Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,145 members, 7,807,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

Can You Drive Forward While Looking At The Rear View Mirror? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Drive Forward While Looking At The Rear View Mirror? (1834 Views)

God Is Not Looking At Your Sins To Judge You / Do You Drive Like JESUS? / Ban Religion For Africa To Move Forward... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Drive Forward While Looking At The Rear View Mirror? by chima2011: 5:18am On Jun 29, 2011
Can you drive forward while looking at the rear view mirror? You obviously can't. That I'm sure of. But most times you see a lot of people trying to achieve this feat in real life. How by comparing themselves and always looking around to see who is better than they are. - see more here http://stories.com.ng/2011/06/stay-focused-you-cant-move-forward-effectively-while-looking-back/
Re: Can You Drive Forward While Looking At The Rear View Mirror? by Joagbaje(m): 2:35pm On Jul 20, 2011
chima2011:

Can you drive forward while looking at the rear view mirror? You obviously can't. That I'm sure of.

I don't mean to be critical, but it's possible to drive forward while looking at the mirror . We do it everyday.

But most times you see a lot of people trying to achieve this feat in real life. How by comparing themselves and always looking around to see who is better than they are. - see more here http://stories.com.ng/2011/06/stay-focused-you-cant-move-forward-effectively-while-looking-back/

The man Who compares himself with others is not wise.

2 Corinthians 10:12
For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.
Re: Can You Drive Forward While Looking At The Rear View Mirror? by ogajim(m): 6:18pm On Jul 20, 2011
Joagbaje:

I don't mean to be critical, but it's possible to drive forward while looking at the mirror . We do it everyday.

For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

Pastor JoAgbaje don come again ooooo, how can you drive and focus at the rear view mirror at the same time? I can understand looking before switching lanes or so but then again, it might just be one of those "miracles" that you talk about for you to multitask in a moving vehicle though I would pay not to be in front of you at anytime.

"Our eyes are placed in front because it is better to look forward than look backward, " (An African saying)
Re: Can You Drive Forward While Looking At The Rear View Mirror? by Joagbaje(m): 7:23pm On Jul 20, 2011
ogajim:

I can understand looking before switching lanes or so but then again, it might just be one of those
so when you use the mirror while switching lanes, does your car still continue going forward or you have to stop each time you look at your mirror?

Talk. . .
Re: Can You Drive Forward While Looking At The Rear View Mirror? by nlMediator: 10:37pm On Jul 20, 2011
Joagbaje:

Joagbaje:

so when you use the mirror while switching lanes, does your car still continue going forward or you have to stop each time you look at your mirror?

Talk. . .

The guy said rearview mirror and you're focusing on mirror! Big difference. I think what he meant is that you can't drive for long. It's just like saying if one is doing something wrong, one may not get immediate results, but that 'grace' may not last very long. More directly, I think the poster is making a very important spiritual point: nobody who wants to make progress in christianity and life generally should be focusing on the past. Paul said it in Phil. and Isiaiah also said the same thing - about forgetting the former things and pressing forward. It does not mean that the past is totally irrelevant. Au contraire, it may be a good guide sometimes to help us maintain the right perspective - e.g., to remember God's deliverance.

I agree on the comparison part. It's one of the most foolish things we do as human beings. We need to realize that everybody is running his own race and not competing with us.
Re: Can You Drive Forward While Looking At The Rear View Mirror? by Joagbaje(m): 5:59am On Jul 21, 2011
nlMediator:

The guy said rearview mirror and you're focusing on mirror! Big difference.

Is there a front view mirror in a car? grin . There is only one mirror . Na mirror. grin

I think what he meant is that you can't drive for long.

Let him be the one to say that, he had used a wrong illustration. I only pointed it out.
Re: Can You Drive Forward While Looking At The Rear View Mirror? by nlMediator: 4:20pm On Jul 21, 2011
^^^

You've got some good points there! [But I still think I'm right!!]

(1) (Reply)

To The Sceptic / Some Basic Islamic Manners - Revisited / Kenyan Lawyer Suing Israel For Killing Jesus [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.