Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,988 members, 7,806,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

If You Became The President Of Nigeria For A Day: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Became The President Of Nigeria For A Day: (3312 Views)

I Met With The President Of West Germany - BUHARI / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS / Isreal Sold Non-Functional Drones To Nigeria For $240m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Became The President Of Nigeria For A Day: by mundus(m): 12:16pm On Jun 28, 2011
Actually the above question was asked to one of the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria's contestants and I wondered what sort of question was that. Anyway if I am to say I will simply , Ur answers please
Re: If You Became The President Of Nigeria For A Day: by Lanray09: 1:43pm On Jun 28, 2011
If i were made President of this country for a day, all i would do is to quickly go into contract with foreign expatriates on fixing electricity problems so that we could have a better economy and consequently a better standard of living.
Re: If You Became The President Of Nigeria For A Day: by mundus(m): 1:50pm On Jun 28, 2011
"Go into contract" in a 24 hours. I can bet u that any contract hurridly signed to like that will not live long. Anyway that's ur view
Re: If You Became The President Of Nigeria For A Day: by joecrack(m): 1:55pm On Jun 28, 2011
Divide the country
Re: If You Became The President Of Nigeria For A Day: by superboi(m): 2:02pm On Jun 28, 2011
Use 23 Hours to share ministerial positions!! wink
Re: If You Became The President Of Nigeria For A Day: by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jun 28, 2011
I will not accept such. There is nothing much you can do under 24Hrs.

At least 3 months can be managed.
Re: If You Became The President Of Nigeria For A Day: by EzeUche1(m): 3:17pm On Jun 28, 2011
Divide the country o!

And nationalize all oil companies.
Re: If You Became The President Of Nigeria For A Day: by HamidO1(m): 3:41pm On Jun 28, 2011
I'll make sure Obj, IBB, Tony Anenih and all PDP chieftains are killed using government machinery. That way, 50% of our problem is solved.
Re: If You Became The President Of Nigeria For A Day: by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 28, 2011
Hamid O:

I'll make sure Obj, IBB, Tony Anenih and all PDP chieftains are killed using government machinery. That way, 50% of our problem is solved.
Did you say 50% of the problem?
hahahahahah! Bros, you are living in a fools paradise.
Re: If You Became The President Of Nigeria For A Day: by chiozor: 5:36pm On Jun 28, 2011
i will sign 1 billion to my account.
Re: If You Became The President Of Nigeria For A Day: by ak47mann(m): 1:07am On Jun 29, 2011
we will have northern and southern Nigeria cool cool
Re: If You Became The President Of Nigeria For A Day: by Ify27(m): 1:11am On Jun 29, 2011
Lanray09
Re: If You Became The President Of Nigeria For A Day:
« #1 on: Yesterday at 01:43:27 PM »

If i were made President of this country for a day, all i would do is to quickly go into contract with foreign expatriates on fixing electricity problems so that we could have a better economy and consequently a better standard of living.''

Just replace ''electricity'' with oil and this is what nigeria is doing today,

Just give out all your reasorces away to benefit companies( under 500 people)
so your whole country (well over 150 million)  can suffer?

ive got a better idea for presidency

#1: bring in foreign expatriates who dont give a shit about nigeria and give them jobs to control your oil,
#2: Let them suck your oil dry, export it to europe, after they refine the oil
#3:buy back your oil from the same people who you let steal it
#4:get terrified of militants fighting the people who is raping nigeria alive for the oil back
#5: Log in to Nairaland and complain about the declination of your country and gas prices
Re: If You Became The President Of Nigeria For A Day: by chelseabmw(m): 1:13am On Jun 29, 2011
I will divide the country
Re: If You Became The President Of Nigeria For A Day: by phuckNL: 1:22am On Jun 29, 2011
Anyone with a plan less than 3.5 years is a joker. You want to solve nigerian problems in a short period, lai lai.
You need at least 3yrs to make meaningful change. Abrupt change will only give rise to the same ol same ol, chop chop quick quick make my family sef come chop
Re: If You Became The President Of Nigeria For A Day: by Ify27(m): 1:24am On Jun 29, 2011
ME

i would TRY to expel all USA, GREAT BRITAIN, companies, politician, out of my damn country,
Then put a tax embargo on all imports from western countries,
build school, to educate the youngsters that your country is bleeped up because of white people and are using your leaders as slaves for the global domination, then get better relations with countries in southamerica,and the carrebeincause they also hate america,  start CLEANING nigeria.

but a boy can only dream ,

Im in there like booty hair!!!!
Re: If You Became The President Of Nigeria For A Day: by Costa2000(m): 1:25am On Jun 29, 2011
I will kill all the corrupt politicians that has stolen our money nd confiscate all there properties.Finally i will divide the country so that Boko Haram will stop bombing.
Re: If You Became The President Of Nigeria For A Day: by egberipops(m): 1:27am On Jun 29, 2011
F I AM THE PRESIDENT FOR JUST A DAY, I WILL MAKE SURE I KNOW HOW MUCH NIGERIA HAS IN HER ACCOUNT AND SIGN OUT SOME CHECKS IN MY NAME,, WILL PAY

FOR A HOUSE ONLINE, BUY TWO LIMOS, INVITE ALL THE MILITANTS IN MY STATE BAYELSA FOR A FIST AT THE ROCK, KILL ALL THE BOKO HARAMS, GO TO THE BEST CLUB IN ABUJA AND CARRY THE

MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRL TO ASO ROCK FOR THE NIGHT AND FORK TDB FIRST THING THE NEXT MORNING AM OUT OF THE ROCK., THEN THANKS GIVING AT MY CHURCH ON SUNDAY FOR

GODS PROVISION AND BLESSINGS, AMEN,. THE ABOVE CAN BE ACHIEVED IN A DAY AND IF THEY GIVE ME AN EXTRA DAY I WILL SHARE NIGERIA IN TO FOUR EQUAL PARTS

UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL. [color=#990000][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][b]I MEAN AM OH EHNMMMMNN
Re: If You Became The President Of Nigeria For A Day: by apoti(m): 1:43am On Jun 29, 2011
egberipops:

F I AM THE PRESIDENT FOR JUST A DAY,  I WILL MAKE SURE I KNOW HOW MUCH NIGERIA HAS IN HER ACCOUNT AND SIGN OUT SOME CHECKS IN MY NAME,, WILL PAY

FOR A HOUSE ONLINE, BUY TWO LIMOS, INVITE ALL THE MILITANTS IN MY STATE BAYELSA FOR A FIST AT THE ROCK, KILL ALL THE BOKO HARAMS, GO TO THE BEST CLUB IN ABUJA AND CARRY THE

MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRL TO ASO ROCK FOR THE NIGHT AND FORK TDB  FIRST THING THE NEXT MORNING AM OUT OF THE ROCK., THEN THANKS GIVING AT MY CHURCH ON SUNDAY FOR

GODS PROVISION AND BLESSINGS, AMEN,. THE ABOVE CAN BE ACHIEVED IN A DAY AND IF THEY GIVE ME AN EXTRA DAY I WILL SHARE NIGERIA IN TO FOUR EQUAL PARTS

UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL. [color=#990000][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][b]I MEAN AM OH EHNMMMMNN

You are even a worse disaster than your brother GEJ  angry angry
Re: If You Became The President Of Nigeria For A Day: by EuroMeko(m): 1:43am On Jun 29, 2011
An astute question.

If I were assigned the job of the Presidency for one day, here is what I'll do and I assure you that it will not be popular:

Appoint Bill Clinton as the President for the next 8 years and immediately take on a roll as a Consultant for the next 23 hours.
Make the following recommendations to the President:

Appoint Collin Powell as the Chief of Armed Forces, he'll know what to do.
Invite the United States and her allies to set up an Airforce Base in the North East, a UK Marine Base in the South East and a Chinese Naval ship yard in the South West and sign a specific 20 year lease
Freeze all foreign national debt and all foreign individual accounts over $1million
Open amnesty to all Nigerian Abroad who have a Masters/PHd degree and a proven demonstrated leader in their field, guaranteed job placement in the public sector
Set up a new ministry of defense, social services, transportation, energy and international affairs
Instruct the Energy Minister to provide to 80 percent of Nigerians before the end of the year, running water and electricity.
Instruct the Energy Minister to commission 3 nuclear power plants, and also set up a solar and wind farm.
Instruct the social services minister to immediately work on free health care and education

Go ahead, tell me it can't be done, we don't have money, etc etc

Like I said it won't be popular. When the oyinbo dey here before, we get water, light, train
Re: If You Became The President Of Nigeria For A Day: by chamber2(m): 1:44am On Jun 29, 2011
I would just remove Sanusi from the CBN grin grin
Re: If You Became The President Of Nigeria For A Day: by HighChief4(m): 1:46am On Jun 29, 2011
In The first 30minutes I will divide Nigeria
Re: If You Became The President Of Nigeria For A Day: by obowunmi(m): 1:47am On Jun 29, 2011
Ify 27 is onto some thing.
Re: If You Became The President Of Nigeria For A Day: by egberipops(m): 1:53am On Jun 29, 2011
High_Chief:

In The first 30minutes I will divide Nigeria
\

we have same mind may my God bless u \
Re: If You Became The President Of Nigeria For A Day: by MeGaStReEt: 1:54am On Jun 29, 2011
I will close Nairaland grin grin grin
Re: If You Became The President Of Nigeria For A Day: by odumchi: 2:20am On Jun 29, 2011
Most of these things you guys are saying cannot be done in one day.

As for myself I will order the army to go and arrest Buhari, IBB, and Obj simultaneously and would have them locked up or executed.

Secondly, I will dissolve my cabinet and redraw the map of Nigeria, with limited federalism and more individualism with no Longer 36 states but 5 states, North West, South West,North East, South East and Central.

I would ban sharia from the shores of Nigeria and systematically arrest the emir of Sokoto, and ban all religious workers from politics wether they be imams or bishops.

I would fire the head of the Army and declare myself head Military man and commander in chief of the Armed Forces of Nigeria. Essentially I would start a military government with limited elections on the state level. Id only do this because Nigeria NEEDS QUICK ACTION WHICH SLOW DEMOCRACY CANNOT PROVIDE US. I would consolidate power in myself and declare myself dictator of Nigeria until I am finished improving things and then we can return to lax, slow democracy. But do not confuse a lack of democracy for a lack of capitalism.
Re: If You Became The President Of Nigeria For A Day: by Lanray09: 2:53am On Jun 29, 2011
Ify27 must truly be up to something, probably confused or joking.
Re: If You Became The President Of Nigeria For A Day: by mkpologwu(m): 3:28am On Jun 29, 2011
1st hour: bar women frm driving
2nd: return OBJ to yankari
3rd: mandate that all MBGN contestants shld do
performance test on my bed
4th: make Ileke-Idi minister of tribal affairs
5th: create ministry of boko haram with Buhari d
minister
6th: ban use of cars on 3rd Mainland Bridge in d
mornings and evenings of d 5 workdays.
Only okadas and bicycle to ply there!
7th: and so on!
24th: finally invite continental drift to part d
country into two; North & South!
Re: If You Became The President Of Nigeria For A Day: by Osama10(m): 4:45am On Jun 29, 2011
Execute all who have stolen from the Government from 1960 to date.
Re: If You Became The President Of Nigeria For A Day: by edlion57(m): 7:13am On Jun 29, 2011
i will recall d white men 2 come and rule us again for 20yrs if we cant rule ourself.cant u see south africa
Re: If You Became The President Of Nigeria For A Day: by Andrew3(m): 7:18am On Jun 29, 2011
i agree with ya, i will revert back to colonialism
Re: If You Became The President Of Nigeria For A Day: by Demdem(m): 8:36am On Jun 29, 2011
I will order a manhunt on BEAF.
Re: If You Became The President Of Nigeria For A Day: by Goodcare(m): 9:44am On Jun 29, 2011
i will pray to God for guidains and i will apoint minister /workers that will work and supervise a 6 hour contract and i assure money will be triple for any suceful applicant. thank you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gen. Muhammadu Buhari On Asari Dokubo. / Boko Haram: Military Launches 'operation No Mercy' To Rescue NE / Sanusi's early Extremist youth as a member of the Muslim Students Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.