Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,955 members, 7,799,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

Why Is Caviar So Expensive - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Is Caviar So Expensive (3198 Views)

Super Cowboy Caviar / List Of The Most Expensive Fruits In The World / I Like To Eat Caviar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Caviar So Expensive by armyofone(m): 10:02pm On Jun 27, 2011
I feel like eating fish egg. i love fish eggs when i was growing up and remember eating catfish egg. is catfish egg poor man's caviar? why it is an expensive stuff.
caviar lovers, where are you?
Re: Why Is Caviar So Expensive by tpia5: 10:37pm On Jun 27, 2011
Yes, i've had caviar in the form of mackerel egg.

Very tasty when fried.

I'm sure its just like the real thing lol.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Caviar So Expensive by alienYOUTH(m): 10:43pm On Jun 27, 2011
Used to wonder the same till i discovered that Caviar did not really depict just "Fish eggs" but a d eggs of a particular fish (the Sturgeon). i think getting that particular fish's eggs is wat makes it expensive, other types of "Caviar" are fakes, including the eja-titus most of us r used to grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Caviar So Expensive by tpia5: 10:45pm On Jun 27, 2011
Lol.
Re: Why Is Caviar So Expensive by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jun 27, 2011
alienYOUTH:

Used to wonder the same till i discovered that Caviar did not really depict just "Fish eggs" but a d eggs of a particular fish (the Sturgeon). i think getting that particular fish's eggs is wat makes it expensive, other types of "Caviar" are fakes, including the eja-titus most of us r used to  grin

WELL SAID!!!!!
coming from any other fish, it shouldnt even be called "caviar" but simply fish eggs.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Caviar So Expensive by armyofone(m): 12:03am On Jun 30, 2011
ummm, i have eaten cavair bo. fish egg is fish egg grin grin
MrBJAY, are you up for cavair dinner? grin
Re: Why Is Caviar So Expensive by Nobody: 4:59am On Jun 30, 2011
^^^unfortunately i dont eat cooked fish or anything that came out of it, i only eat sushi BUT dont like Gunkan (seaweed wrap of fish eggs). lol

as for caviar, its so expensive that its mostly an hors d'oeuvre(finger food) rather than a meal.
Re: Why Is Caviar So Expensive by emmapk1: 2:31pm On Dec 08, 2022
Caviar is considered as most expensive food because of the following things.
(1)Type of fish (2) Time taken to produce roe (3) Harvesting and manufacturing process (4) Quality of salted roe (5) supply and demand
These five factors are the main reason that make caviar so expensive. There are few sites offering discount deals and vouchers to make caviar affordable. I think, you should take note of the quality of the website, how they respond to queries, and also read their feedback section. And when you have decided to buy caviar gift sets for the occasion you want to buy, try to order a little and conduct a taste test if the caviar is up to the quality promised. https://bestercaviarstore.com/collections/caviar-collection will help you to please your friends and family with caviar gift sets.
Re: Why Is Caviar So Expensive by discopotato: 12:30am On Nov 28, 2023
Caviar, derived from the Persian word "khāviyār," has a rich history that spans centuries. It is commonly associated with the roe (eggs) of sturgeon, a prehistoric fish that has inhabited the Earth for millions of years. The ancient Persians were among the first to indulge in this delicacy, recognizing the unique flavors and luxurious qualities of sturgeon roe.

(1) (Reply)

25 Shocking Facts About Bananas. / How To Make Number Cake Toppers / Oyinbo Nwunye Cooking & Travel Channel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.