Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? (32113 Views)

Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria / Would You Stay In The Labor Room With Your Wife?! / How Do Northern Women Stay Silent During Childbirth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by yewaman1(m): 11:46pm On Aug 06, 2007
were else I for dey shocked grin cool
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by samsilo(m): 11:53pm On Aug 06, 2007
In the UK almost 100% women have what is called birthing partners,usually the father of the baby or a close friend or relation.The idea being that the process is too traumatic to go through surrounded by strangers only.
For most people it would be strange if the father refused to be there unless he had absconded(absent father).
The partner usually attend ante natal classes a couple of times to be counselled and know what to expect
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by Esss(m): 11:55pm On Aug 06, 2007
@ Topic

Awww! How lovely and romantic. The husband standing there beside the woman holding her hands while she screams obscenities at everyone around. Then the baby comes out looking so cute and bloody. Awww! that will be really nice.

>Ask for me? lai lai. Infact by the time shes in her third trimester, I'll be as far away from her as possible. Her mother can be in the theater with her but not me. I'll call her on her mobile to find out how it all went when shes done. For those who can do it, I really respect y'all but those who cant or wont, Its all good.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by PTH(m): 12:02am On Aug 07, 2007
Esss:

>Ask for me? lai lai. Infact by the time shes in her third trimester, I'll be as far away from her as possible. Her mother can be in the theater with her but not me. I'll call her on her mobile to find out how it all went when shes done. For those who can do it, I really respect y'all but those who can't or wont, Its all good.

na wa for u. u shld be there from begining to the end, one more excellent bonding opportunity with ur wife and child that must not be missed. I'll tell her stories to make it easier grin
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by Esss(m): 12:11am On Aug 07, 2007
Dont get me wrong, I really think it is a lovely idea. BUT I just cant do it. I'd rather be standing outside the door than actually be inside there with her while another man pokes his hand around her vagingo while she screams her head off in pain and ecstacy. And to make matters worse, our child will be witnessing all this. I just cant do it. A pregnant woman is a major bitch, let alone one that is about to give birth. I'm not cut out to handle that kind of drama. We can bond when shes done. Her mum, or her sister or my sister can go in with her.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by toba1909(m): 12:13am On Aug 07, 2007
I was there when ma boy was born,infact i give kudos to ladies.The thing no easy at all,from then i've increased ma love ma mum and wyf,they've done a great job. I think hubby should be allowed in the labour room during childbirth to let them know the hell the ladies go thru.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by soulpatrol(f): 12:21am On Aug 07, 2007
omo, being in the room at the time is bound to strenghten the bond btw the parents o. men, stop being sissys and hold ur woman's hand while she's bringing ur child into the world. what could be greater than that? but oh boy, my mum said my dad almost passed out when one of my siblings was born o. couldn't believe all the blood and gunk he was seeing. from what i remember, he didnt show up at the rest of the births o! chicken! grin
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by pmdaboh(f): 12:36am On Aug 07, 2007
Husbands have been allowed to go in the labor and delivery room since the 1970's (probably before that time) in the United States. If you want to choose a birthing room, as opposed to the traditional hospital room, you can invite a few people there to witness the birth.

If a wife wants her husband with her, I believe he should be there. After all, he was there when his seed impregnated her egg. Why not go all the way from the start (as someone else said) to the end of the process. Well now, doesn't that include taking his turn during midnight feedings too? grin

1 Like

Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by tali(f): 12:43am On Aug 07, 2007
thats very good what you have said , i give you right ,they have startet together so they have to finis it up together
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by smile007: 3:14am On Aug 07, 2007
Humm the biggest question of all lipsrsealed I wish to be there when my wife is giving birth kiss
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by UNLEASHED(m): 4:54am On Aug 07, 2007
I'll be there with her by God's grace
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by Ifeniyi22(m): 5:46am On Aug 07, 2007
lovely topic, It's only fair to be there
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by ebos(m): 8:33am On Aug 07, 2007
They said it's not easy seeing it, but I believe if God wants me there, why not! A certain man testified how his wife was calling him all sorts names at the labour room, but the husband was running up and down not knowing what to do when his wife was screaming. The woman didn't know what she was doing, and the man was out of his senses. The husband only smiled and got himself when his wife successfully delivered. He started jumping up in jubilation like a kid. That is it, every man will do the same when this is a successful delivery by his wife. Often time, I hear women wailing during child bearing in one of the maternities close to my house. When they are giving birth, everybody in my compound will fold hands in fear due to their wailings. It's not easy, and as a result of this, all my neigbours find it difficult to beat their children, and they cannot raise their hands against their wives any longer.

1 Like

Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by mamatee: 9:05am On Aug 07, 2007
i would everly want my hubby to be with me in the labour, and 1 sure thing is that he is willing to be. cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by dominobaby(f): 9:17am On Aug 07, 2007
Glad to see we've got a few guys willing to be there and not a bunch of fainting fathers! Would definitely love for mine to be there.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by Jairzinho(m): 9:19am On Aug 07, 2007
Nice one

The modern expression is DELIVERY ROOM & not LABOUR ROOM.

Talking from experience,its better the man stays away(not too far away) from the first childbirth, reasons as adduced by someone earlier,our wives/mother-to-be tend to be quite violent in addition to other things. Her mother or aunty would suffice at this point

However succesive births with the benefit of hindsight tend to be very rewarding experiences, unless she insists cool
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by dejia(m): 9:21am On Aug 07, 2007
well i know its good for the husband to be there, but i dont like sight from what i have seen, i dont think i can stand it. My g.friend and i talk about it, i keep telling her i will be far off. i will either be in the plane flying somewhere; with my phone switched off. i cant just imagine the sight.
  I told her i love my kids to bear: sehindemi, Bidemi,etc,  i dont want to be there o!

guys if u can stand its good. but if u are like me, i think its a matter of choice.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by pisces20: 9:27am On Aug 07, 2007
pls wat difference does it make whether the husband is there or not?
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by Ani4life(m): 10:28am On Aug 07, 2007
hey folks,
my wife just brought forth our first child 3 weeks ago and i was in there with her through out, an awesome experience, came out and called my moms right away with a big thank you!, any real man should be in there! unless of course if its another man's wife having a baby for u!, lol
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by NaJaHaJe(f): 10:31am On Aug 07, 2007
@pisces20

It makes a lot of diff my dear. It determines if your man has ball to stand by your side fro better or for WORSE!!!! The same way its for ladies ,  if they can stand by their man when financial trouble starts. Our own is pain their own is ego. Do u understand it now?

My Baby must be there when I am giving him his baby. Last time I checked He was there when we were making da baby innit?! If I scream obscenities then its all part of the process. It will be out of love. LOL!!!

I am looking forward to slapping him whilst I am labour. lol!!! that will be absolutely fantastic. After all the nonsense men do it will feel good to beat them up under the pretense of labour. ladies what u think?
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by Angeljay(f): 10:32am On Aug 07, 2007
Guys, We are expecting our first baby early next yr and the best gift my husband can give to me is being there to hold my hands and let me know it is okay. The good thing is that he has been there from the start, so i don't expect less.
But I really don't blame some Naija guys (especially Igbos) for bolting at that time, because it is even some older women (with their old fashioned believes) that discourage them from being there. I had to be there for my elder sister because the husband couldn't stand it (very very touchy).
Guys it is really no big deal, and like other girls have said, you will really appreciate her the more, not that you are a fool, like other guys might say.
If you agree with me, i guess the absence of some of our parents in scenes like this makes the home look soooooo ohh - where the man just sits there and shouts or beats up the wife.
It is a good thing - makes the woman feel you the more and of course welcomes love making as soon as she is healed and not keep you roasting for another decade.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by NaJaHaJe(f): 10:33am On Aug 07, 2007
congrats Ani4life!!!!!!
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by trendy(f): 10:33am On Aug 07, 2007
i would love that, so he can see the consequence of our actions grin
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by pololo(m): 10:39am On Aug 07, 2007
At the birth  , I was there to see my first son been born , although it has left me with nothing but respect for my wife and any mother, believe me ,if my mum was alive after what i witnessed i would have made a demi-God of her and worship her all day  and the only negative is that now i dont want to put my wife through that again and am sticking to having one child, i guess it can also be detrimental if you want a large family,guess am lucky cause i dont.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 07, 2007
***smiles****
most of the guys saying "I'll be there, I'll be there". I hope so o o wink grin
It's not by word of mouth, I pray you have the heart to withstand It. I recently heard of a guy that fainted in the Labour Room, He just couldn't withstand the excruciating pain his wife was going through, I guess such a guy'd think twice when next he's got the opportunity. wink
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by NaJaHaJe(f): 11:06am On Aug 07, 2007
@OlowoTee

innit tho!!!! they are all saying yes they will but I think half of them MIA knowing what men are like.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by Bolarge(m): 11:07am On Aug 07, 2007
Ladies, how 'bout y'all having elective Caesarian sections and spare urselves n' we guys the trauma. wink grin

@OlowoTee
I've experienced it once oh! Imagine half the delivery team leaving the wife to attend to a comatose husband. angry
Some guys are just clowns. grin
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 07, 2007
Real clown lol!!!. wink

Although you guys Sorry to say this look stronger and heftier, but it's not by stature. Women are really trying. kiss kiss

The nurses in the ward had to leave the wife to attend to the fainted guy, Imagine that.
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by Bolarge(m): 11:27am On Aug 07, 2007
You never see anything.
If u're ready to have the laugh of ur life, come to either the Labor ward or the Psychiatric ward.
Make sure u come with extra undies 'cs u're likely to pee in ur pants. grin grin
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 07, 2007
lol
grin
grin
grin

I know that not all guys are fragile anyway wink grin, I'd suggest others should start learning how to be, winkI t's not an easy task at all. Seeing your spouse going through such an ordeal, It affects your emotions. grin
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by zubbiedan(m): 12:08pm On Aug 07, 2007
When the time comes i wil cross the bridge. cheesy
As for una wey wan dey labour room just gather money because na only for private posh hospitals that one dey happen no be for General hospital grin grin
Re: Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? by mellow(m): 12:10pm On Aug 07, 2007
i will be there when the time come in Jesus name.

Amen!!1

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Adorable Photos Of 6 Oyinbo Kids As They Turned 1-year-old / Do I Need A Registry Marriage After A Church Marriage? Lawyers In The House / Should Working Wives Share Household Expenses With Their Husbands?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.