Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,014 members, 7,806,968 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:00 AM

30,000 Websites Project - City Development - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 30,000 Websites Project - City Development (11763 Views)

Wordpress E-commerce Plug-in Puts Over 5,000 Websites At Risk / It Certification Course For As Little As 30,000 Naira / I Need A Ready Made Website,not More Than #30.000: And I Want: .com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by sweetpawn1: 11:40pm On Jul 24, 2011
^^^
I thought you could do something similar with your albeit incomplete frame work in 1 or 2 hrs! So why the shocked espanya expressions? Sure you can do the same by the time you finish saying "santa maria"!
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by dhtmlextreme(m): 1:56am On Jul 25, 2011
My framework can quitely construct sites quite alright. But caramba! How do you ehm get that amount of contents in 4 horas hours?
Unless you . . . . never mind. . . .i think i have an idea of the how.

In my earlier statement, i was talking about the site layout and stuffs. Not the billions of contents! Maybe just maybe i might start thinking
of building a content/users/babes generation framework.

Hey, i need 1000 babes registered en cinqo minutos - and hey presto - they are there! Complete with profile pictures and photo albums containing
billions of photos (uploaded like 10 years ago) - to complete the effect
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by iwantto(m): 4:34pm On Jul 25, 2011
I wish I could quickly get another site up today, but I have to battle with Ajax and JQuery scripting today as my next websites makes use of Ajax.

My next website is a polls based portal running on a 5million celebrity and famous people database. I want to run a global opinion polls for these celebs to determine real public perception about these people. The media sometimes hype celebs blinding their real impact on society.

I started something like this last year and lots of celebs visited the sites and even drag their fans to improve their polls.

Watchout for this website sometime tomorrow night.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by DualCore1: 4:48pm On Jul 25, 2011
Keep updating your first post on this thread with a list of the sites done. Not everyone will go through these pages every time to them up from your posts.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by iwantto(m): 6:40pm On Jul 25, 2011
Dual Core:

Keep updating your first post on this thread with a list of the sites done. Not everyone will go through these pages every time to them up from your posts.

You are absolutely right! I will do just that.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by dhtmlextreme(m): 8:03pm On Jul 25, 2011
I wonder if
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by clementcro(m): 10:04pm On Jul 25, 2011
@ poster, No wonder nigerian website are easily identified on the internet, they are built and designed WITHOUT following simple design principles and right application of design elements, how many website do you want to complete in a day, ?see, below are the stages a good website must pass through

1)conceptualization(Drawing on papers or sketch pads)
2)( GUI Designing)
3)Slicing(HTML CSS, Jquery (optional), Javascript(optional))
4)Dynamicity(optional) if the website will be static, you dont need programming like php, .net and the rest of them.

So tell me, how do you want to complete the first 3 steps in a single day?
The number one stage is even one of the most time consuming among the number 1-3.
Do you want to use ready-made html templates?

Pls Nigeria website designers, let us start building our GOOD reputation on the internet through the quality of website we produce.

enough of Crappy websites from Nigeria on the internet.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by iwantto(m): 10:16pm On Jul 25, 2011
clementcro:

@ poster, No wonder nigerian website are easily identified on the internet, they are built and designed WITHOUT following simple design principles and right application of design elements, how many website do you want to complete in a day, ?see, below are the stages a good website must pass through

1)conceptualization(Drawing on papers or sketch pads)
2)( GUI Designing)
3)Slicing(HTML CSS, Jquery (optional), Javascript(optional))
4)Dynamicity(optional) if the website will be static, you dont need programming like php, .net and the rest of them.

So tell me, how do you want to complete the first 3 steps in a single day?
The number one stage is even one of the most time consuming among the number 1-3.
Do you want to use ready-made html templates?

Pls Nigeria website designers, let us start building our GOOD reputation on the internet through the quality of website we produce.

enough of Crappy websites from Nigeria on the internet.

There is a great difference between experience and reading web design books. When you say crappy website I don't really get it, Are u saying these websites I did within one day are crappy?

www.omlyrics.com
www.ombooklibrary.com

The steps you listed above can be achieve within few hours depending on the speed of the developer and the strength of the developers code and snippet repository.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 25, 2011
Madre de dios! HEAR!! HEAR!!! Now someone is going about his business trying to build one thousand (de mils) websites en una dia,
and another amigo comes and says he is doing krappy biz? what gives?
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by mekadon: 10:31pm On Jul 25, 2011
Where r those guys who were calng d @op names cos he shared his dream wit ya all.thumbs @op ,monitorng ur progress all d way
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 25, 2011
mekadon:

Where r those guys who were calng d @op names cos he shared his dream wit ya all.thumbs @op ,monitorng your progress all d way

Errm you mean those lazy developers eh? Or the ones that can talk and no get action?
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by clementcro(m): 11:13pm On Jul 25, 2011
@Op, I have been in the web industry for over 5 years now, see we need to move out from what
we were taught back in web design schools then, website designing has gone beyound rushing a design in a day.

check
www.flawlesspromakeovers.com
www.npmcn.edu.ng
www.clementcrownrise.net/darrels
www.clementcrownrise.net/calabarfestival

those are some of my recent portfolio, they are not done in a day,

now compare the these sites above with yours , can u see the difference ?

interms of concept, design, colour, and functionality ?

anyway, keep it up, I am not discouraging you, dont get me wrong, we are here to learn from eachother

@dhtml it is not how far, but how well, this is where we nigerians get it wrong.
it is not how many site i can complete in a day, but how much quality i can give any website i do.
when i started website designing then also, i was always boasting of completiing a website in a day,
but now, my brother things have changed,
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by iwantto(m): 12:17am On Jul 26, 2011
^
I just checked some of your sites now, I think you are not doing badly at all. You are more inclined to graphics and colors which has dominated your designs and concepts. Current design trends pay more attentions to simplicity and lesser graphics. The core technology like the scripting and styling of elements is more important.

If you must reach out to the global millions of internet users, you must upgrade. Too much graphics is old fashion. Check out facebook, google, yahoo, mashable, msn etc, you will understand the trend.

We are both on two separate side of the coin; you are a web designer while I am an application programmer. If you ask me my sincere opinion about your sites, I will say this: - design fantastic but reach poor.

There is no SEO and your pages will be lost completely on the web. All web traffic stats of the sites u listed are down, meaning it is not very relevant to people. Nobody seem to use them!

flawlesspromakeovers.com - Nil
npmcn.edu.ng - 1,498,623 (poor) Rank
clementcrownrise.net - Nil

My target is to make money developing high traffic (organic) website whose primary traffic source is search engines and referral links. I am not interested in beauty and aesthetics like you are.

What is my business with flash, colors or heavy graphics? What I need is millions of visitors to buy products, click ads and view pages which usually translates to money not fine heavy clumsy and poor loading websites whose graphics peels out slowly and also sending my visitors packing.

I am pursuing something completely outside your imagination, and I am well equipped to face it. My target is not about 1,000 websites but 10k USD daily. Whichever comes first I am fulfilled.

Note:
I only started this thread to ease out my almost 16hours daily working on this project and to also get challenged to fight on.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by iwantto(m): 2:38am On Jul 26, 2011
Just dropped another,
www.omopinionpolls.com

Database and polls will be loaded shortly.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by iwantto(m): 3:02am On Jul 26, 2011
Just dropped another,
www.omopinionpolls.com

Database and polls will be loaded shortly.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by clementcro(m): 8:28am On Jul 26, 2011
@Op, I don hear you, goodbye
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 26, 2011
@clemento - those designs are excelente. . .
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by iwantto(m): 8:16pm On Jul 26, 2011
Just created a page where we can all monitor the websites more easily. I also added a way for people to track how each site is faring based on views or hits.

Visit Tracking Page
www.om-hosting.com
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by surveycash(m): 8:25am On Jul 28, 2011
Gurus in the house, how much will it cost to design a fashion site like this http://www.mandmdirect. com/?

Send a reply to incomelegends@gmail.com

Thank you
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by iwantto(m): 10:57am On Jul 28, 2011
binkabir, raise some very strong issues I never thought much about, backup!

binkabir:

you simply ignore their threats. cos that is the reality of this world, if you say the truth people most be against you.
dont forget to have an SVN backup of your whole production site and a security lock of your domain in case of trojan and worm attacks or possible siezure of your domain name if no security.
good job, keep it up.

Being googling around for SVN Backup and how to implement this. Those with ideas about how this work should throw more light.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by iwantto(m): 11:41am On Jul 28, 2011
Just changed the title to reflect the new state of the SDCP. I am now developing over 30,000 websites before year end rather than just 1,000.

People were all shouting when I said 1,000. Right about now, I am building a website per city around the world. Already have about 35,000 thousand cities well profiled.

I will use sub domains for the cities to reduce domain cost. Should be through with hard coding all the cities sub domains and content into one domain before the weekend.

Do watch out for it.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by Nobody: 12:35pm On Jul 28, 2011
300 billion is not a bad idea. Keep it up brother!
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by remoranger(m): 8:05pm On Jul 28, 2011
i dunno. call me bad belle or old fashioned, but something about your sites dont give. i am not gonna even go on about the designs. But the content you seem to be trumpeting, i dunno. if designed for humans, it really is not all that relevant. but if designed for the accidental adsense clicks from search engine referrals then well, that might work. its all about the money anyways. innit? and yeah while at it,

why not make it 7billion? a website for every person on earth, and extra for the babies not yet born, Good luck
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by iwantto(m): 8:54pm On Jul 28, 2011
remoranger:

i dunno. call me bad belle or old fashioned, but something about your sites dont give. i am not gonna even go on about the designs. But the content you seem to be trumpeting, i dunno. if designed for humans, it really is not all that relevant. but if designed for the accidental adsense clicks from search engine referrals then well, that might work. its all about the money anyways. innit? and yeah while at it,

why not make it 7billion? a website for every person on earth, and extra for the babies not yet born, Good luck

I was wondering why yours designed for humans is ranked [size=18pt] 543,634[/size] (I mean your site websitenigeria.com). Mine built for aliens is ranked [size=18pt]19,468[/size] (I mean my alien site omavo.com). Why should an alien site be doing better traffic than yours?

The world is scrap and only crazy people make it to the top. Normal people like you can't even phantom what drives billionaires.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 29, 2011
@remoranger, i will gist you when you come online - about - something about the sites dont give (you are corecta about that),
i have done some researches, but i am not posting them on this thread - dont want to start a war here (me no get time)
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by iwantto(m): 8:09am On Jul 29, 2011
Lets just hold on a little and see how it goes. Result is what will determine if this will work or not.

We all learn daily!
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 29, 2011
Yeah, i am learning some new gimmicks too sha really. Ever since you started your site, i have been doing some very interesting investigations, and the results are what i will say muy muy fantastico.

Keep it up bro, i am very very happy that this thread came up. If not, i will still have remained ignorant of some knowlege.
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by iwantto(m): 8:43am On Jul 29, 2011
Already I have been able to gather about 190k hits so far! Earnings already around 4euros daily. Will climb tremendously by next week when more of the pages most have spread worldwide.

As stupid as my Aircraft site, I get lot of mails daily:
See an example of a mail I got:

Dear sirs,

I have problem with pitot tube on my powered glider SF-25B. I want replace pitot tube from vertical fin with new one but I don't know how. I have not IPC, and I cannot see inside connections and constructions.

Best regards.
Drago Perkovic

All websites I am making are not for most Nigerians. They are completely offbeat but will surely deliver the dole. Revenue is all it is all about.

This nonsense will make sense shortly. I would have explained the deep principles here but that would be blowing away trade secret and creating unnecessary competition.

All I need is a billion Page Impressions and that can create the revenue I need to kick start the project in my town. Already have about 190,000 views and it a good start. You can monitor site traffic stats here:

http://om-hosting.com/
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 29, 2011
Santa maria! el quiere keep trade claves eh? Maybe you just dont know it, the moment you started this thread - you have been under lotsa investigations, and some of your so-called trade secrets are grin grin grin i talk too much.

Yo bro, keep it up - you are the boss man, no mind all we bad belly people them. . . . .muhahahahahaha
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 29, 2011
But it is ok, dont try to close the thread - this thread already has lotsa alexa rankings too - real and not paid for ranking you know. . .
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by remoranger(m): 9:17am On Jul 29, 2011
So i was right, i always am, its all about the money. then why the hate mail? we are just saying the same thing, a real phantom billionaire would ask me why i think his content is off, but nope not a nigerian billionaire with is ogor in the clouds, i was actually rooting for you about the whole community dev thing, but looking at your responses, nah i am not buying that line, well to be honest, nice cash cow you have got there, even if its suspect, i really do hope you do something for your community, while not set up an NGO site (wont take u 3 mins i guess) where we can actually track down the good works you will be doing for your community? pictures figures and stuffs, well not that you have to, but then,
Re: 30,000 Websites Project - City Development by remoranger(m): 9:24am On Jul 29, 2011
http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/omavo.com#trafficstats

buy the way how did you get that three months spike?. kudos, thats some nice juju performance, well, if we are gonna actually have a mature convo about this, i do actually like to learn, if and only if, the traffic is off genuine humans (keep the water human. no aliens allowed) surfing and my bounce rate wont hit 99.3%

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder / King Don Come. Get All Your PHP Script Here And Get Amazing GIFTS. Enter / Someone Is Trying To Hack My Blog, What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.