Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:53 PM

Should Women Put Their Career On Hold When Having Children? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should Women Put Their Career On Hold When Having Children? (13560 Views)

Should Women Actually Earn The Same Salary As Men? / How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals / 4 Tips For Growing Your Fashion Designing Career On A Lean Budget. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Women Put Their Career On Hold When Having Children? by ASKUCHE: 10:45pm On Feb 21, 2022
This beautiful mom shares her experience with Career and child(Ren) raising.

Take a look ��

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uDAgt3EAeY

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Women Put Their Career On Hold When Having Children? by alluringsophy(f): 9:00am On Feb 22, 2022
That's actually not Proper. you can still go ahead with your career and Have children. it shouldn't deprive one her career. The only reason you may think of quiting is if the career is too demanding. you can actually get a freelancing career where you will be able to work at the comfort of your home and make money.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should Women Put Their Career On Hold When Having Children? by CheapWebsite1: 1:24pm On Feb 22, 2022
Re: Should Women Put Their Career On Hold When Having Children? by pocohantas(f): 1:25pm On Feb 22, 2022
Whatever works for her, the kids and her family.

In a place like Nigeria, it might be hard for her to get back into the system whenever she is done with childbearing.

There are husbands that make their wives feel safe. If one is blessed with a man like that, you can afford to make certain sacrifices and not feel like your very essence was taken from you.

At my last count there are just 5 of them in Nigeria. smiley

53 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Should Women Put Their Career On Hold When Having Children? by empressSkincare(f): 1:25pm On Feb 22, 2022
I don't support women putting their career on hold cos of their children. There should be a way a balance can be made between the two.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Women Put Their Career On Hold When Having Children? by BigDawsNet: 1:25pm On Feb 22, 2022
Carry on with your career
I believe she will get a maternity leave...

She always resume back to work as soon as possible...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should Women Put Their Career On Hold When Having Children? by Nickymichy(m): 1:25pm On Feb 22, 2022
I feel they should if they have reasonable husbands

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Women Put Their Career On Hold When Having Children? by Righthussle: 1:25pm On Feb 22, 2022
Put your career wherever you want for whatever reason. Na your life. Do whatever rocks your boat.

6 Likes

Re: Should Women Put Their Career On Hold When Having Children? by Younghacka(m): 1:26pm On Feb 22, 2022
A God-fearing Housewife Is Bae

1 Like

Re: Should Women Put Their Career On Hold When Having Children? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 22, 2022
If a woman's career gives her time for her children it's good to go.

5 Likes

Re: Should Women Put Their Career On Hold When Having Children? by Aidejay(m): 1:27pm On Feb 22, 2022
I Think we Should Leave Women To Answer This Question. Na Them Know Where The Shoe Bite Pass.

2 Likes

Re: Should Women Put Their Career On Hold When Having Children? by Mko123(m): 1:27pm On Feb 22, 2022
A
Re: Should Women Put Their Career On Hold When Having Children? by leksdigital: 1:27pm On Feb 22, 2022
Now to be sincere raising children is not the responsibilities of women alone. Its the responsibility of both the woman and the man. So before you take any step, you need to discuss with your partner. Depending on your kind of job. Eg if you are an air hostess for example, and you are just say 2 years on the job, you guys can agree and plan towards the best time to start having babies. On the other hand if your job allows you to progress in your career and also run the family then the husband must be super supportive.

A happy wife is a happy home also a happy husband will will be a blessed home too. No woman should abandon their life and career totally.

This act of abandoning career to raise children affected most women in our parents generation. It affected their mental health seeing their peers running top organizations while their only title is Mummy Maria. Some left high paying jobs, good career etc and today majority of them are regretting it.

Raising children should be an agreement between the couples and men should be more supportive. Also both should be understanding and ready to make sacrifices.

We shouldn't only limit marriage for procreation alone. It goes beyond that. Good Marriages produces awesome children.

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Should Women Put Their Career On Hold When Having Children? by sanpipita(m): 1:27pm On Feb 22, 2022
In this Buhari economy that people are talking about pausing their career? they must be rich people.

Anyway Children don't come by surprise, anyone having kids should plan for their arrival, many career women have pushed ahead with their jobs while having kids, it's all about planning.

I wonder when they will even ask men if they can pause their career for their kids sef

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should Women Put Their Career On Hold When Having Children? by realstars: 1:28pm On Feb 22, 2022
Will the children eat food, and care for? Why lazyness wan kill you na
Re: Should Women Put Their Career On Hold When Having Children? by Cholls(m): 1:28pm On Feb 22, 2022
My brother yes
Re: Should Women Put Their Career On Hold When Having Children? by Komolafe89: 1:28pm On Feb 22, 2022
Capital NO
Re: Should Women Put Their Career On Hold When Having Children? by AbijaJ: 1:29pm On Feb 22, 2022
The choice is there's to make.Though I don't think that's necessary. There are ways around it.
Re: Should Women Put Their Career On Hold When Having Children? by McOluOmo: 1:29pm On Feb 22, 2022
If she like...

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind
Re: Should Women Put Their Career On Hold When Having Children? by ImoleNaija: 1:30pm On Feb 22, 2022
Whatever rocks her world. Marriage is a Paradise to the considerate and understanding partners, but for the selfish, it is hell.
Re: Should Women Put Their Career On Hold When Having Children? by Brooke60(f): 1:30pm On Feb 22, 2022
Personally, after 3 months maternity leave, Im returning to my career.

I don't see any reason I should drop my career, will work the two together. The baby will sha chop

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Women Put Their Career On Hold When Having Children? by Mindlog: 1:31pm On Feb 22, 2022
Circumstances differs.
Re: Should Women Put Their Career On Hold When Having Children? by topgear(m): 1:31pm On Feb 22, 2022
K
Re: Should Women Put Their Career On Hold When Having Children? by JosephXavier: 1:32pm On Feb 22, 2022
T
Re: Should Women Put Their Career On Hold When Having Children? by Charisma01: 1:33pm On Feb 22, 2022
This OP, e be like say you no go work.
What kind of question is this?
Everyhome and every husband and wife with thier own choice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Salary Of A Chartered Accountant / Kindly Advise Me On The Behaviour Of My Managing Director / Everything About Sairui Mall Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.