Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces (38123 Views)

70-year-old Woman Cuts Her Throat With Razor Blade, Dies / Man Stabs Wife To Death, Kills Self In Ogun Village / Man Stabs Wife To Death For Bearing Female Children. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by andyanders: 4:52pm On Jun 30, 2011
@ Mrs. Siena

You should not even respond to people like hackney. No justification for the man’s actions. Be it demon or whatever they claim that must have driven him to commit such a crime. The only justice I want from this act, is death penalty, so that some guys should realize that your state of mind should not drive out your normal self control when things are down for you.
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by emmatok(m): 4:55pm On Jun 30, 2011
Some of my IGBO brother here are very silly.

Someone commits a crime and you are busy shouting IGBO/Yoruba.

Will he be judged  by his tribal affiliations?

Some of you need to go back to school.!!!

The guy is a murderer .
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by phreakabit(m): 4:57pm On Jun 30, 2011
emmatok:

Someone commits a crime and your are busy shouting IGBO/Yoruba.

Will he be judged  be his tribal affiliations?

Some of need to go back to school.!!!

The guy is a murderer .

Only dishing back what has been served on this forum, on numerous occasions. BTW, b4 going ahead to call people silly. You should be more bothered about your command of English. Your spelling is a disaster waiting to happen. Jeez!
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by dammytosh: 5:00pm On Jun 30, 2011
I AM SURPRISED WE MUST CHANGE EVERYTHING TO ETHNIC ISSUE TO DRIVE HOME A POINT. NO SANE PERSON FROM A SANE TRIBE WILL GENERALIZE THAT XYZ IS DONE BY A TRIBE AFTER SEEING IT HAPPEN WITH JUST 5 PEOPLE OUT OF OVER 15MILLION. SUCH STATISTIC IS NOT ONLY FLAWED BUT REFLECTS A FOOLISH ASSERTION FROM A LAZY MIND.

THIS ACT IS BARBARIC AND SHOULD BE SEEN AS SUCH. THERE IS NOTHING THIS WOMAN WOULD HAVE DONE THAT WOULD WARRANT CAPITAL PUNISHMENT.

I ALSO WANT TO ADVISE LADIES WHO JUMP INTO MARRIAGE BECAUSE THEY ARE TIRED OF THEIR FATHER'S HOUSE OR THEY DON'T LIKE THE WAY THEIR SIBLINGS AND PARENT TALK TO THEM ALONE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT MARRIAGE MEANS BEFORE VENTURING INTO IT.
 NOT EVERY GENTLE LOOKING BEAST THAT CAN BE YOUR FRIEND FOR A MONTH AFTER TAKING YOU TO SILVER BIRD CAN COPE WITH YOUR MADNESS FOR A LIFETIME. JUST THINK, THINK AND THINK.

MAY HER GENTLE SOUL REST IN PEACE. AMEN.

- MY OPINION
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by ShyOne(f): 5:07pm On Jun 30, 2011
dammytosh:

I AM SURPRISED WE MUST CHANGE EVERYTHING TO ETHNIC ISSUE TO DRIVE HOME A POINT. NO SANE PERSON FROM A SANE TRIBE WILL GENERALIZE THAT XYZ IS DONE BY A TRIBE AFTER SEEING IT HAPPEN WITH JUST 5 PEOPLE OUT OF OVER 15MILLION. SUCH STATISTIC IS NOT ONLY FLAWED BUT REFLECTS A FOOLISH ASSERTION FROM A LAZY MIND.

THIS ACT IS BARBARIC AND SHOULD BE SEEN AS SUCH. THERE IS NOTHING THIS WOMAN WOULD HAVE DONE THAT WOULD WARRANT CAPITAL PUNISHMENT.

I ALSO WANT TO ADVISE LADIES WHO JUMP INTO MARRIAGE BECAUSE THEY ARE TIRED OF THEIR FATHER'S HOUSE OR THEY DON'T LIKE THE WAY THEIR SIBLINGS AND PARENT TALK TO THEM ALONE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT MARRIAGE MEANS BEFORE VENTURING INTO IT.
 NOT EVERY GENTLE LOOKING BEAST THAT CAN BE YOUR FRIEND FOR A MONTH AFTER TAKING YOU TO SILVER BIRD CAN COPE WITH YOUR MADNESS FOR A LIFETIME. JUST THINK, THINK AND THINK.

- MY OPINION

^^^^

thank you - i completely agree

i also agree with the female writer who said this was escalated from an argument over finances - a small argument that grew quite large and out of control.
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by Finecat(m): 5:08pm On Jun 30, 2011
I'm sure this guy used to work in a bank as well. It's hard to go from a life of earning money and loans to a life where your wife is supporting you. Very sad for the family of this young woman. It's time Nigeria starts to take mental disorder serious, several of our young men are sick!
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by mcwaltz(m): 5:09pm On Jun 30, 2011
boom!
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by superior1: 5:09pm On Jun 30, 2011
Something, Somewhere is wrong
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by obowunmi(m): 5:12pm On Jun 30, 2011
Yes, he's a born again christian. grin grin grin

I'm sure he was paying his tithes.
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by nikkygal(f): 5:14pm On Jun 30, 2011
quadrant4:

Nikkgal where are you?

I am here. . . . . smiley  Yes, how may I help you?
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by aliali: 5:17pm On Jun 30, 2011
Sad story of a marriage gone wry. the man lost it the very day the abuse started. Assuming that the wife provoked him, he should have been man enough to take a walk instead of turning into a butcher. show of brute strength is nothing but  animalistic and least expected from an individual that holds himself as a believer. No justification for it whatsoever.

The true victim in all of this may be their little girl who will grow up to deal with the fact that her father killed her mother in such unfeeling manner.
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by emRemiLek(m): 5:18pm On Jun 30, 2011
It really is better to stay single and alive compared to being in an abusive union/relationship and dead.

R.I.P Titi
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 30, 2011
Please can someone tell me why Ileke-Ide is avoiding to comment on this thread?
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by obowunmi(m): 5:29pm On Jun 30, 2011
Its not by force to marry.
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 30, 2011
dammytosh:

- MY OPINION

emmatok:

Someone commits a crime and your are busy shouting IGBO/Yoruba.

Will he be judged  be his tribal affiliations?

Some of need to go back to school.!!!

The guy is a murderer .

andyanders:

@ Mrs. Siena

You said it all.

She saw the threat and still remained in the marriage. He sold her car off should have made her to realize that it has gotten to the point of madness. I have kept telling ladies, that love is not blind and NEVER marry a man who is extremely possessive or a woman who is same. Women/ladies, must you kill yourself because of LOVE. Many young guys now are mentally sick because of the society and lack of job. Anyway you try tto please them under this condition will not work out as you having a job is a threat

No love is blind; you must open your eyes wide.

bluerange:

He has committed murder and nothing in human or divine law can justify that. I didn't live with couple to know what their day-to-day relationship was like but whatever it was, a man has no right, morally or legally to raise his hand on any woman. Most of these men who are wife-beaters, can not face their fellow men outside, so would take out their inability to face their fellow men on their women, who they know cannot fight back physically.

Why is it that when a man beats his wife into unconsciousness and the law which superintend over all comes to play, he becomes tongue-tied, all the reasons which he feels he can easily back up culturally, fizzles out before him. Being a Man in a relationship entrusts on you the responsibility of a protector. If  you have deeply reflected on your relationship and truthfully come to the realization that your woman can easily make you commit what you will not justify before God and men with living conscience, you know the right thing to do. No human being, Man or woman has the right to depreciate another.

all correct statements. those of you preaching otherwise or starting these stupid tribalistic rants, please find the nearest tall building and jump off.
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by tiwantiwa: 5:44pm On Jun 30, 2011
This is really sad. I think success in marriage is almost 80% on choosing right . Titi's rat  picked a cat as partner . can they ever walk together , Was titi wrong to have said yes to him , she did not know , how can ,  a teen pastor from age 8 , strong unilag fellowship goer , So how could she have known,  somewhere i heard some friend of kolade commented about a forced marriage , just thinking aloud , we walk through life like one that gropes in the dark , sad ,
but something wasn't right from day one , to the singles ,  i think the lesson of this tragedy is that in marriage if it is not right from day one , run , no FLEE !
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by hackney(m): 5:46pm On Jun 30, 2011
phreakabit:

Only dishing back what has been served on this forum, on numerous occasions. BTW, b4 going ahead to call people silly. You should be more bothered about your command of English. Your spelling is a disaster waiting to happen. Jeez!

We are not tribalistic so deal with it!
you dont have to retaliate to prove a point.
if a similar thread with an igbo culprit comes up right now some people will still bash your tribe forgetting this one like magic.

Thats not us ; be urself.
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by kandiikane(m): 5:55pm On Jun 30, 2011
mcwaltz:

@ Kandiikane, a C.U.N.T is a despicable,contemptible, unpleasant and silly person. I am normally a pleasant person and usually I wouldnt even post anything, but I am livid with anger that people would read such terrible news and their first reaction is to make this terrible act into some kind of tribal issue, its unbelievable!

@phreakabit, I may be a new member but i'm not a kid, I therefore recognise C.U.N.T.S like you when I come across them, this is the last first and last time I will reply you, so poof,vamoose and dont even bother replying
I knew what it meant, I was just been sarcastic but yes, you are right. wink

[size=4pt]It also means va[i]gi[/i]na[/size]
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by emmatok(m): 5:57pm On Jun 30, 2011
phreakabit:

Fool, you can't even reason logically, yet you are talking about command of English.

Abegi go sit carry ya nonsense go political/tribal/racism/religion tread.

That guy is murderer and he should be hanged downside-up before a firing squad.
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by lagcity(m): 6:04pm On Jun 30, 2011
this guy is a goner. police and inmates go finish am for jail.
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by lagcity(m): 6:07pm On Jun 30, 2011
my igbo brothers are gonna have a wonderful day with this one. cheesy cheesy. they've been waiting on the sidelines for a long time. mazel tov, guys. enjoy. grin
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by emmatok(m): 6:11pm On Jun 30, 2011
tiwantiwa:

This is really sad. I think success in marriage is almost 80% on choosing right . Titi's rat  picked a cat as partner . can they ever walk together , Was titi wrong to have said yes to him , she did not know , how can ,  a teen pastor  from age 8  , strong unilag fellowship goer , So how could she have known,  somewhere i heard some friend of kolade commented about a forced marriage , just thinking aloud , we walk through life like one that gropes in the dark , sad ,
but something wasn't right from day one , to the singles ,  i think the lesson of this tragedy is that in marriage if it is not right from day one , run , no FLEE !

hmm, if the word in bold is true,

Then some parents need to stop interfering in their children marital / single life.

I know a lot of Christian parents do force their children to marry certain type of people.

Yet the-same parent will never support divorce if the marriage is not working. So So Bad.
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by Thirst4Lif: 6:16pm On Jun 30, 2011
Not supporting her being beaten but she may be aware that she was driving him up the wall leading to the beatings.

How was she driving him up the wall? By working and paying the bills? Raising his child?

The only thing wrong this poor woman did was give him a second chance by going back to him.
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by ceomike(m): 6:26pm On Jun 30, 2011
Its a pity I know the man. happens to attend my church before he got married, PITY
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by kandiikane(m): 6:28pm On Jun 30, 2011
^^Did he show any signs of mental illness?
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 30, 2011
This is blood-boilingly wrong.

What is with this world?
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by Pukkah: 6:45pm On Jun 30, 2011
It's just a pity that some people have chosen this sombre thread to spew useless, ethnic-biased statements. shocked Are they not human beings? What has Yoruba or Ibo got to do with this? It's saddening that more and more Nigerians are losing their sense of decency with each passing day.

The circumstances of this grisly murder should be enough to silence the vituperation of even the most ardent tribalist who has blood flowing in his veins. Unfortunately, it appears as if some people are beyond redemption. Must you see everything from the narrow prism of tribalism?
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by circlet(f): 6:50pm On Jun 30, 2011
Jobless graduate stabs wife to death, dismembers corpse
By Eniola Akinkuotu
Thursday, 30 Jun 2011

View All (206) Comment(s)
Post Comment
Twitter
Send to friend

The couple on their wedding

When 30-year-old Akolade Arowolo and Titilayo tied the knot in November 2008, there was merrymaking as families, friends and well-wishers joined them to celebrate what appeared like true love. Many unmarried young men and women, who graced the occasion, wished they were in the shoes of the couple.

After a while, it was learnt that the couple had a baby girl. Both families and well-wishers were on hand to share the joy of the arrival of the baby with Akolade and Titilayo.

However, on Friday, it was with rude shock and disbelief that the residents of Aswani area of Isolo, Lagos where the couple lived, received the news that Titilayo had been stabbed in the chest and her body mutilated by her husband.

The question on everybody’s lips was: what could have gone wrong? Curious enough, Titilayo was murdered on her husband’s 30th birthday.

When PUNCH METRO spoke with a former classmate of Akolade in the University of Lagos, he said Akolade battered his wife on several occasions because he was frustrated. Akolade’s classmate, who craved anonymity, suspected that he (Akolade) was drunk and stabbed her to death on the day of the incident.

He said, “Arowolo lost his job about two years ago. Titilayo had been sustaining the family with her salaries. I heard he beat her, but she did not tell her relatives. She however confided in one of her colleagues.

“She got home one day and saw that he had sold her car. When she confronted him, he said he needed money. It strained their marriage for a while and she left the house. But she later went back.”

It was learnt that Titilayo, an employee of Skye Bank, Marina, confided in one of her colleagues that her marriage was undergoing challenges but was reluctant to leave because she did not want her daughter to be raised in a broken home.

Some of Akolade’s colleagues at the Federal Government College, Ijankin, Lagos, in 1998, who did not want their names to be mentioned because of the sensitivity of the case, described him as an easy going person, “who does not meddle in other people’s affairs.”

One of his colleagues, who gave his name simply as Tayo, after much pressure by our correspondent, said, “Arowolo was ahead of me for a year in Ijanikin. Sometimes he would be absent from school for a whole term and you would not even notice because he never got into trouble and never kept many friends.”

PUNCH METRO gathered that although Akolade was not gainfully employed, he was running a company registered as ‘Auditing Business’ and functioned as both the auditor and the Chief Executive Officer. Despite this, it was learnt that Titilayo was solely responsible for the upkeep of the family and this frequently caused friction between the couple.

One of Titilayo’s colleagues in the office, who craved anonymity said, “ Last Friday, she (Titilayo) started her leave and informed her parents she would be coming over for the weekend because her father lives in Ifako while she lived in Isolo with her husband. She was the one that even paid the house rent. She paid about N1.3m recently.

“When her relatives didn’t hear from her again, they called her phone several times but she didn’t pick her calls. Later, her husband called back to say they had a small misunderstanding, which had been sorted out.

“They asked to speak with her, but he said she was busy and would call back later. But they didn’t hear from them again. The neighbours however saw her husband jump through the window with blood stains and drove off. But since there was no screaming from the apartment or any noise to suggest they were quarrelling, the neighbours thought all was well.”

PUNCH METRO gathered that Titilayo’s body was discovered two days later with a knife still in her neck. She was stabbed severally in the face and chest.

When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Samuel Jinadu, said he was not aware of the incident and asked that he should be given more time to find out.

But when he was called two hours later, he said, “You still have to give me more time because I just left a meeting now.”
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by dayokanu(m): 6:55pm On Jun 30, 2011
What could she have done to deserve this.

This guy surely has mental issues
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by kandiikane(m): 6:57pm On Jun 30, 2011
^^Do not blame a man's wickedness on mental illness
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by phreakabit(m): 7:07pm On Jun 30, 2011
emmatok:

Fool, you can't even reason logically, yet you are talking about command of English.

Abegi go sit carry ya nonsense go political/tribal/racism/religion tread.

That guy is murderer and he should be hanged downside-up before a firing squad.

Quite an astonishing come back,especially coming from one whose IQ stands just a split nudge above that of an anthropoid. Its remarkably funny how everyone, even the unworthy, seem to compare themselves to those who clearly exceeds their standards in all spheres.

mcwaltz:

@phreakabit, I may be a new member but i'm not a kid, I therefore recognise C.U.N.T.S like you when I come across them, this is the last first and last time I will reply you, so poof,vamoose and dont even bother replying

As for you. . . .  Where do I start? Is it that walnut sized brain of yours dribbling around in your head? Or the fact that you are trying to sound intelligent, hence quoting leeching JayZ of all people (We all have Blue print 1 you know)? Or the fact that you could not understand my previous statement, even though the answer was right there before you? I would give my fingers a break, wouldn't like to stress them over an unworthy dimwit such as yourself. However, I will not cease to ponder at how someone could be so slow as to not get the subliminal message in my previous post, even though they where inverted commas on the word NEW! Whats even funnier is the fact that you only have "2" posts, both made on this thread. SMH@yourlife get smart!
Re: Horror: Nigerian Man Stabs Wife To Death, Cuts Her Into Pieces by ShyOne(f): 7:08pm On Jun 30, 2011
quote by chijam - Today at 03:45:34 PM »

[s]yorubas are bastard, murderer, ritualistic, tribalistic you can ever imagine[/s].  

angry - close your filthy mouth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Man Narrates His Horrible Experience With Policemen In Sapele (Photos) / From Kilishi Conversation On Twitter To Marriage: Couple Wed 4 Years After / Driver Arrested For Stealing Boss N3.5m Van & Selling It For N450k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.