Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,267 members, 7,780,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:21 PM

30,000 Websites Project - City Development - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 30,000 Websites Project - City Development (11735 Views)

Wordpress E-commerce Plug-in Puts Over 5,000 Websites At Risk / It Certification Course For As Little As 30,000 Naira / I Need A Ready Made Website,not More Than #30.000: And I Want: .com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

30,000 Websites Project - City Development by iwantto(m): 7:28am On Jun 29, 2011
I will be starting a project today to create 1000 websites before the close of 2011.

Title edited to be 30,000 websites before year end. Finally concluded upward review of my project to create more websites. I discovered that my billions of database records have lots of city information, profile, events, personalities, entertainment etc. I have about 50,000 cities fully covered. I may resort to sub domains for some of the cities to reduce domain cost.

This project is aimed at raising the needed capital for developing my town through:
1. Scholarships for kids from nursery to secondary level.
2. Building of 4 standard school with capacity to accommodate 30,000 children with state of the art teaching facilities.
3. Free wireless, Wifi and Wimax Internet connection to all homes in the town.
4. Development of a cassava farm and processing plant.

And many others which could set the town as an emerging modern town in Nigeria.

Projected minimum daily revenue for my 1,000 website project is $10,000. This projection is based on research already carried on my recent web projects.

I have be able to gather over 3billion non-copyrighted web contents spanning from biographies, history, geography, several national yellow pages etc.

You can add your comments on possible city developmental initiatives I can take to improve my city.

Note:
Projected is already funded by me. Just domain names and a dedicated server. Many reasons Nigeria youths needs to learn website development.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by instinctg(m): 3:22pm On Jul 01, 2011
best of luck and how many sites are up as at today (1st July,2011) ?
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by yamakuza: 5:38pm On Jul 01, 2011
lolz. username matches too

just checked. He should be able to.

Subscribing.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by guru01(m): 8:23am On Jul 02, 2011
@op
Are you the only 1 working on this project?
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by yawatide(f): 10:58am On Jul 02, 2011
i_want_to

Whereas my goal is to develop 1000 over the span of my career, yours is to do same in 6 months.  I troway salute and wish you luck.

I personally think that's a little ambitious on your part, especially the $10,000 a day minimum:

You would need to develop:
- ~167 sites a month
- ~ 5 sites a day
- ~ 1 site every 4 hours (assuming you don't sleep)

Again, I think developing solid websites at this rate maybe a tad overly ambitious but hey, I have been wrong before and don't mind being wrong again.

My suggestion, if it is worth anything, would be to subscribe to the "quality, not quantity concept".  In other words build the 1 solid site/app that could generate that revenue stream as opposed to 1000.

If you can do it, go for it. Keep us abreast on your progress. Once again, I wish you well and I wish you luck!
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by DualCore1: 11:01am On Jul 02, 2011
Yawa, keep me abreast grin
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by yawatide(f): 11:41am On Jul 02, 2011
Dual, you don come again o. Today na saturday. You should be recovering from friday clubbing tongue
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by yamakuza: 1:19pm On Jul 02, 2011
dont think hes going manual on it

thought he was going to use drupal or wp multisite, until i discovered he had coded his own cms. wonder how robust that can be compared to existing ones with active years and users

3 billion words or pages? delta ppl sha. how u count am?

one last thing. how many sites are currently making $10k daily? in africa?

i assume he'll use the income 4d 4 listed items. something uduaghan couldnt do with all d oil coys in dat state

bros, start a VC firm instead na
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by guru01(m): 10:31pm On Jul 03, 2011
If he beleive he can do it, i also beleive he can do it.
@OP
Ride on bro,
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by iwantto(m): 2:58pm On Jul 04, 2011
I do understand all our concern and kind thoughts, but I have sufficient experience building micro sites focused on making income from ads and also affiliate programs like Amazon.

I have completed the template technology to use which is best suited for looping through millions of SQL rows without having to eat up memory. Most CMS like Drupal or Wordpress may not be able to run on a database records of over 10million.

Concerning the launching of 1,000 sites instead of one big site, I need the 1,000 site to create backlinks, referrals and also lock up and spin traffic. The technology I coded can deploy more than 100 websites daily. Again keeping your keywords within a single domain allows your site to rank higher on google search results.

Before the close of this week, I will be announcing the first sets of sites and we can all monitor the progress together. I may not get to the $10k mark, I think there is no crime trying or projecting very high. Wherever I fall on, it is certainly going to be a great experience.

These sites are well optimised for organic and search traffic, see snapshot of google analytical result from the experiment I made with a single site last month below:

I have shown us this because I wanted us to know that this is a very serious and well research project.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by yamakuza: 10:26pm On Jul 11, 2011
@all :

lets say i'm trying to choose a name for a cityportal and the .com is taken, am i better off with the .net or city(something).com, from a seo/sem, traffic, usability perspective?

E.g. Is ikeja.net better than ikejaweb.com or will i be driving traffic to ikeja.com, my competitor by using a .net name?

Seems .com is always easier to use or recall, but the .net option seems shorter here.

Which would you choose and why, bearing in mind a .com exists?

Thanks!
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by yawatide(f): 12:05pm On Jul 12, 2011
IMHO, you have answered your own question.

Bear in mind that .net is (officially) reserved for ISPs. Pretty much everyone in the world know about .com. Stick with that, especially considering your url is short and easy to remember.

good luck!
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by yamakuza: 12:38pm On Jul 12, 2011
^ thanks again.

Just wasnt sure if google would rank a generic name dot net over generic name something dot com for search results on generic name.

The generic name dot net was also tempting as collector's item for secondary market.

Anyone disagreeing with us? if so, why so?

thanks again!
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by iwantto(m): 4:41pm On Jul 13, 2011
I have been crazily busy writing the codes for this project. Already out with the CMS to use. Also building the right dedicated server to use was a major issue. Had to build a custom box as I couldn't find any running on a 32GB RAM. I was able to custom build an Intel Core i7 870 2.93 Ghz 8 MB Cache to run on a 32GB memory.

My previous 6GB Memory was crashing whenever a large SQL query is executed. Most tables has over 30million rows of data. The hardware upgrade and database re-indexing solved the entire challenges

Current Issue
----------------------
I need a cheap and dependable domain registration company. I tried using syskay but their site is quite very slow and it takes all day trying to order a single domain. Netfirms though cheaper but acts very funny with GTBank naira master card. Was able to register just three domains with Netfirms b4 the Card issues started.

Anyone with a good lead on where to shop for cheap and reliable domain names?
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:58pm On Jul 13, 2011
Has this money-tree HYIP started yet grin I need to join early
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by gidi1(m): 5:03pm On Jul 13, 2011
Dude, I wish I had any clue as to what you're doing, but I do believe in your overall objectives and support you wholeheartedly. Go for it.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by miracle4(m): 5:36pm On Jul 13, 2011
use www.smartwebng.com i have hosted about six sites with them resently
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by Mcleo007(m): 5:47pm On Jul 13, 2011
Keep the dream alive bro. Live it up!
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by oohunt: 5:56pm On Jul 13, 2011
Try hostgator.com. Though not Nigerian but highly reliable. They have great customer service 24x7.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by brixton: 6:03pm On Jul 13, 2011
Great thinker, All d best bro. Abeg kip us informed abt it
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by MMM2(m): 6:27pm On Jul 13, 2011
God grace bros.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by Orikinla(m): 6:35pm On Jul 13, 2011
Great idea and I hope corporate Nigeria will support your laudable project.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by UyiIredia(m): 7:27pm On Jul 13, 2011
undecided
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by Kwezbaba: 7:39pm On Jul 13, 2011
how about you concentrate your efforts on making one really good website rather than a thousand crap ones that nobody is going to visit?
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by troy07: 7:42pm On Jul 13, 2011
i_want_to:

I have been crazily busy writing the codes for this project. Already out with the CMS to use. Also building the right dedicated server to use was a major issue. Had to build a custom box as I couldn't find any running on a 32GB RAM. I was able to custom build an Intel Core i7 870 2.93 Ghz 8 MB Cache to run on a 32GB memory.

My previous 6GB Memory was crashing whenever a large SQL query is executed. Most tables has over 30million rows of data. The hardware upgrade and database re-indexing solved the entire challenges

Current Issue
----------------------
I need a cheap and dependable domain registration company. I tried using syskay but their site is quite very slow and it takes all day trying to order a single domain. Netfirms though cheaper but acts very funny with GTBank naira master card. Was able to register just three domains with Netfirms b4 the Card issues started.

Anyone with a good lead on where to shop for cheap and reliable domain names?

You sound serious but if you are really serious email me
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by nnalove(m): 8:00pm On Jul 13, 2011
Best of luck dear. But make sure all seems interesting and nice. Cos u embkin on difficult task.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 13, 2011
An automated web design software just tell it what to do and it will, shey na that kind software u get
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by yamz: 8:31pm On Jul 13, 2011
U mean u bought such an expensive server, and they couldnt throw in a free domain name?

Where u bought the server, they dont do domain registration i guess.

Why scrounge on $10 domain, when you just spent hundreds/thousands of dollars on a server, abi na under your bed the server dey?

Dbs with tables in the millions. Guy, r u 4 real or what?

Pls lets know how seriously to take you.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by lojik(m): 8:36pm On Jul 13, 2011
This guy is a thinker!
From my experience, your idea should work but the question is "for how long?".  Your bounce rate will be too high and this may impact your ranking.
I am always a fan of "quality over quantity" but an analysis of what you are trying to do shows that quantity will take you there faster than quality.

You should use namecheap.com for your domain. Namecheap  supports GTB Mastercard and registration is instant!
Remember to use their coupon.

@yamz
It is evident that you dont understand the nature of his project.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by Lotterysun: 8:39pm On Jul 13, 2011
If you need to raise more money as long as you are working on helping the young unemployed brothers and sisters back home contact me. This is one of the  best things I read in recent time through this medium. My prayers are with you. You will succeed because I feel that you are a good person. I have some books listed through Amazon and other outlets.
Lottery Pro Player
Lottery Pal
Lottery Ace
Lottery Pocket Book
Lottery Sun Magazine
And more.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by Decryptor(m): 8:41pm On Jul 13, 2011
Wish u good luck. Hope u dont get Brain fagged at the end though.

And for your Webhosting, please whatever you do,[b] DO NOT USE SMARTWEB (www.smartwebng.com) DONT!!!! [/b]OR ELSE THEY'LL FRUSTRATE YOU LIKE THEY ALMOST DID TO ME!
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by PaulJohn1: 9:08pm On Jul 13, 2011
Hey man! u got gud dreams. I pray it come through (Amen). But bro, please when u achieve ur dream, please don't forget about ur country. Don't be like our past champions who flyaway from the country as soon they achieve their dream. Establish in here in Nigeria, and don't give our glory to any other country, be it because of money or anything. God will help u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Someone Is Trying To Hack My Blog, What Do I Do? / How To Make Money On Blogging And Start Online Business. / Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.