Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:01 AM

Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia (30196 Views)

Nigerians Should Stop Travelling Abroad ( GEJ Transformation) / One Of Those Reasons Young Nigerians Should Go Abroad / Can Students Work To Pay Tuition In Australia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by EzeUche1(m): 6:33pm On Jun 26, 2011
I have a friend who lives in Australia and he loves it, but he doesn't understand why Nigerians do not like traveling to the country compared to the United States and Canada.

Should Nigerians look at Nigeria as well?
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by HighChief4(m): 6:43pm On Jun 26, 2011
I think Aussie have different kinda weather and one seems to be very hazardous. Just sayin thou
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by EzeUche1(m): 6:49pm On Jun 26, 2011
High_Chief:

I think Aussie have different kinda weather and one seems to be very hazardous. Just sayin thou

Their weather is quite warm and we as Africans should be used to that type of weather my brother.
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by claremont(m): 6:58pm On Jun 26, 2011
Australia has a bad international reputation of racism. If they can be racist against their own kith and kin i.e. the Aborigines, then it is not surprising the way they behave towards people from outside their borders.
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 26, 2011
@poster
there is already a very LONG thread about the subject. have a look:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-194745.0.html

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by malabu22: 11:41am On Oct 12, 2011
Australia is nice, in my opinion. Its no longer US or UK, AUS is the place, due to their relationship with china. Obey the law and you would be fine. Been here almost 5yrs now.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by GBASKY: 12:18pm On Oct 12, 2011
malabu22:

Australia is nice, in my opinion. Its no longer US or UK, AUS is the place, due to their relationship with china. Obey the law and you would be fine. Been here almost 5yrs now.

SO CAN YOU SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE AND HOW YOU MADE IT THERE
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by malabu22: 12:33pm On Oct 12, 2011
@GBASKY

Sure, Id tell u this, its a nice place and worth being here but you shall be patient and willing to spend money. The visa proccess took a long time, the legit way to apply is thru d embasy in south africa. Came here under a working visa, through my father. Medicals, federal police checks, fingerprinting and all that. They also make sure that u have enough money in ur account b4 bein here or a permanent job while here. The long stay working visa's are 4yrs long and student visa's are as long as your course goes.

Now while here, id advise anyone to apply for permanent residency (PR), so you can come back to australia at anytime and after being in the country with PR, u are eligible to get citizenship, that allows u to travel around most countries without a visa and disrespect cheesy.

Depending on the employer, you may wait a very long time to get PR (we are still waiting), to go around this issue, find a lovely woman/man (nigerian or ur choice with an aus passport to marry).

hope i helped and feel free to ask any questions.
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by GBASKY: 7:06pm On Oct 12, 2011
thanks a lot for the swift response . but i am in nigeria and i know that their embassy is in s.a but can you shed more ligth on the processing of getting the permit and on getting a job there if one is is still in 9ja.

thanks
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by malabu22: 1:13am On Oct 13, 2011
@GBASKY

You are welcome.

Visit WWW.immi.gov.au, as it has been a long time since we went through with the proccessing. If you have a degree it would be easier to get a job. Search www.seek.com.au for jobs. Jobs that are high in demand, Nurse, doctor, other health and medical fields, mining and social/community work. I am studying criminology at the moment and working as a youth worker, I believe it is one field that our country is lacking, all the doctors in nigeria, yet we have social issues, the problem is before we get to the hospital!

The asians have taken over engineering jobs (not being racist or anything), but if your qualifications are flash in any other industry of field, you shall have a great chance. The mentality that you need to be a doctor or engineer to have a great job doesnt exist here, even plumbers get as much as doctors if they are well qualified. it also helps knowing people that reside in Australia and can confirm that your application is legit.
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by promise2(f): 1:12pm On Oct 13, 2011
@Malabu22, pls can someone apply from Nigeria and get a job in Australia?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by mbatuku1: 9:40pm On Oct 13, 2011
@malabu

Maybe you also need to talk about the challenges of living in the country not just the good aspects.
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by promise2(f): 9:23am On Oct 14, 2011
@Malabu22, as i asked before is it possible to get a job from Nigeria in Australia, i tried the site you provided here, i found alot of adverts on my present job and i applied for some and one gave me a reply-see below response

[b]PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL

Thank you for submitting your resume to Robert Half Finance & Accounting, a division of Robert Half International. After careful review of your application, we will not be able to invite you in for an interview at this stage.

Although you have a number of relevant skills that look appropriate, unfortunately in this market we are directed to work within tight parameters and set very specific work exposure background requirements. We have considered your resume for other positions and we do not have any positions that are suitable at this time.

We wish you well in your job search and thank you for contacting us.

Kind regards.

I believe is because of my location i got this response, can you please explain more on this.
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 15, 2011
I don't know why people are talking about racism and stuffs. I live in Australia, a citizen and has been in this country for years and still loving it

Please I do not want Nigerians here before they come pollute the whole area for us grin

BTW the work pay is good here, unbelievable kiss shocked

EzeUche!:

I have a friend who lives in Australia and he loves it, but he doesn't understand why Nigerians do not like traveling to the country compared to the United States and Canada.

Should Nigerians look at Nigeria as well?

Don't mind them, they are busy chasing UK and Us visa, they have forgotten that the lesser the population the bigger the Opportunites
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by malabu22: 1:04pm On Oct 17, 2011
Ok, i see there is negetivity here, if you want an argument, I aint the one. You dont pay for my food or my daily activities, I dont owe anyone anything, if you are bitter, keep it to yourself!

@promise2, yes you can apply from nigeria, it would have to go through south africa though as they dont have an embassy there. go to www.immi.gov.au for visa and www.seek.com.au for work. Jus keep applying, yes nigerians may have a bad reputation here but there are lots of employers as well.

@mbatuku1, yes there are bad things here, such as racism but depends where you stay and australia is more multicultural than ppl think. there are arabs, indians, south african, chinese, depends where you stay and who you associate youserlf with, as long as you obey the law, you would be fine.

@jennykadry , thats not called for.

@ojdollars , who is showing off? you call urself OJDOLLARS, didnt you get the memo dollars are cheaper than toilet paper, dont disrespect me man. Someone asked for something and im helping him out.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 17, 2011
^^Uncalled for? Guess you don't know I really don't care. wink And thats the best part of being on NLD. I get people all worked up and just sit back and watch their reactions wink . Gives me so much joy to see them display their stooopidity kiss kiss
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by malabu22: 12:45am On Oct 18, 2011
aww, i hope you are entertained smiley,
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by promise2(f): 11:30am On Oct 18, 2011
@Malabu22, thanks for your response, please are there any school or Business school in Australia one can do a professional course in CREDIT CONTROL, i found out from the job site that there are alot of opening for this course.
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by ojdollars(m): 12:51am On Oct 19, 2011
malabu22:

Ok, i see there is negetivity here, if you want an argument, I aint the one. You dont pay for my food or my daily activities, I dont owe anyone anything, if you are bitter, keep it to yourself!

@promise2, yes you can apply from nigeria, it would have to go through south africa though as they dont have an embassy there. go to www.immi.gov.au for visa and www.seek.com.au for work. Jus keep applying, yes nigerians may have a bad reputation here but there are lots of employers as well.

@mbatuku1, yes there are bad things here, such as racism but depends where you stay and australia is more multicultural than ppl think. there are arabs, indians, south african, chinese, depends where you stay and who you associate youserlf with, as long as you obey the law, you would be fine.

@ojdollars , who is showing off? you call urself OJDOLLARS, didnt you get the memo dollars are cheaper than toilet paper, dont disrespect me man. Someone asked for something and im helping him out.

@malabu22 , I did not disrespect you ooh, are you mistaken me for someone else? My last post on this thread that I remember was talking to a user who said Nigerians should stay away from Aus. My apologies sir/ma, I can't disrespect you for trying to help someone. Sorry ooh, abeg nor vex if I do by mistake smiley.
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by peacekind: 1:39pm On Oct 23, 2011
Brothers can any one provide me any affordable school in Australia. pls i do need help
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by Kay1kay1(m): 3:30am On Oct 24, 2011

Interesting thread here, jenny must have wanted to pass a message but got the pin driven with a sledge hammer.  She's got a point. When outside NG, there 're sure some citizens you meet you are never proud of. They just give you the jitters. No conscience, ready to disgrace himself/herself and even with the pali. The same pali you carry for that matter.

You cannot help asking, "Who gave this one a visa in the first place?" Why? Someone will ask you near such an incident or person, "Are you also a NGrian?"

Now imagine meeting hundreds of such citizens after a while.
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by Nobody: 4:29am On Oct 24, 2011
ROTFLMAO terrible Engrishi coupled with anger, what a great combo. so this thread is still alive? See them dying over my post. Hahahaha, I say, we do not need you guys here so please face UK and US abeg, we no want pollutiuon, na by force?

Silly polluters.
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by Bisijohn: 10:39am On Oct 26, 2011
Hi All,

I'm looking forward to see as many qualify and genuine Nigerians here in Aussie. Let's endeavour to share information,and also network,particularly to genuine people.

There are many jobs here in different fields (check www.seek.com.au) but work permit is the main thing. If you won't mind, you can apply for a PR,although, it may take a while, but definitely you will get it.You do not need visa interview before your visa is granted; make sure you submit genuine papers. I apply for working visa for my visa,she got the visa 8 days after lodgement.

I see alot of Asians here because they shared information I guess. Personally, I have suggested links to people and recommended some for possible jobs, in my field-ICT; and this is yielding positively. Although, it is only those that I can vouch for.

The weather here is normal, just like Nigeria weather. There is this misconception, that the weather is too harsh. It is a false impression. There is highlevel of security. you won't have choice than to be law abiding.

Nigerians here have a different mentality; and I'm very proud of them. If we could just be as transparent like that back in Nigeria, our country will be a better place. They are very law abiding. You must obey law religiously here because there are heavy penalties.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by promise2(f): 10:47am On Oct 26, 2011
Hello @BisiJohn, is it easy to get job from Nigeria from the job site you posted here? i have been applying but been refused, is it beacuase of my location? i am in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by londoner: 11:46am On Oct 26, 2011
jennykadry:

ROTFLMAO terrible Engrishi coupled with anger, what a great combo. so this thread is still alive? See them dying over my post. Hahahaha, I say, we do not need you guys here so please face UK and US abeg, we no want pollutiuon, na by force?

Silly polluters.

I agree with you Jennykadry, Nigerians should only come to Australia if they are willing to take on the Australian way of life, rather than the usual things we see some do when they go to UK or America etc.

I really don't want to see Nigerians up to their usual mischief here, its best they stay in Nigeria or go elsewhere if they are not willing to change for the better.

Australia is a nice place and it should stay like that for as long as possible.
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 26, 2011
londoner:

I agree with you Jennykadry, Nigerians should only come to Australia if they are willing to take on the Australian way of life, rather than the usual things we see some do when they go to UK or America etc.

I really don't want to see Nigerians up to their usual mischief here, its best they stay in Nigeria or go elsewhere if they are not willing to change for the better.

Australia is a nice place and it should stay like that for as long as possible.

Thank goodness for intelligent people like you, atleast you were able to understand my post and my point.

This country does not need pollution, I lived in Europe and if you see the kain thing our Naija people dey do there, unbelievable shocked shocked .Their educational system is  kiss kiss, I couldn't have asked for better for my kids.

Thank God for flinging me inside Australia cool What would I have done without God. cool cool
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by humblepie: 2:33pm On Jan 10, 2012
@jennykadry,
U spot on, newly arrived down under loving every bit of it having lived in hk/china 5yrs, Aussie,Aussie,Aussie, oi,oi,oi, lol
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 12, 2012
^^^ welcome ezigbo nmadu (correct person) kiss

Enjoy yourself my brother or sister, life here is good. You made the right decision.
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by lily0231: 8:51pm On Jan 14, 2012
Is there any one here who can help me to migrate to Australia ? I need detailed info frm gettin d visa & other requirements/papers.

My email is, harrybaba2005@yahoo.com.

i look forward to receiving ur emails .

thanks & God bless.
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by ochina1(m): 8:59pm On Jan 15, 2012
@ jennykadry, pls i'd luv ur take on somethin personal sins u comoff as a "no-senda", lol.
lyk d fact u say how u feel regardless. kindly shoot me a mail when u can, please, its hidden on ur profile, mines ochina1@gmail.com.
Tanx n God bless.
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by togs: 6:11am On Jan 17, 2012
Hello All,
Please I need to know what the income requirement is for sponsoring a partner visa to Australia.

I am in nigeria and have a good job here. But my intending fiancee is in Aussie has been doing contracts job basically. She's rounding up her degree program very soon and plans to get a permanent job thereafter. I am pretty confident of landing a job soon after i land in Aussie. But according to the immigration requirement she has to sponsor my visa application.

I'd just like to know the minimum income level (in australian dollars) required for her to sponsor me for the visa.

Comments are appreciated in advance smiley
Re: Nigerians Should Also Look At Australia by cj1080(m): 11:33pm On Jan 17, 2012
From the little i know bout aussie from a friend who went there in 08. She has to finance your coming over there.

Also it does not depend on how much she makes over there or how much you make here,as long as you can show evidence that you work here and that.you can sponsor you trip there or she can sponsor it, its ok by them.

For you coming she will apply for a student guardian visa or as a spouse if your married(need to show legal documents for this).

Once your there,she can apply for a work permit for you,heard it takes 28days to 2 months to get one.

Funny thing bout aussies is that the allow for people under the student visa(assessment level for people doing masters) to work and also work on for 2 years after their programme is complete. Though u have to get a letter from you school and place of work there.

One more thing, their fee for this kind of visa is a bit on the high side,so get ready to doul out if your interested in it.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

London Riot Pls Post Pics! / Japa Propaganda And The Mindset Of The Nigerian Youths / South Africa May Impose 10-year Travel Ban On Evacuated Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.