Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

How To Spice Up Your Marriage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Spice Up Your Marriage (13278 Views)

Funny Family/Marriage Pictures To Spice Your Day. / 9 Tips For Keeping The Spark Alive In Your Marriage / Tell Us About Your Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Spice Up Your Marriage by flower(f): 9:25pm On Feb 23, 2006
cheesy

I had to learn a long time ago that marriage takes a lot of work. I aim to make it my full time job, everything else is secondary and I let him know that.

Someone told me at my bachlorette party that marriage is a garden. It needs plenty of sun, you need to put a fence up around it to keep the critters out, constantly look over it and pull out any weeds you see growing, and give it a lot of time and attention to be sure that things are growing in a healthy way tongue
Re: How To Spice Up Your Marriage by ono(m): 11:46am On Feb 24, 2006
@flower

How long have you been married? You've got some of the best write ups on this so far,
Re: How To Spice Up Your Marriage by nikinash(f): 12:57pm On Feb 24, 2006
I had to learn a long time ago that marriage takes a lot of work. I aim to make it my full time job, everything else is secondary and I let him know that.

Someone told me at my bachlorette party that marriage is a garden. It needs plenty of sun, you need to put a fence up around it to keep the critters out, constantly look over it and pull out any weeds you see growing, and give it a lot of time and attention to be sure that things are growing in a healthy way

well said. i will also add my penny's worth:

Bind not yourselves in the secretness that causes suspicion and doubt. Trust and reveal yourselves to each other, even as the budding rose opens to reveal its fragrance and beauty.
And hear not only words, but also the non-language of tone, mood, and expression. Learn to listen to understand rather than listening to argue.
Let no one come between your togetherness, not child, not friend, nor worldly goods. Yet maintain enough separateness to allow each other his or her own uniqueness.
Re: How To Spice Up Your Marriage by Seun(m): 2:16pm On Feb 24, 2006
If you ladies keep this up, I'm definitely going to have a lovely marriage!
Re: How To Spice Up Your Marriage by nikinash(f): 2:42pm On Feb 24, 2006
only if you practice them o grin
Re: How To Spice Up Your Marriage by flower(f): 10:12pm On Feb 24, 2006
Ono, we are celebrating 3 years of marriage in April. cheesy

Seun: I'm sure you'll have a wonderful marriage because it seems as if you're truly interested in seeing what will make it work.
Re: How To Spice Up Your Marriage by Rhodalyn(f): 10:14pm On Feb 24, 2006
so will i Flower please say yes
i'll also have a wonderful marriage
Re: How To Spice Up Your Marriage by flower(f): 10:21pm On Feb 24, 2006
Rhodalyn:

so will i Flower please say yes
i'll also have a wonderful marriage

Yes, you as well cheesy
Re: How To Spice Up Your Marriage by nikinash(f): 2:04pm On Feb 28, 2006
what have you all been up to? c'mon share those roll in the hay formulas wink
Re: How To Spice Up Your Marriage by flower(f): 6:48pm On Feb 28, 2006
It's all really about paying attention. Pay attention to your spouse, see what they like and try to do more of it. cheesy
Re: How To Spice Up Your Marriage by BigE1: 4:58pm On Mar 01, 2006
wake him up middle of the night, just to tell him how much u love him.  wink
wear sexy nightwears, it does the magic too cool
Re: How To Spice Up Your Marriage by nikinash(f): 5:19pm On Mar 01, 2006
uhm wink
but how come a lot more sisters don't practice the nice lingerie idea? few places stock up on really nice lingerie in naija anyone know where to get one?
Re: How To Spice Up Your Marriage by flower(f): 5:55pm On Mar 01, 2006
The good thing about lingerie is that it not only makes you look sexy for him, but it has the ability to make you feel sexy as well. cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Spice Up Your Marriage by Seun(m): 9:00pm On Mar 01, 2006
Hmmm. So I can actually buy a lingerie for my wife? I'll actually be doing her a favor? It won't be a selfish present?
Re: How To Spice Up Your Marriage by nikinash(f): 7:53am On Mar 02, 2006
if my husband bought me lingerie, it would tell me he wants me and he seriously still finds me very attractive wink
Re: How To Spice Up Your Marriage by BigE1: 2:23pm On Mar 02, 2006
Initiate sex sometimes, don't let him do it always (Sisters)
shocked cool
Re: How To Spice Up Your Marriage by flower(f): 2:42pm On Mar 02, 2006
If my husband buys me lingerie, that means he loves my body and wants to see more of it. It means that I turn him on and that in turn activates my senuality for him kiss

It's something you both enjoy, it's not selfish at all.

1 Like

Re: How To Spice Up Your Marriage by Rhodalyn(f): 2:45pm On Mar 02, 2006
true
flower:

Yes, you as well cheesy
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How To Spice Up Your Marriage by nikinash(f): 3:30pm On Mar 02, 2006
Initiate sex sometimes, don't let him do it always (Sisters)

I have heard it said that husbands find it frustrating at times that they always have to be the ones initiatiing sex but I think it is usally because a woman doesnt't want to come across a s being a pervert. anybody has an opinion on that?
Re: How To Spice Up Your Marriage by flower(f): 3:49pm On Mar 02, 2006
My thoughts:

Men are visual creatures, if they see something they like, they can easily get turned on. Women are more emotional so it takes more for us to get in the mood. Men could look at us getting ready for bed or imagine seeing us (or another woman, who knows) and at that moment would like to become intimate.

Since we are not visual in that way, we are usually kick-started by the guys. Also, men think of sex so much more than woman (blame it on the testosterone) so we need to make a concious effort to understand that's what they like and make a move. It's not really a matter of being a pervert, especially if you're married.

One more thing: Men usually show love through being physical. It's how they connect. We are not wired that way so it's also an avenue they use to show us they care for us.
Re: How To Spice Up Your Marriage by viviansam(f): 3:54pm On Mar 02, 2006
@nikinash
You see it depends on the kind of woman. And how u understand the union of marriage. its true women feel like that but its a feeling or notion that shouldnt be in marriage. The bible says deny not one another, and if the women needs it, she should initiate it. The man is not the initiator. This could spice up our marraige alot, our initiating the lovemaking game.

The Men where are you guys, tell us how to spice our marriage too from the male POV.(Point of view)
Re: How To Spice Up Your Marriage by IAH(f): 9:43pm On Mar 02, 2006
nikinash:

if my husband bought me lingerie, it would tell me he wants me and he seriously still finds me very attractive wink

flower:

If my husband buys me lingerie, that means he loves my body and wants to see more of it. It means that I turn him on and that in turn activates my senuality for him kiss

It's something you both enjoy, it's not selfish at all.

Seconded! oops, Thirded. cheesy

nikinash:

I have heard it said that husbands find it frustrating at times that they always have to be the ones initiatiing sex but I think it is usally because a woman doesnt't want to come across a s being a pervert. anybody has an opinion on that?

If he says you are a pervert, tell him you are his pervert. I don't think there's anything wrong in initiating it, afterall he's your husband.

viviansam:

The Men where are you boys, tell us how to spice our marriage too from the male POV.(Point of view)

Exactly! Only the ladies have been contributing. And if they say Nigerian men are not romantic now, they would want to break their PCs. lipsrsealed
Re: How To Spice Up Your Marriage by nikinash(f): 10:14am On Mar 03, 2006
yes where are all them boys?
Re: How To Spice Up Your Marriage by flower(f): 2:13pm On Mar 03, 2006
nikinash:

yes where are all them boys?

Taking notes and studying what us ladies are saying grin
Re: How To Spice Up Your Marriage by ono(m): 5:19pm On Mar 10, 2006
I've learn't so much from you ladies. You're all a blessing to married people like me on NL. I will do my best to bring all these advice to bare on my marriage.

Thanks.
Re: How To Spice Up Your Marriage by madam: 12:11pm On Mar 29, 2006
I am a very lazy cook. and he loves to eat , So sometimes i cook him something really nice and that does the trick 4 me, Its always a "come here madam come sit with me" after a good meal
Re: How To Spice Up Your Marriage by tEsLim(m): 4:37am On Dec 24, 2006
Ask her afresh. (I mean TOAST her again, as if ur seeing for the first time again). Pretend something got into you and you just started noticing new features about her you've never seen. See what happens next.
Re: How To Spice Up Your Marriage by nikinash(f): 11:56am On Jun 04, 2007
hi everyone, how have you all been? has anyone practiced any of these tips successfully, please share your experiences. we need to revive this thread y'all.
Re: How To Spice Up Your Marriage by sisimose(f): 3:02pm On Jun 04, 2007
have a wide variety of sexual positions. i am being serious, it helps in my marriage. wink But really both have to find ways of enjoying and experiencing each other,could be doing new things like taking up dancing together or investing a a huge collection of lingerie(your husband will not shout about the credit card bill when it comes to this one , i promise you)
Re: How To Spice Up Your Marriage by titilayomi(f): 2:30pm On Jun 05, 2007
I'm learning, keep the ball rolling @y'all
Re: How To Spice Up Your Marriage by sisimose(f): 6:49pm On Jun 05, 2007
titilayomi:

I'm learning, keep the ball roll @y'all

aw that's nice, are you a new bride? wink when it comes to undies, lingeries, girl 3 words for you ''invest, invest, invest''
Re: How To Spice Up Your Marriage by titilayomi(f): 11:42pm On Jun 05, 2007
@sisi, I'll be in 9 months, but i'm learning a whole lot on this thread. I'm not so into sexy lingeries, i'm more into comfortable, fitting ones, but i guess i have to change my orientation and learn to invest in the sexy ones.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

. / A Must Read Letter From A Mistress To Wives / NL Wife Material

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.