Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,727 members, 7,805,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) (8062 Views)

EFCC: For 4yrs After Leaving Office As Gov, Saraki Received Monthly Salaries.. / GEJ Makes His First Public Outing Since Leaving Office (Photos) / Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by iragbijile: 2:53am On Jun 29, 2011
Daniel ‘sold' Olumo rock before leaving office, says Amosun
By Dimeji Kayode-Adedeji
June 29, 2011 12:38AM
print email

Ogun State governor, Ibikunle Amosun yesterday told an audience of shocked traditional rulers that his predecessor, Gbenga Daniel had "sold" the famous Olumo rock to a private manager under a concession arrangement that would last fifteen years.

Mr Amosun dropped the bombshell while addressing the state's traditional rulers at the Oba's Complex located at Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta, which is a stone throw to the governor's office. He also informed the gathering that due to the debt inherited by his administration, his government might not be able to pay the N18,000 minimum wage.

"The number one tourist centre in the state, ‘Olumo Rock' was concessioned for 15 years," Mr Amosun told the royal fathers "Other state resources are concessioned for between 25 and 60 years. I begin to wonder why somebody will sign all our patrimony. To make matters worse, all of them were made without the laid-down procedure. It did not go through the State Executive Council, not even the Assembly." He, however, said his government was resolved to look into all of these and review them.

"If it affects any of you our Kabiyesi, it is nothing personal, it is about the state. I am not here to witch-hunt anybody," he said.

Lamenting the financial position of the state, the governor added that the legacies of the founding fathers of the state had been handed out by the last administration, saying the state government's property on Victoria Island was leased out for 60 years.

He, however, disclosed that he was not interested in probing his successor.

"I am not interested in any probe. I don't want to use my good time to chase what I know is bad. They said they left N50 billion. They are looking into our debt. But at the appropriate time, we will tell you what we met on ground," Mr Amosun said. "I will even be happy if what we met on ground is N50 billion. Ogun is the most indebted state in Nigeria. Lagos borrowed N250 billion and Rivers is N150 billion. Lagos generates N30 billion per month. Rivers generates between N12 and N15 billion. What we generate is N900 million to N1 billion and you have a loan of N50 billion."

Mr Amosun said the financial position of the state is bad and that the state needs to borrow about N4 billion to pay its salaries.

"If civil servants wants N18,000 minimum wage, we will have to borrow about N6 billion. All our assets have been concessioned," he said.

Ready for correction

He also dismissed the power plant project embarked upon by the Daniel administration, saying the technology behind the power project is 1970s.

"A totality of N15.9 billion has been expended on it. The state has paid 50 percent to contractors and the percentage of work is just 20 percent. They are refurbished and to think that those are the asset that put us in debt. I know it is bad, I never imagined it is this bad."

He said he decided to address the traditional rulers to carry them along in the business of governance. He said his administration would renew the urban areas, which will affect some buildings.

"We will be stepping on toes in trying to rebuild the state, but we have to," he said. "In all we do, we will not allow our people to suffer. We will provide alternative. It is not to demolish for demolishing sake, our people have suffered a lot, we will not add to their problems. We will take briefing from you. When we veer off the track, feel free to correct us."
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by iragbijile: 2:54am On Jun 29, 2011
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5723810-146/story.csp

[size=18pt]ROFLMAO[/size]

This getting ridiculous
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by ektbear: 3:02am On Jun 29, 2011
Too much b1tching and complaining by Amosun. You shouldn't have run for office if you cannot handle the job.

1 Like

Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by seanet02: 5:27am On Jun 29, 2011
No, you got him wrong, he is complaining because the debt profile he met was much heavier than what iragbijile's uncle OGD announce before leaving office. Not easy. Over 80 billion naira as debt
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by stormm: 11:07am On Jun 29, 2011
ekt_bear:

Too much b1tching and complaining by Amosun. You shouldn't have run for office if you cannot handle the job.

I do not agree with you on this. Are you saying a right thinking political leadership should not take time to asssess what he is meeting on ground, to know the extent of the rot or progress? You will recall that in the first 6 months of Tinubu in Lagos, residents complained about his being too slow bla bla and compared him to Marwa, thge erstwhile milad. When he went for second term, he was voted in overwhelmingly and was even given the opportunity to appoint his successor.

My point is, is it not better to allow the people to know the extent to which the collective patrimony has been mortgaged, things that were formerly coveredwith the state's secret act? Imagine somebody concessioning Olumo Rock and virtually everything he met on ground and yet OGD still acknowledged owing N50b, wanted another N100b and the state has nothing to show for it.

Why invest in 70's technology all in the name of providing electricity when the comapanies that manufactured some components of your equipment may be moribund?

OGD's company Kresta Laurel got most of these contracts and its time to unveil those responsible for the impoverishment of the state.
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by rolchi(m): 1:46pm On Jun 29, 2011
stormm:

I do not agree with you on this. Are you saying a right thinking political leadership should not take time to asssess what he is meeting on ground, to know the extent of the rot or progress? You will recall that in the first 6 months of Tinubu in Lagos, residents complained about his being too slow bla bla and compared him to Marwa, thge erstwhile milad. When he went for second term, he was voted in overwhelmingly and was even given the opportunity to appoint his successor.

My point is, is it not better to allow the people to know the extent to which the collective patrimony has been mortgaged, things that were formerly coveredwith the state's secret act? Imagine somebody concessioning Olumo Rock and virtually everything he met on ground and yet OGD still acknowledged owing N50b, wanted another N100b and the state has nothing to show for it.

Why invest in 70's technology all in the name of providing electricity when the comapanies that manufactured some components of your equipment may be moribund?

OGD's company Kresta Laurel got most of these contracts and its time to unveil those responsible for the impoverishment of the state.

Since Amosun knows it is Kresta Laurel, then let him go to them, retrieve the "concessioned" or "sold" and then resell after passing thro' State Executive Council and Assembly and then come and pay workers. All these ACN governors in the SW (except Lagos Sha), should keep quiet and face governance. They should sit up and stop crying like babies, Ajimobi complained to trad. rulers and Amosun too is doing same, Ogbeni has not appointed State Executive Council for 8 months now and he is in India.

We watch and laugh, did not OBJ call Amosun his son, just like OGD used to be?

I dey laugh grin grin grin
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by Gbawe: 2:26pm On Jun 29, 2011
ekt_bear:

This is a rather high-handed statement. Amosun has been left in an almost impossible situation by OGD . Many things , previously unknown, are only just coming to light because new Governors now have access to information that reveal the extent of misrule perpetrated by previous Governors. In any case, Amosun did not "b.itch" to you . he is addressing traditional rulers  while disclosing some of his plans for Ogun State. Amosun has to carry the traditional rulers along since many wield considerable influence . In Yoruba culture , Amosun is somewhat culturally accountable to the Traditional rulers. He has to 'report' the misrule of OGD before he is deemed an "Omo ale" for things OGD is responsible for.

Ogun State governor, Ibikunle Amosun yesterday told an audience of shocked traditional rulers that his predecessor, Gbenga Daniel had "sold" the famous Olumo rock to a private manager under a concession arrangement that would last fifteen years.

Furthermore, Amosun is an accountant and this shows in how he 'takes stock' . Amosun , even if he has expressed shock at the state of affairs on ground, has not claimed the job is beyond him so it is rather uncharitable to say "you shouldn't have run for office if you cannot handle the job". He is entitled to publicly voice his dismay at the sheer misrule and wanton ineptitude that has reduced Ogun State to what it is today.
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by ektbear: 2:53pm On Jun 29, 2011
Alright. Let's then look at what he said, see if it makes any sense at all. Let's see if I was out of line to tell him to stop b1tching.

iragbijile:

Mr Amosun said the financial position of the state is bad and that the state needs to borrow about N4 billion to pay its salaries.

"If civil servants wants N18,000 minimum wage, we will have to borrow about N6 billion. All our assets have been concessioned," he said.

Borrow N4 billion to pay for salaries? Why? Even if Gbenga Daniel had sold off everything, is there no federal allocations?

His excuses just don't add up. Was Olumo Rock the one generating this N4 billion to pay salaries? Doubtful.

Too much complaining, not enough solutions. N50 billion is less debt than Kano State, Kwara and many others have, and yet Ogun has probably the highest economic potential of the non oil-producing states in Nigeria (after Lagos, of course.)

If Ogun State only generates N1 billion in IGR, then that means there is plenty of room for improvement. So roll up your sleeves and find ways to increase revenue. Including seizing any assets that OGD sold off/concessioned off too cheaply.

I also have no clue what he is going on about power plant technology from the 70s. Power plant is not a t-shirt that wears out in 2-3 years. If the initial feasibility studies were fine, complete the project rather than cancelling it and wasting the money OGD spent.

I don't want to hear his excuses, man. Ogun State has too much potential that a creative man can harness TODAY if he is willing.

Less excuses. Time for Amosun to roll up your sleeves and get to work, imo.
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by ektbear: 3:03pm On Jun 29, 2011
Even salaries. Are there no ghost workers in Ogun State like in all other states in Nigeria?

You will look to borrow N4 billion rather than thoroughly auditing the system, cleaning up redundancies, etc?

Smh. "High-handed statement", indeed.

I don't love the ACN more than I love Yorubaland. I'm unwilling to accept mediocrity just because it is wrapped in ACN packaging.
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by Katsumoto: 3:04pm On Jun 29, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He is simply benchmarking; if his constituents do not know the true extent of the mess left by OGD, they may not be fair in their assessments of his office or their expectations. He is simply making them aware of the magnitude of the work that awaits them all. He isn't bi.tching Ekt_Bear. Be patient; the man has not been in office longer than 3 weeks.

If people think you have 100 Naira when you only have 10 Naira, they will request for more than what you have. So when you tell them you only have 10 Naira, they will be careful not to ask for more than 10 Naira.
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by Kasiem2: 3:09pm On Jun 29, 2011
Was amosun unaware of all the evils done by ogd, before contesting that seat? Every i.diot knows how bad this olodo called ogd, ruled ogun state and that was the reason amosun was voted in there. So, why spending much time bickering with facts known to all? He should borrow a leaf from rochas, cos both of them met the same predicament.
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by ektbear: 3:12pm On Jun 29, 2011
The power plant "70s" comment is just benchmarking?

Saying he will have to borrow N4 billion to pay salaries (even w/o the raise to N18k) is also just benchmarking?

Both sound like sensationalism and grandstanding to me and don't pass the smell test.
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by ektbear: 3:19pm On Jun 29, 2011
Borrowing to pay salaries.

Can you imagine? Can you imagine how badly that would ruin the state?

Not borrowing for roads, electricity, education. . . but for salaries?

Lmao

Let him borrow too to give out free amala to everyone
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by Gbawe: 3:20pm On Jun 29, 2011
Kasiem2:

Was amosun unaware of all the evils done by ogd, before contesting that seat? Every i.diot knows how bad this olodo called ogd, ruled ogun state and that was the reason amosun was voted in there. So, why spending much time bickering with facts known to all? He should borrow a leaf from rochas, cos both of them met the same predicament.

Get real dude. What "facts known to all"? Did you know this before Amosun revealed it?
‘Olumo Rock' was concessioned for 15 years," Mr Amosun told the royal fathers "Other state resources are concessioned for between 25 and 60 years. I begin to wonder why somebody will sign all our patrimony.
Will auditors , even if they suspect fraud, know the scale of financial misconduct until they get a chance to audit the books? Abeg , lets be fair . Some issues will only come to light after a new team is in place . Comparing Rochas to Amosun just shows you are driven by sentiments not including fairness. Does Imo have an Olumo Rock , along with other state resources, that has been concessioned non-transparently? It is only in your mind that Rochas and Amosun "met the same predicament".
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by seanet02: 3:29pm On Jun 29, 2011
Over 100 billion naira will be discovered as debt after this, just be patient.
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by seanet02: 3:35pm On Jun 29, 2011
It is not possible to know the debt profile of a state you have not taken over, Amosun never knew it was this bad because OGD never laid down the truth, he kept insisting that the state is not as indebted as people are saying. Ogd surely needs to be hacked down.
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by Gbawe: 3:44pm On Jun 29, 2011
@ekt_bear.

Sorry dude but I think you are guilty of Argumentum ad hominem

http://plover.net/~bonds/adhominem.html

Argumentum ad hominem is the logical fallacy of attempting to undermine a speaker's argument by attacking the speaker instead of addressing the argument.

You are trying too hard to fault Amosun , personally, without qualitatively inspecting what he is saying !!! The man is saying that Ogun State is in a poor financial position because of the profligacy and corruption of the past Government and I believe it is only a lack of fairness to Amosun that would make you write this:

Borrowing to pay salaries.

Can you imagine? Can you imagine how badly that would ruin the state?

Not borrowing for roads, electricity, education. . . but for salaries?

Amosun has not stated categorically that Ogun would borrow to pay salaries without recourse to ameliorating conditionalities the Government can assist with , such as a compromise regarding the new minimum wage, that may mean Ogun State may not have to take the borrowing path.

Part of the problem is the populist , pre-election, 18,000 approval as minimum wages without a recourse to the financial burdens of Nigerian States. Amosun , above , makes it clear that "the financial position of the state is bad" !! What would people like you have him do first? begin building roads while arrogantly ignoring his obligation to pay a new wage structure his State may not be able to afford? Amosun is saying that Ogun may have to borrow if the State is forced to pay the minimum wages. Currently , Governors are still lobbying GEJ over an approach that will marry the financial situations within states with the ability to pay the new minimum wage . I really don't know what you wan't from Amosun.
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by dapachez: 3:53pm On Jun 29, 2011
is it this same olumo rock or another one

Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by Gbawe: 3:56pm On Jun 29, 2011
seanet02:

It is not possible to know the debt profile of a state you have not taken over, Amosun never knew it was this bad because OGD never laid down the truth, he kept insisting that the state is not as indebted as people are saying. Ogd surely needs to be hacked down.

Thank you !!!! Amosun himself has said so many times. He is an Accountant and that is why he is shocked by the extent of the mismanagement of OGD.

He also dismissed the power plant project embarked upon by the Daniel administration, saying the technology behind the power project is 1970s.

"A totality of N15.9 billion has been expended on it. The state has paid 50 percent to contractors and the percentage of work is just 20 percent. They are refurbished and to think that those are the asset that put us in debt. I know it is bad, I never imagined it is this bad."
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by ektbear: 4:09pm On Jun 29, 2011
Gbawe, I don't have any personal problem with Amosun. I just think he can convey his points (that OGD messed up the state financially) w/o telling us strange things that are at best misleading.

At any rate, at some point we'll have to stop blaming OGD and fix the situation on the ground.
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by Gbawe: 4:49pm On Jun 29, 2011
Katsumoto:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He is simply benchmarking; if his constituents do not know the true extent of the mess left by OGD, they may not be fair in their assessments of his office or their expectations. He is simply making them aware of the magnitude of the work that awaits them all. He isn't bi.tching Ekt_Bear. Be patient; the man has not been in office longer than 3 weeks.

If people think you have 100 Naira when you only have 10 Naira, they will request for more than what you have. So when you tell them you only have 10 Naira, they will be careful not to ask for more than 10 Naira.

One would expect more objectivity from Ekt_bear. Making out as if Amosun wants to run off to the borrowing market to pay wages , while ignoring infrastructure et al, is simply wrong. We have all witnessed the consistent argument that the FG must take stock of what is on ground before Nigerian States are mandated to pay the minimum wage .

Ogun State has large debts it is servicing . Now revealed is how OGD has conceded many state assets unfairly for long periods thereby effectively shortchanging the State of useful supplementary income. Amosun also reveals that Ogun is the "most indebted" State in Nigerian and that , no doubt because of OGD's gross incompetence,  montly IGR is 900 million to 1 billion for a State burdened so irresponsibly !!!!

Amosun is an accountant . He must first take stock , attempt to balance the book and then follow a holistic approach of development. Ekt_bear may want to see shiny new roads yesterday but that is not how things work in Nigeria. Especially not in the "most indebted state" in Nigeria . Amosun must first take stock of the mess on the ground . He must then seek to put Ogun's financial affair in order and then comprehensively formulate an enduring and well-planned development agenda .

We can all testify to how the ACN has been shouting relentlessly that the allocation sharing formula must be reviewed to favour States far more than an unwieldy and relatively unproductive federal structure (commensurate to spending) propping up one of the most expensive democracies on Earth. Currently , recurring expenditure for most States in Nigeria gulps virtually 70% of states expenditure leaving little for infrastructural/capital spending. The problem , as with Ogun that has a negligible monthly IGR of 900 million to 1 billion, is compounded by many States being led for long by those who do not have a strong commitment to growing IGR that may bring in the extra income that will facilitate the infrastructural development Ekt_bear wants !!!!

Many Governors , like OGD, simply preferred to cynically mismanage or pocket what Abuja doles out !!! We must try and gain a robust picture of what is on the ground before we speak. For example , Amosun is not responsible for the poor IGR of Ogun State but must be given time to try and increase it. He is not responsible for an insensitively set minimum wage that his State , a very indebted one, may be forced to pay. He is not the one bullishly failing to accede to the review of an allocation sharing formula that is unhelpfully lopsided against the rapid development of States , where most Nigerians reside, and slanted in favour of a federal system that sees our legislators being the best paid in the World !!!! I still think Amosun will come good even accounting for the hand he has been dealt but it is uncharitable to say he is "b.itching" because he is revealing the unexpectedly high level of mess left behind by the PDP.

https://www.proshareng.com/articles/2195

Nigeria: Before the oil runs dry

December 10, 2010

This note was prepared against the backdrop of the recent approval for an increase in Nigeria’s minimum wage and its consequences on public sector finances, especially for the federating states. Whilst the arguments for and against Nigeria’s debt profile continue, we believe the assessment, viability and sustainability of the current model of funding Nigeria’s federating states remains largely ignored. In our opinion, this is fundamental to Nigeria’s ability to achieve and sustain economic growth and development in the long run.

Regardless of the sheer volume of funding disbursed since the inception of Nigeria’s federal revenue allocation system, basic infrastructure still remain non-existent or at best very weak while states continue to receive the monthly FAAC allocations. In general, given that recurrent expenditure consumes c. 68 percent of states’ total expenditure, the vast majority of states barely have enough funds left to develop infrastructure that will attract investments and aid growth and development.

In our theory, the concept of incentive compatibility can be used to describe the set of rules or procedures for which, in this case, states within a country collectively agree and find that it is within their best interest to act in unison to achieve an agreed set of goals.

Unfortunately, we believe this may never be achieved with Nigeria’s current revenue sharing mechanism due to the low incentive it creates for states to want to aggressively seek other revenue generating options to improve their respective IGRs. The country therefore needs to develop a structure that incentivises and supports states to generate revenues. This is critical to the development of infrastructure in Nigeria, before the oil runs dry.
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by sbeezy8: 8:13pm On Jun 29, 2011
lol
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by jensinmi(m): 9:52pm On Jun 29, 2011
Interesting change in perspective from ekt_bear in this thread.

I always used to consider him an apologetic for most of these ACN governors.

@ ekt_bear: I am thankful you appreciate that most of these new governors don't seem to have much planned for their states.

AMOSUN, AJIMOBI, FAYEMI, AREGBESOLA - There is no "Fashola" in any of these guys.

All we will get will be excuses, delay tactics, grandstanding, and backpedaling.

Some people here said there was no way for Amosun to know the true state of affairs while campaigning. Well,  that might be true; but that was the more reason to not make lofty promises of thousands of employment opportunities and jobs, roads, free education and healthcare and turning their states into "new Lagos".

If they could not restrain themselves when making all these promises for votes, whose fault is it now??

On inauguration, they will promise education and healthcare to some folks and some days later start backpedaling. As if someone put a gun to their heads when they were blurting out nonsense.

I agree with Ekt_ Bear. All we hear are problems, problems, and problems. Not a single mention of solutions.

How to decrease overhead.
How to raise IGR.
How to maximize current federal allocation.

Not them o. All they want to do is complain. Tell them to give us a roadmap now.  . . abi time never reach??

For Gbawe and co, asking Ekt_bear to cool down. As it dey burn person, na so e dey pain am reach.

We are complaining because we had extremely high hopes of these individuals. Not because we have anything against them.

For to whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more. - Luke 12:48

DON'T LET ME EVEN START WITH THE FOOLISH PDP GOVERNORS. I WON'T LEAVE HERE TODAY.
But then,  we didn't expect much from them.
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by Gbawe: 11:32pm On Jun 29, 2011
jensinmi:

We are complaining because we had extremely high hopes of these individuals. Not because we have anything against them.

And what have they done , in four weeks, and as Governors taking over from the opposition, to disappoint you so far? Is it that they have not built 20 shiny new roads after two days in office? Do you understand the fiscal challenges ? Having high hopes is different to having unreasonable expectations that makes no allowance for the realities on the ground!!!!

Ajimobi or Amosun have not said they are not up to the job and one has to wonder what kind of Jury members you and Ekt_bear will make if you are willing to proclaim some governors "disappointing" when , as per taking over from the opposition, they deserve a sensible period of time to assess the damage done by the outgoing PDP regime . What do you guys want?

These guys took over from PDP Governors , with the attendant misrule they are known for, a few weeks ago and you are ready to write them off? They need your support  at a time we can all graciously agree should be for 'stock taking' . Why don't I see both of you being equally scathing of GEJ ? Did he not he hand over to himself after a year in charge  ? Has he not made some pronouncement (leaner Government not possible) and issued some directives ( eg moribund NNPC to revive our refineries within 24 months) that is far more damaging than anything  Amosun and Ajimobi have done? Jonathan is doing things that indicate we are in for "more of the same" and you guys level all your criticism towards ACN Governors who are reeling from the gross misrule of their PDP predecessors ?

It is almost as if some of you can't decipher the rudimentary divide-and-conquer programming of the PDP spin doctors and propagandists that makes us Nigerians fight everyone, friend and foe, to a standstill while ensuring opposition to misrule is never strong or potent enough. Give these Governors a[b] fair [/b]chance before you can conclude prematurely and unfairly , in a biased manner , that "there is no "Fashola" in any of these guys" . A PDP controlled center does not want them to do well . We should give them a fair crack of the whip rather than play into the hands of the PDP who want nothing better than to get Nigerians discrediting opposition Party leaders that have had barely three weeks in charge while they have failed over 12 years[b] in central [/b] and State majority control of Nigeria !!!
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by ektbear: 1:34am On Jun 30, 2011
Eh, jensinmi, if I see good I'll praise it, if I see bad then I'll comment on it.

BTW, I disagree with your analysis of Fayemi. He is doing a pretty good job, from what I understand.
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by aloyemeka2: 1:39am On Jun 30, 2011
seanet02:

No, you got him wrong, he is complaining because the debt profile he met was much heavier than [b]what iragbijile's  uncle OGD [/b]announce before leaving office. Not easy. Over 80 billion naira as debt

Roflmao grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by Basics007: 3:10am On Jun 30, 2011
Gosh I need to meet this Gbawe guy. Been a long time I saw a well constructed argument like this without attacking the opponent's personality esp on NL.
Dont see anything wrong in what Amosun said. It's better than keeping quiet while workers pour vituperations on him without them not knowing the true state of the state's financial affairs. Infact every evil those PDP govs did should be outlined now so we can all appreciate the devils they are. These are people who deliberately set booby traps for the incoming ones in order to distabilise their admin ala Akala in Oyo.
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by Roland17(m): 4:22am On Jun 30, 2011
now some of the traditional rulers are acting like they don't know, some of them were involved in the deal, Nigerian politics na wa ohhh
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by nigerhead(m): 5:09am On Jun 30, 2011
Is this not the same thing we hear from every newly elected politician. They come in and start telling us how their predecessor actually left the finances in a worse state than they ever imagined. Everybody suspected and heard enough rumors of OGDs mismanagement in Ogun, so if he already knew OGD was a thief he should have been prepared for the worst, the way it is now, he is telling us that there are still dirtier revelations coming our way about OGD. Lets beg him to stop, and tell us how to get Ogun out of its predicament.

What we need to hear is what their solutions to the problems will be, I bet you, we will not hear anything definite about their solutions. What we need to see him doing is giving us definite road maps as to how he plans to tackle the situation over the next 4 years of his administration. SIMPLES!

If OGD sold Olumo rock, does the concession make Financial sense, dont just come and say that he sold it off, it is still the property of OGun state.
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by jensinmi(m): 5:39am On Jun 30, 2011
nigerhead:

Is this not the same thing we hear from every newly elected politician. They come in and start telling us how their predecessor actually left the finances in a worse state than they ever imagined. Everybody suspected and heard enough rumors of OGDs mismanagement in Ogun, so if he already knew OGD was a thief he should have been prepared for the worst, the way it is now, he is telling us that there are still dirtier revelations coming our way about OGD. Lets beg him to stop, and tell us how to get Ogun out of its predicament.

What we need to hear is what their solutions to the problems will be, I bet you, we will not hear anything definite about their solutions. What we need to see him doing is giving us definite road maps as to how he plans to tackle the situation over the next 4 years of his administration. SIMPLES!

If OGD sold Olumo rock, does the concession make Financial sense, dont just come and say that he sold it off, it is still the property of OGun state.

Thank you very much sir. May God bless you. From Kwankwaso to Amosun to Rochas,

Everyone kicks off with the same excuses. All of this is very akin to GEJ's "4 years is not enough to make a change."

Exactly the point that I made in my previous post. Uncle Gbawe decided to ask what I expect them to do in 1 month.

I expect them to know the yoruba adage.

Omode to ba ti ma gbon, ati kekere lo ti ma se enu shuwe shuwe.
Translated: The pikin wey go know book, na from when him small we go know by the way he dey talk and him character/ sharpness.

I expect them to spend as much time talking about the solution as they do the problem.
I expect road maps, milestones, goal-setting, quantifiable achievements.

You don't need 1 year of GEJ to know that the man has no plan for Nigeria and that we should not expect any change from him. His actions in as little as 1 week can tell you.

Likewise,  1 month is enough for us to see the roadmaps and solutions that these governors have for their states. Nothing on ground yet. No Manifestos before election and no plans, milestones, roadmaps, and setting of measurable goals afterwards

Amosun said he won't probe the previous administration. Fine for him.
If that is the case, why the complaining?? - WHAT'S DONE IS DONE, LET'S BE SOLUTION ORIENTED.

We are waiting to hear solutions. Enough of the usual excuses. Everyone gives those excuses. Nigerians are tired.

Do you think the average man on ground in Ogun state cares about whether OGD left debt of N25billion or N45 billion??

People want to know what the new administration can do for them with the limited resources available. Enough excuses.

If Amosun has no idea what to do, Ekt_bear and Jensinmi do. He better start asking for our help.  grin grin grin
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by talktrue1(m): 7:05am On Jun 30, 2011
Every opposing governor always start by telling us how his predecessor has embezzled the state fund and when they are leaving, they might still leave the state in worse state.

Let him leave the debt as it is, use only the federal allocation and the Internal revenue, to work in his tenure so he can prove that governors can work with what they have
Re: Daniel ‘sold' Olumo Rock Before Leaving Office (lol) by stormm: 7:41am On Jun 30, 2011
talk true:
Let him leave the debt as it is, use only the federal allocation and the Internal revenue, to work in his tenure so he can prove that governors can work with what they have

And in your thinking, bolded is enough to pay the N18,000 and still develop infrastucture?

More importantly, are you just a commentator or you are really interested in the affairs of Ogun State?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Things You Need To Know About Senator Musliu Obanikoro / Presidential Appointments: Buhari’s Ministerial List Latest Update / Meet Dr Eni Njoku Jnr, Son Of The First VC Of Unilag Who Works For NASA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.