Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,993 members, 7,799,417 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

Say Something Good About Another Tribe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Say Something Good About Another Tribe (19674 Views)

Yoruba Elders Have Seen Something Good In Jonathan — Babatope / Say Something Positive About Nigeria / Let's Say Something Good About Nigeria Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by odumchi: 9:14pm On Jul 12, 2011
I like the Efik for being very peaceful and they also openly endorse their culture. You will never see an Efik man wearing Yoruba textiles or Hausa caps.

@
ZnO God Bless you. We have no tribes but we have ethnicities.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Jenifa1: 1:40am On Jul 16, 2011
yorubas - strong sense of culture and social aptitude
igbo - business minded and reputation for braveness
hausas- regal and disciplined. simple
edo-  blend in well with their environment. you hardly notice them as a stand out group and thus you underestimate them

other posters on this thread have mentioned some of these things. I guess they are general stereotypes. albeit positive ones grin
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by MrsChima(f): 8:22am On Jul 24, 2011
If a group of people has strong sense of culture they wouldn't be marrying other groups that doesn't share their culture. Just saying.

1 Like

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:48am On Jul 24, 2011
^^^^

HEAR!!!! HEAR!!!!!!   more like they shouldnt be marrying other groups. imagine if everyone intermarry other groups and there is no culture or a sense of a separate unique identity.  angry angry tongue tongue

*absolutely horrendous.  angry
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by ijawgirl: 3:42am On Jul 28, 2011
I love efik/ibibioz

They are very peaceful, Kind and friendly
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Chintua: 9:53am On Jul 31, 2011
I love Niger-Delta women.
NO bull-taking from Nigerian men.
Them go beat shegay comot for ya body if you mess with them.
Dem nor dey catch mugu for love. cheesy
Gotta love em. kiss
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by EzeUche(m): 3:25am On Aug 01, 2011
Yoruba - A people that enjoy life and love parties. When you go to a Yoruba party, you will ALWAYS have fun.  smiley

Hausa - When you have a Hausa friend, you will have a friend for life. They are very trustworthy.

Ibibio/Efik/Annang - A beautiful group of people

Idoma - Every Idoma person that I have met, have always been friendly.

Ijaw - A proud people who do not care about the odds and will continue to fight in what they believe in.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by EzeUche(m): 3:28am On Aug 01, 2011
Another good aspect about the Yoruba people is that they LOVE their culture. You will rarely see them with a non-African name.

Yoruba culture is very beautiful.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Jenifa1: 3:33am On Aug 01, 2011
aww.

Igbo - very ambitious. have very high dreams and goals. esp for wealth and power.

5 Likes

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Nobody: 5:44am On Aug 01, 2011
calabar esp the girls are the best they know how to cook, clean and take good care of their man.
Ibo have this strong kindren spirit. tbey see it as a duty to help each other.

2 Likes

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by LogicPower(m): 4:19am On Aug 03, 2011
I like the accommodating nature of the Yorubas and envy their knowledge and sophistication.

I admire the self-belief of the Igbos and their entrepreneurial and trading acumen.

I respect the Nupes for their respect for other tribes and for their humility and simplicity

The few Tivs I happen to know strike me as hard-wording and trustworthy.

The Kanuris, no one can beat them when it comes to hospitality - they would spoil you with their
various delicious traditional dishes when they play host to you.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by AndreUweh(m): 9:47pm On Aug 03, 2011
gist4real:

calabar esp the girls are the best they know how to cook, clean and take good care of their man.
Ibo have this strong kindren spirit. tbey see it as a duty to help each other.

It seems your keyboard can not type IGBO.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 06, 2011
Andre Uweh:

It seems your keyboard can not type IGBO.
So sorry about that i meant Igbo.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Rgp92: 5:23pm On Aug 08, 2011
[size=30pt]WE ARE NOT TRIBE FOR FVCK SAKE!!! GET IT INTO YOUR STVPID HEAD!!!! WE ARE AN ETHNIC GROUP!! [/size]
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by JUO(m): 5:26pm On Aug 08, 2011
Hausas are very open
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Markenny(m): 5:28pm On Aug 08, 2011
open and strong in killing cows, i rember suya
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Hash86(m): 5:34pm On Aug 08, 2011
I,m hausaboy,bt i like igbo,they are hardwkn ppl n they can live or they anywhere in naija.

2 Likes

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by kizito96(m): 5:34pm On Aug 08, 2011
The money was used to do Owambe Party
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by hallmark77: 5:41pm On Aug 08, 2011
Nigeria I hail!
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Gbenge77(m): 5:42pm On Aug 08, 2011
Interesting topic.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by wolebaba(m): 5:48pm On Aug 08, 2011
Igbo bois get business sense, wish I fit get their kinda business liver, added 2 my analytic supermind, I 4 don become richer dan Dangote,

1 Like

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by smile11s(m): 5:48pm On Aug 08, 2011
Hausa --- honesty forsure
Yoruba -- never a dull moment
Igbo --- Big dreams, big business, extended family oriented
Edo --- no idea mehn
Ijaw --- togetherness
One Nigeria --- Happi people, suffering and Smiling!

1 Like

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 08, 2011
1. The Yoruba tribe has very voluptuously sexy women. The softness and suppleness of the typical well-endowed Yoruba babe's body is second to none. They're fearfully and wonderfully made. I love 'em!

2. The Yoruba's love of partying and jollification (i.e. Owambe-ing) is second to none. For them life is one big party - and the party must go on at all cost. A man's mother would pass away and he would first contact the printer (for funeral party IVs) before taking her body to the mortuary. Partying/merriment is always a priority - and parties must always take place despite (or in fact because of) life's tragedies and tribulations. Very jolly people.

Those are the only positive things I can think of for now.

2 Likes

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Abuna: 6:11pm On Aug 08, 2011
Great topic. Anyhow, I like the Ibos because they are very enterprising. An Ibo man can sell you and put change in his pocket. cool
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 08, 2011
proO1:

1. The Yoruba tribe has very voluptuously sexy women. The softness and suppleness of the typical well-endowed Yoruba babe's body is second to none. They're fearfully and wonderfully made. I love 'em!

2. The Yoruba's love of partying and jollification (i.e. Owambe-ing) is second to none. For them life is one big party - and the party must go on at all and any cost. A man's mother would pass away and he would first contact the printer (for funeral party IVs) before taking her body to the mortuary. Partying/merriment is always a priority - and parties must always take place despite (or in fact because of) life's tragedies and tribulations. Very jolly people.

Those are the only positive things I can think of for now.spite (or in fact because of) life's tragedies and tribulations. Very jolly people.

Those are the only positive things I can think of for now.

r U̶̲̥̅̊ not yoruba?. Tell something good about another tribe. Man
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by yuzedo: 6:20pm On Aug 08, 2011
I like Calabar people cos their girls can f**k. . grin cheesy wink tongue cool
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by madoba: 6:21pm On Aug 08, 2011
See nigerians,tribalism don enter deir blood,32 views and just 3 replies.if na say 'abuse anoda tribe nw', we go don reach 5 pages.smh.

Mithel, you got me laughing on this one. A lot of threads I viewed today just got my ribs cracking.

I can only write about ethnic groups I have frequent contact with and have lived among

Hausas = Honest and simple

Igbos = Hardworking & Focused

Tivs = Warm & Hospitable (Industrious women)

Calabar = Equally warm & hospitable like the tivs and have industrious women too.

Yorubas = No offence meant to anyone but am honestly trying to find one good thing. My personal encounters with this group of people hasn't been good at all.
Attitude, Attitude and more bad Attitude is what I get with this set of people. From the market woman who is quick to insult me Oloshi becuase I won't buy her goods or priced something below what she wants, to my colleagues at work who are full of eye & lip service and are good at back-stabbing

2 Likes

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by lagcity(m): 6:23pm On Aug 08, 2011
Hausa - Very loyal and can lay down their lives to protect true friends

Igbo - Very forgiving

Idoma - friendly and down-to-earth

1 Like

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by 27naira(m): 6:32pm On Aug 08, 2011
Yoruba girl NYASH! I LOVE IT grin grin

Hausa, em em em I will always like our gateman
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by ak47mann(m): 6:34pm On Aug 08, 2011
27naira:

[b]Yoruba girl NYASH! I LOVE IT grin grin

me too love them big A.S, S they make me lose control when a Yoruba chick with big yash dey for my bed cheesy

i like myself cool
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Enosa1(m): 7:08pm On Aug 08, 2011
You mean nigerians can say something good about other tribe i am suprise. As for me i like the yorubas for their warm accomodation. The igbo for their enterprising and hardworking nature. Fellow benin for their gentleness and easy approache toward life.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Walala(m): 7:08pm On Aug 08, 2011
Igbo people are very business oriented and always find a way to earn a living.  Also very well traveled and will go anywhere in search of a better living.  They also stick together in terms of trouble and will not sell each other out easily.

I have many Igbo boys as friends and they at least try to learn some part of the Yoruba language but the only words i know are Biko, Odinma and Ebano.

I also like Igbo girls and Edo girls as they are very *ahem* good in bed.  grin grin grin

I never have much to say to Hausa or Fulani people.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mubi, Adamawa Bombings: Osinbajo Releases Statement / I'm The Most Qualified, Peter Obi Says As He Meets Obidients In Zoom (Video) / El Rufai In Court To Sue The Union Over Report Of Declaration Of Assets..photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.