Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

What's Your Opinion On Fixing Eye-lashes? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / What's Your Opinion On Fixing Eye-lashes? (4019 Views)

3 Ways To Grow Longer Natural Eye Lashes / Info; On Ibadan's Best Salons For Weave-on Fixing & Good Braids / Best Salons For Weave-on Fixing In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Opinion On Fixing Eye-lashes? by suze(f): 11:29am On Aug 03, 2007
I have a friend that has fixed eyelashes and it really looks good on her.Makes her look sexy and elegant.

Ladies in da house. What do you all think of fixing eyelashes.
Which is the best to fix that wont rip my own eye-lashes off by the time i'm removing them.
I saw one in a cosmetic store that is self adhesive (i.e) doesn't require glue. Does anyone know how good this is.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion On Fixing Eye-lashes? by iice(f): 1:08pm On Aug 03, 2007
Never worn them, not really opposed to wearing them but i don't really need them grin
Re: What's Your Opinion On Fixing Eye-lashes? by tunmininu(f): 1:30pm On Aug 03, 2007
I don't like it.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Fixing Eye-lashes? by dominobaby(f): 12:29am On Aug 05, 2007
I really don't buy the idea of fixing eyelashes, more annoying is the fact that its mostly done with glue! I mean to what extent can one go in search of 'enhancing beauty' that you endanger your eyes?! That's risky if you ask me.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion On Fixing Eye-lashes? by omoge25(f): 1:49am On Aug 06, 2007
i like wearing false lashes they give my eyes a pop, that just wearing mascara doesnt do and im one of those with really curly short lashes. I've seen does self adhesive ones, i dont like themi prefer the one that you add the glue too. I've not had any problems with them ripping my own lashes out, just be careful when you are taking them off, do it slowly is the best advice i can offer.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Fixing Eye-lashes? by suze(f): 10:29am On Aug 06, 2007
omoge25:

i like wearing false lashes they give my eyes a pop, that just wearing mascara doesnt do and im one of those with really curly short lashes. I've seen does self adhesive ones, i don't like themi prefer the one that you add the glue too. I've not had any problems with them ripping my own lashes out, just be careful when you are taking them off, do it slowly is the best advice i can offer.

Whats wrong with the self adhesive ones?
Which one is better, there are some that come as a strip and there are some that come in separate pieces.

Is there a special remover to remove the false lashes, or its done manually?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Fixing Eye-lashes? by omoge25(f): 4:27pm On Aug 06, 2007
suze:

Whats wrong with the self adhesive ones?
Which one is better, there are some that come as a strip and there are some that come in separate pieces.

Is there a special remover to remove the false lashes, or its done manually?

There is probably nothing wrong with the self adhesive one, i have tried it once and i just didnt like it, probably because im just used to using the one you add glue too, try both and see which you prefer. I like the one i can add glue to because i can control the amount i put on it, plus i use the glue that is black colored so it looks like i am wearing eye liner.
I wear the strip ones mostly the one that comes in seperate pieces i use them to add lenght to the end part of my eye (if that makes sense) and you can wear them when you dont want people to know you are wearing falsies , plus i find the strip one easy to put on. I use soemthing called an eyelash applicator it came with a pair of lashes i bought, it makes it so simple to put on.
They sell something that removes the lashes an adhesive, i've never had to use, i just rome it myself.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Fixing Eye-lashes? by Free(f): 7:19pm On Aug 06, 2007
natin wrong wit it, as long as it dnt look too fake
Re: What's Your Opinion On Fixing Eye-lashes? by PTH(m): 7:31pm On Aug 06, 2007
Free:

natin wrong wit it, as long as it dnt look too fake

but its fake isnt it? tongue
Re: What's Your Opinion On Fixing Eye-lashes? by Free(f): 7:38pm On Aug 06, 2007
yea but c'mon still , U can over do it grin
Re: What's Your Opinion On Fixing Eye-lashes? by omoge25(f): 6:07am On Aug 07, 2007
this is over doing it,  shocked

Re: What's Your Opinion On Fixing Eye-lashes? by suze(f): 11:18am On Aug 07, 2007
@ omoge25, that lady definitely looks fake with the lashes. She shouldn't have fixed the lower one.

Do the ones that are in pieces come in self adhesive form?

Are these lashes waterproof?
Won't it come off after taking your bath?
How long can the lashes last when you wear them?
When using glue do you apply it to your lid or lashes?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Fixing Eye-lashes? by PTH(m): 10:51pm On Aug 07, 2007
we all know Tyra Banks is a fake white-wannabe.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Fixing Eye-lashes? by Free(f): 11:15pm On Aug 07, 2007
U know too much tongue tongue
Re: What's Your Opinion On Fixing Eye-lashes? by PTH(m): 12:00am On Aug 08, 2007
i cant help it grin blame my mom
Re: What's Your Opinion On Fixing Eye-lashes? by Free(f): 12:08am On Aug 08, 2007
ha!
Re: What's Your Opinion On Fixing Eye-lashes? by omoge25(f): 5:08am On Aug 14, 2007
@suze, i dont know the answers to all your questions i will answer does i can

:i've seen some individual ones with self adhesive, look into sally hansen products, they have a wide selection.
: when you say waterproof, what do you mean? do you mean the glue, will the glue come off if you wet your face? it depends really, they dont last longer when they get wet
:i get atleast 3/4 days on my before the glue wears off, if i dont tamper with it much, put on mascara on them maybe 5days
: Apply the glue to the falsies not your eyes abeg.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Fixing Eye-lashes? by suze(f): 9:28am On Aug 14, 2007
omoge25:

@suze, i don't know the answers to all your questions i will answer does i can

:i've seen some individual ones with self adhesive, look into sally hansen products, they have a wide selection.
: when you say waterproof, what do you mean? do you mean the glue, will the glue come off if you wet your face? it depends really, they don't last longer when they get wet
:i get atleast 3/4 days on my before the glue wears off, if i don't tamper with it much, put on mascara on them maybe 5days
: Apply the glue to the falsies not your eyes abeg.

Thanks for your replies kiss smiley
So, its like it lasts longer when you apply mascara right?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Fixing Eye-lashes? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 14, 2007
HI,
DONT LIKE THEM I BIT CO
Re: What's Your Opinion On Fixing Eye-lashes? by omoge25(f): 3:16am On Aug 15, 2007
no i meant if i dont put mascara on them they last longer.
you hair dresser fit do am for you, or ask a friend to put am on you.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Fixing Eye-lashes? by wifeypenth(f): 6:25am On Aug 15, 2007
My eyelashes are long and beautiful. Tho i like it on gurls bt i cant go thru d pain they go thru
Re: What's Your Opinion On Fixing Eye-lashes? by moondust(m): 2:17pm On Aug 15, 2007
its ok if u want to learn how to fly by batting ur eye lashes
Re: What's Your Opinion On Fixing Eye-lashes? by ikamefa(f): 1:51am On Aug 17, 2007
done it twice now, love it

it really emphasises the eyes( if its done right)make your eyes pop grin especially with the right make -up grin

its definitely not an everyday thingy

suze:

Thanks for your replies kiss smiley
So, its like it lasts longer when you apply mascara right?

nope! if its applied correctly from the onset ,it should last up to 2 weeks max

depending on how you take care of it
Re: What's Your Opinion On Fixing Eye-lashes? by atiinuke(f): 6:39am On Aug 17, 2007
It makes them look like dolls. Lol
Re: What's Your Opinion On Fixing Eye-lashes? by suze(f): 10:22am On Aug 17, 2007
ikamefa:

done it twice now, love it

it really emphasises the eyes( if its done right)make your eyes pop grin especially with the right make -up grin

its definitely not an everyday thingy

nope! if its applied correctly from the onset ,it should last up to 2 weeks max

depending on how you take care of it

@ ikamefa, what type do you fix? Is it the self adhesive ones or the type you have to add glue?

What type did u use that lasted for 2 weeks?
How do you take care of it for it to last for 2 weeks?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Fixing Eye-lashes? by sweetberry(f): 10:32am On Aug 17, 2007
fixing eye lashes are so cute especially the human hair type
but it is better to use eye lashes curler or mascara to emphasize what you have got
Re: What's Your Opinion On Fixing Eye-lashes? by PrincessMo(f): 4:23pm On Apr 28, 2008
Never gotten em but I'd love to
try one day. Not too long and doll-looking
like all dem gurls on TV tho. . .dang!
Re: What's Your Opinion On Fixing Eye-lashes? by Busta(f): 4:26pm On Apr 28, 2008
They definately ain't necessary.

too fake!
Re: What's Your Opinion On Fixing Eye-lashes? by HRhotness(f): 4:33pm On Apr 28, 2008
I usually use them when i want to glam up for a special occassion
I favour self adhesive ones, as i can take them of fairly easily at the end of the night,,,

Last time i was in lagos, I decided to get the glued up ones at salon in V/I,,, I regreted my life that day,,,
Only God knows the kind of glue they used but the useless girl got glue in my eye, whatever chemicals in it was so harsh it disintigrated my contact lenses inside my eye, my eyes were burning for days,,, I probably would hav ended up blind that day if not for God,,, I'm done with getting beautythings done Lagos sha,,, I heard some people even use superglue,,,

I've decided to appreciate my beautiful eyes and not mess with them no more,,,, mascara and curlers do the trick
I still love false lashes but not for me anymore sad
Re: What's Your Opinion On Fixing Eye-lashes? by ikamefa(f): 1:57am On Apr 29, 2008
suze:

@ ikamefa, what type do you fix? Is it the self adhesive ones or the type you have to add glue?

the self adhesive ones don't last too long , they usually lasts just for a few hours or days depending on how you take care of it

suze:

What type did u use that lasted for 2 weeks?

i normally use the individual lashes you add it to your lashes with a lash glue

suze:

How do you take care of it for it to last for 2 weeks?
generally when you wash your face in the mornings you can't be washing the eyelash areas too vigorously c o s if you apply to much force you will just pull off the lashes, its advisable to use a cleanser for that area of the eyes
use a eyelash curler when applying makeup to help keep them curly and nice always

Re: What's Your Opinion On Fixing Eye-lashes? by abujabooks(f): 1:26pm On May 21, 2008
Nice. But too much hassle.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Latest And Classic Ankara Peplum Tops Styles 2020. / Easy Fish Bone Braids For Men | Cute Fishbone Braid Hairstyles 2021 / Is This Sexy Or What PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.