Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

30,000 Websites Project - City Development - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 30,000 Websites Project - City Development (11762 Views)

Wordpress E-commerce Plug-in Puts Over 5,000 Websites At Risk / It Certification Course For As Little As 30,000 Naira / I Need A Ready Made Website,not More Than #30.000: And I Want: .com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by guru01(m): 12:56am On Jul 15, 2011
I know you can achieve it, smiley
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by iwantto(m): 1:27am On Jul 15, 2011
Just tested thoroughly the first deployment online of one of the 1,000 chain of websites, all with distinctive contents.
You can view it through this link:
Aircraft Manufacturers & Models
http://aircraftopedia.com

Overview of the custom script used
------------------------------------------------------------
1.) Reduce internal script interaction, by eliminating logins, registrations etc. Interactivity like commenting is implimented through facebook comment plugin which allows for holders of yahoo, fb, hotmail, aol etc to make their comments. The interesting thing about fb comment is that it is set by default to share whenever you add a comment. Meaning contents are automatically shared across the web when comments are made causing a chain reaction.

Note:
Most often times, your friends are people you share similar interest ("niche"wink with.

2.) Social sharing is implimented through fb and twitter.

3.) Regular maintenance is greatly reduced because contents are timeless meaning it remains relevant for a long time to those within this info niche. Secondly, all sites focuses on foreign traffic and specialized high paying keywords.

I will keep us posted as I add more of the sites.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by Nobody: 1:47am On Jul 15, 2011
Very good amigo. Keep it up.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by success4(m): 4:25am On Jul 15, 2011
@I_want_to:
Why using capital letter in your site na?
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by iwantto(m): 5:11am On Jul 15, 2011
success4:

@I_want_to:
Why using capital letter in your site na?

The site contents are aircraft models which had lots of capitalized codes and model numbers on their titles. Converting them to titles cases will affect most of these model numbers. The entire database was culled on upper cases so I just allowed the pattern.

See am example:
ALLSTAR PZL GLIDER SZD 51-1 JUNIOR

converting this to title case becomes:
Allstar Pzl Glider Szd 51-1 Junior.

The converted looks distorted to me, but if others say they prefer that, I will change it.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by bolaoni(m): 8:49am On Jul 15, 2011
Wow! This is audacious! 1000 websites in 6 months? Hmmm

Are they going to be autogenerated or you are willing to use open-source platforms or what?

I am interested in following the progress of this project. Are you working alone or with a team? Hmmm. My guys must hear/read this!

Keep us abreast please.

Cheers
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by trimwis: 9:10am On Jul 15, 2011
Thumbs up to you man i believe you can do it!!
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 17, 2011
Kudos! What are the products that u will sell on these sites. How will u get d products? Or are the sites just affiliated to producers/ manufacturers? If Ur intent is to help Ur community, then why announced same on Nairaland? Again, great works are hardly brought to public at inception. What exactly a u upto?
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by causRep: 1:18am On Jul 18, 2011
oBoy, i salute your goal. may ur dream (has to be a dream) come true
My own goal Is to do just 100 before years end and i am just on site 2.

I kind of get so bugged down with SEO consultancy work that I am spent (like an empty tube of close-UP wink ) at the end of each work day.

I love my work, though, and i suggest u go for it if you love ur work too.!
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by Slyr0x: 4:21am On Jul 18, 2011
Well, its a forum and y'all can have your say. .but engaging in flame war is what iDon't support. .

Just a question for "our accomplished" Mr Savar, what right have you to call him a scammer? angry angry

If you don't have a reply to that, then i really don't see any reason why you should be on this board!
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by causRep: 2:39pm On Jul 18, 2011
SEO Diagnostic results:
site fine
keywords structure excellent etc
but links not opening
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by iwantto(m): 5:46pm On Jul 18, 2011
causRep:

SEO Diagnostic results:
site fine
keywords structure excellent etc
but links not opening

Thanks man for pointing this out. Just fixed it now.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by iwantto(m): 5:50pm On Jul 18, 2011
Site launch update 18/07/2011
---------------------------------------------
Just launched another of the sites today. You can view it through the link below:
US Hospital Portal
http://omhospitals.com

Will post the others as I launch them.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 18, 2011
This is fantastico amigo, keep it up. I believe you can do it. . . . .no mind all them doubting tomcats thomases
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 18, 2011
Funny enough, my framework as it is right now (incomplete) - without even having extensions on it can be used to build these two sites you have done - in about 2 - 3 hours.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by yamakuza: 10:23pm On Jul 18, 2011
MeandSum:

I think you're making one huge mistake.
I had a client/friend few years ago that created about 2500 sites(different markets and mostly affiliate's or a one page site). He used over 200 servers. It took google less than 6 months to find, and ban each one of those sites!

I'm talking about google of 2005 not that of 2011 which is like 100 time more adapt to weeding out such sites.

You can't run a successful operation with 1000 sites without this being a spanning expenditure. It is just not possible. And $10,000 a day, while achievable, will require millions of quality visitors a day. To achieve that, you'll need to add 4-5 quality content to each site a day. that is 4000 new pages a day for the first few months. Someone other than you would need to manage that sh1t! from experience, one person can manage a max of 30 sites and he/she'll be looking at a 16-hour work day.

few questions 1) who writes content for the sites? 2) if you are using an in-house cms, how do you plan to deal with spam?

one of my sites average 16K unique visitors a day and gets over 1000 spam comments. Thanks to wordpress (or should that be Ma.tt?) for Akismet.
I have no idea how you plan to control spam on 1000 sites!!

@ op: any answer to the above?

At $10k daily, how long before you own Google?

Kinda noticed the big networks serve their own ads. Any plans for that?
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by surveycash(m): 1:07am On Jul 19, 2011
dhtml I was directed to meet you by Slyr0x for my Joomla questions. Where do you want me to post them? Thank you.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by iwantto(m): 2:33am On Jul 19, 2011
yamakuza:

@ op: any answer to the above?

At $10k daily, how long before you own Google?

Kinda noticed the big networks serve their own ads. Any plans for that?

If you take a look at all my sites, you will noticed they already have several valuable contents. All sites are using well gathered databases from different government and commercial sources.

They are timeless information that do not require daily update.
Most sites do not have a way for people to add spam comments, fb comments plugin do not support SEO which discourages spammers. FB comment plugin makes the management of comment easy as every comment is managed from my fb account.

on management, I think all my sites require very little management because they were well planned against management challenges, no signup, no login or internal interaction was allowed. All I need check regularly is site up time which is currently being handled by a script that sends me an sms and email alerts whenever any of my sites go down.

Concerning google banning sites, google do not ban quality sites just because they are many. Please read their policy agreement. You friend was only trying to achieve quantity and not quality. A one page site containing mostly affiliate content will result to massive duplication of contents across the web which google frowns at.

My lowest database has over 100k high quality contents which makes all my sites unique and with improved quality. I have stock piled over 3billion unbelievable contents which is the reason I can confidently say I can developed 1,000 websites with distinct contents.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by yamz: 5:42am On Jul 19, 2011
^ Great!
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 19, 2011
surveycash:

dhtml I was directed to meet you by Slyr0x for my Joomla questions. Where do you want me to post them? Thank you.

Anywhere you post it i will still see it. I ready almost EVERY topic on this board - just that i chose which ones i respond to.
But it is better you create a new thread so that people can see it easily and other people like joomlaman can respond too.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by Nobody: 5:09am On Jul 21, 2011
Sorry about that amigo. I saw your reply. The thing is - this kinda application you want to build is best done by drupal rather than joomla
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by jeteowo: 5:10am On Jul 21, 2011
Wel done, i_want_to, i have a similar project to yours but will be accomplished in 4 years' time.

Have you heard of SEO hosting, this is will far better than using a dedicated server as you are currently doing
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by Nobody: 5:12am On Jul 21, 2011
Sorry amigo - i just read your post now - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=701694.85;wap2
- it was swallowed up by the spam bot.

Hmm, someone achieve it 4 years, i 1 year - interesting
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by iwantto(m): 6:31am On Jul 21, 2011
I will be listing 10 new websites before the weekend. I just completed 8 of them now but they all seem to interconnect as resources are shared between all. I will need to get all ten loaded before I can share the links with us on NL.

All ten sites runs on a total resources of over 100million database records.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 21, 2011
Santa Maria! Este amigo nuestro es muy fantastico! Me gusta!! Thumbs up!!!
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by grailife(m): 8:38pm On Jul 22, 2011
@ i want to thumbs up but why not build one good money making website like facebook which i believe its making more money than 1000 websites. I need a website too just one am ready to pay u more than 100 thousand naira to build this website once its a money making website, i hve some ideas though but ur suggestions will be greatly appreciated. My facebook id email is tmiceal@gmail.com , i also plan to help orphanages and the poor in my hometown with 50 percent of the profit made from this website.orphanages and the poor in my hometown with 50 percent of the profit made from this website.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 22, 2011
Hmm, estos es muy interesante. . . .@grailife, i think it is best you ehm you know - create a thread for your project
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by iwantto(m): 9:17pm On Jul 22, 2011
Just drop another one. Do check it out through this link:

Musical Artists, Bands and Lyrics
http://omlyrics.com
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by iwantto(m): 9:20pm On Jul 24, 2011
Just drop another site. Took me a lot of time to complete this. Site has over 50million books and authors. Had to submit over 1000 sitemap to 3 search engines - bing, yahoo and google.

Site Link:
Book Library For References & Reviews
http://ombooklibrary.com

What a crazy tedious sameness.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by dhtmlextreme(m): 10:54pm On Jul 24, 2011
Caramba! How you manage to escribe ehm cuantos 50million libros es still maravillosa a mi mismo!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder / King Don Come. Get All Your PHP Script Here And Get Amazing GIFTS. Enter / Someone Is Trying To Hack My Blog, What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.