
of beauty and sexiness would be  clashing with the law of the land which stated clearly that sharia is the only source of law in the Islamic Republic even though in my view Mauritanians are the most beautiful African women I ever seen
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by ronkebp(f): 4:33pm On Jun 27, 2011
ZnO:

What are the components of a beauty pageant:

Facial beauty
education/intelligence
dressing, and its fit thereof
carriage/grace
poise
demeanour, etc etc
Please show me a facially beautiful hausa/fulani girl who is educated, and not married off at 13 years old.
Zno, you need to travel abeg, go to the north and see wats up, maiduguri for an example, 60% of their ladies are mermaids, height/beauty/figure/ and are educated, they are getting wiser now, even their parents want their kids to be educated before marraige,
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by Ericology(m): 4:34pm On Jun 27, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Let me correct some ignorant people here:

1. They're not represent any state. The people who win the first rounds are disbursed amongst states. They were not originally representing those states.

2. Most of these are not even pretty at all. And we know what happens behind closed doors.

3. They only beauties  in this contest was ms. Abia/ the bini girl that was chosen to represent Ekiti/ and Ms. Ondo.

4. And we know most of the girls that go to all these pageants are Igbos, if Northern women or Yoruba women really want to compete, the pageant would not be 99.9% Igbos.

I know u are of a sound mind but u always choose to tow the ethnic line whenever issues of other ethnic groups surface here,  U and I know that everybody contests at the state level until the winners are chosen, I tell u, all Yoruba states presented 95% Yoruba contestants during the earlier stages  so stop this talk of " If Yorubas take it serious, bla bla bla"
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by Nayah(f): 4:37pm On Jun 27, 2011
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by btyfulmnd(m): 4:43pm On Jun 27, 2011
ronkebp:

Zno, you need to travel abeg, go to the north and see wats up, maiduguri for an example, 60% of their ladies are mermaids, height/beauty/figure/ and are educated, they are getting wiser now, even their parents want their kids to be educated before marraige,
Those of us that have been priviledged to travel to the north would understand what we are talking about but for Zno, i just wish you will do a more elaborate research without being bias and i assure you that all those qualities you mentioned, you will find them in a fulani chk and you wouldnt even find adequate adjectives to describe.
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by ZnO: 5:01pm On Jun 27, 2011
ronkebp:

I have been as far as Hadejia, I do not see all the claims you make. I only see 13 year oldies with pregnancy.
Can you show me one recognizable hausa/fulani girl who is pretty and educated and in the position to contest for a beauty pageant.
Th educated hausa/fulani girls are the[b] ugly[/b] ones who are not hot cakes for the alhajis to marry at 15 years old.
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by ZnO: 5:04pm On Jun 27, 2011
btyfulmnd:

Those of us that have been priviledged to travel to the north would understand what we are talking about but for Zno, i just wish you will do a more elaborate research without being bias and i assure you that all those qualities you mentioned, you will find them in a fulani chk and you wouldnt even find adequate adjectives to describe.

I doubt if you have traveled half as I have in different parts of Nigeria. So keep your claims to yourself.
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by Revolva(m): 5:05pm On Jun 27, 2011
@Zno

You

Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria
« #4 on: Yesterday at 02:38:51 PM »

Igbo girls representing ndigbo in their various states of residence Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
A few years ago, Miss Ondo was an Igbo girl
Lagos State has had numerous Igbo girls as Ms Lagos.

We do need a census that says are you Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, Fulani, etc?
We need to know OFFICIALLY how many Igbo are in Nigeria compared to other major groups
It cannot be for nothing that Igbos dominate everything in Nigeria except politics
If Igbos know their true number, they will be galvanized to dominate the polity too.
Now they are being mentally intimidated by some phantom hausa/fulani population.

Nigerians are just too much talk on  tribalism, now we are talking of winning now some people are there looking for way top bring tribe in this, pls talk about how the pageant went not tribe, in the MBGN  any girl can represent any state, depending on how fast the forms are purchased, GBAM
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 27, 2011
Ericology:

I know u are of a sound mind but u always choose to tow the ethnic line whenever issues of other ethnic groups surface here,   U and I know that everybody contests at the state level until the winners are chosen,  I tell u, all Yoruba states presented 95% Yoruba contestants during the earlier stages  so stop this talk of " If Yorubas take it serious, bla bla bla"

We all know that's not how it's chosen. If each contestant represented each state, then you would have each state of origin competing.
The winners were distributed amongst state.

Most of these chics are from Lagos campuses. So save us the bs.
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by ZnO: 5:30pm On Jun 27, 2011
I look in that list I see Yoruba girls representing at least two northern states
Hypocrisy they smell no be small.
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by ZnO: 5:33pm On Jun 27, 2011
Miss Borno - Gbemisola Shotade
Miss Kaduna - Olamide Aroguma
http://blog.fabmagazineonline.com/?p=11943
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by ronkebp(f): 5:49pm On Jun 27, 2011
ZnO:

I have been as far as Hadejia, I do not see all the claims you make. I only see 13 year oldies with pregnancy.
Can you show me one recognizable hausa/fulani girl who is pretty and educated and in the position to contest for a beauty pageant.
Th educated hausa/fulani girls are the[b] ugly[/b] ones who are not hot cakes for the alhajis to marry at 15 years old.

You gat to be kidding me, seriously!!!!!,
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by ZnO: 5:56pm On Jun 27, 2011
ronkebp:

You gat to be kidding me, seriously!!!!!,

Prove me wrong then. It behoves you to so do.
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by Pamperme: 6:12pm On Jun 27, 2011
I watched the MBGN live show and i must say as excited as i was to watch the show live for the first time, i was totally and megally disappointed when she was announced the winner.  Out of the five finalists, she was the one that couldnt answer a simple question of "what would being crown MBGN mean to her"  She blabbed for  about 20 seconds, repeating the question twice, before the presenter (terrible presenting from her, by the way) bought her time by telling the audience to allow her to talk.  Even after that, she said something about being Confidence before she was rescued by the Presenter again.
So i was not suprised when i stumbled upon the piece below this morning in Nigeria Today online:

Controversy trailed the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria (MBGN) competition held at Eko Hotel, Lagos at the weeekend following the announcement that Miss Taraba, Sylvia Nduka was victorious. Rerports said the judges had picked Miss Bayelsa, Gemal Sophie, on their cards, but mysteriously she lost. Nduka went home with N3 million and a brand new Hyundai Accent car, 2010 edition. The announcement drew a loud protest from the audience, when it was made about 11:15p.m.

I must say that if the above is true, then Shame to the Murray-Bruces and the Silverbird Group,

BTW, both Presenters sucks! tongue
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by btyfulmnd(m): 6:18pm On Jun 27, 2011
ZnO:

I doubt if you have traveled half as I have in different parts of Nigeria. So keep your claims to yourself.

Are you sure? i have lived in the north for 25 years,schooled,served and worked there before i left the country, there is no state in the north that i have not been to. you cant just draw conclusions just because you have seen 13yrs old get married in Hadejia. I think you have something against the northern chiks,is there something you are not telling us.
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by kandiikane(m): 6:18pm On Jun 27, 2011
ZnO:

I have been as far as Hadejia, I do not see all the claims you make.  I only see 13 year oldies with pregnancy.

You have got to be kidding!!!Seriously?!!?  shocked shocked grin
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by kandiikane(m): 6:20pm On Jun 27, 2011
2buff:

^^^ Get over it. the world is a much bigger place than yoruba and ibos. Set your mind to more global [/b]things.
If Yoruba vs Ibo vs ibilo is still you ppl's problem then I have my doubts as to whether u are ready for the "world scene".

@Topic,
She's easy on the eyes. smiley But I think her victory mostly came from her inside and not just the outside, like it should be.
She must have wow'd them with something innate than 25 layers of makeup.

[b]As to Ragdollz & Co. who are insulting the girl, why is it that the ugliest girls are the ones who always try to say others are un-pretty?

There were better looking girls than her. . All I see is huge tons of makeup on her face
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 27, 2011
kandiikane:

There were better looking girls than her. . All I see is huge tons of makeup on her face

My point exactly. I don't know what fully transpired, but the most beautiful girl isn't always the most prettiest.
She probably had other assets at her disposal than 97 layers of makeup, like a brain of some sort.

Actually I would say she looks much better without the makeup than with it.
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by nagoma(m): 6:29pm On Jun 27, 2011
ZnO is incorrigible in his phobia & tunnel vision and hatred while Obiagu1 ( see his 4.26 am posting) thinks that epitome of beauty is to have your grandmother infused with some melanin free genes by some drunken potuguese sailors as they rampaged the coastal & forests regions looking for female natives for violation in the late 19th century. Akutapia!!!
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by namfav(m): 6:44pm On Jun 27, 2011
ZnO:

I have been as far as Hadejia, I do not see all the claims you make.  I only see 13 year oldies with pregnancy.

show some respect
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by ZnO: 6:58pm On Jun 27, 2011
kandiikane:

You have got to be kidding!!!Seriously?!!?  shocked shocked grin

Nope! No kidding! I need names that we can verify.
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by ZnO: 6:59pm On Jun 27, 2011
btyfulmnd:

Are you sure? i have lived in the north for 25 years,schooled,served and worked there before i left the country, there is no state in the north that i have not been to. you cant just draw conclusions just because you have seen 13yrs old get married in Hadejia. I think you have something against the northern chiks,is there something you are not telling us.

I, too, have traversed all the northern states several times. I dare you to give me names like I asked for.
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by ZnO: 7:00pm On Jun 27, 2011
namfav:

show some respect

Like you showed those youth corpers you murdered in cold blood, yes?
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by btyfulmnd(m): 7:04pm On Jun 27, 2011
ZnO:

I, too, have traversed all the northern states several times. I dare you to give me names like I asked for.

How do you mean? are you insinuating that if i give you a name you will be able to locate the girl anywhere in the north.Or you are looking for ready-made hausa/fulani girls that parade themselves in the north.
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by ZnO: 7:17pm On Jun 27, 2011
btyfulmnd:

How do you mean? are you insinuating that if i give you a name you will be able to locate the girl anywhere in the north.Or you are looking for ready-made hausa/fulani girls that parade themselves in the north.

If you claim hausa/fulani are so beautiful, educated, graceful and intelligent that they will worst other Nigerian girls in a beauty pageant, you should be able to prove it. Like (for e.g.) posting a photo with all the listed qualifications that will enable us judge who that person is.
Re: Miss Taraba , Sylvia Nduka Is The Winner Of Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria by obinna120: 7:28pm On Jun 27, 2011
if im to say i will say that igbo girls have got all it takes to win such competition.they know how to avail themselves of every oppurtunity. remember okonjo iwuala, prof. dora akunyili, oby ezekwesili and so on. they travel far and wide and ve wider exposure.check out the past winners statistics from 1986. they ve won it many times.those states where assigned to them,most of them ve not visited the states they were assigned.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Question Of The Day: Dija Or Tiwa Savage? Who's More Pretty? / Bill Cosby Found Guilty On All 3 Counts In Sexual Assault Retrial / Tonto Dikeh Bags Two Endorsement Deals After Calling Out Ex-husband And Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.