Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,611 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview (52135 Views)

A Plea To President Buhari On The NNPC 2012 Graduate Trainee Recruitment / NNPC Job Scam. / Who Has Received Recent Email From NNPC As Regards The NNPC 2012 Recruitment? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by Syenite(m): 7:10pm On Jun 26, 2011
Congrats to those that have received invitations. Over 4,000 candidates(can't remember the exact figure now) made it to the interview stage.

Firstly NNPC recruitment in based on quota system. Almost equal number of applicants will be taken from all the states and FCT. This implies that you are competing against people from your state.And this will in turn go down to LGA by LGA.So if you have a family member or a cousin in the race it means u are virtually fighting for one slot.
Under this system situations arises where a Candidate from State A with 50% score in the interview will be employed while a candidate from State B with 80% score might not be employed. So those of you from educationally developed states should brace up for the challenge.I am sure you know those states

What to equip yourself with:
When NNPC was established and under what decree
NNPC's Core Businesses
NNPC Subsidiaries and their operational functions
The Refineries and their various Refining capacities
Which of the NNPC subsidiaries u'll like to work with and why?
Why do you want to work with the NNPC.
Why do you want to work in the Oil industry
Why do you want to leave your former place of work(if you are already working)
Where do you hope to be in 10years time?
Understand your discipline and how you can apply it in the oil industry
Know the name of the current and immediate past GMD
Expect that you’ll be asked atleast one basic question about your discipline
Know where the head quarters of each of the Subsidiaries are located say Benin, Warri, Lagos etc.
Research the operations of the Subsidiaries so you’ll know which one you can fit in.(I am currently working with the subsidiary I mentioned during my interview so take your time to research,though it does not totally follow)

Look smart and composed. It’s usually a friendly interview and note that your line of discussion will mostly go in line with your responses so be sure of what to say. But please don’t be too confident else you’ll sound arrogant.

I’m speaking from experience. The above where questions asked me and some of my colleagues who I am working with now. So expect most of the questions to come from them.
Know that NNPC will not take everybody.
Best of God. I hope to meet you as colleagues soon.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by tozabes: 2:51am On Jun 27, 2011
thanx bro, ur info was very insightful. but which of the subsidiaries r u workin in nw
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by JahMan1: 12:07pm On Jun 27, 2011
@Syenite,
Please what are the grade levels of NNPC and which level do you think experienced hires will be placed?
How often do they promote in NNPC?
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by Joyness: 10:40pm On Jun 27, 2011
Thanks for your detailed input. It is really appreciated. If I may ask, is this interview the last stage do you know?
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by jiggo(m): 11:55am On Jun 28, 2011
Wow! Ds is precise and well detailed! Lol!
Thanks a whole lot man. Above all, let's trust God for d best. He who began d good work is faithful to perfect it.
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by misspink: 4:52pm On Jun 28, 2011
@ syenite.

Thanks so much for the info?
Did you join NNPC during the 2008 recruitment exercise?[b][/b]
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by fidelism: 7:21pm On Jun 28, 2011
pls bro, how many interviewer are we xpecti
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by jiggo(m): 8:05pm On Jun 28, 2011
Fidelism,
Expect at least 6interviwers since they asked for 7copies of CVs

2 Likes

Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by swtlv: 9:39am On Jun 29, 2011
pls where will suit an Economist best in the operations of NNPC.
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by kedukc(m): 3:28pm On Jun 29, 2011
Thanks Syenite!
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by nairaexc: 7:45pm On Jun 29, 2011
good write up. This is very good. God bless u. So job seekers, gudluck
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by dominique(f): 10:35pm On Jun 29, 2011
this thread is frontpage material. thanks for the tips syenite.
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by lastpage: 12:31am On Jun 30, 2011
Firstly NNPC recruitment in based on quota system. Almost equal number of applicants will be taken from all the states and FCT. This implies that you are competing against people from your state.And this will in turn go down to LGA by LGA.So if you have a family member or a cousin in the race it means u are virtually fighting for one slot.
Under this system situations arises where a Candidate from State A with 50% score in the interview will be employed while a candidate from State B with 80% score might not be employed. So those of you from educationally developed states should brace up for the challenge.I am sure you know those states
THIS IS WHAT IS STILL KILLING THIS COUNTRY, AFTER 50YRS OF INDEPENDENCE!

No wonder we are saddled with mediocres, people without a clue, running our country aground, all in the name of "Federal Character"!

If we are actually "ONE NIGERIA", why cant we have the best brains amongst us, running the show, irrespective of where they come from?

We have tried it in football and it worked (at least not so brazenly, at times, the team like the current women team in Germany, is 70-80% Igbo, and who gives a hoot, as long as they deliver?), why cant we try this on other forms of our national life?

The only reason "Private Enterprises" like GTBank, MTN, e.t.c are successful is because they dont give a hoot about your state of origin, they give a hoot about what you have in your head, what the best men out there can bring to their bottom-line, Period!
Why must we keep giving inept people or sore losers whose performance is below par, an undue advantage?

Do we wonder why we are having a failed state on our laps?

BTW: This is nothing against the candidates, l wish you all the best. Be calm and collected.
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by samoks(m): 1:18am On Jun 30, 2011
lastpage:

No wonder we are saddled with mediocres, people without a clue, running our country aground, all in the name of "Federal Character"!

If we are actually "ONE NIGERIA", why cant we have the best brains amongst us, running the show, irrespective of where they come from?

We have tried it in football and it worked (at least not so brazenly, at times, the team like the current women team in Germany, is 70-80% Igbo, and who gives a hoot, as long as they deliver?), why cant we try this on other forms of our national life?

The only reason "Private Enterprises" like GTBank, MTN, e.t.c are successful is because they dont give a hoot about your state of origin, they give a hoot about what you have in your head, what the best men out there can bring to their bottom-line, Period!
Why must we keep giving inept people or sore losers whose performance is below par, an undue advantage?

BTW: This is nothing against the candidates,  l wish you all the best. Be calm and collected.

That is exactly the POINT  Why federal character? So they mean if you have a second better qualified candidate from state A, than the first in state C, the state C will still be given the job when they know quite well that he is less qualified. This is RUBBISH,  This is why there are so many issues that need to be sorted out in this country. Let us only employ the best, not 2nd best.
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by mkpologwu(m): 3:01am On Jun 30, 2011
lastpage:

BTW: This is nothing against the candidates, l wish you all the best. Be calm and collected.

Sidan dia dey cry! Me I thank God say I come from a northern state, which guarantees me a place even with my poor performance!!!
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by Ganiyyah(f): 6:13am On Jun 30, 2011
[color=#000099][/color]
Hmmm, NIGERIA! or do I say NIGERIANS!?
First, I'd like to show gratitude and appreciation to the author, for giving us clues as to what to expect.
2ndly, pls Nigerians, Federal character or not, what we need are people that will effect a change when they get there. In a way, I agree with those that said the opportunity shld be given to those who truly deserve it Yes, there's no disputing that but who doesnt? What if our 'super intelligent person' isn't honest, God fearing? Coupled up with the fact that with time, money and power corrupts? Have we forgotten the 'Nigerian factor'? Where an Ibo man, a Yoruba man or a Hausa man will strive so hard to see that federal projects in his region obtains approval before any other? In the light of this, I feel the best thing is what has been done, QUOTA SYSTEM where each state will have equal rights when national issues arise. If only we had a united Nigeria where you want for me what u want for yourself, may be issues like these won't come up.
Remember, the oil sector is the bedrock of our economy.
Let's rise up together and make this nation better.
PEACE!!!

1 Like

Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by pereze: 6:20am On Jun 30, 2011
Syenite:

Congrats to those that have received invitations. Over 4,000 candidates(can't remember the exact figure now) made it to the interview stage.

What to equip yourself with:
When NNPC was established and under what decree
NNPC's Core Businesses
NNPC Subsidiaries and their operational functions
The Refineries and their various Refining capacities
Which of the NNPC subsidiaries u'll like to work with and why?
Why do you want to work with the NNPC.
Why do you want to work in the Oil industry
Why do you want to leave your former place of work(if you are already working)
Where do you hope to be in 10years time?
Understand your discipline and how you can apply it in the oil industry
Know the name of the current and immediate past GMD
Expect that you’ll be asked atleast one basic question about your discipline
Know where the head quarters of each of the Subsidiaries are located say Benin, Warri, Lagos etc.
Research the operations of the Subsidiaries so you’ll know which one you can fit in.(I am currently working with the subsidiary I mentioned during my interview so take your time to research,though it does not totally follow)

Look smart and composed. It’s usually a friendly interview and note that your line of discussion will mostly go in line with your responses so be sure of what to say. But please don’t be too confident else you’ll sound arrogant.

I’m speaking from experience. The above where questions asked me and some of my colleagues who I am working with now. So expect most of the questions to come from them.
Know that NNPC will not take everybody.
Best of God. I hope to meet you as colleagues soon.

Nice one bro. But I think this is an interview not an aptitude test. The questions look a bit way off. Stuffs like introduce yaself, what ya kindda offer to da NNPC family, stuffs like that.
Just me thinking though, one love!
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by jikjimmy: 8:52am On Jun 30, 2011
Pls any body with the date(s) of the interview and venue?
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by Stamford007(m): 8:53am On Jun 30, 2011
can an industrial chemist work in nnpc?someone shld pls reply me.
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by earthrealm(m): 9:02am On Jun 30, 2011
interview is august for experienced peeps and i think late july for graduate trainees, venue is nnpc towers, abuja
@poster good write up,

@all, a bit of federal character is needed in nigeria, if not the northerners /hausa's wudnt smell any good job/position in the country, and we all know how people react if they feel marginalized?

the best shot africa had at producing a super power, or a country advanced enough to challange southa frica was lost during the civil war, biafra wud hv been a beacon of hope to the whole of west africa and even africa as a whole, too bad the dream didnt work, , n its still not gonna work in the future,

nigeria just has to forge ahead, accept our fate that nigeria will always be a mediocre nation, never realizing its full potential, n utilizing its God's given resources
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by lekany2k: 9:10am On Jun 30, 2011
@mkpologwu,

Can you see your life?. You just accepted that the Northerners are far behind in everything in Nigeria.
You accepted that you guys are dull.This is one of the reasons we are not moving forward.Go to NNPC corporate office in Abuja.
It is this kind of people that you find there.

Mkpologwu, wake up and say no to mediocre s like you.

1 Like

Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by MBG4Real(m): 9:30am On Jun 30, 2011
earthrealm:

interview is august for experienced peeps and i think late july for graduate trainees, venue is nnpc towers, abuja
@poster good write up,

@all, a bit of federal character is needed in nigeria, if not the northerners /hausa's wudnt smell any good job/position in the country, and we all know how people react if they feel marginalized?

the best shot africa had at producing a super power, or a country advanced enough to challange southa frica was lost during the civil war, biafra wud hv been a beacon of hope to the whole of west africa and even africa as a whole, too bad the dream didnt work, , n its still not gonna work in the future,

nigeria just has to forge ahead, accept our fate that nigeria will always be a mediocre nation, never realizing its full potential, n utilizing its God's given resources

I feel you man!. You are absolutely right. If we want peace in our land, we should accommodate the less privileged. It is right to employ the best brains, but that should be for highly technical areas. Some jobs do not really need high IQ to perform. I have a friend who works in an oil firm (Adax), his duty is just monitoring the wheal heads and take the reading in the hydrometers installed there. Certainly that duty does not require top flight graduates, anybody can monitor wheal heads and read meters. The boy is getting a fat salary and bonus like other workers there. So less qualified graduates can be employed and given such rolls.
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by gossipmama(f): 9:40am On Jun 30, 2011
which interview? i know 3 persons that were handed their appointment letter last 2weeks one of them even is a third class graduate. , i bet you all waiting for the interview to know that its gonna be the more u look the less you see,
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by jikjimmy: 9:58am On Jun 30, 2011
All those who have received their invitation letters should prayerful and hopeful because the interview stage will definitely be corrupt free.Just read and pray hard.I learnt that of the over 4000 invited, they will employ well over 400 candidates.
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by ogogo24(m): 10:27am On Jun 30, 2011
I feel you man!. You are absolutely right. If we want peace in our land, we should accommodate the less privileged. It is right to employ the best brains, but that should be for highly technical areas. Some jobs do not really need high IQ to perform. I have a friend who works in an oil firm (Adax), his duty is just monitoring the wheal heads and take the reading in the hydrometers installed there. Certainly that duty does not require top flight graduates, anybody can monitor wheal heads and read meters. The boy is getting a fat salary and bonus like other workers there. So less qualified graduates can be employed and given such rolls.

[quote][/quote]

'Well head' brother, not 'wheal head'.
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by Templa(m): 11:09am On Jun 30, 2011
What is the pay pack like for both experienced and grad?
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by 8109: 11:42am On Jun 30, 2011
hey i was at the post office in jos.and they say more letters are been expected from nnpc. so, HOPE FOR THE BEST but EXPECT THE WORST, GOD HAS DONE IT B4 HE CAN DO IT 4 US,
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by aparata: 12:02pm On Jun 30, 2011
pls how do u get ur letter?is it tru email or post letter,and when did they started sending the letters?
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by hardbody: 3:47pm On Jun 30, 2011
I happen to manage an account for NNPC Group Life Scheme. Why is it that there are lots of deaths in your organisation? Just curious.
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by dayokanu(m): 4:21pm On Jun 30, 2011
I expect nothing
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by comprende: 4:43pm On Jun 30, 2011
Syenite

Thanks for your post, very educative.

I applied for an experienced position and my interview is on the 7th July.

In my invitation letter, I was informed that a case study will be sent to my email, could you or anybody enlighten me on what this case study entails?
Re: What To Expect In The NNPC Job Interview by jiggo(m): 5:00pm On Jun 30, 2011
@comprende,
Case Study keh?
O ga oooo.
Folks, let's just do our part by studying well and above all TRUST GOD 4FAVOUR!
It is well!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Immigration Service Is Recruiting! / SSS Is Recruiting Cadet Officers- Nasir El-rufai / Pls Who Knows About This Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.