Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Say Something Good About Another Tribe - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Say Something Good About Another Tribe (19690 Views)

Yoruba Elders Have Seen Something Good In Jonathan — Babatope / Say Something Positive About Nigeria / Let's Say Something Good About Nigeria Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by cantell(m): 8:16am On Aug 09, 2011
MeGaStReEt:

I like my Ibo people, I loff their language, culture and their hustling spirit
You're not an igbo or you be my mama say i be. How can an igbo man spell his tribe name in the wrong way?
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by rhymz(m): 8:35am On Aug 09, 2011
Yorubas: inspite of the fact that most of the times here on NL, they are always at loggerhead with us Igbos, after my tribe, they are the next tribe I respect the most in Nigeria. They are extremely fun loving- I would rather go to a yoruba party or wedding than my fellow Igbo party. You get served food the minute your butt is on a seat at the venues. Their meat and fish are usually oversized, they make sure you have food in your stomach before they go next to the items on the agenda.
They are very nice people if you understand their way, you will do better with them if you can speak yoruba fluently. Another thing, their gurls sabi carry belle easily, as in dem fertile die. .lol. .and dem no dey hear abortion o, u go must born am. They also have a very strong affinity for their cultural values. Where two or more of them are gathered be sure to hear yoruba language spoken however educated and polished they are, you will never see a yoruba man speak english to a fellow yoruba person in the company of coleagues. Also, I notice a lot of my Yoruba friends have extremely accommodating parents. You can visit your yoruba babe in her house even when their parents are around. If you become a regular face, they start calling you Okor or Iyawo. . Lol, come try dat one with my sis for my house make pupsy show you how not to 4ck up cos of woman. Also yoruba ppl have the most experts when it comes to native medcine, no other tribe does it better than them. Even in PH, owerri and onitsha, a lot of them dominate the alternative medcine market.
Seriously, if I were not Igbo, I won't mind being Yoruba than any other tribe.
Yorubas: inspite of the fact that most of the times here on NL, they are always at loggerhead with us Igbos, after my tribe, they are the next tribe I respect the most in Nigeria. They are extremely fun loving- I would rather go to a yoruba party or wedding than my fellow Igbo party. You get served food the minute your butt is on a seat at the venues. Their meat and fish are usually oversized, they make sure you have food in your stomach before they go next to the items on the agenda.
They are very nice people if you understand their way, you will do better with them if you can speak yoruba fluently. Another thing, their gurls sabi carry belle easily, as in dem fertile die. .lol. .and dem no dey hear abortion o, u go must born am. They also have a very strong affinity for their cultural values. Where two or more of them are gathered be sure to hear yoruba language spoken however educated and polished they are, you will never see a yoruba man speak english to a fellow yoruba person in the company of coleagues. Also, I notice a lot of my Yoruba friends have extremely accommodating parents. You can visit your yoruba babe in her house even when their parents are around. If you become a regular face, they start calling you Okor or Iyawo. . Lol, come try dat one with my sis for my house make pupsy show you how not to 4ck up cos of woman. Also yoruba ppl have the most experts when it comes to native medcine, no other tribe does it better than them. Even in PH, owerri and onitsha, a lot of them dominate the alternative medcine market.
Seriously, if I were not Igbo, I won't mind being Yoruba than any other tribe.

10 Likes

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Bestglo(f): 9:04am On Aug 09, 2011
I like the educated hausas; they are very honest
I like the edos. they love strangers,they are bold and have got the swagger
I like the idomas. they love strangers
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Martmore: 9:15am On Aug 09, 2011
I like the fulanis b/c they re blood thirsty.And i like the hausas b/c they like oil money.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 09, 2011
I like my tribe igbo but dem get as dem dey do their things whey I no like. They don't really accommodate strangers. I now live in the east but most of my own pple feel that I am yoruba or Edo and don't really associate with me, but the moment they find out that I'm Igbo, come see love whey dem go dey throway for me grin grin.

Hausa pple are very honest and content. You will see their rich associating freely with the poor without any prejudice. But no play around with their religion or women.

Yoruba pple, I love to hang around them cos they are lively and like enjoyment.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by superior1: 9:52am On Aug 09, 2011
I love the Igbos, they are very enterprising. I love the educated hausas, they are very accommodating and humble
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by chimaike: 10:39am On Aug 09, 2011
I love the akwaibomites & Ogonis, in as much as they came from oil rich areas that should have prompt them to be proud and lazy like some tribe from oil regions, they are very humble and hard working people. Hausa for their contentment and uprightness. Yorubas their zeal for education ( I have a yoruba friend that quitted his job that is relatively good for his full time master's program).
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by akfrancis1: 10:51am On Aug 09, 2011
i like the Igbo people. they are the most hardworking, enterprising, resilient, and creative Nigerian. Also, they are true and authentic Nigeria. there are no states in Nigeria that you cannot find Igbo people contributing to the economic development of the regions, from kano, kaduna, lagos, abuja, nassarawa, ibadan, benin, kogi, ondo to other states. out of all the tribes that walk through the street of my life, the igbo are my most preferred.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Myself2(m): 10:59am On Aug 09, 2011
superior1:

I love the Igbos, they are very enterprising. I love the educated hausas, they are very accommodating and humble

I can name one educated and humble Hausa man;Sanusi Lamido Sanusi
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by onyengbu: 11:03am On Aug 09, 2011
When I served in the north, a cab will wait for you on the road for u to go to your house and collect something and then come back to continue your journey with other passengers.

Try that for onitsha or awka here, other passengers go break down your vehicle  grin  grin

All im saying is that there is no tribe as patient as the hausas.

Yorubas . . . . eermm, one nanogenarian 'illiterate' neighbour of ours then can read the bible -- in yoruba shaa.

Down here if you are illiterate, you are illiterate, no reading anything  grin

1 Like

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by emmke(m): 11:49am On Aug 09, 2011
yorubas-the like to enjoy life. Igbos-very industrious. Hausas-simplicity, honesty, loyal, very patient.

1 Like

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Waduku(m): 12:14pm On Aug 09, 2011
Luv d Bachamas for thier braveness and doggedness.Also luv d yorubas for thier intelengence[good brains indeed]
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by fesse(f): 12:41pm On Aug 09, 2011
Hausa ------------------- simplicity, helping
Yoruba ------------------ sound education
Fulani ------------------- beautiful,handsome
Calabar ---------------- OMG wonderful people, can cook, loving
Ikwere ---------------- the men are so nice, loving, intelligent(how i wish i can marry an ikwere man, i so much love them)
Igala ------------------ bold, good looking girls too
Tivs ------------------ accommodating, kind
Idoma------------ Nice too (i served there, they are lazy unlike d tivs)
Gwari ---------------- accommodating, nice girls
Igbo, no comment because am 1
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Felibaby(f): 12:43pm On Aug 09, 2011
I like the Igbos for their sense of family unity. They always have an extended family member living with them. All my Igbo friends has niece, nephew,uncle, cousin, aunty or the other living with them. They value family ties.
Also, the igbos are always ready to help themselves. If in an establishment , the Oga patapata is Igbo, 80% of the staff will be Igbo. You will see him recruiting people from his community and anybody else that is igbo as long as their is vacancy to be filled.

I like the Yorubas for their culture and their ways of adressing issue. An average Yoruba person is diplomatic. They are very tactical and will be cool and collected even though their is chaos. He is busy thinking of the best way to tackle the problem in a way that will benefit everybody.
I also love dem Yoruba dudes. Most are lanky and handsome. embarassed

The hausas are simple and unpretentious.

2 Likes

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by ralphade: 12:51pm On Aug 09, 2011
Love the simplicity and sincerity of the Hausas. They are not materialistic at all. Also love the Gwari people, for they are very hardworking people. The Akwa ibom people are very neat and hospitable people
grin

1 Like

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Chubhie: 1:00pm On Aug 09, 2011
Give me a yoruba lady-The way their beauties are configured! Damm! Such damsels!them are the take home to mamas!
Delta guys nor dey carry last.
Calabar chicks are both good cooks n bedwise. Dem go f your brains out.
Hausa you just gat to love em them for their simplicity.
This is based from my subjective charcter of experience. Am Igbo to the core.

1 Like

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 09, 2011
i fear d nigerdeltas and respect their strength
the hausas are upright,if he/she say "walahi" e don finis
igbo kwenu,the enterprise of naija
i will like to meet ibira grls
All other tribes/ethnic group in nigeria are beautiful and accomodating
But d way we dey vex  na in de difference.

i am oodua tokantokan!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Hadone(m): 1:55pm On Aug 09, 2011
fesse:

Hausa ------------------- simplicity, helping
Yoruba ------------------ sound education
Fulani ------------------- beautiful,handsome
Calabar ---------------- OMG wonderful people, can cook, loving
Ikwere ---------------- the men are so nice, loving, intelligent(how i wish i can marry an ikwere man, i so much love them)
Igala ------------------ bold, good looking girls too
Tivs ------------------ accommodating, kind
Idoma------------ Nice too (i served there, they are lazy unlike d tivs)
Gwari ---------------- accommodating, nice girls
Igbo, no comment because am 1

[size=18pt]Behold!! you belongs to kind, beautiful and friendly people. although i'm Hausa/Fulani, but I always cherish and appreciate Igbo people. They're just so nice & friendly.

Yoruba are like my blood brothers, becouse a Yoruba friend host me in their family house for two years during our school days. We became part of each other to date as we still visit and exchange pleasantries. So, i like them and regard them as brothers.[/size]
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by eggo: 2:09pm On Aug 09, 2011
i love the calabar people, the are clean, and av good hospitality d can cook varieties, and also hard working,
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by aminu150(m): 5:06pm On Aug 09, 2011
I like Igbo people cos they are business minded.
I dislike the attitude of yorubas cos they are always bias and hyprocritical when they deal with other tribes Vs their own

1 Like

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by deluxecad(m): 5:45pm On Aug 09, 2011
I love the Hausa language and the way it sounds. The stress patterns can turn you on! Kai!
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Diligence: 5:56pm On Aug 09, 2011
"Francis Adekunle Fajuyi:"

", The coup (seen then as a revolution) was successful in the North but failed in the South. Ironically, Aguiyi-Ironsi who did not participate in the violent bloodletting inherited the pieces of a shattered Republic by virtue of his seniority in the armed forces. Yet, he was a victim of the counter-coup that claimed his life alongside his courageous host, Fajuyi. Fajuyi did all he could to persuade Danjuma not to kill Ironsi but when he saw that Danjuma insisted, he told him that he could not allow him unless he (Fajuyi) was killed first. This Danjuma did before going after Ironsi himself, "

This one and heroic yoruba man to the core (sometimes) ENDEARS the tribe to me!
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by hardbody: 6:39pm On Aug 09, 2011
^^^^^
Same reason for me. I so much love that guy, based on the history i read about him. I wish today's Yoruba are like him. I have a few nice guys amongst them though. As for other Nigerians, i treat and deal with each as they come, i love or hate no singular tribe. I however align myself to general thoughts about the simplicity of the hausa man, the pride of the Edo man, the tenacity of the Ibo man and teh sexual tendencies of the Efik man/woman.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 09, 2011
The IGBOs. I love their business acumen. The average Igbo man, whether lettered or not can take part in business transaction even in sensitive deals and do well in it. If Nigerian government invest in the Igbo market, they'll be smiling with teeth wide open.
The YORUBAs are well attached to their culture which makes Nigeria proud in general. Yoruba culture promotes fun, entertainment and ellegance. The typical Yoruba man is a designer in it all ramifications(example is the many renowned fashion designers and architects all over the nation. Most hailing from Yoruba). If Nigerian government invest in Yoruba taste and styles, I think Nigeria as a whole will be a tourist village.
HAUSAs are still the simplest and the honest set of people in Nigeria. I think, if not for the Islamic religion that rendered most of them primitive, that part of Nigeria would have been the Nigerian Finnish(Finland people). Did you hear of the Hausa young man that designed a car in an American motor coy? It was a solo effort. There are many electronic gadgets produced or modified by them. Compare it with when there is steady supply of electricity and enlightment courses and seminars. The IGBOs. I love their business acumen. The average Igbo man, whether lettered or not can take part in business transaction even in sensitive deals and do well in it. If Nigerian government invest in the Igbo market, they'll be smiling with teeth wide open.
The YORUBAs are well attached to their culture which makes Nigeria proud in general. Yoruba culture promotes fun, entertainment and ellegance. The typical Yoruba man is a designer in it all ramifications(example is the many renowned fashion designers and architects all over the nation. Most hailing from Yoruba). If Nigerian government invest in Yoruba taste and styles, I think Nigeria as a whole will be a tourist village.
HAUSAs are still the simplest and the honest set of people in Nigeria. I think, if not for the Islamic religion that rendered most of them primitive, that part of Nigeria would have been the Nigerian Finnish(Finland people). Did you hear of the Hausa young man that designed a car in an American motor coy? It was a solo effort. There are many electronic gadgets produced or modified by them. Compare it with when there is steady supply of electricity and enlightment courses and seminars.

1 Like

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by MadDog1(m): 7:55pm On Aug 09, 2011
i love any ethnic group that can swim well well
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by farochron(m): 10:20pm On Aug 09, 2011
Most interesting topic ever. Nice one OP.
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by rhymz(m): 11:47pm On Aug 09, 2011
I was going to ask this question by the way; which tribe/ethnic group has the most of local dishes? Me think it is us, Igbos, you need to be in the east to appreciate our very many local delectable dishes that will make you want to shove down pizza and hamburger into dustbin. I may be wrong though but I am yet to see any tribe with so many dishes to boast of like the igbos. I remember back in them days when my mum was alive, jeeez. . That woman made some soups that till these days I am yet to see in any local restaurant here in lagos. calabar people too have some very nice dishes too but I doubt it is in variety like that of the Igbos though.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by oludashmi(f): 9:39am On Aug 10, 2011
rhymz:

[s]I was going to ask this question by the way; which tribe/ethnic group has the most of local dishes? Me think it is us, Igbos, you need to be in the east to appreciate our very many local delectable dishes that will make you want to shove down pizza and hamburger into dustbin. I may be wrong though but I am yet to see any tribe with so many dishes to boast of like the igbos. I remember back in them days when my mum was alive, jeeez. . That woman made some soups that till these days I am yet to see in any local restaurant here in lagos. calabar people too have some very nice dishes too but I doubt it is in variety like that of the Igbos though.[/s]

Trash!
Read the topic again when you have eaten.

2 Likes

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by bknight: 9:58am On Aug 10, 2011
^^ grin grin grin abeg no burst ma belle oooo
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by oludashmi(f): 10:04am On Aug 10, 2011
I like the Ibos for their industrious life
I like the Hausas for their simplicity and honesty
The Fulanis for their beauty
I appreciate the Calabars for their hardwork and neatness
The Idomas and Tivs (Benue) for their co-operation
Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by otapiapia: 12:24pm On Aug 10, 2011
^^^
Old ijebu winch, so you still dey alive? Stop your Igbo-hating. Not good for your health.

oludashmi:

Trash!
Read the topic again when you have eaten.

Re: Say Something Good About Another Tribe by oludashmi(f): 1:56pm On Aug 10, 2011
otapiapia:

^^^
Old ijebu winch, so you still dey alive? Stop your Igbo-hating. Not good for your health.

What did I say against the igbos now? angry angry
You must be sick.
Dont derail the thread. . .let it flow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Alpha Beta: "Take Back Lagos From Ambode And Tinubu" - Sowore Omoyele / Benue Killings Design To Divide Nigeria - President Buhari Says / Senate Won’t Experience Peace If Saraki Refuses To Resign – APC Senator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.